/* */

PDA

View Full Version : any mirpuri's here??????

aFsana
08-27-2006, 09:17 PM
salaam

im tryin to find more people that speak mirpuri~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cry:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Sahabiyaat
08-27-2006, 09:18 PM
meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

i'm mirpuri :D

i think ^o)

um say something....

Muezzin
08-27-2006, 09:21 PM
For a minute there, I misread that word as potpourri.

Sahabiyaat
08-27-2006, 09:23 PM
yep
were all potpourri's here
fragrant and dried out :happy:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Mujahidah4Allah
08-27-2006, 09:23 PM
lolllzzzz rofflll :w00t: hmm i'm sure i saw sum ova mirpuri thread ^o)

ma'salamah

Mujahidah4Allah
08-27-2006, 09:24 PM
http://www.islamicboard.com/misc-lan...ngo-boloh.html oh btw tis closed...

aFsana
08-27-2006, 09:28 PM
allah palla karray thusana~ i've found sum people! lol, plz, tell me u guyz undastood wha i wrote!

Mujahidah4Allah
08-27-2006, 09:29 PM
ermm nope i understood Allah and ermm yeh thats it :D

ma'salamah

aFsana
08-27-2006, 09:31 PM
lolz, it means thank you. but do u noe any mirpuri??????? write somthing.

Mujahidah4Allah
08-27-2006, 09:32 PM
lolzz i cant even write urdu sis im bengali :p

anyways dont wanna gate crash i'll come in wen i understand something :D

ma'salamah

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
08-27-2006, 09:37 PM
Aslaamalaikum

yeah there are loads of Mirpuri/Pathwari hidden in the midst of LI but once they start to chat they get threads closed LOL

Gupp'a shooro karneh tha phir baas ni karneh.

Lucky they dont offer tea here otherwise all of dadyal and the rest of the Mirpuri/Pathwari nation would be here.

Sahabiyaat
08-28-2006, 08:32 PM
oooi
kidah (thats punjabi??)

mare soneyo phen parao
miki tusa ne teek taak samaj achni pay ah

:D yay!

Sahabiyaat
08-28-2006, 08:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by DaNgErOuS MiNdS
Gupp'a shooro karneh tha phir baas ni karneh..

lol thats us mirpuris!

Lucky they dont offer tea here otherwise all of dadyal and the rest of the Mirpuri/Pathwari nation would be here.
:D eh? kus akeyah ita chaa nee milnee ....one chaa cumin up!

Kittygyal
08-28-2006, 08:44 PM
salam.
oh lord above another lingo HELP
w.salam

aFsana
08-28-2006, 10:18 PM
lol, its tru. mirpuri people are non-stop. buh itz tru as well, we have da most fun, LOLZ

Sahabiyaat
08-31-2006, 05:53 PM
:? i'm not mirpuri actually...patwahri to be precise.

Kittygyal
08-31-2006, 05:54 PM
salam.
now whats the differnt between "Patwahri" && mir puri?
w.salam

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
08-31-2006, 08:44 PM
Just that Mirpuris are from Kashmir and Pathwaris are from Pakistan and they have a slight diffrence in the dialect.

Numaan
10-01-2006, 08:47 PM
I am a mirpuri

Hijaabi22
10-01-2006, 08:49 PM
Gupp'a shooro karneh tha phir baas ni karneh.
hahahahhahaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!! so true man! 1 fyn-speakin mirpuri here! noooooooooot lol, I can barely say ''hello my name is ....,lol but yup me mirpuri :D

Hijaabi22
10-01-2006, 08:50 PM
Just that Mirpuris are from Kashmir and Pathwaris are from Pakistan and they have a slight diffrence in the dialect.
ok so that make sme pathwari...EH???wat the....me paki speaks punjabi...mirpuri pathwari, I DUNNO

Ummah
10-01-2006, 09:34 PM
Asalaamualaikum

inshAllah im marrying a mirpuri soon and i need help!! i dont understand a word of it really..

(im pure urdu speaking) *confuzzled*

Numaan
10-02-2006, 06:27 PM
im mirpuri

Hijaabi22
11-07-2006, 09:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ummah
Asalaamualaikum

inshAllah im marrying a mirpuri soon and i need help!! i dont understand a word of it really..

(im pure urdu speaking) *confuzzled*
lol i used 2 think urdu n mirpuri n punjabi in general were not that much different but they soooooooo are!! I sumtyms dont understand wat urdu speakers are sayin n its sooooooo embarssin cos they jus liek expect u 2 know n i aint gta clue! so gud luk lol!

chacha_jalebi
11-07-2006, 10:05 PM
ahh good old mirpuri :p

its a tongue twistin lingo innit :D

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
11-07-2006, 11:50 PM
ahooo, saaay gaal bai yehh.

I was wondering how do you say the following words in Mirpuri/Pathwari:

1. Nationality
2. Husband

aFsana
11-16-2006, 01:02 AM
ahooo, saaay gaal bai yehh.

I was wondering how do you say the following words in Mirpuri/Pathwari:

1. Nationality
2. Husband

w0w, thats s0 sad. im mirpuri and u got me confused on that. i gess nationality wud be.............umm.........hold on............sumthin like...........w0w, i gess im not a certified mirpuri imsad

sum 1....... help us.

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
11-16-2006, 12:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aFsana
w0w, thats s0 sad. im mirpuri and u got me confused on that. i gess nationality wud be.............umm.........hold on............sumthin like...........w0w, i gess im not a certified mirpuri imsad

sum 1....... help us.
Lol trust me there are loads of words I know in English that I not sure how to say n Mirpuri..you might know this but i'll ask anyway, how do you say:

1. backbitting (not kundi ki chaak marnah ;D ) is it kundi neh pitch'a galaa banaa? but isn't there a shorter word for it?

2. stressed
There are loads that I have trouble with and I normally just end up saying them in English lol...i'll post the other ones when I remember them.

