/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Ever think Muslims worry to much about cricket?

jello
08-26-2006, 01:36 PM
:sl:

Has anyone thought that perhaps some of us Muslims worry too much about cricket? (I am referring of course to those Mulims who live in cricket-playing countries, the rest have other sports to worry about).

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
QuranStudy
08-26-2006, 01:41 PM
Yes. Sometimes I feel that the youth in Bangladesh know more about Saurav Ganguly than their own religion.

IceQueen~
08-26-2006, 01:44 PM
hmm? i dunno anything about cricket... they are li'l green things aren't they? ;D

hm, but if its not cricket then its some other sport.. ye know kids
but if sport means they get active and use their muscles -good training for jihad ;)

strider
08-26-2006, 02:06 PM
Assalamu alaikum

Eh? I fail to see the correlation between faith and a particular sport.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
QuranStudy
08-26-2006, 02:25 PM
Eh? I fail to see the correlation between faith and a particular sport.
The kids I know (Bangladesh) play criket over 5 hours a day, but only do Jummah prayers.

afriend2
08-26-2006, 02:28 PM
Salaam,

Everyone loves cricket in Bangladesh (some are even obsessed).....and its frustrating that some even miss their prayers just to play!!!

Wassalam :peace:

IceQueen~
08-26-2006, 02:35 PM
OOOOOKAAAAAAAAAY missing prayers for it is not good....

Najiullah
08-26-2006, 02:37 PM
i dont think every muslim in pakistan and bangaldesh worry to much about cricket :)

Ghazi
08-26-2006, 03:41 PM
:sl:

Cricket LOL now that's a sport I'll never understand.

M2A^AKIB^
08-26-2006, 04:11 PM
i wouldn't say they are obsessed... it's a hobby... sometimes they get carried away....

when FIFA comes, u could say bangladesh is obsessed with it.

in last world cup, when Argentina got kicked out, this guy had a heart attack...

Sweet_Boy
08-26-2006, 09:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ya Mustafa
i wouldn't say they are obsessed... it's a hobby... sometimes they get carried away....

when FIFA comes, u could say bangladesh is obsessed with it.

in last world cup, when Argentina got kicked out, this guy had a heart attack...
:rollseyes wow a heart attack wow im a massive italia fan but wow a heart attack thats just ... toooo dedicated to your sport :D if you ask me ...

Football still rules ;D

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
08-26-2006, 09:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sweet_Boy
:rollseyes wow a heart attack wow im a massive italia fan but wow a heart attack thats just ... toooo dedicated to your sport :D if you ask me ...

Football still rules ;D
only if those people would think about Islam that way. I mean ur not taking ur cricket skillz with u on the Day of Judgement! :rant:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.