/* */

PDA

View Full Version : fellow muslims terrorism

HusamLah
08-26-2006, 10:54 PM
what can we muslims do to police the muslim world against terrorism so the rest of the world doesnt have to?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
afriend
08-26-2006, 11:12 PM
we can kick their faces in :p joke.

OR

We can show them what Islam really is, and denounce every act of terror done for Islam, that is not of us, number 2, we must condemn every act :)

Woodrow
08-26-2006, 11:22 PM
Live our lifes as Muslims and show by example instead of words. Stop speaking out in favor of those who use terrorism. We do not have to condemn them, but we can stop enabling them by our support. Let Terrorists know they will get no help from Muslims.

We need to support Islam and learn to stop acting like we support acts of terror.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
08-26-2006, 11:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
Live our lifes as Muslims and show by example instead of words. Stop speaking out in favor of those who use terrorism. We do not have to condemn them, but we can stop enabling them by our support. Let Terrorists know they will get no help from Muslims.

We need to support Islam and learn to stop acting like we support acts of terror.
Yea its important to show what Islam is and what being a Muslim means. Just talking wont do the trick. People like to see proof, so show them.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ghazi
08-27-2006, 12:25 AM
:sl:

You know what it's our fault 7/7 happened and your probably thinking are you crazy, but lets see what happened directly after 7/7, So called muslim leaders condeming the acts rightly so but we need to ask what can cause someone to do such acts is it beacuse of evil, nope, them guys wern't bad they were misguided anyone can due something as tragic all you need is minipulation and motivation, is quiet evident just by switching on the news any muslim can see the suffering of muslims world-wide, combine this with a love and urge for martyrdom you've got the making of a mujahid but here's the problem 'Ilm'(Knowladge) this is what these guys lacked and what caused them to commit such a disguesting act, but what I have a problem is with shiek after shiek preeching how this is wrong and 100% against islam when the same shieks arn't educating people about Jihad(Qitaal), you'd think with such a conterversial issue which deals with voilence and death that people would be fully aware of the rules but sadly this isn't the case, I feel let down by the Ulama for numerous reasons it's funny how they condom OBL(osma bin laden) yet they have neglected jihad when it so evident theres a need for it, I say the ulama should open centers teaching people about jihad and training and form a army since even Bush said "Every Nation must defend it self" I ask isn't the ummah a nation?

Woodrow
08-27-2006, 01:04 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by HusamLah
i see alot of muslims defending terrorism as it is defined by the USA. the problem is the same people defending and justifying terrorism are the same ones griping about profiling. where is the logic?
As logical as people who put six spoons of sugar in their coffee then complain that it is too sweet.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
08-27-2006, 01:06 AM
As logical as people who put six spoons of sugar in their coffee then complain that it is too sweet.
LOL, thats bad logic :rollseyes what people need to fix is the root causes of so called terrorism and why it happens, no matter with whom.

Woodrow
08-27-2006, 01:23 AM
it is a problem that needs to be addressed by our community. until our own leaders and the majority of our people renounce terrorism directed toward the USA we need to accept profiling

i support people having beliefs opposite of mine. but those supporting terrorism directed toward the USA need to quit their complaining and accept racial discrimination and profiling as a result. its common sense
Very true. It is an established fact people will want to protect themselves from terrorists. People will want to remove would be terrorists from society. People who vocaly support terroristic act will be seen as potential terrorists. The most logical safety scenario is to keep a close eye on people who openly support terrorism. Result equals profiling. Logical result of supporting terrorism.

True it is discrimination, it is unfair and it is humiliating. But, the fact is, it was caused by some of our over anxious members who speak loudly in support of violence.

Our own actions and words can cause the very things we are trying to prevent. If we talk loudly, speak of the justice of terrorists and demand the over throw of the government. We will be seen as people who want to over throw the government and we will be treated as such.

Muezzin
08-27-2006, 09:43 PM
We need to remind people that Islam requires us to abide by the laws of the land we live in. The indiscriminate killing of fellow countrymen, who are civillians I might add, is a crime. Moreover, the killing of civillians is absolutely forbidden in Islam. We need to stress that even if Muslims suffer heinous crimes, we are not to sink such levels ourselves. Islam teaches justice and balance, as opposed to simply 'an eye for an eye'.

We do need to address what causes the frustration that drives certain people to commit terrorist attacks - and to do this adequately we also need to establish a good, friendly line of communication with the Government.

So many conflicts could be avoided if people just talked.

Hawa
08-28-2006, 04:49 PM
i see alot of muslims defending terrorism as it is defined by the USA. the problem is the same people defending and justifying terrorism are the same ones griping about profiling. where is the logic?

