/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Closer to mother or father.

syilla
08-25-2006, 04:43 PM
Just want to check wheter girls are closer with their father and the guys are closer with their mom.:D

I think girls usually not in good terms with their mother...but what about guys :rollseyes:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
S_87
08-25-2006, 04:44 PM
:sl:

i think im just about same

Najiullah
08-25-2006, 04:46 PM
very difficult to answer sis

ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm i guess i am close to my mom

Samee
08-25-2006, 04:47 PM
Yeah, usually boys are closer with their moms than their fathers, and vice versa with the girls.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Noor
08-25-2006, 05:01 PM
For those of us with single parents, it becomes very easy to choose: I love my mom like a fat kid loves cake!

My dad died when I was one years old so I dont know him enough to hate him. May Allah have mercy on him.

Peace

P.S. this question differs from person to person, what point are you trying to make? And why is this in Marriage Section?

Muezzin
08-25-2006, 05:06 PM
Yeah, why is this thread in the marriage section?

Maybe it would be better off in General Chat.

syilla
08-25-2006, 05:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Noor
For those of us with single parents, it becomes very easy to choose: I love my mom like a fat kid loves cake!

My dad died when I was one years old so I dont know him enough to hate him. May Allah have mercy on him.

Peace

P.S. this question differs from person to person, what point are you trying to make? And why is this in Marriage Section?
just to make a survey...i just want to see why girls are always in bad terms with their mothers.

my mother is a single parent too :D

syilla
08-25-2006, 05:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
Why is this thread in the marriage section?
well...there is no family section or parenting section.... :rollseyes

so where should i post this?

Muezzin
08-25-2006, 05:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by syilla
just to make a survey...i just want to see why girls are always in bad terms with their mothers.
Freud called it 'Electra Complex'. The male equivalent is 'Oedipal Complex'.

I don't like Freud's theories very much, they're too incestuous for my liking.

syilla
08-25-2006, 05:11 PM

are you trying to be the master muezzin... :rollseyes

or is it an actual factual info.. :D

if it is one...then thank you :thankyou: for the info.

syilla
08-25-2006, 05:22 PM
^^^
thankyou thank you...thank you...

:thankyou: :thankyou: :thankyou:

Starseeker
08-25-2006, 06:21 PM
I'm a mummys girl all the way!!

jello
08-25-2006, 06:23 PM

I am closer to my mother than to my father... But, my sister is also closer to her mother than she is to her father. so I am not sure about Freud and whatever else in this case.

Hijaabi22
08-25-2006, 06:26 PM
Just want to check wheter girls are closer with their father and the guys are closer with their mom.:D

I think girls usually not in good terms with their mother...but what about guys :rollseyes:

Tho I luv both my parents loads n loads n loads MA A DADDIES GAL

learningislam
08-25-2006, 08:28 PM
:salamext:

well..........i am closer to my father. I have Alhumdulillah good relations with my mom, but even though i have tried many times.........still we are not close to each other. I wonder why is that so.
I know , some of my friends who are real close to their moms, just like friends.
And yes, my father is like.........very understanding,caring , ......... and well like all girls i am gonna say that "He is the best father on the planet " Alhumdulillah........May Allah give both of my parents long life and health .ameen

:wasalamex

Kittygyal
08-25-2006, 08:32 PM
I HATE ME DAD DON'T KNOW WHERE HE IS HATE MY STEP DAD TOO!!!

I love me mam to bits wish i can go to her so mammy gyal all the way!!!!!!!!! :wub: i love you mam!! :cry:

samiya_06
08-25-2006, 08:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kittygyal
I HATE ME DAD DON'T KNOW WHERE HE IS HATE MY STEP DAD TOO!!!

I love me mam to bits wish i can go to her so mammy gyal all the way!!!!!!!!! :wub: i love you mam!! :cry:
i love both my parents but, my mom died when i was 2 years so i am close to my dad
allhamdulilah i love both my parents there's no difference between them

Hijaabi22
08-25-2006, 08:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by learningislam
and well like all girls i am gonna say that "He is the best father on the planet " Alhumdulillah........May Allah give both of my parents long life and health .ameen

no my dad the best lol

glo
08-25-2006, 08:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by samiya_06
i love both my parents but, my mom died when i was 2 years so i am close to my dad
It's the other way round for me.

