/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Dont have a clue. Help!

FeeFee
08-24-2006, 05:17 PM
Hey All,

I really want to find out more about Islam but i find it really difficult to know where to begin.

Can anyone help?:-\

It might help for you to know that i actually know nothing and im really confused i have been raised with no religion in my life and ive got to point where i feel i need to know more.

Thanks

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
- Qatada -
08-24-2006, 09:31 PM
Hey FeeFee.

I think you should try to understand the basics and the main principles of the religion, so this link may be of some benefit insha'Allaah (God willing):

www.beconvinced.com

After you've read through that, if you have any questions - please don't hesitate to ask.

Peace.

sabrshukr
08-25-2006, 12:28 AM
:sl:
It is okay I was raised in non religous family...I would say take it one step at a time. Gain some knowledge everday and continously increase in knowledge.

Read this brief illustrated guide to Islam
http://www.islam-guide.com

Learn the basics of what Islam and Muslim mean. What do they have to do?
http://www.islamtomorrow.com/islam/definition.htm

Purpose of Life
http://www.islamtomorrow.com/purpose.htm

Learn how to make wudu and how to pray. Get some books or search authentic websites online. There is a lot to say but I would stick with the basics and fundamentals because with a strong foundation on that everything else becomes easy. BarakAllahu feek. May Allah bless you. :)

syilla
08-25-2006, 12:55 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by FeeFee
Hey All,

I really want to find out more about Islam but i find it really difficult to know where to begin.

It might help for you to know that i actually know nothing and im really confused i have been raised with no religion in my life and ive got to point where i feel i need to know more.

Thanks
hello...

its good to know about religion...

but first i just want to know...do you believe in god?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
glo
08-25-2006, 07:08 AM
Nice question, Syilla! :)

muslimah_here
08-25-2006, 01:05 PM
:sl:
try this website www.islamtomorrow.com this webistre has many good links to the lectures of Yusuf Estes (a revert muslim borther)that are really good for those interested to learn bout islam as well as reverts, and have a chat site in there as well for those who are interested in islam and are new muslims, u can try it if u like.

I hope this helps u INSHALLAH.

FI-AMANALLAH.

mortazaB
08-25-2006, 08:42 PM
It might seemed, like a huge mass... but remember step by step, its will become a lot more easier and more clear. What I would do is since your a sister, find a muslim sister, and ask her if she can help you... your best way is go to your closest mosque.

And always pray for guidance.

- Your brother of Islam, Mortaza.

Zulkiflim
08-26-2006, 03:57 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by syilla
hello...

its good to know about religion...

but first i just want to know...do you believe in god?
Salaam,

Lebih baik tanya di jikalau di percaya pada SATU TUHAN...dri tuhan sahaja..
Kalau dia cakap dia percaya pada Zues macam mana..LOL

M H Kahn
08-26-2006, 06:34 AM
Hey All,

Can anyone help?:
Thanks
Hi ! You have been helped a lot in the matter of your interest. But you are not coming back to have feed back by questioning about your confusion, if any.

FeeFee
08-26-2006, 11:05 AM
Hiya

Thank you all for your time and help it really is appreciated.

And yes i do beleive in god and in the after life. i just feel there has to be a purpose and a reason for our short time on earth. And of late it has just made me realise why should i be rewarded in heaven if i give nothing in this life. Doesnt really seem right somehow!

If any of that even made sense?

Les_Nubian
08-26-2006, 03:08 PM
Wow, it's not difficult at all to find out about Islam. There are so many books and websites, it's ridiculous!

Here's a list:
http://www.dmoz.org/Society/Religion...tuality/Islam/

Also, try visiting your local Islamic community center to ask questions.

Oh yeah and visit the STICKY in this forum! That's what they're for! :P
http://www.islamicboard.com/discover...tart-here.html

Les_Nubian
08-26-2006, 03:08 PM
^Oh yeah, and good luck sis! God bless you! :D

FeeFee
08-26-2006, 09:44 PM
Again i just have to thank you for being so kind about it all. And my apologies if i dont get back to you faster. (kinda difficult to get on the pc in my house).

But I can assure you that all your advice and guidance is not going unnoticed.

- Qatada -
08-26-2006, 10:11 PM
Hiya

And yes i do beleive in god and in the after life. i just feel there has to be a purpose and a reason for our short time on earth. And of late it has just made me realise why should i be rewarded in heaven if i give nothing in this life. Doesnt really seem right somehow!

Hi feefee.

masha'Allaah wow! seriosly that's exactly what islam teaches. like all we gota do is follow the Qur'aan (the speech of Allaah) and the Sunnah - the ways of Allaah's Messenger Muhammad (peace be upon him.) And in return - we'll be rewarded with paradise insha'Allaah (God willing.)

if you want, you can ask some specific questions - and we can try to find you some more direct/specific answers insha'Allaah, because it seem's like you've already grasped the basic principle of islam (which means submission anyway.)

Allaah Almighty knows best.

Peace.

i_m_tipu
08-27-2006, 08:35 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fi_Sabilillah
Hi feefee.

if you want, you can ask some specific questions - and we can try to find you some more direct/specific answers insha'Allaah, because it seem's like you've already grasped the basic principle of islam (which means submission anyway.)

Peace.
lol

if u don't know what to ask

than just passing ur time here..

give more time here may be a great help.

share ur idea also study muslim idea.

surely u will find something to ask insAllaah(God willing)

may Allaah help any difficulties.

syilla
08-28-2006, 02:32 AM
Hiya

wow...MashaAllah...thats wonderful...

well you can also try the books that is recommended by brother Al-Ansar...but i'm not sure where is the thread maybe in the discovery of islam...you can try that too... :)

Anyway best wishes to...May Allah show you the right path...