"Terrorism" as defined by the USA is very simple; innocent until proven muslim. Yes we care about profiling...but not as much as we care about the muslim lives under threat everyday, which is more important? Appeasing people who dont really care too much about you will get you nowhere...3000 people died in New York..how many lives have been destroyed in Afghanistan and Iraq ever since? The very people you wish to lull into a sense of security are not at risk from anyone other than their own governments..governments might I add that they support at the expense of muslims!
Its one thing to say "Islam is all about peace" its another to turn the other cheek.
If they wish to relish in ignorance so be it, Islam has nothing to do with terrorism and anyone who will stop to think outside the box for a minute will come to that conclusion, either way most Americans and Britons dont give a hoot...
just look at Iraq...there were no WMD's, no Usama in Iraq, it had nothing to do with 9/11 yet their troops are still there, still killing innocents. If anyone bothered to stop and ask themselves for a minute "why are we there" and sought action..terrorism would come to a halt.

glo
08-28-2006, 04:52 PM

Why not go as far as publicly comdemning terrorism? :?

Peace

Woodrow
08-28-2006, 05:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
Why not go as far as publicly comdemning terrorism? :?

Peace
That would be a good thing to do, but I think a person can still fight terrorism without needing to codemn any person. There is a difference between condeming a person and condeming his actions.

Some people feel that it is arrogant and judgemental to condemn any person, errors can be made. That was why I stated that they could still act without public condemnation of anybody.

wilberhum
08-28-2006, 06:36 PM
I think a person can still fight terrorism without needing to codemn any person. There is a difference between condeming a person and condeming his actions.
I could not disagree more. When I see terrorists being held up in great esteem, you have to name names. Some people call the murders, martyrs and talk about them with respect. As long as these criminals are glorified, they must be condemned, by name.

At least that is my conclusion.

Ghazi
08-28-2006, 06:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by wilberhum
I could not disagree more. When I see terrorists being held up in great esteem, you have to name names. Some people call the murders, martyrs and talk about them with respect. As long as these criminals are glorified, they must be condemned, by name.

At least that is my conclusion.

It's about prespective 7/7 was a terrorist attack, one mans terrorist is anothers freedom fighter.

wilberhum
08-28-2006, 06:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islam-truth

It's about prespective 7/7 was a terrorist attack, one mans terrorist is anothers freedom fighter.
What freedom did they obtain?
Kind of makes my point, doesn't it.

Ghazi
08-28-2006, 06:46 PM
What freedom did they obtain?
Kind of makes my point, doesn't it.

Wasn't refering to 7/7 ibut people such as Hamas and Hezbollah.

starfortress
08-28-2006, 07:08 PM
not much we could do to prevent it in physical form like fight against them using a military method,we should refurbish our government system,any kind of system that important to run a nations,like economy,politic,society,education,military etc.The problem are, most of Muslim country seems to confuse or blur with their own system, they must absorb only a good value/system from west and then mix it with Islamic system,the only system they pick very well from the west is entertaiment.there are many good value were provided by the west,the solid example are politic and educational,but both are still a major weakness in most of muslim country.

Ok this is the scenario.
when the president act more than a king the popstars vocal are more valuable than a cleric/Imam,the popculture spread widely.the rich became richer the poor became poorer.Government wealth only shared with family and crony.All the system must be match to the leader taste.then suddenly the country got involve in war, the ruler ask his countrymen to fight against the intruder with jihad(Islam way) in fact for along time there is no balancing between Islam and western value in his nation.anybody should know the result of thats scenario.

so when all the system is ok,then the nation should runnig by itself,the ruler only act as a guider,and the citizen will have a comfort sit for journey,but it need to balance with World and Afterworld.i think thats are my opinion.
Peace!

Woodrow
08-28-2006, 07:09 PM
Many of us are reluctant to openly condemn an individual by name publicaly. I can understand Wilberhums point and I do agree that it is a good way to show we honestly do condemn terrorism. However, I think it is important that for those of us who prefer not to condemn by name to know that it is still possible to condemn the actions and to not support terrorism through inaction.

wilberhum
08-28-2006, 07:28 PM
Many of us are reluctant to openly condemn an individual by name publicaly. I can understand Wilberhums point and I do agree that it is a good way to show we honestly do condemn terrorism. However, I think it is important that for those of us who prefer not to condemn by name to know that it is still possible to condemn the actions and to not support terrorism through inaction.
To make my point, I just saw:
Abu Musab Al Zarqawi. He was getting slaughtered in the press.

glo
08-28-2006, 08:23 PM
I agree with Wilberhum, that people who commit such terrible wrong should be openly condemned.

I wonder whether there is something about not wanting to be seen to divide the Ummah, that prevents Muslims from condemning such actions more strongly. :X

Personally I think it's a mistake.
It would increase the world's understanding of the true values of Islam, and be therefore in the interest of the Ummah, if Muslims (leaders and ordinary people) were publicly more critical about terrorist's actions.

peace.

Ghazi
08-28-2006, 08:26 PM
I agree with Wilberhum, that people who commit such terrible wrong should be openly condemned.