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
11-16-2006, 12:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by -----------
lol i used 2 think urdu n mirpuri n punjabi in general were not that much different but they soooooooo are!! I sumtyms dont understand wat urdu speakers are sayin n its sooooooo embarssin cos they jus liek expect u 2 know n i aint gta clue! so gud luk lol!

LOLLL that's true, I went Pakistan and only around my area people spoke mirpuri everywhere else (main cities) it was pure urdu...and the only reply i was giving was ''hanji hanji''

Snowflake
11-16-2006, 12:34 PM
1. backbitting (not kundi ki chaak marnah ) is it kundi neh pitch'a galaa banaa? but isn't there a shorter word for it?
backbiting=ghibbat ....... mein mirpuri na per miki tussan ni sari boli achni aa. :D

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
11-16-2006, 12:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimah_Sis
backbiting=ghibbat ....... mein mirpuri na per miki tussan ni sari boli achni aa. :D

'Ghibbat' ? never heard of it. if you kow that then you must amongst the advanced aunties :D .

Snowflake
11-16-2006, 12:43 PM
^LOL... remember amongst them not one of them!!

They backbite then say... tauba astaghfaar, kusse ni ghibbat ni karni chai ni... per marre us maare naal boon buri kiti... lolhahahaha ;D

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
11-16-2006, 12:55 PM
^LOL... remember amongst them not one of them!!

They backbite then say... tauba astaghfaar, kusse ni ghibbat ni karni chai ni... per marre us maare naal boon buri kiti... lolhahahaha ;D
Yeah sit with the aunty circles and I will learn all my mirpuri as I see you have lol..

lol at marreh

aFsana
11-16-2006, 09:31 PM
being mirpuri has their advantages. ill be cursin and no one<even my paki friends> wud noe wat im sayin.have u guyz noticed that mirpuri curses are muchhh different from punjabi ones? :giggling: like, their nastier?> lolz

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
11-17-2006, 09:36 PM
being mirpuri has their advantages. ill be cursin and no one<even my paki friends> wud noe wat im sayin.have u guyz noticed that mirpuri curses are muchhh different from punjabi ones? :giggling: like, their nastier?> lolz
Cursing??astagfirallah...tut tut tut.

Hijaabi22
11-17-2006, 11:00 PM
Lol trust me there are loads of words I know in English that I not sure how to say n Mirpuri..you might know this but i'll ask anyway, how do you say:

1. backbitting (not kundi ki chaak marnah ;D ) is it kundi neh pitch'a galaa banaa? but isn't there a shorter word for it?

2. stressed
There are loads that I have trouble with and I normally just end up saying them in English lol...i'll post the other ones when I remember them.
lol dont u guys do the whole half english half punjabi lingo?? dats wat me do lol, only most of da tym i end up speakin around 75% english n 25% punjabi lol

Hijaabi22
11-17-2006, 11:00 PM
i dnt understand wats the difference between mirpuri n punjabi???? :?

man punjabi curses are the worst, not heard mirpuri ones, teach me sum lol am messin

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
11-17-2006, 11:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by -----------
i dnt understand wats the difference between mirpuri n punjabi???? :?

man punjabi curses are the worst, not heard mirpuri ones, teach me sum lol am messin

Punjabi is what you here sikhs speak I think in mirpuri we say thusa they say thando or something...yeah it gets confusing that why im going to stop right here.

Helena
11-17-2006, 11:15 PM
this is weird question..

but were are mirpuri from? is it similar to hindi of urdu?

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
11-17-2006, 11:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by HAJI_HELENA
this is weird question..

but were are mirpuri from? is it similar to hindi of urdu?

Mirpuris are from places like Kashmir (Mirpur, dadyal etc) and across the Bridge in Pakistan in places like Rawala Pindi, Gujar khan (call themselves pathwaris but speak same language as mirpuri) there are places called smote, bevel, kallar that I know of from there..

Helena
11-17-2006, 11:34 PM
right......i wasnt aware of this at all.....soo many languages around the world.....

erm is it similar to urdu?

say something in mirpuri......let me see if i can understand it....if u dnt mind...

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
11-17-2006, 11:37 PM
Thusa teek yo?? = Are you ok??

Helena
11-17-2006, 11:38 PM
LOL...are u listening to me....i was guess...not fair.....

say something else?

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
11-17-2006, 11:41 PM
ohhh oooops

Maaafi baaaji galthiii hoyy gaay.

- Qatada -
11-17-2006, 11:43 PM
:salamext:

Bro dangerous! lol i talk punjabi and i'm na sikh lol :p thusi/a teek oh? (how are u)

Helena
11-17-2006, 11:43 PM
ohhh oooops

Maaafi baaaji galthiii hoyy gaay.
dse it mean i apologise sister i've made a mistake?

is this correct?

nxt sentence plz?

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
11-17-2006, 11:48 PM
dse it mean i apologise sister i've made a mistake?

is this correct?

nxt sentence plz?
yeah, ohh ok your I think your at a more adavnce level lol.

meh naaak punsuu. (intermediate level)

Helena
11-17-2006, 11:51 PM
yeah, ohh ok your I think your at a more adavnce level lol.

meh naaak punsuu. (intermediate level)
me advance level...if only.....thats the first time am actualy translating this....

meh...means me?

naaak...can only think nose?

punsuu....dnt knw.....

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
11-17-2006, 11:58 PM
me advance level...if only.....thats the first time am actualy translating this....

meh...means me?

naaak...can only think nose?

punsuu....dnt knw.....
if I said punsuu it means 'im going to break your nose' (not really but you know for the sentance's sake)

Hopefully Muslimah_sis can explain it better, she's more advance in this language but the best way to learn it is stay amongst the mirpuri/pathwaree soeaking people because it dont have exact guidelines or text to follow like urdu, english, arabic.

Helena
11-18-2006, 12:00 AM
okay......i get you...

am i quick learner?..how wud u rate it...

last sentence plz.......

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
11-18-2006, 12:07 AM
you mean your understanding?? i'd say you picking up the words well but it's quite diffrent when it is spoke..You must speak urdu? or heard people speak this language?