My dad died when I was 3.
I can't really say that I love my dad, because I don't remember him.
I respect my step-father for all the input he's had into my upbringing, and for caring and providing for my mother and us children, but I can't say I ever grew to love him.
I am closest to my mother, and I love and respect her loads. She's a great woman! :)

Kittygyal
08-25-2006, 08:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by samiya_06
:cry:

but i don't have a dad apart from my step dad whom is a player! never talk to him never wana !

bint_muhammed
08-25-2006, 09:00 PM
love both, but i was closer to my dad who sadly passed away when i was 12. please dont bring freuds theories into it it makes me sick! its more than enough studying him at college, he is a very sick man, though his theories in other parts of psychology is understandable!

Duhaa
08-25-2006, 09:02 PM

You can say that again!!
First I heard of his 'theories' was from a friend who was taking Psychology at A level.
What a shocker :uuh:

Well I'm really close to my mum, love her to bits and all that. I tell her everything and vice versa.
And my dad, love him too but I have to compete with other sisters to be daddy's girl. ;D

i_m_tipu
08-26-2006, 09:26 AM
i m greater than (>) Boy :grumbling

mother is my life

IceQueen~
08-26-2006, 09:26 AM
edit

786rani
08-26-2006, 09:36 AM
i'm closer 2 my mum...but luv ma dad
rani

strider
08-26-2006, 10:10 AM
Assalamu alaikum

'I'm a girl. I'm closer to my Dad.'

Ma'assalama

IceQueen~
08-26-2006, 11:08 AM
how do you people get on with men (dads?) they are all just so... :X

Tania
08-26-2006, 11:13 AM
Closer to mom:) but i understand well with my father too

SophiaCroft
08-26-2006, 11:26 AM
Aslaam U Alikum!
Thanks to Allah Tallah both of my parent are very dear to me. I can't say that I'm close to Mom and not to Dad or close to Dad and not to Mom. They both play very important role, being a Mom and a Dad in my life. So I love both them.
* May Allah grant them happiness here and hereafter *(Amin)

afriend
08-26-2006, 11:35 AM
LOL!

I love my mum more than the world, although she's the only one who really gives me earfuls everytime....I can just tell that it's out of love.....

My dad's a university student at the age of 43 :omg: LOL!

IceQueen~
08-26-2006, 11:39 AM
aww :wub: its sweet that mummys get loving kids masha allah

Mujahidah4Allah
08-26-2006, 11:45 AM

mym mum now i loved my dad but he's not in the dunya no more :( khair inshaallah :)

ma'salamah

MusLiM 4 LiFe
08-26-2006, 04:57 PM
umm.. how can u choose? i love my mum n dad equally da same cuz dey da bomb n dey spoil me :giggling:

habiibti
08-26-2006, 05:06 PM
i`m closer to ma dad than to ma mum.i know him better and feel comfortable talking to him.:)

Tania
08-26-2006, 08:42 PM
The thread statistics shows we are closer to our mom, rather to our dad.:)

Sweet_Boy
08-26-2006, 09:30 PM
just as most people in the world i love my mum and dad a lot ... but its hard to say which one im closer to at times ... i mean thier both equally important but my mum is much more sweeter and a little bit more closer than my papa ...

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
08-26-2006, 10:24 PM
I think im closer to my mom, only cuz im around her more. But when both r around it falls either way. So its kinda hard to choose.

MuslimahBlue
08-26-2006, 11:52 PM
I love both my parents but im probably closer to my mother.

afriend
08-26-2006, 11:57 PM
I still love my mum more even though she stopped me from eating my fav. chocs :offended: But i kno it's for the best.

If u look at it that way, u will just adore ur mother :)

But out of all i still love my grand.p. Most, it's like...can't explain but i'm always so good around em, I do all salaahs n jammah and everything...