I wonder whether there is something about not wanting to be seen to divide the Ummah, that prevents Muslims from condemning such actions more strongly. :X

It would increase the world's understanding of the true values of Islam, and be therefore in the interest of the Ummah, if Muslims (leaders and ordinary people) were publicly more critical about terrorist's actions.

peace.

Muslims have Condemed such actions but the problem is the west doesn't agree with the ideology of Jihad and thus will say it's terrorism also so basicly the west has a problem with islamic belief.

glo
08-28-2006, 08:31 PM

Muslims have Condemed such actions but the problem is the west doesn't agree with the ideology of Jihad and thus will say it's terrorism also so basicly the west has a problem with islamic belief.
I'm not sure I understand your post.
My point was that Muslims should condemn actions of terrorists (such as suicide bombings and threats made to other societies) often and strongly - if they want the world to understand that Islam does not condone such actions!

peace.

wilberhum
08-28-2006, 08:36 PM

So you condone your "Freedom Fighters". So are 9/11 & 7/7 are all good things?

Hawa
08-28-2006, 08:59 PM

peace.

problem is who exactly do we condemn?
Usama? I dont believe he had anything to do with 9/11,
Zarqawi? he was fighting the US occupation of his homeland,
the young men in the UK? I simply refuse to believe that they were going to blow some planes out of the air! (come on..snakes on a plane would've been more realistic)
Why do people insist on Muslims condemning one another when they themselves refuse to condemn the real culprits? why?
Simply condemning their actions will not bring about peace...why dont we focus on the root of the problem?

wilberhum
08-28-2006, 09:04 PM
Usama? I dont believe he had anything to do with 9/11,
If you won't accept reality, then you are part of the problem. Just because something offends you, does not mean that it is faulse.

Hawa
08-28-2006, 09:18 PM
If you won't accept reality, then you are part of the problem. Just because something offends you, does not mean that it is faulse.

its doesnt offend me.. I dont know the man..sometimes I have a hard time believing he even exists!
I dont think he brought down the twin towers from his cave in Afghanistan, its a joke and for anyone to believe it is very saddening.

Woodrow
08-28-2006, 09:25 PM

peace.
This post is not in reference to any Islamic belief or from the Qur'an.

What Glo just said is essentialy correct. We do not feel that we have the right to condemn another person, We can condemn the actions, we can that so-and-so is doing something that we do not personaly feel is Islamic. But, we consider it to be a judgemental act to say that a person who claims to be Muslim is not Muslim.

For that reason some of us only want to publicaly condemn the action but not make any reference to the person. We will have no problem in confronting the person face on.

My self I would have no problem in stating that so and so did such and such.
I believe such and such is a very evil thing and there was no justification in it being done. But I personaly would not refer to the person as being evil nor would I say the person was not a Muslim. I can not judge who is evil or who is not a Muslim. I can only condemn the acts. By the same token I also feel the other side of the coin is true, we should not elevate or praise those that do acts we do not know are Good.

Ummu Amatullah
08-28-2006, 09:35 PM
What does ISLAM say about TERRORISM?

One of the distinctive characteristics of the times we live in is the overwhelming presence of violence in our societies.Whether it is a bomb going off in a market place, or the hijacking of an aircraft where innocent people are held at ransom to acheive political ends,we live in an age,where the manipulation and loss of innocent lives has become commonplace.

Such is the all-pervasive nature of indiscriminate violence,that "terrorism"is considered as one of the prime threats to peace and security in our societies.The word terrorism came into wide usage only a few decades ago.One of the unfortunate results of this new terminology is that it limits the definition of terrorism to that perpetrated by small groups or indivisuals.Terrorism,in fact,spans the entire world,and manifests itself in various forms.It's perpetrators do not fit any stereotype.Those who hold human lives cheap,and have the power to expend human lives,appear at different levels in our societies.The frustrasted employee who kills his collegues in cold-blood or the oppressed citizen of an occupied land who vents his anger by blowing up a school bus are terrorists who provoke our anger and revulsion.Ironically however,the politician who uses age-old ethnic animosities between peoples to consolidate his position,the head of state who orders "carpet bombing" of entire cities,the exalted councils that choke millions of citizens to death by weilding the insidious weapon of sanctions,are rarely punished for their crimes against humanity.

It is this narrow definition of terrorism that implicates only indivisuals and groups,that has caused Muslims to be associated with acts of destruction and terror,and as a result,to become victims of hate violence and terror themselves.Sometimes the religion of Islam is held responsible for the acts of a handful of Muslims,and often for the acts of non-Muslims!

Could it be possible that Islam,whose light ended the Dark Ages in Europe,now propound the advent of an age of terror?Could a faith that has over 1.2 billion followers the world over,and over 7 million in America,actually advocate the killing and maiming of innocent people?Could Islam,whose name itself stands for "peace" and "submission to God",encourgae its adherents to work for death and destruction?