'asaa kerruneh thaa jaasa'

Helena
11-18-2006, 12:11 AM
you mean your understanding?? i'd say you picking up the words well but it's quite diffrent when it is spoke..You must speak urdu? or heard people speak this language?

'asaa kerruneh thaa jaasa'
LOL...am not a urdu speaker...but i can understand it/ speak well...alhamdulilah...even with hindi.....

this language never heard of it...wallahi.....first time round.....

u got me there...lol......it is hard....

dse asaa mean okay?

jasaa..something like u?.......

thaa...urs....

dunno....

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
11-18-2006, 12:16 AM
LOL...am not a urdu speaker...but i can understand it/ speak well...alhamdulilah...even with hindi.....

this language never heard of it...wallahi.....first time round.....

u got me there...lol......it is hard....

dse asaa mean okay?

jasaa..something like u?.......

thaa...urs....

dunno....
Wrong! *puts big cross against answer*

'asaa kerruneh thaa jaasa' = 'We're going to play'

Helena
11-18-2006, 12:21 AM
ohhh...it sounded completed diff......

anymore sentence?......

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
11-18-2006, 12:25 AM
LOL ok last ones, I was giving you a hint by saying Muslimah sis would help you joke.

1. 'Miki kaandi vich daard vah'

2. 'miki neenther aaii vee'

3. 'Meh kaal sawelaa utsaa'

4. 'Maree ummi mikki chaand marsee'

Helena
11-18-2006, 12:30 AM
LOL ok last ones, I was giving you a hint by saying Muslimah sis would help you joke.
ohhhh..........well i had to bother someone.....

wots miki?.......u've or somebodies got pain somewhere....

i think that means...am feeling sleepy?

i'll give you questions 2moro/ or give the answers for this question 2moro
is it my mother.....chaand is moon.....

marsee sounds bengali..meaning i'll hit ya...

Snowflake
11-18-2006, 12:56 AM
Punjabi is what you here sikhs speak I think in mirpuri we say thusa they say thando or something...yeah it gets confusing that why im going to stop right here.
^LOL :grumbling I speak punjabi. And you know I'm not a sikh!

Hopefully Muslimah_sis can explain it better, she's more advance in this language but the best way to learn it is stay amongst the mirpuri
You can say that again! But tis true the best way to learn is by hangin around with mirpuris... especially seeing how dangerous bro is teaching here looooooolzzzzzzzz rofl..;D

'asaa kerruneh thaa jaasa' = 'We're going to play'
lol if it hadn't been translated, even I wouldn't have sussed that.

The problem is that sumtimes written words sound totally different to when they're spoken. So even though the word is pronounced as somethin like 'kerruneh' it would actually be written as khedne - with the D barely audible, sounding more like an R.

khed= punjabi/mirpuri
khel= urdu

assan khedne te jaasan=we will go to play

Letters on the end that I have underlined are pronounced as almost silent. So assan, tussan, jaasan and khaasan sound like the end of the french word Croissant.

Actually it's very hard to learn without hearing the words. If you can't/don't hang out with mirpuris then I'm sure there are plenty of mirpuri radio stations that would be useful.

My advice... learn Urdu instead :D

Miss Muslimah :muslimah:

Sunni Student
11-18-2006, 01:07 AM
Thusa teek yo?? = Are you ok??
Aa Mai Teek a thu sana

Mai ve Mirpuri aa

Actualy most poeple that are from near mirpur say Chackswari or Dadyal say they are from mirpur when they are not realy.

Oh and jus to say in English

I AM MIRPURI

Sunni Student
11-18-2006, 01:13 AM

1 = I got pain in my back

2 = I am feeling sleepy

3 = I am going to wake up in the Morning

4 = My mum will slap me

Here is some funny mirpuri words compared to the standerd Urdu:

Kawab for Kabab
Mava for Mamu/Mama
Taap for Roti some do call it roti
Patheela for Saucepan

;D

Sunni Student
11-18-2006, 01:15 AM

My advice... learn Urdu instead :D

Miss Muslimah :muslimah:
Nah I'll stick to Mirpuri its much more Unique!

chacha_jalebi
11-18-2006, 01:18 AM
mirpuri is like a weirdy version of panjabi :D:D:D

Snowflake
11-18-2006, 12:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sunni Student
Nah I'll stick to Mirpuri its much more Unique!
So is Zulu! lol :giggling:

I recommend Urdu because it's the national language of Pakistan and also as far as I know mirpuri isn't a written language. Even mirpuris study and write in urdu. :D

Btw, where's my lil bro Dangerous. I see he hasn't got me back for my joke yet. :evilgrin:

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
11-18-2006, 05:36 PM
Haji Helena - You are quite a quick learner, hang aaround we will show how comlicated this langauge is lol...Mirpuri/pathwaree

Baaji MS - LOL you criticising my Mirpurian??:( lol but your right learn urdu, it is much better. I was in a Hurry when i was writting that Punjabi bit what I meant to write was the majority of them do but it doesn't count out all the others.

Urdu sounds so nice and respectful I have to say it is a really nice language to learn. ( I knew I shouldn't have skipped all those urdu classes when I was younger)

Sunni Student - Aurr paaai jiii, teeek yo??haaaari maaari, huuusssh haaash?

The thing I love about Mirpuri is how everything is rhymed together LOLLLL

Sunni Student
11-18-2006, 06:17 PM
Sunni Student - Aurr paaai jiii, teeek yo??haaaari maaari, huuusssh haaash?
bas pain jiii Allah na shukar a's guzara auna peya,

Haari Maari hush haash na mathlab miki koni samaj achni, thu miki ba is na mathlab ka va

Mirpuri Zindabad

Na i do think its very good to know urdu cuz its the National language and there are so many Amazing Islamic Books in Urdu like those of Imam Ahmad Riza Khan!