Today it started raining so bad I ran and got 2 umbrellas for my nana after maghrib...I can't imagine myself doin that 4 any1 else without having been told to...

syedanoor
08-27-2006, 04:10 AM
i love my ammi and am closer to her a bit more because she never sugarcoats anything for me ;D

i can talk to her about anything and sometimes i think she is a shapeshifter :giggling: bcuz sometimes just because of her talks she can become my sista or a frnd, other things she says is more like something my abu would say.

plus it's always fun to tease her and since she isn't the mushy gushy type it's even more fun to get loads and loads of hugs and kisses from her ;D

syilla
08-28-2006, 02:27 AM

thanks all...the poll shows that they both boy and girl are closer to your mother...

mod can you help me with the poll...

do you think you can edit it...erm...sorry if i'm such a nuisance to you.

do you think you can add another one.

i'm boy/girl and i'm closer to both of my parents.

and also do you think you make the voters anonymous.

sorry...again :thankyou:

north_malaysian
08-28-2006, 03:49 AM
Being as the ONLY son of the family .... I'm mummy's boy!!!

lolwatever
08-28-2006, 03:56 AM
zAk what did you mean by 'closer to your mum' in the poll... in what way? ;D

u mean ur closer coz ur doing research on how to find solution to the "wonderful quote" (hint hint) problem or coz you're always next 2her debating her about a certain gender issue :argue: or..? :omg:

;)

syilla
08-28-2006, 04:10 AM
^^^hehe ...i did it not zak...he just helping me with the poll...

Woodrow
08-28-2006, 04:19 AM
I would suspect that both girls and boys tend to be closer to their Mothers for the age group of most in this forum. For the simple reason that is who usually who raises them and has the earliest influence. I think most of the time a fathers influences dosen't really kick in until the children reach well into adult hood and from then on it tends to flip back and forth, as life crises arrive. Fathers understand some better, mothers understand some better.

I would suspect that the results of this question will change for different age groups. But the over all end would be that over a life time a person is equaly close to both parents. The one closest at any given time is dependant on the persons age.

i_m_tipu
08-28-2006, 04:47 AM
look like
I'm a boy. I'm closer to my Mom
wining

learningislam
08-28-2006, 04:58 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
I would suspect that both girls and boys tend to be closer to their Mothers for the age group of most in this forum. For the simple reason that is who usually who raises them and has the earliest influence. I think most of the time a fathers influences dosen't really kick in until the children reach well into adult hood and from then on it tends to flip back and forth, as life crises arrive. Fathers understand some better, mothers understand some better.

I would suspect that the results of this question will change for different age groups. But the over all end would be that over a life time a person is equaly close to both parents. The one closest at any given time is dependant on the persons age.
^^^^ yeah, i agree........
i remember..........when our parents were going for Hajj, i was 9 years old at that time. Even though, i am more close to my father.........but when we went to see them off, i was crying by my mom......that i would miss her
(inspite of the fact that my mom was quite strict as compared to my father).

syilla
08-28-2006, 05:01 AM

what i want to learn is...why is girls are usually are not that close to their mother compared to the boys...

from what i've seen...

:w:

i_m_tipu
08-28-2006, 06:16 AM

what i want to learn is...why is girls are usually are not that close to their mother compared to the boys...

from what i've seen...

Allaah knows the best

mother always have a bit more affection to her male child

Father always have a bit more affection to his female child.

i think
wife wanted to love her hubby.
husband wanted to love his wife.

but in reality they can't show all of their emotion for ego problem.

that make them to love their opposite sex child love more.(it's my calculation:okay:)

syilla
08-28-2006, 06:26 AM
^^^i hope is not the freud theory :p

btw what is really this freud theory all about..

i_m_tipu
08-28-2006, 06:52 AM
^^^i hope is not the freud theory :p

btw what is really this freud theory all about..
my net is not working properly:-\

Freud :?

syilla
08-28-2006, 06:57 AM
i also don't know...

but the posters kept mentioning about freud theory...you can read it from the previous thread...

life
08-28-2006, 07:01 AM
I think most of the childern are closer to their mom.....me 2 closer to my mom,but i love my dad too.......

umm-sulaim
08-28-2006, 12:48 PM
i'm closer to my mum, didn't know dad Allah yar7amuhu

wassalaam

lolwatever
08-28-2006, 12:57 PM
^ oh ameen :(

may Allah grant both your parents jannatul firdaws (all of us too insahlah) ameen..