For too long,have we relied on popular images in the media and in hollywood films for answers to these pertinent questions?It is now time to look at the source of Islam,its history to determine whether Islam does indeed advocate violence.

The Sanctity of Human life

The Glorious Quran says: "....take not life,which God hath made sacred,except by way of justice and law:thus dith He commands you,that ye may learn wisdom" [Al-Quran 6:151]

Islam considers all life forms as sacred.However,the sanctity of human life is accorded a special place.The first and foremost right of a human being is the right to live.The Glorious Quran says: "...if any one slew a person - unless it be for the murder or for spreading mischief in the land - it would be as if he slew the whole people:and of anyone saved a life,it would be as if he saved the life of the whole people." [Al-Quran 5:32]

Such is the value of a single human life,that the Quran equates the taking of human life unjustly,with killing all of humanity.Thus,the Quran prohibits homicide in clear terms.The taking of a criminal's life by the state in order to administer justice is required to uphold the rule of law,and the peace and security of the society.Only a proper and competent court can decide whether an indivisual has forfeited his right to life by disregarding the right to life and peace of other human beings.

The Ethics of War

Even in a state of war,Islam enjoins that one deals with the enemy nobly on the battlefield.Islam has drawn a clear line of distinction between the combatants and the non-combatants of the enemy country,As far as the non-combatant population is concerned such as the women,children,the old and the infirm,etc...,the instructions of the Prophet are as follows:"Do not kill any old person,any child,or any women", "Do not kill the monks in monasteries" or "Do not kill the people who're sitting in places of worship".During a war,the Prophet saw the corpse of a women lying on the ground and observed:"She was not fighting.How then did she come to be killed?"Thus,non-combatants are guaranteed security of life even if their state is at war with an Islamic state.

Jihad

While Islam in general is misunderstood in the western world,perhaps no other Islamic term evokes such strong reactions as the word "Jihad".The term "Jihad" has been abused,to conjure up bizarre images of violent Muslims,forcing people to submit at the point of the sword.This myth was perpetuated throughout the centuries of mistrust during and after the Crusades.Unfortunately,it survives to this day.

The word Jihad comes from the root word jahada,which means to struggle.Therefore,Jihad is literally an act of struggling.The Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) said that the greatests Jihad is to struggle against the insidious suggestions of one's own soul.Thus,Jihad primarily refers to the inner struggle of being a person of virtue and submission to God in all aspects of life.

Secondly,Jihad refers to the struggle against injustice.Islam,like many other religions,allows for armed self-defense,or retribution against tyranny,exploitation,and oppression.The Glorious Quran says:

"And why should ye not fight in the cause of God and those of who,being weak,are ill-treated(and oppressed)? - Men,women,and children,whose cry is:"Our Lord! Rescue us from this town,whose people are oppressors;and raise for us from thee one who will protect(us);and raise for us from thee one who will help(us)!" [Al-Quran 4:75]

Thus,Islam enjoins upon it's beleivers to strive utmost,in purifying themselves,as well as in establishing peace and justice in the society.A muslim can never be at rest when she sees injustice and oppression around her.As Martin Luther King Jr. said, "We will have to repent in this generation not to merely for the hateful words and actions of the bad people but for the appalling silence of the good people."

Islam enjoins upon all Muslims to work actively to maintain the balance in which God created everything.However,regardless of how legitimate the cause may be,the Glorious Quran never condones the killing of innocent people.Terrorizing the civilian population can never be termed as Jihad and can never be reconciled with the teachings of Islam.

History of Tolerance

Even Westen scholars have repudiated the myth of Muslims coercing others to convert.The great historian De Lacy O'Leary wrote:

"History makes it clear,however,that the legend of fanatical Muslims,sweeping through the world and forcing Islam at the point of the sword upon conquered races is one of the most fantastically absurd myths that historians have ever repeated."

Muslims ruled Spain for roughly 800 years.During this time,and up until they were finally forced out,the non-Muslims there were alive and flourishing.Additionally,Christian and Jewish minorities have survived in the Muslim lands of the ,iddle East for centuries.Countries such as Egypt,Morocco,Palestine,Lebanon,Syria,and Jordon all have significant Christian and/or Jewish populations.

This is not surprising to a Muslim,for his faith prohibits him from forcing others to see his point of view.The Glorious Quran says:

"Let there be no compulsion in religion:Truth stands out clear from Error:whoever rejects evil and believes in God hath grasped the most trustworthy hand-hold,that never breaks.And God heareth and knoweth all things." [Al-Quran 2:256]

Islam - The Great Unifier

Far from being a militant dogma,Islam is a way of life that transcends race and ethnicity.The Glorious Quran repeatedly reminds us of our common origin:

"O Mankind!We created you from a single (pair) of a male and a female,and made you into nations and tribes,that ye may know each other (not that ye may despise (each other).Verily the most hounoured of you in the sight of God is (he who is)the most righteous of you.And God has full knowledge and is well acquainted (with all things)." [Al-Quran 49:13]

Thus,it is the universality of it's teachings that makes Islam the fastest growing religion in the world.In a world full of conflicts and deep schisms between human beings,a world that is threatened with terrorism,perpetrated by indivisuals and states,Islam is a beacon of light that offers hope for the future.