Sunni Student
11-18-2006, 06:19 PM
So is Zulu! lol :giggling:

I recommend Urdu because it's the national language of Pakistan and also as far as I know mirpuri isn't a written language. Even mirpuris study and write in urdu. :D

Btw, where's my lil bro Dangerous. I see he hasn't got me back for my joke yet. :evilgrin:
Ok ok good point i giv in Urdu is better than Mirpuri in some ways! oh well imsad

Helena
11-18-2006, 08:56 PM
[QUOTE]
Haji Helena - You are quite a quick learner, hang aaround we will show how comlicated this langauge is lol...Mirpuri/pathwaree

well am trying to stick with it......i'll never be able to speak the language....i will be able to understand it...thats all......

its is hard..must admit.....

but teach moi the basics inshalah... lets start wid words only for diff items inshalah.....

wots pathwaree?

huh...ur trying to get rid of me...that quick....its not my fault my teacher aint that good....

Snowflake
11-19-2006, 03:15 AM
DaNgErOuS MiNdS;565939]
Baaji MS - LOL you criticising my Mirpurian??:( lol but your right learn urdu, it is much better. I was in a Hurry when i was writting that Punjabi bit what I meant to write was the majority of them do but it doesn't count out all the others.
lol aww maara nikka bro.. mikki dar lagna si peya kutthe tukki maara joke na manda laggeya hosi.. shukker ae tukki haasa achi geya :) ni te mein delete kari charsaan? :?

Urdu sounds so nice and respectful I have to say it is a really nice language to learn. ( I knew I shouldn't have skipped all those urdu classes when I was younger)
Urdu is beautiful. How much did you learn when you did attend classes?

------
11-19-2006, 02:33 PM
:sl:

Mein mirpuri vi boaldi haan te urdu vi. Tussi ki karde pe ho?

:w:

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
11-19-2006, 02:42 PM
Sunni Student - Haari maari is when someone asking if everything is fine, hussshh haaash means you happy n dat lol

Haji Helena - OK basic items are:

- Grapes = Anngoor
- apple = Seep
- Dog(s) = kuthaa - kuthehh (plural)
- Cat(s) = Billi - biilliyaa (plural)
- leg(s) = Laath - Laathaa (pural) or jaang and jaangaa
- Car(s) = Gaadi - Gaadiya
- Hat(s) = toopi - toopiya
- hOuse = Ghaarr

Pathware and Mirpuri are more or less the same just few diffrences in some words and the people are from diffrent locations.

MS - Naaaa baaaji miki pathaa vah thusa mazaakha karneh yo lol..In Urdu I learnt:

Alif - Anaar
Beh - Bakari
Theh - thuhthii
kheeh - khurghoosth

thats about it lol

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
11-19-2006, 02:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Pr1nc3ss

achooow achooow, koy chaa paani hoy jaaa? ithaa asaaa mirpuri sihaaaneh ya.

Sunni Student
11-19-2006, 02:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Pr1nc3ss

Is the above supposed to mirpuri? if so it aint!

We dont say Boaldi rather we say Baulni [Female] and Baulna [Male]

We dont say Haan we say Aaa

Not Te we say Tha

Not Tussi we say Tussa

Not Ki but Ka

Not Karde but Karnai

Yep u got Pe and Ho Right!

It should have been!

Mein Mirpuri vi Baulni aa tha urdu vi, Tussa ka karnai pe ho!

Yours is more Punjabi!

;D

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
11-19-2006, 02:50 PM
Is the above supposed to mirpuri is so it aint!

We dont say Boaldi rather we say Baulni [Female] and Baulna [Male]

We dont say Haan we say Aaa

Not Te we say Tha

Not Tussi we say Tussa

Not Ki but Ka

Not Karde but Karnai

Yep u got Pe and Ho Right!

It should have been!

Mein Mirpuri vi Baulni aa tha urdu vi, Tussa ka karnai pe ho!

Yours is more Punjabi!

;D

Yeah thats true lol....85% punjabi 15% mirpuri

Sunni Student
11-19-2006, 02:52 PM

- Car(s) = Its more like Gaddi and Gaddiya
- Hat(s) = Taupi and Taupiyya
- hOuse = Kaar

Are you actualy from Mirpur because places near mirpur differ slightley, but if your from the actual city like me thats the way they are said!

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
11-19-2006, 03:09 PM
No im not actually from mirpur but what you said thats how we say it aswell, just my spelling lol

Helena
11-19-2006, 09:41 PM
jazaks for the basic item in mirpuri....

erm is it possible to provide it again in mirpuri but i'll guess inshalah?.....

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
11-20-2006, 12:49 AM
ok

1. haath
2. nak
3. paar
4. saraana
5. kumbaal
6. angul

Helena
11-20-2006, 11:58 AM
ok

1. haath
2. nak
3. paar
4. saraana
5. kumbaal
6. angul

shukran......:D

1. hand
2.nose
3.tree/mountain?
4.to reject?
5.blanket?
6.fingers

- Qatada -
11-20-2006, 02:13 PM

Isn't saraana - cushion?

Helena
11-20-2006, 02:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fi_Sabilillah

Isn't saraana - cushion?
erm is it?...am jus guessing....jus learning a new language....

- Qatada -
11-20-2006, 02:18 PM
i think the word saranaa is cushion in punjabi.. and because bro dangerous said saranaa next to the word kumbal (which is a kind of blanket) i thought he meant that.. Allaahu a'lam.

Helena
11-20-2006, 02:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fi_Sabilillah
i think the word saranaa is cushion in punjabi.. and because bro dangerous said saranaa next to the word kumbal (which is a kind of blanket) i thought he meant that.. Allaahu a'lam.

woah didnt think lik that bro.....dangerous mind made it that easy for moi.....

how do say dangerous mind in mirpuri?

- Qatada -
11-20-2006, 02:24 PM

erm, pagal means krazy.. khatar naak (dangerous) damaak (mind)

i think its that.. Allaahu a'lam.

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
11-20-2006, 04:13 PM
shukran......:D

1. hand
2.nose
3.tree/mountain?
4.to reject?
5.blanket?
6.fingers
Yeah thats good which language do you speak.

