/* */

PDA

View Full Version : some questions

Ummu Sufyaan
08-25-2006, 10:22 AM
:sl:
brothers and sisters. i have some questions, that i am hoping, inshallah, you can answer for me, with authentic soruses from the quran and sunnah.

1. if someone does an act of shirk/kufr without knowing, do they have to do a ghusl?

2. when the worshippier places their forheads on the ground during sujood, does the forhead have to touch the ground. i.e without a barrier. what i mean is that sometims, my head pieces slightly becomes lowedered during sujood and covers the top of my forhead, more like near the hairline.
thats it for now inshallah.

jazakallhu khair

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
lolwatever
08-25-2006, 10:31 AM
salamz sis

they need to make sincere tawbah and repent. I don't know about if they have to take ghusl again, but if they done major shirk/kufr they should do it and do shahadah again to be on safe side (especially if they apostated and returned back to Islam).

2. 'headpieces', do u mean ur hijab/khimar sis? I think its fine, because the prophet said 'i was commanded to make sujood on 7 places' (two of these are the feet, and you definately can mkae sujood wearing socks) so based on that its fine if your hijab is in the way. no harm at all inshalah.

hope that helps :)

take care salamz

Ummu Sufyaan
08-26-2006, 08:06 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by lolwatever
salamz sis

they need to make sincere tawbah and repent. I don't know about if they have to take ghusl again, but if they done major shirk/kufr they should do it and do shahadah again to be on safe side (especially if they apostated and returned back to Islam).

2. 'headpieces', do u mean ur hijab/khimar sis? I think its fine, because the prophet said 'i was commanded to make sujood on 7 places' (two of these are the feet, and you definately can mkae sujood wearing socks) so based on that its fine if your hijab is in the way. no harm at all inshalah.

hope that helps :)

take care salamz

jazakallahu khair for your reply.
whats the difference between a hijab and a khimar?

lolwatever
08-26-2006, 08:49 AM
wa iyakum sis

oh i think khimar is more covering than Hijab... it goes down till the waste but its not like a niqab in that the face is still visible..

tc salamz

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ummu Sufyaan
08-26-2006, 09:06 AM
in the book: requirements of jilbaab. the definition of khimar is as follows:
"al Qurtubi explains: 'Women in the past (i.e before the ayahs concerning covering properly were revealed) used to cover their heads with a khimar, throwing its ends, over their backs. this left the neck and upper part of the chest bare in a manner of the christians. Then Allah commanded them to cover those parts with the khimar.'

hence the khimar must fully not cover only hair, but the neck, the shoulders and the chest."

requirments of jilbaab.
www.memphisdawah.com

lolwatever
08-26-2006, 09:17 AM
^^ yep :D

jazaks4that sis i never knew those details

not that i wear khimar when i pray :p (here comes alpha dude and zAk....)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.