This writing was taken from the pamphlet," What does ISLAM say about Terrorism"

wilberhum
08-28-2006, 09:53 PM
I find it odd that there are countless condemnations, by name, for those that have committed atrocities, but only if they are not Muslim.

If they are Muslim, then there is praise or silence.

Well “odd” really doesn’t describe what I find. But it is the one I will use.

Woodrow
08-28-2006, 10:01 PM
I find it odd that there are countless condemnations, by name, for those that have committed atrocities, but only if they are not Muslim.

If they are Muslim, then there is praise or silence.

Well “odd” really doesn’t describe what I find. But it is the one I will use.
Could be that as a rule those that are not Muslim are not Muslim and we would not be making the error of calling a Muslim, Non-Muslim

I can understand that you will not consider that fair or just. But, most Muslims will not run the risk of Accidently calling a Muslim a non-Muslim.

wilberhum
08-28-2006, 10:04 PM
Could be that as a rule those that are not Muslim are not Muslim and we would not be making the error of calling a Muslim, Non-Muslim

I can understand that you will not consider that fair or just. But, most Muslims will not run the risk of Accidently calling a Muslim a non-Muslim.
I never suggested calling a Muslim a non-Muslim.

I suggest calling a terrorist a terrorist.

Abdul Fattah
08-28-2006, 10:10 PM
There have been countless condemnations of terrorism, protest rallys, essays, fatwas, you name it.

Problem is spotlight fallacy. This doesn't sell as good in the news as some guys celebrating a terrorist attack. So the few praises are focused on, while the millions of condemnations are neglected.

Woodrow
08-28-2006, 10:12 PM
I should have added that we should not fear stating that an action is not tolerated and we should condemn the actions more then we do. We can do so without implying we believe the person is not a Muslim.

Woodrow
08-28-2006, 10:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by steve
There have been countless condemnations of terrorism, protest rallys, essays, fatwas, you name it.

Problem is spotlight fallacy. This doesn't sell as good in the news as some guys celebrating a terrorist attack. So the few praises are focused on, while the millions of condemnations are neglected.
Adding to what Steve said there are many condemnations made by Muslims world wide that never are mentioned in the world's media or just gets a back page reference.

It is not what the world seems to want to hear. Even with google searches the pages with the most hits and pushed up past all the ones that are about Muslims commiting terroristic acts.

The information is out there, but it gets buried fast as more people tend to look for what a Muslim does as bad, not good.

Woodrow
08-28-2006, 10:30 PM
a few examples that did not make the 6 o clock news:

U.K.: British Muslims Condemn London Terrorist Attacks But Fear Intimidation
By Jan Jun

British Muslims have been condemning the terrorist attacks that took place in London yesterday. They say that the perpetrators cannot be regarded as proper Muslims, because they do not hold human life as sacred. At the same time they are expressing fears that because the byword for the attackers has been “Muslim Terrorists,” they may become a target of suspicion or even intimidation by some non-Muslim extremists. Some are worried, but others believe that British people already understand the difference between mindless terrorists and ordinary Muslims.

London, 8 July 2005 (RFE/RL) -- Yesterday in south London, Muslims at one of the city’s largest and most recently built mosques gathered for a funeral of one of the old members of the community.
Yet, because the gathering was just a few hours after the terrorist bombings in central London, there were two armed policemen at the gate -- just in case there might be an attempt at a hatred-motivated attack on the mosque.

Mansoor Shah is a community leader and vice president of the Ahmadiyya Muslim Association in the U.K. He tells RFE/RL he is very angry with whoever is behind the terrorist blasts.

“There is absolutely no space for people like this in the Muslim world. These people are not Muslims, you know. People like the Muslim Council of Britain should condemn these sorts of acts, and take these people out of Islam. Such people have absolutely no space in Islam whatsoever,” Shah said.

Shah’s indignation at the attackers reflects statements by many of Britain’s Muslim organisations.

Link: http://www.rferl.org/featuresarticle...B1D2C9CFB.html

Muslim Americans Condemn Attack
9/11/2001 - Political Social Religious - Article Ref: AM0109-335
Number of comments: 26
By: American Muslim Leaders
American Muslim Leaders* -

In the Name of Allah, the Compassionate, the Merciful

Dr. Yahia Abdur-Rahman, from the Islamic Shurah Council of Southern California (ISCSC), offers Supplication For The Victims

Dr. Maher Hathout, from the the Muslim Public Affairs Council (MPAC) and The Islamic Center of Southern California (ICSC), condemns the attack and issues a statement. Click here to listen

Dr. Ahmad Sakr, from the Islamic Education Center (IEC), offers his condolences to the families of the victims and condemns the attack. Click here to listen

Dr. Muzammil Siddiqi, former president of the Islamic Society of North America (ISNA), condemns the attack. Click here to listen

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE - 9/11/01

U.S. MUSLIMS CONDEMN TERRORIST ATTACKS

(WASHINGTON, DC - 9/11/2001) - The American Muslim Political Coordination Council (AMPCC), today condemned the apparent terrorist attacks in New York and Washington and offered condolences to the families of those who were killed or injured.