4. pillow or cushion
5. finger

lol @ khather'naak dimaak (maybe would have used that if i didnt know english)

Helena
11-20-2006, 06:08 PM
[QUOTE]
Yeah thats good which language do you speak.
soo kather'naak dimaak ur chosen name....do u mind?.....was that a question or a statement...

erm well......i speak...take a couple of guess inshAllah?....

anymore words in mirpuri inshAllah?.........

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
11-20-2006, 08:17 PM
kather'naak Dimaak or dangerous minds :D

Urdu, Punjabi or pushtoon???

more words:

1.Maalta
2. angoot
3. baal
4. kahala
5. gaaaneh
6. daard
7. daari
8. moka
8. gaarii
9. dost
10. chaak

Sunni Student
11-20-2006, 08:27 PM
A few More:

1. Barra
2. Nikka [clue oppsite of 1 and is not Nikah as in Marrage]
3. Swaila
4. Raathi
5. Baar
6. Andhar
7. Appar
8. Thallai
9. Sarai
10. Kalla

Helena
11-20-2006, 08:50 PM
kather'naak Dimaak or dangerous minds :D
will choose kather'naak dimak...jazaks for the choice

Urdu, Punjabi or pushtoon???
LOL..never heard of pushtoon before....nope.....neither am hindi speaker...jus know this langauge thru learning urdu or hindi....

guess one more time inshallah?

more words:
jazaks..seems difficult now....will try thou...
1.Maalta
:confused: ...

2. angoot
ring?

baal
erm hair?

4. kahala
:confused:
5. gaaaneh
ds it mean thick? or jewelery?
6. daard
pain?

7. daari
sounds like beard un my language/or is it near?

8. moka
8. gaarii
sounds car in my langauge but is it watch?

9. dost
friend?
10. chaak

Helena
11-20-2006, 08:54 PM
[QUOTE]
[B]A few More:
shukran sunni student...darn this is way way hard...but will never give up...

1. Barra
is it big?

2. Nikka [clue oppsite of 1 and is not Nikah as in Marrage]
engagement?

3. Swaila

4. Raathi
5. Baar
outside?

6. Andhar
inside?

7. Appar
is tht upstairs?

8. Thallai
am jus guessing downstairs?

9. Sarai
10. Kalla
erm black?

how did i do?

Sunni Student
11-20-2006, 09:43 PM
1. Barra = Big
2. Nikka = lol i meant opposite to no1 and not engagement which is Small
3. Swaila = Morning
4. Raathi = Night
5. Baar = Outside
6. Andhar = Inside
7. Appar = Upstairs
8. Thallai = Downstairs
9. Sarai = Every one
10. Kalla = Alone

Some of thes words are realy hard to get because of the way they have to be spelt in english like 'kalla' [Alone] its easy to mix up with 'Kaala' [Black]

So keeping that in mind i think 5/10 is good!

Helena
11-20-2006, 09:54 PM
alhamdulilah 5/10 aint that bad....average i guess...

anymore simple tests inshAllah.....sunni student....:happy:

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
11-20-2006, 10:34 PM
1.Maalta - orange (fruit)
2. angoot - thumb
3. baal - Hair
4. kahala - black
5. gaaaneh - songs
6. daard - pain
7. daari - be
8. moka - punch
8. gaarii - watch
9. dost - friend
10. chaak - bite

H4RUN
11-20-2006, 10:37 PM
:D kebaaab:D

Helena
11-20-2006, 10:39 PM
1.Maalta - orange (fruit)
2. angoot - thumb
3. baal - Hair
4. kahala - black
5. gaaaneh - songs
6. daard - pain
7. daari - be
8. moka - punch
8. gaarii - watch
9. dost - friend
10. chaak - bite
ohhhh...didnt do that well...i failed kather'naak dimak....:(

anymore basic words inshAllah...:shade: :shade: ....

i speak the language and it starts with b _ _ g _ _ _;D

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
11-20-2006, 10:53 PM
LOL you got to work hard it aint easy to speak mipurian.

You speak Bengaali??

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
11-20-2006, 10:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by H4RUN
:D kebaaab:D
ayee hows it goin man, just selling my trait here...;) lol...how r ya rodders?

Helena
11-20-2006, 10:56 PM
yeah....am bengali..alhamdulilah........

okie dokie...no more teaching?...:muddlehea ^o) ....:( ...

how do u say bengali in mirpuri language?

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
11-20-2006, 11:03 PM
I do know some words but i think they mostly swears that my bengali mate told me in the young days....heres one

kithae?

we say bengali for male, and bengaalan for female.

No im M----m

more words:

1. pagaal
2. rowna
3. nitch
4. baraash
5. surdee
6. marchaa
7. taapaa
8. kaam
9. paijaan, paaaya, papaa
10. nukharaa

Sunni Student
11-20-2006, 11:12 PM
alhamdulilah 5/10 aint that bad....average i guess...

anymore simple tests inshAllah.....sunni student....:happy:
Lol thats Sunni Teacher to u ;D

1) Kinnu
2) Jaasa
3) Udhar
4) Idhar
5) Mari
6) Usni
7) Isni
8) Assani

Some sentences:

1) Mara Na bu changa va
2) Miki threa lagiya
3) thu kudhar gay sai?
4) idhar aach tha mikki kana dhai
5) marai vastha ik tap banaydhai

Quite hard!

Helena
11-21-2006, 10:21 AM
I do know some words but i think they mostly swears that my bengali mate told me in the young days....heres one

kithae?

we say bengali for male, and bengaalan for female.

No im M----m

more words:

1. pagaal
2. rowna
3. nitch
4. baraash
5. surdee
6. marchaa
7. taapaa
8. kaam
9. paijaan, paaaya, papaa
10. nukharaa
ur bengali friend taught you swear words....ya Allah......thats wot der good at...

kithae......dse that mean kita as it wot? or kutta as in dog?......am curious to find out...

M_ _ _ _ M........:confused: .......dse it have a,b,c,d,e,f,g,h,i,j,k,l,m,n,o,p,q,r,s,t,u,v,w,x,y, z????????????

1) is crazy/insane?
2)is that to cry?
3)nitch..erm is da a swearing word or it means below?
4)baraash?
5)surdee?
6)marchaa?
7)tapaa?
8)work?
9)father/brother?
10)job/worker?