Dhulqarnaeen
08-28-2006, 06:34 AM
Hey All,

Thanks
GO to www.salafipublications.com for the beginner. You will find the explanation of Islam from the famous scholars of Islam. Or if you wanna ask something about Islam then come to sunnah room in this website >>> http://www.islamicboard.com/islamic-...u-know-40.html ....you will find the answer for all your questions about Islam, and we will help you there insha Allah. Just post the question and we will help you insha Allah.
But BASICALLY you must know, Islam is easy, and NOT hard. ALLLLLL easy and make sense. And fit to the reality, fit to the science. And its for everybody, and if you convert to Islam insha Allah all your sins will be erased and you will be saint like a baby that just been bornth. May Allah strength your heart to be muslim, Wallahu yahdiki, amin.

samsam
08-28-2006, 06:43 AM
May allah help you

Dawud_uk
08-28-2006, 10:40 AM
Hiya

peace be upon those who follow righteous guidence feefee,
(this is the traditional muslim greeting to a non-muslim)

sounds exactly how i came to start searching for God's true religion before i became muslim.

now God informs us of our purpose in the Quran, where he tells us that he created us to worship him, there are other things you should do as a human being that will please God but worshipping him is number 1!

maybe you should read the Quran? after all that is also an act of worship that will please God. just open it up with the intention of pleasing God and start reading it from the beginning.

it is a big book but really it is a great start to find the truth about Islam, though you might want some help and clarification from people on this board.

another good book is the 'complete idiots guide to islam' by yahya emerick who is an American convert brother and i found that also very helpful.

may God guide you to the straight path and keep you upon it, ameen!

peace be upon those who follow righteous guidence,
Daw'ud

FeeFee
08-28-2006, 05:50 PM
Thanks all

You have all certainly put alot of my fears at ease and made me realise that islam is only as difficult as you make it. I guess most of my confusion came from an inner struggle and disappointing others. I was and to an extent still am scared of making a mistake or misundertstanding islam. Did anyone else feel the same?

FeeFee

- Qatada -
08-28-2006, 08:36 PM
Thanks all

You have all certainly put alot of my fears at ease and made me realise that islam is only as difficult as you make it. I guess most of my confusion came from an inner struggle and disappointing others. I was and to an extent still am scared of making a mistake or misundertstanding islam. Did anyone else feel the same?

FeeFee

Hi FeeFee.

If you're ever afraid of making a mistake or misunderstanding anything, then you have a right to ask, infact it's your duty because we should all try to work hard to find the truth.

Alot of people can make mistakes, and the one's who ask may seem ignorant for a little while, but in the end - they will be the ones who will succeed insha'Allaah (God willing) - because they won't be ignorant forever. Whereas for the one who's shy in finding out the truth, then their just going to be confused all the time.

Anyway, if you do have any questions - remember, please ask anytime insha'Allaah.

Allah puts no burden on any person beyond what He has given him. After a difficulty, Allah will soon grant relief. (Qur'aan 65:7)

Peace.

muslimah19
08-28-2006, 09:06 PM
Hey feefee, hope all is goin well with u inshallah. I think ur fear is more of the hereafter isnt it?? The fact that you do not know what is in store for u. But sis you will soon realise that every answer you are looking for is in the quran. As one of the brothers or sisters has recommended you should read a translation of it, but this may slightly confuse you further as you probably do not know its history.

Mashallah its good you have acknowledged that there is a creator, and life after death. I sense you have 100% belief of a god, so im hoping you will accept the fact that in order to achieve a plave in heaven you must obey every command of god.

im afraid il have to cut this short

shall continue soon inshallah

peace

~Stranger~
08-28-2006, 09:29 PM
hey FeeFee

good to know you are searching for the truth, that's a good start

may Allah guide you and help you find

M H Kahn
08-29-2006, 03:39 AM
Thanks all

You have all certainly put alot of my fears at ease and made me realise that islam is only as difficult as you make it. I guess most of my confusion came from an inner struggle and disappointing others. I was and to an extent still am scared of making a mistake or misundertstanding islam. Did anyone else feel the same?FeeFee
Islam in a word is worshipping none but Allah. Worship includes seeking any sort of spiritual help. No entity other than Allah has any spiritual power to do you any good or harm. So whatever you need, you have to ask for it to Allah alone directly without any medium. You have no other spiritual friend or protector in this world or in the hereafter but Allah alone.This is Islamic faith and when you have this faith, maybe you are already a Muslim.

Then you have some ritual worships which you will do in the way shown by the prophet, who was simply a guide. So he must not be worshipped in any manner--directly, indirectly or hintingly--and you are expected tol live your whole life as a righteous person in the light of the divine book of the Quran and the ideal of the prophet. But to err is human, so when you commit an act of sin you will repent sincerely to Allah and He will forgive your sin.

Dawud_uk
08-29-2006, 08:56 AM
Thanks all

FeeFee

peace feefee,

i did a little, but i was more affraid of the response i would get from those around me and actually felt i would be treated badly by the muslims but alhamdulillah my experience has been the exact opposite and if anything they treat me too well and that took some getting used to.

just dont be affraid to ask questions, that is what we are here for and none of us would mind at all.

peace be upon those who follow righteous guidence,
Daw'ud

syilla
08-30-2006, 06:38 AM
Thanks all

FeeFee
is not only you...we too fears that we can't be the best muslim. Thats why even some born muslim doesn't want to believe in islam anymore.

We are a human being...all we can do is to try our best. As a muslim we have prayer...and we always pray (make dua)...so that Allah will always show us the right path.

The only person that can jugde us is Allah...so just learn as much as you can and don't worry too much. :sister:

ikhlas
08-31-2006, 09:55 AM
Hey All,

Thanks
exactly what area are you not sure of

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.