LINK: http://www.islamicity.com/articles/A...ref=AM0109-335

There are many more but they get buried.

Md Mashud
08-28-2006, 10:42 PM
Why Are You Saying Muslims Have To Defend Vs Muslims? Muslims Are Not Terrorists - The Media Shows It As This - They Are Freedom Fighters You Retard - Yes Badmannered But Hey This Is 99354395th Post Badmouthing The Islamic World Just Because All Of You Are Too Lazy To Read Actual Facts But Take In Useless Crap You See On Tv And Generalise This.

Its People Like You - Why Mazed Disabled His Account.

Ghazi
08-28-2006, 10:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Md Mashud
Why Are You Saying Muslims Have To Defend Vs Muslims? Muslims Are Not Terrorists - The Media Shows It As This - They Are Freedom Fighters You Retard - Yes Badmannered But Hey This Is 99354395th Post Badmouthing The Islamic World Just Because All Of You Are Too Lazy To Read Actual Facts But Take In Useless Crap You See On Tv And Generalise This.

Huh? And btw why did Mazed disable his account he was a decent brother.

Md Mashud
08-28-2006, 11:01 PM
Because of ignorant posters, like this which make Islam look bad - That Islam needs to be controlled for its "TERRIBLE" "TERRORISM" ACTS.

p.s. Mazed wishes to see you in Jihad one day.

Zulkiflim
08-29-2006, 01:40 AM
it is a problem that needs to be addressed by our community. until our own leaders and the majority of our people renounce terrorism directed toward the USA we need to accept profiling

i support people having beliefs opposite of mine. but those supporting terrorism directed toward the USA need to quit their complaining and accept racial discrimination and profiling as a result. its common sense

Salaam,

I see,may i ask,what if the US are the one whom are directing terrorism towards US?

The US gave WMD to Saddam,kept quite while Saddam murdered Iraqis,then when saddam chaged the petrodollar into EURO...the attack began.

I think the problem with you is that you ahve already accepted blame for the act in the world.you forget the truth you rahter beleive the propaganda.

I hope you stop watching FOX news...

Zulkiflim
08-29-2006, 01:46 AM

Salaam,

the pot calling the kettle black..

As for Sep 11,the US are hiding all fact s on that day,they reprssed information and will not make ore investigations..

check this out..

http://www.reopen911.org/

I am very sure you mock the muslim who doubt the evidence,who speak about Isrelais Mossad agents who run around and jumping for joy seeing the tower burning..

Of cours you would dismiss those casue you are already predisposed to hate Islam and muslim..thus any Ill linked to Islam you accept..

[PIE]Five Isrealis Jailed, Grilled
By FBI For 'Puzzling
Behavior' After WTC

By Yossi Melman
Ha'aretz - Isreal
9-17-1

Five Israelis who had worked for a moving company based in New Jersey are being held in U.S. prisons for what the Federal Bureau of Investigation has described as "puzzling behavior" following the terror attack on the World Trade Center in New York last Tuesday. The five are expected to be deported sometime soon.

The families of the five, who asked that their names not be released, said that their sons had been questioned by the FBI for hours on end, had been kept in solitary confinement for three days, and had been humiliated, stripped of their clothes and blindfolded.

The mother of one of the young men explained the chain of events as she understands it to Ha'aretz:

She said that the five had worked for the company, which is owned by an Israeli, for between two months and two years. They had been arrested some four hours after the attack on the Twin Towers while filming the smoking skyline from the roof of their company's building, she said. It appears that they were spotted by one of the neighbors who called the police and the FBI.

The mother said that the families and friends of the five in Israel had known nothing of the men's whereabouts for a number of days.

"When they finally let my son make a phone call for the first time to a friend in the United States two days ago, he told him that he had been tortured by the FBI in a basement," the mother said. "He was stripped to his underwear; he was blindfolded and questioned for 14 hours. They thought that because he has citizenship of a European country as well as of Israel that he was working for the Mossad [Israel's secret service]."

Seven FBI agents later stormed the apartment of one of the Israelis, searched it and questioned his roommate. The Israeli owner of the company, who has U.S. citizenship, was also questioned. Both men were subsequently released.

The families here complained that the Israeli consulate in New York and the situation room set up by the Foreign Ministry there to locate missing Israelis had done nothing to help their sons. The Foreign Ministry told the families that the FBI had denied holding the five and that the consulate had chosen to believe the FBI, the mother said.

