September 1-4, 2006

Theme: Achieving Balance In Faith, Family and Community

To be held at:

Donald E. Stephens Convention Center
5555 N. River Road
Rosemont, IL 60018

Events Include

* Bazaar with 500 Booths
* Main Sessions & Break out Sessions (ISNA, MSA, MYNA)
* Islamic Entertainment Program
* Meet the Author Program

* Community Service Recognition Luncheon (CSRL)
* Matrimonial Banquet
* Babysitting Services
* Children's Program

Due to hearing much 'junk' about isna conventions, i haven't attended them in the past 5 years but after much persuation and pressure i might be attending this one...heard it's gonna be a gem

see you there!!:D

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ibn Abi Ahmed
09-01-2006, 06:50 AM
:sl:
Young Muslims (YM) and MAS Youth Chicago Present:
Imam Suhaib Webb

"The Five Distinguishing Characteristics of a Muslim"
What Makes YOU Different? Gives YOU Purpose? What Qualities Will Allow US to Succeed as Servants of Allah?"

WHEN:
ISNA Weekend - Saturday Night, September 2nd, 2006
1:00 AM - Fajr (Tahajjud Included - Saturday Night going into Sunday Morning)

WHERE:
Right across the street from the ISNA Convention at the DoubleTree Hotel- Signature Room II
Accommodations for will be made for Brothers AND Sisters

Description:

"Scholars of Islam have recognized five important characteristics which distinguish the Muslim personality. MAS Youth and Young Muslims invites you to spend a night in deep discussion and appreciation for the important qualities. By understanding them, implementing them and perfecting them, Muslims will truly be able to reach the noble path of moderation, balance and compassion that is needed in today's world."

:w:

Ibn Abi Ahmed
09-01-2006, 02:12 PM

Bump^ :coolious:

syedanoor
09-03-2006, 09:40 PM
salaam

did you go to the convention ahmed bro? what was your favorite lecture?

i went yesterday and it was AWESUM i haven't been for such a long time! but sadly enough i only got to attend 4 lectures:

1. Journey of Worship (which was supposed to be about the history of Abu Bakr as-Sidiq(RA)
2. State of the Campus: Defining our Roles, Achieving our Goals
3. Finding MySpace (it was my favorite one!! and the speaker was my old tajwid teacher:D)
4. Achieving Balance in Faith, Family and community. (hehe hamza yusuf dozed off in this one)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Kittygyal
09-03-2006, 09:42 PM
salam.

aww i wish i was in chicago NOW!!! :cry:

w.salam

syedanoor
09-04-2006, 04:18 AM
salaam

aww anytime you do decide to pay the windy city a visit. do call me! my humble abode will always be at your offer ;)

walaikum assalaam

Ibn Abi Ahmed
09-04-2006, 04:19 AM

I went to one Yasir Qadhi one and a few Suhaib Webb ones. Im missing the one tonight tho :( Ive been at the Young Muslims (YM) booth (1809) most of the time.

north_malaysian
09-04-2006, 04:21 AM
It's good to see muslim minorities able to organize themselves!!!! :)

syedanoor
09-04-2006, 04:22 AM
salaam

well the yasir qadhi ones that i went to were the campus and journey to worship ones. were there anymore by him?you worked at the msa booth or myna? it's soo awesome you're a volunteer! i wanna be one next yr inshaAllah!

yeah i missed friday (classes hehe), today and gonna miss tommrw too. gotta stay home and get scrubbin' house only gets cleaned once a week ya know :D

which one was your favorite?

walaikum assalaam

Ibn Abi Ahmed
09-04-2006, 05:17 AM

Im with the Young Muslims. I only had chance to go to one Yasir Qadhi one, and that was the one that was supposed to be about Umar ibn Khattab r.a. but it was changed to "Take advantage of 5 things before 5" and it was a really good reminder. Alhamdullilah I was able to hang out with him for a while.

The Suhaib Webb event last night at the Double Tree Hotel, (of which I am positive you got a flyer) was awesome. He spoke about the "5 Distinguishing Characteristics of a Muslim". When it finished at like around 3 30 am, me and my cousin were able to take him and hang out with him for like an hour and a half, just one on one talks. It was awesome Alhamullilah. There is one going on right now but I was too tired to go :(
He has so many ijaazahs, its unbelievable Mashallah.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.