/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Firefighter

AnonymousPoster
08-25-2006, 07:45 PM
:sl:

Anything wrong, Islamically, in becoming a firefighter. I'm 99.9999999% sure it would be halal, but people have a knack for calling every career haraam.

i.e.

"working for the government saving the kuffaar" (I know this is ridiculous and completely against what Islam teaches...but an example of some ridiculous things people say)

another one

"you may have to come into contact with a woman when saving her...haraam"

I'm sure you understand what I'm saying here

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
chacha_jalebi
08-25-2006, 07:48 PM
bla bla bla lol :p thats what people say

bro theres nothin wrong with it, its better then lettin a non mehram die, then comin into contact with them & savin them, rememba its all bout ur intentions :D thats what Allah (swt) judges us on!

but firefighter is a really gud job mashallah :D, and if any1 says it rong remem dey jealous :p and people say bla bla u cant work for this govt, then y dey livin in this country? leave :p they get a education here & say you cant work for this govt, thats so dumb :p dont listen to them bro :D:D:D

firefighter is a wikid job mashallah

Fishman
08-25-2006, 07:56 PM
I would think working for the emergency services like the firefighters, the hospitals, the mountain rescue teams, the lifeboat guards, the stormchasers, the sismologists, the volcanologists and even the police would be a very good job for a Muslim, you would get to do good deeds all the time!
:w:

Ghazi
08-25-2006, 08:26 PM

jealous
LOL Doubt that's the case, I wouldn't envy FireFighters with all the fire lol, But I suggest this matter is taken to a scholar.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ummu Sufyaan
08-26-2006, 09:11 AM
better ask a scholar.

Eric H
08-26-2006, 11:06 AM
Greetings in peace to you all

I wonder if I can ask the same question in a different way.

Are there any Islamic reasons that a woman should not become a fire fighter if she had to come into contact with a man whilst trying to save him?

Or if a Muslim sister was walking down the road, would she be allowed to try and save a man in some kind of emergency situation?

Peace Eric

strider
08-26-2006, 12:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Eric H

Are there any Islamic reasons that a woman should not become a fire fighter if she had to come into contact with a man whilst trying to save him?

Or if a Muslim sister was walking down the road, would she be allowed to try and save a man in some kind of emergency situation?

Peace Eric
If there is nobody else around, then i would have thought it would be permitted for her to save a man.

glo
08-26-2006, 02:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Eric H

Peace Eric
Hi Eric

I asked very similar questions here: http://www.islamicboard.com/comparat...help+is+needed

In the context of this thread topic, I suppose taking certain actions in an emergency situation may be different to choosing a job which, by definition, will require you to carry out those same actions on a possibly regular basis. :?

peace.

Tania
08-27-2006, 10:46 AM
I think you can because are men which work as doctors and due to their job at one point they could get in contact with women too. If they can i don't see why you couldn't choose this job.:?

Dawud_uk
08-28-2006, 11:04 AM
assalaamu alaykum,

i had a friend who had this exact same issue, he wanted to join the fire service and in the end after consulting a scholar he decided against because he would need to shave off his beard.

this is because the masks have to be air tight so he had a choice of taking the new job or keeping his beard.

in general principle though it is a good job as helping the public but if enough other people doing this already then there is no need for brothers to take on this role.

assalaamu alaykum,
Daw'ud

glo
08-28-2006, 11:15 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dawud_uk
assalaamu alaykum,

i had a friend who had this exact same issue, he wanted to join the fire service and in the end after consulting a scholar he decided against because he would need to shave off his beard.

this is because the masks have to be air tight so he had a choice of taking the new job or keeping his beard.

in general principle though it is a good job as helping the public but if enough other people doing this already then there is no need for brothers to take on this role.

assalaamu alaykum,
Daw'ud
Interesting.
The highlighted statement makes sense if you live in a predominantly non-Muslim society, and there are enough people able and willing to do such jobs.
I wonder, what do firefighters in Islamic countries do? :?

Peace.

Tania
08-28-2006, 01:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
Interesting.
The highlighted statement makes sense if you live in a predominantly non-Muslim society, and there are enough people able and willing to do such jobs.
I wonder, what do firefighters in Islamic countries do? :?

Peace.
I think there is this public service too. And i am 100% sure not every muslim grows a beard :)

Abdul Fattah
08-28-2006, 06:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender

Anything wrong, Islamically, in becoming a firefighter. I'm 99.9999999% sure it would be halal, but people have a knack for calling every career haraam.

i.e.

"working for the government saving the kuffaar" (I know this is ridiculous and completely against what Islam teaches...but an example of some ridiculous things people say)

another one

"you may have to come into contact with a woman when saving her...haraam"

I'm sure you understand what I'm saying here
Yes I think this falls under the "necesity breaks law" ruling. People in burning buildings deserve rescue, no matter what their religion or gender. And someone gotta do it right :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!