The five were transferred out of the FBI's facility on Saturday morning and are now being held in two prisons in New Jersey by the Immigration and Naturalization Services. They are charged with illegally residing in the United States and working there without permits.

The Foreign Ministry said in response that it had been informed by the consulate in New York that the FBI had arrested the five for "puzzling behavior." They are said to have had been caught videotaping the disaster and shouting in what was interpreted as cries of joy and mockery.[/PIE]

I am very sure you would not want to know why they are so gleeful..casue as i said you already made up your mind..

Zulkiflim
08-29-2006, 01:52 AM
So you condone your "Freedom Fighters". So are 9/11 & 7/7 are all good things?

Salaam,

Are any aggresion a good thing?

Is the US and Britain silence allowing the Isrealis to use WMD on lebanon and Palestinian a good thing?

Is a biased foreign policy based on ethnic an religion a good thing?

Like i said before,what is happenign now are repurcussion against the western powers actions.

They ask,why does the Iraqis hate the US..
For supplying WMD to Saddam and keepign quite while saddam murdered his own Poeple..

They ask why do the Iranina hate the US..

For disposing of their ldemocratically elected goverment and installing a dictator so that the oil flow free ,while keeping silent otwards the shah ill treatment on his people....then deposed by a popular revolution who saw that the US are the harbringer of destruction on them.

They ask why do the Somalis hate the US.
Why for destroyng their countrya nd supporting thei many differnt warlords and arming them with WMD....

So is is simple..why does these repurcussion happen..and why do they happen..

We know they happen but why,,,the west turn blind...

Zulkiflim
08-29-2006, 02:01 AM
I never suggested calling a Muslim a non-Muslim.

I suggest calling a terrorist a terrorist.
Salaam,

I do hope so,,

People who incite terror and kept quite while bombs falls on civillian childrens and kids and baies.
Who say they must be allowed to continue to get to the root of the problem..

I think we must use that analogy to the same extnt,Iran and Syria shouls together go to the full extent and liberate Arabia from all hostile forces..the US and Israel..If that cant be done they should go to the full extent of their objectives,to do as Isreal does,destroy infrastructure and murder as many Isrealis and US soldeirs in Saudi Arabia and Iraq..

I am sure if that were to be done,ulike the Lebanon/Isreal war,where Isreal were bombing mass murder on Lebanese,,,it is the victim ,the lebanese whom are called terroist....while the Isrealis are defender..

So what do you think,if Iran attack Isreal and US forces in Saudi and Iraq,,would they be called defenders of terrorist f...in your eyes?

Skillganon
09-03-2006, 01:09 AM
Very true. It is an established fact people will want to protect themselves from terrorists. People will want to remove would be terrorists from society. People who vocaly support terroristic act will be seen as potential terrorists. The most logical safety scenario is to keep a close eye on people who openly support terrorism. Result equals profiling. Logical result of supporting terrorism.

True it is discrimination, it is unfair and it is humiliating. But, the fact is, it was caused by some of our over anxious members who speak loudly in support of violence.

Our own actions and words can cause the very things we are trying to prevent. If we talk loudly, speak of the justice of terrorists and demand the over throw of the government. We will be seen as people who want to over throw the government and we will be treated as such.
That involves our goverment and president(primeminister) they are not above the Law. State terrorism is the root cause of it, but people don't wan't to see, or believe their country (goverment) are guilty of supporting or paticpating in those act they so to speak condemns.

Goverment should not be above the Law, but don't worry we can veto it.

Skillganon
09-03-2006, 01:12 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Md Mashud

You have a point brother, read "Manufacturing Consent by Noam Choamsky", however brother I know you meant it well, but it would of been better to do it in a more civil manner.

ManchesterFolk
09-03-2006, 01:26 AM
Why not just accept that there are Muslims who are terrorists just like there are Christians who are terrorists, and hindus who r terrorists ect...

The Christian world will always condemn someone acting 'in the name of christ' yet Muslims refuse to condemn there fellow Muslims. That is what your faults are.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
09-03-2006, 01:43 AM
Your wrong in saying Muslims dont condemn terrorism. Your ignorant for thinking that way. Why dont u tell the so called media to show the Muslims who r condemning or open ur blind heart and find out all those who do.

xlisax
09-03-2006, 04:17 AM
The difference is you don't see Christians going around killing people daily in the name of Jesus, Christianity is about peace, where Islam is about forcing people to convert or killing them.

Ansar Al-'Adl
09-03-2006, 05:05 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by xlisax
where Islam is about forcing people to convert or killing them.
It is one thing to be ignorant of Islam. It is another thing altogether when you flaunt ignorance and adorn it with anti-islamic drivel and blatant hate-mongering. Do yourself a favor and educate yourself about the basics of Islam. Did you even bother to read the responses to your previous bigoted comments on this forum?
http://www.islamicboard.com/462696-post57.html
http://www.islamicboard.com/462680-post27.html

Aside from re-posting what I have already provided on Islam's condemnation of violence and its call for mercy, peace and compassion, there is little else to say to someone who neither reads nor listens but simply repeats age-old myths. One's refusal for dialogue tends to make their stay on a public forum short-lived.