Helena
11-21-2006, 10:32 AM
Lol thats Sunni Teacher to u ;D

1) Kinnu
2) Jaasa
3) Udhar
4) Idhar
5) Mari
6) Usni
7) Isni
8) Assani

Some sentences:

1) Mara Na bu changa va
2) Miki threa lagiya
3) thu kudhar gay sai?
4) idhar aach tha mikki kana dhai
5) marai vastha ik tap banaydhai

Quite hard!
okie dokie SUNNI TEACHER STUDENT?......:D

1)KINNU=BUT
2)JASSA=because?
3)udhar=that way? could be west?
4)idhar=this way? east?...def giving directions out
5)mari=mine?
6)usni=yours?
7) isni=theirs?
8)assani=everybodies? or sounds like relieved?

woah sentences as well sunni teacher......am jus learning da basic and stuff....but will try inshAllah....dse seem hard...

1) Mara Na bu changa va=?????
2) Miki threa lagiya=this is for you?
3) thu kudhar gay sai?= where did you go?
4) idhar aach tha mikki kana dhai=come here and i'll give you food?
5) marai vastha ik tap banaydhai=for me, make me something?

how did i do? sunni teacher......:(

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
11-21-2006, 11:16 AM
ur bengali friend taught you swear words....ya Allah......thats wot der good at...

kithae......dse that mean kita as it wot? or kutta as in dog?......am curious to find out...

M_ _ _ _ M........:confused: .......dse it have a,b,c,d,e,f,g,h,i,j,k,l,m,n,o,p,q,r,s,t,u,v,w,x,y, z????????????

1) is crazy/insane?
2)is that to cry?
3)nitch..erm is da a swearing word or it means below?
4)baraash?
5)surdee?
6)marchaa?
7)tapaa?
8)work?
9)father/brother?
10)job/worker?
M_ _ _ _ M ...has an 'I' innit lol

I thought kithae means 'how are you' in benghali :s

1. pagaal - crazy/insane
2. rowna - crying
3. nitch - sneeze
4. baraash - rain
5. surdee - cold
6. marchaa - chilli
7. taapaa - chappatis
8. kaam - work
9. paijaan, paaaya, papaa - 'brother' but some people say 'papa' fdor 'dad'
10. nukharaa - show-off

Helena
11-21-2006, 11:20 AM
i have'''provided u da whole alphabet......confused...

in bengali...how are u means....kita korrai?...

i did pretty well...this time round...am pleased.....

H4RUN
11-23-2006, 01:35 PM
ayee hows it goin man, just selling my trait here...;) lol...how r ya rodders?
:p kebaaaba ni khushbu achni eh? ;D aah good ol' boycie;D

Hijaabi22
11-23-2006, 09:27 PM
paaaaaaaagalllllllllllll ^^^^^^^

lol ma dad lurvvsssssssssss only fools n horses lol

HARUN dat banger of Urs compare it to myn :shade:

aFsana
11-23-2006, 10:01 PM
all my friends tell me i shud quit on mirpuri and start on urdu.

mikki ni patha, mai mirpuri bolsa.

i mean, i cud always learn urdu...... right?

4 anyone that wants to learn mirpuri, the best way is to just hang out wit sum mirpuri people. u cant tell them apart from the other paki's, buh just wait till they get mad. all the mirpuri will cum cursin out of em.

:okay: uhsa booo galiya thairai ya

(yupp yupp)

Sunni Student
11-24-2006, 12:40 AM
1)KINNU= lol i forgot how to say this word in english its a fruit a bit like an orange

2)JASSA= Going i guess it shud have been Jaasa
3)udhar= there
4)idhar= here
5)mari=mine
6)usni= his/hers
7) isni= his/hers
8)assani= ours

woah sentences as well sunni teacher......am jus learning da basic and stuff....but will try inshAllah....dse seem hard...

1) Mara Na bu changa va=????? My name is bery good
2) Miki threa lagiya= I'm feeling thirsty
3) thu kudhar gay sai?= where did you go
4) idhar aach tha mikki kana dhai=come here and give me food
5) marai vastha ik tap banaydhai= make me one chapati

that was too hard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i got confusued with some of the spellings my self when i was typing the answers!
^o)

([/QUOTE]

aFsana
11-24-2006, 11:58 PM
has any1 heard of the place "kalgur"?????

lol, am i even spelling that right???

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
11-25-2006, 12:07 AM
sounds familiar, is it in Pakistan or Kashmir?

aFsana
11-28-2006, 03:03 AM
its in azad kashmir. its not around mirpur, its a small village/town. ...... yep, thats all i noe. where r u guys from?

Helena
12-15-2006, 11:25 PM
okie...where did da two teacher disappeared to...

am stil waiting for newer wrds in mirpuri....but basics yeah...so i can translate...inshAllah.....:)

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
12-15-2006, 11:50 PM
Aslaamlalikum r u bro haji H? how come you changed your name and how come your gender says 'sister'

ok back on topic

1. chal, ach
2. khala
3. kala
4. chitta
5. pardah

Helena
12-16-2006, 12:00 AM
Aslaamlalikum r u bro haji H? how come you changed your name and how come your gender says 'sister'

ok back on topic

1. chal, ach
2. khala
3. kala
4. chitta
5. pardah
LOL...u caught me...my secrets out to the world.....nooooo..........

i am bro haji......bro zako changed it...see his been missing for the last couple of months.....

traveller...sounds good...i guess.....

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
12-16-2006, 12:01 AM
Thought it would be you not many people intrested in learning mirpuri...

and the sig kind of gives it away lol

Helena
12-16-2006, 12:04 AM
Thought it would be you not many people intrested in learning mirpuri...

and the sig kind of gives it away lol
LOL...nxt time it will all be changed.....will be hard to find.....