Malaikah
09-03-2006, 05:28 AM
i also don't know...

but the posters kept mentioning about freud theory...you can read it from the previous thread...

what?? whos talking about fruedian theory?

the thoery that little boys are scared of their dad becuase they fear he might castrate him?? or the other parts of the thoery that i wont even go into??:offended:

Vaseline
09-03-2006, 05:29 AM
My abbujaan is more frank and very easy to get along with so I am more closer to him. I am not as close to my mother, for some reason......though at times I wish I was, just to have that intimate relationship :cry: :(

Once I asked my mother on the issue of marriage and she was like "no no no, don't talk about it now" (and I am really not that young to bring up the issue) yet all of sudden my dad would just say (on a different day) "Saaaaraaaaaaah*, we are looking for a boy for youuuuu. You have to control him. Don't let him control you. Your ammi controlled me you know!" :giggling:

He is so funny! I love him to bits. More than my mother. Yet in Islam you have to love your mother 3 times more than your father as paradise is at the feet of your mother.

*Name changed for privacy reasons

The Ruler
09-03-2006, 10:25 AM
salam...

i dunno relly....i prefer ta stay in ma room mor...but if it cums to hu im 'closer' wid...i fink itd b ma mum ^o)

wassalam

Helena
09-03-2006, 10:35 AM
thats easy for moi...well am equally same for my parents.....

but i love my mum to bits man.....shes everything to moi..she my light in my life...shes simply everything to me...with her am something..without her am lost, am nothing....

love her man......life without her is unimaginable....wallahi i'll do anything for her, to please her......shes been thru alot in life....

man am missing her....she went greenstreet.....mite call her now...

u call our realtionship in this way..me of a mother and her as a daughter....were always looking out for each other...

about months ago....she normally comes home from work at 1.15....da work place is about 10 mins away....that day.....she wasnt coming home....it was half one den 2.00pm...

wallahi i was getting all worried thinking all sorts of things...okay am such a baby...i started to cry.....called my aunts/uncles and da work place...but she left work at 1.15 as they sed...

man called her friends house and so on.....told me lil brother to go her work place...man i was all stressed up.....

den she arrives home at half two....i jus totally burst into tears.....

guess where she was in my cousins house...proper told off...amma cudve phoned me.....

thats how strong our realtionship is....inshalah it stays like..inshalah.....

IceQueen~
09-03-2006, 12:15 PM
(lolwatever's post) he he...;D yeah I was wondering why he picked that one too;D
(in fact i was about to call him a mummy's boy:X )

piXie
09-03-2006, 03:58 PM
it depends really....

right now im closer to my mum...cuz my dads abroad :rollseyes

tho i remember tryin to get closer to my dad wen i was tryna sneak some money out of his pocket :X ;)

Abdul-Raouf
09-03-2006, 04:27 PM
ALHAMDULILLAH.... im very close to both my mother and father.......

IceQueen~
09-03-2006, 04:29 PM
^ aww that's nice masha allah.. a balance?

Al-Zaara
09-03-2006, 05:34 PM

Aww, what a cute thread! :love:

I just wish the poll would have had the choices "Not sure" or "Love them equally" or something...

Because I love my Mum as much as I love my Dad.
They are great parents, alhamdulillah, though sometimes there are things we don't agree on... Like when I should get married (typical:rollseyes ) or about some political issues... But in the end of the day, we understand and respect each others opinions. :)

My relationship to Dad is different than to my Mum. Of course. :giggling: With Mum I can talk about more "personal" stuff. :okay:
But Dad and I have this kind of "two best friends in the war" relationship... ;D lol... So hard to explain. I mean like, we are so alike. We do fight some times, yet we are very close and we go through many things together. We both need each other. :giggling:

My Mum is like many Mum's. Always worried about me, prays for me and my sisters and just wants the best for us. :wub:

syilla
09-04-2006, 01:14 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al-Zaara

Aww, what a cute thread! :love:

I just wish the poll would have had the choices "Not sure" or "Love them equally" or something...

i wanted to add that too...but i don't know how to edit it :D.

i asked for zak help...but he is busy i guess...

------
04-10-2007, 03:34 PM

Closer to father :D :p

FatimaAsSideqah
04-10-2007, 03:37 PM

I am closer to my mother! She is the best..:statisfie

Aisha!
05-24-2007, 03:39 AM
im to close to my mom lol -[]

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.