Anyway, here are some of the teachings of the Prophet Muhammad pbuh in his own words:
Mercy
The Prophet said: 'Show mercy to those on earth so that He who is in heaven will have mercy on you.' (Sunan At-Tirmidhî)

Gentleness
The Prophet said: 'Whoever is deprived of gentleness is deprived of all good.' (Sahîh Muslim)

Forgiveness
The Prophet said: 'Whoever suffers an injury done to him and forgives (the person responsible), Allah will raise his status to a higher degree and remove one of his sins.' (Sunan At-Tirmidhî)

Virtue
The Prophet said: 'Do not be people without minds of your own, saying that if others treat you well you will treat them well, and that if they do wrong you will do wrong. Instead, accustom yourselves to do good if people do good and not to do wrong if they do evil.' (Sunan At-Tirmidhî)

Justice
The Prophet said: 'The most virtuous jihâd is when one speaks a word of truth before an unjust ruler.' (Sunan Abî Dawûd, Sunan At-Tirmidhî, Sunan Ibn Mâjah)

Civility
The Prophet said: 'The Muslim does not slander, curse, speak obscenely, or speak rudely.' (Sunan At-Tirmidhî)

Honesty
The Prophet said: 'Honesty leads to righteousness and righteousness leads to Paradise. A man remains honest and concerned about honesty until he is recorded as an honest man with Allah. Lying leads to sinfulness and sinfulness leads to the Fire. A man keeps lying and remains partial to lies until he is recorded as a liar with Allah.' (Sahîh Bukharî, Sahîh Muslim)

Tolerance
Once the Prophet was seated at some place in Madinah, along with his Companions. During this time a funeral procession passed by. On seeing this, the Prophet stood up. One of his companions remarked that the funeral was that of a Jew. The Prophet replied, “Was he not a human being?” (Sahîh Bukhârî, Sahîh Muslim, Sunan An-Nasâ'î)

A disbelieving Bedouin urinated in the mosque, and the people rushed to beat him. Allah's Apostle ordered them to leave him alone, let him finish and pour water over the place where he has passed urine. The Prophet then explained to the Bedouin calmly, "This is a place of worship, in it is the worship of God and the reading of Qur'an." After the Bedouin had left, the Prophet then said to his companions, " You have been sent to make things easy (for the people) and you have not been sent to make things difficult for them." (Sahîh Bukhârî, Sahîh Muslim)

Equality
The Prophet said: 'There is no superiority for an Arab over a non-Arab, nor for a non-Arab over an Arab, nor for a fair-skinned person over a person with dark skin, nor for a dark-skinned person over a person with fair skin. Whoever is more pious and God-fearing is more deserving of honour.' (Musnad Ahmad)
This is what Islam teaches and this is what Muslims are commanded to follow.

Regards

glo
09-03-2006, 08:24 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by xlisax
The difference is you don't see Christians going around killing people daily in the name of Jesus, Christianity is about peace, where Islam is about forcing people to convert or killing them.
In fairness, you don't have to look back far in history to come across many atrocities committed in the name of Christ! :cry:
The Crusades, the Inquisition, most recently Northern Ireland, to name just a few ...

Sorry, sister, but it's wrong to ignore or deny the fact that some Christians - despite the wonderful message of peace and love that Christ brought - fall painfully short of the teachings of their Saviour! :(

I think the answer is not to compare one group with another, or to get into a we-are-better-than-you debate.
If we all search our own hearts and strive to live for God as best we can, rather than criticise others, the world should be a better place. :)
How can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? (Matthew 7:4)

Peace and welcome! :)

Dawud_uk
09-03-2006, 10:15 AM
what can we muslims do to police the muslim world against terrorism so the rest of the world doesnt have to?

assalaamu alaykum,

i dont condemn mujahadeen, i condemn the agressors who fight and try to impose themselves and their ways on muslims.

sometimes some of the mujahadeen can do things which are considered out of order by the vast majority of the muslims but generally i think they are doing a good job and may Allah hasten their victory and bring more people to supporting them, ameen!

assalaamu alaykum,
Daw'ud

Skillganon
09-04-2006, 07:17 PM
In fairness, you don't have to look back far in history to come across many atrocities committed in the name of Christ! :cry:
The Crusades, the Inquisition, most recently Northern Ireland, to name just a few ...
Now days, they are doing under the Guile of "WMD", "Fighting Terrorism", "Bringing Democracy" e.t.c. :cry:
(It Just got more sophisticated with colourful words)

To me it is lot of "Bush Crap" :(

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
09-04-2006, 09:21 PM
I dont think they show it all. Ive seen videos that u never see on the news.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.