H4RUN
12-16-2006, 01:42 PM
LOL! Dangerous Dave....am i right in thinking you're confused now?;D
ps. anyone want 2 hear a rap in mirpuri????
well you aint gettin' 1 here:p

Helena
12-16-2006, 09:32 PM
LOL! Dangerous Dave....am i right in thinking you're confused now?;D
ps. anyone want 2 hear a rap in mirpuri????
well you aint gettin' 1 here:p
come on....mirpuri rap should be interesting...never heard one before.....

unless u dnt know any....:rollseyes

Helena
12-16-2006, 09:34 PM
1. chal, ach/ dse chal mean lets go? or come?

2. khala/ dat ounds bengali...meaning aunt?

3. kala...dse that mean the colour black or aunt?

4. chitta....not to sure....

5. pardah....to cover

H4RUN
12-16-2006, 09:42 PM
erm wat about...a vun a tu a vun tu tree :D
im sorry but my mirpuri is just not upto scratch lol mari/mery mirpuri nex level eh:p

Helena
12-16-2006, 09:44 PM
erm wat about...a vun a tu a vun tu tree :D
im sorry but my mirpuri is just not upto scratch lol mari/mery mirpuri nex level eh:p
LOL.....

can u translate the words of rap plz?......am just a learner in mirpuri...

aur kathernak dimaak teacher has disappeared.....

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
12-16-2006, 10:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by traveler
1. chal, ach/ dse chal mean lets go? or come?

2. khala/ dat ounds bengali...meaning aunt?

3. kala...dse that mean the colour black or aunt?

4. chitta....not to sure....

5. pardah....to cover
1. correct

2. correct

3. black

4. white

5. yeah to cover.

Helena
12-16-2006, 10:58 PM
yay...got 4/5....

anymore inshAllah....

H4RUN
12-16-2006, 11:12 PM
can i give some Q's?
a) kebaaaab
b)tomatar [:p]
c)alooo
d)roti:D

Helena
12-16-2006, 11:23 PM
can i give some Q's?
a) kebaaaab
b)tomatar [:p]
c)alooo
d)roti:D
yeah me dnt mind at all....but dnt stop....carry on wid it inshAllah...

a) kebab
b)tomatoes
c)potatoes
d) roti.......cant say it in eng.....but u knw wt i mean...

Kittygyal
12-16-2006, 11:24 PM
yeah me dnt mind at all....but dnt stop....carry on wid it inshAllah...

a) kebab
b)tomatoes
c)potatoes
d) roti.......cant say it in eng.....but u knw wt i mean...
Assalmualikum.
d) Dough, Chappati, Flour :X
Ma'assalama

Helena
12-16-2006, 11:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kittygyal
Assalmualikum.
d) Dough, Chappati, Flour :X
Ma'assalama
yeaps...thats it sis...

guess nobodies online to correct it.......:uhwhat

Kittygyal
12-16-2006, 11:30 PM
yeaps...thats it sis...

guess nobodies online to correct it.......:uhwhat
Assalmualikum,
Freshi :giggling: :p am online hun it's okay Grany :p
Ma'assalama

Helena
12-16-2006, 11:31 PM
Assalmualikum,
Freshi :giggling: :p am online hun it's okay Grany :p
Ma'assalama
huh?....whose freshi...whose grany......

can u speak mirpuri?

Kittygyal
12-16-2006, 11:34 PM
huh?....whose freshi...whose grany......

can u speak mirpuri?
Assalmualikum,
isn't thy same Ukthi i used to be in Granny crew humm never mind all good inshallah:uhwhat
L3'ah me don't know that lingo Only ENGLISH && Arabic (learning in 3limah course)
Ma'asslama

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
12-16-2006, 11:45 PM
Yeah. here some more for my student lol

Abit tougher.

1. poook
2. lak
3. dard
4. dowrr
5. na'ak

not sure if the spellings got the right prenounciation on them.

chacha_jalebi
12-16-2006, 11:48 PM
pook? are you saying pooh:p

lak = erm sides like my lak is hurtin :p

dard = pain

dowr = runnin?

na ak? :p lol are sum mirpuri words different from panjabi?

cos i fort they jus added on thins like iii :p to the end of words, like in panjabi we say me mera or tera, n in mirpuri they say tarrii or marrii :D

Helena
12-16-2006, 11:48 PM
1. poook, sounds like pork....dse it mean insects?
2. lak,......sounds luck but is it.....one million?
3. dard...pain?
4. dowrr ,......is it to run?
5. na'ak,.....sounds like nose?

it dse seem tough......will try thou.....

dnt mark it too hard teacher.....:rollseyes

chacha_jalebi
12-16-2006, 11:50 PM
ohh lol na'ak :p thats urdu in panjabi its jus nakh :D

Helena
12-16-2006, 11:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by chacha_jalebi
ohh lol na'ak :p thats urdu in panjabi its jus nakh :D
so is it nose?

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
12-16-2006, 11:54 PM
answers

1. hungry
2. lower back,
3. pain
4. run
5. nose

results:

3/5 for traveler

3/5 for chacha_jelebi

class resumes tommorrow.

chacha_jalebi
12-16-2006, 11:55 PM
^^ yesh it ish :D

now its my turn but erm dis is panjabi :p :D

1 - chit

2 - banera

3 - gawandiyan :D

lol they like propa propa panjabi :p sho it might be harddy :D if you get it rite :p il rep u for a week :p lol naa lol hopefuly ya can :D

Helena
12-16-2006, 11:56 PM
3/5...pretty okay......

if only poook...p was replaced wid b...i wudve known...lol

okay tomorrow inshallah.....:)

Helena
12-16-2006, 11:59 PM

1 - chit

2 - banera

lol they like propa propa panjabi :p sho it might be harddy :D if you get it rite :p il rep u for a week :p lol naa lol hopefuly ya can :D
wish i cud get one week rep....

but hardly know punjabi.....

is chit like jeet as in winning?...

banera...to make?:?

gawandiyan.....:? :? :?

chacha_jalebi
12-17-2006, 12:08 AM
:p naa sista lol but reps 4 tryin :D :D:D:D :p

Helena
12-17-2006, 12:10 AM
:p naa sista lol but reps 4 tryin :D :D:D:D :p
LOL...got none rite...oh wel i guess punjabis too hrd for me...i'll stick wid mirpuri....

shukran for the rep.....

