/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Qasidah Burdah translation

MusLiM 4 LiFe
08-25-2006, 10:07 PM
:sl:

anyone have the translation of Qasidah Burdah??

post it up please :)

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Al-Hanbali
08-25-2006, 10:35 PM

Here it is sis. It's the Mesut Kurtis version. :)

(Chorus)

Mawlaya salli wa sallim da-Iman abadan
‘Ala habibika khayril khalqi kullihimi
(Oh my Master, send Your salutations and blessings eternally
Upon Your Beloved – the best of creation) ( x 2 )

Muhammadun sayyidul kawnayni wath-thaqalain
(Muhammad is the leader [as the Final Prophet and the best of creation] Of the two worlds, and of Man and Jinn) ( x 3 )

(Chorus)

Wal fareeqaini min ‘urbin wa min ‘ajami
(Leader also of the Arabs and the non-Arabs and their kin)

(Chorus)

Huwal habibul ladhi thurja shafa’athuhu
(Beloved by Allah is he, upon whose pleading we depend) ( x 3 )

Likulli hawlin minal ahwali muq-thahami
(From the terrors of the Day of Judgement, which on us descend)

(Chorus)

Thummar ridha ‘an Abi Bakrin wa ‘an ‘Umarin
(Then we ask You to be pleased with Abu Bakr and 'Umar ( x 3 )

Wa ‘an ‘Aliyyin wa ‘an ‘Uthmana dhil karami
(And ‘Ali and ‘Uthman – the generous one)

(Chorus)

Ya Rabbi bil Mustafa balligh maqasidana
(Oh Lord, with the Chosen One, grant us our goals) ( x 3 )

(Chorus)

Waghfir-lana ma mada, Ya wasi’al karami
(And forgive us for what has already passed, Oh Most Munificent One)

You can listen to it here. :)

format_quote Originally Posted by Taymullah

"The poem was written by Imam Muhammad al-Basiri in praise of the Prophet (SAW). He wrote it when he was paralyzed. One night Prophet Muhammad (SAW) appeared in his dream and Imam Basiri recited his poem to the Prophet (SAW). When Imam Basiri woke in the morning, he was cured from his illness, subhanallah." :)

Burdah - Mesut Kurtis

MusLiM 4 LiFe
08-25-2006, 10:37 PM
jazakallah khair sis.. dat woz very useful :)

Khaldun
08-25-2006, 10:50 PM

Shaykh Abu Ammar Yasir Qadhi said when asked about this poem if it contained anything good.

Salaam Alaikum

Yes, there is much in the poem that is praiseworhty and beautiful. In fact, certain sections will even move you to tears.

However, that doesn't change the fact that there is blatant shirk in all three categories of tahweed in that poem: shrik in ruboobiyyah, uloohiyyah and asma wa sifaat.
Therefore, the poem should not and cannot be read except to correct these exceses.
As for the alleged story of how the poem was written, the Prophet (saw) would not appear to anyone and praise him had he written soemthing of shirk. It is only the mystics who base their religion on dreams and fairy-tales; as for the true Muslm, he has the Quran and authentic Sunnah as his only true guides.

BTW, just so no one things I haven't read the poem or am passing judgments w/o any knoweldge:
An example of shirk in ruboobiyyah is the stanza:
"And of your generosity is the (creation) of the Wolrd and its co-wife (meaning the Hereafter)..." Here it is as if the World and the Hereafter was created from the generosity of the Prophet (SAW).

An example of Shirk in Asma wa sifaat:
"And part of your knowledge is the knowlege of the Tablet and the Pen..." So PART of the knowledge of the Prophet (SAW) is the knoewledge that is encompassed in the LAwh al-Mahufdh - the tablet that has EVERYTHING written on it!! and that is only 'part' of his knowledge!! Compare this mystic poem with the authentic hadeeth in Bukhari where a young girl said "And we have a prophet who knows what will happen tommorrow.' to which the Prophet (SAW) said, "Leave this (bit), and say the rest of it."

Example of shirk in uloohiyyah:
" And who else there, besides you, who I can call out, at times of distress and problems?" Umm... how about our Creator, the only one the Prophet (SAW) HIMSELF would turn to at times of distress??

The poem is a prime example of over-praising the Prophet (SAW) and putting him ina place where even he himself would not like. We will discuss it more in Aqeedah 101 insha Allah.

Yasir
http://forums.almaghrib.org/showthread.php?p=55463

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Najiullah
08-26-2006, 02:40 AM
JazakAllah bro Taymullah Excellent post MashaAllah

sis lol Taymullah is A brother
;D

Al-Hanbali
08-26-2006, 02:49 AM

Oh not again. Thats like the third tym thats happened. :)

MusLiM 4 LiFe
08-26-2006, 03:59 PM
oooohhhh oooopz :$ omg hw embarasin, sorry bro lol..

i dnt xactli kno y i calld u sis :rollseyes :p

$i$ter
08-26-2006, 05:26 PM
salaam...

jus thort i'd let u 'Qasida Burda' Fans know dat Kamal Uddin's latest Album 'Illallah' contains an english version of the song Qasida Burda.

wna av a listen? http://nasheedshop.com/prod.php?pc=KU-002

let me knw wt u tink!...x

MusLiM 4 LiFe
08-26-2006, 05:29 PM
oh yh herd dat.. but its not all translated.. :?

MinAhlilHadeeth
08-26-2006, 05:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Khaldun

Shaykh Abu Ammar Yasir Qadhi said when asked about this poem if it contained anything good.

http://forums.almaghrib.org/showthread.php?p=55463
JazakAllah khayr. That's just what I was about to say.

:wasalamex

S_87
08-29-2006, 01:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by $i$ter
salaam...

jus thort i'd let u 'Qasida Burda' Fans know dat Kamal Uddin's latest Album 'Illallah' contains an english version of the song Qasida Burda.

wna av a listen? http://nasheedshop.com/prod.php?pc=KU-002

let me knw wt u tink!...x
:sl: sister

check out what bro khaldun posted especially the following part

However, that doesn't change the fact that there is blatant shirk in all three categories of tahweed in that poem: shrik in ruboobiyyah, uloohiyyah and asma wa sifaat.

MusLiM 4 LiFe
08-29-2006, 02:20 PM
ohhhhhhh.. i missed wot bro kadafi sed.. :-\

Hijrah
11-07-2006, 06:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by amani
:sl: sister

check out what bro khaldun posted especially the following part

http://askimam.org/fatwa/fatwa.php?a...4c65be8853a98a

S_87
11-07-2006, 07:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hijrah

..........? many 'ignorant' scholars have also written many refutations to this burda... ill post it up later if you wish..its a detailed explanation of some of the verses.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.