H4RUN
12-17-2006, 11:53 AM

1 - chit

2 - banera

yo yo yo :p
1- errr reciept/hurt
2- im saying bandana cos it sounds like it:D
3- neighbours:D:D gwaaaandiyan da....:playing:

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
12-17-2006, 02:20 PM
we call neighbours - gamaaandi and reciept - receeet lol. I didnt get the 'bandena' one :/

- Qatada -
12-17-2006, 03:46 PM

o yeh, sister dont get confused when ppl throw their lyrix in. like they might say somthin like:

mei chalaya.

kithei?

gym shym.

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
12-17-2006, 07:11 PM
LOL thats true mirpuri/ pathawari people tend to put alot of rhymes with the words shurds.

Helena
12-17-2006, 07:53 PM
erm........surely we have a lesson to carry on wid?

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
12-17-2006, 08:49 PM
erm........surely we have a lesson to carry on wid?
lol sorry ;D

ok...

1. Imthiyaaan -

2. Kapreh -

3. Paaandeh

4. laaakri

5. mardth

6. Awrath

7. seb

8. boota

9. goodi

10. paani

11. daand

12. daanda

13. alu

14. ghaaara

15. chila/ galwadth

chacha_jalebi
12-17-2006, 09:17 PM
now now now :p harun tried it :p he was rong :p

only gawandiyan was rite :D well done chappy :D :p

chit = heart

banera = balcony :p :D:D:D

now now ^^^^

1 - imtihaan = test
2 - kapreh = clothes
3 - paandeh = plates
4 - larki = girl
5 - mard = man
6 - aurat = woman
7 - seb = apple
8 - boota = plant
9. goodi = guddi? = kite
10. paani = water
11. daand = tooth/teeth
12. daanda = stick
13. alu = potato
14. ghaaara = ghaara? erm ..... :p :D:D:D
15. chila/ galwadth = erm chilla :p

most of these are urdu words :p not mirpuri

Helena
12-17-2006, 09:41 PM
1. Imthiyaaan - test

2. Kapreh - clothes

3. Paaandeh-sounds like pandit meaning priest?

4. laaakri-wood

5. mardth-men

6. Awrath-women

7. seb-apple

8. boota-budda..old?

9. goodi-ugly?

10. paani-water

11. daand-erm cold?

12. daanda-stick

13. alu-potatoes

14. ghaaara-house?

15. chila/ galwadth-fault?

well chacha jalebi beat moi to it.....did nt copy him.....

H4RUN
12-17-2006, 09:53 PM
milak shaykhh;D...i'l give u the answer:p milkshake:D [freshy teritory ahem]
a-gadi
b-chooza :D
c-malta
d-ghosht
e-kudr
f-vaiigan ;D ok ok i'll give u that aswel..wagon:D hardly mirpuri lol

Helena
12-17-2006, 09:55 PM
a-gadi
b-chooza :D
c-malta
d-ghosht
e-kudr
:? :? ...explain this?....are we suppose to translate it...is it one of ur raps...:hiding:

H4RUN
12-17-2006, 09:58 PM
lol the word rap wouldnt exist if it wasnt 4 mirpuri/urdu/punjabi, they have rhymes 4 EVERYTHING ;D...anyway.erm just translate 'em lol it's not a rap:D

Helena
12-17-2006, 10:00 PM
a-gadi......car?
b-chooza......choice?
c-malta.....:?
d-ghosht...meat?
e-kudr....cant figure it out....

erm...ur wrds are way hard.....

H4RUN
12-17-2006, 10:03 PM
a-car-CHECK!
b-CHICKEN-...
c-orange...
d-meat-CHECK!
e-where...maybe i should have wrote kuthr/kuther instead:)
f-lets not go there:D
i think you know more than me:D

Helena
12-17-2006, 10:06 PM
LOL...wish i knew more then u:hiding: ....but i guess i dnt....

anymore small test from ya?...

got two rite.....:uuh:

H4RUN
12-17-2006, 10:14 PM
erm time out;D i need to gather my thoughts lol this is really getting to me..shall wait 4 dangerous dave or the chacha man to take ova, inshaAllah:)

Kittygyal
12-17-2006, 10:18 PM
Assalmualikum,
whats thy difference between Urdu && this lingo :? :confused:
Ma'assalama

Helena
12-17-2006, 10:20 PM
erm time out;D i need to gather my thoughts lol this is really getting to me..shall wait 4 dangerous dave or the chacha man to take ova, inshaAllah:)
LOL.....its getting to you......LOL...

i apologise...

will wait for dave or chacha man.......nice name given....wots urs?

Kittygyal
12-17-2006, 10:20 PM
LOL.....its getting to you......LOL...

i apologise...

will wait for dave or chacha man.......nice name given....wots urs?
Assalmualikum,
his is CHANDOO Bob :X
Ma'assalama

Helena
12-17-2006, 10:28 PM
Assalmualikum,
his is CHANDOO Bob :X
Ma'assalama
LOL...chandoo bob....thats way weird then others...LOL...no offence...

erm......dave,chacha......

little request.....can u provide moi the numbers,months,on the nxt mispuri test...will be prep...lol.....

Kittygyal
12-17-2006, 10:34 PM
LOL...chandoo bob....thats way weird then others...LOL...no offence...erm......dave,chacha......

little request.....can u provide moi the numbers,months,on the nxt mispuri test...will be prep...lol.....
assalamhualim,
not my fault he is a chandoo && bob anywho never mind :)
Ma'assalama

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
12-17-2006, 11:05 PM

1. Imthiyaaan - test correct

2. Kapreh - clothes correct

3. Paaandeh-sounds like pandit meaning priest? Incorrect (dishes)

4. laaakri-wood correct

5. mardth-men correct

6. Awrath-women correct

7. seb-apple correct

8. boota-budda..old? incorrect (plant/tree)

9. goodi-ugly? Incorrect (doll)

10. paani-water correct

11. daand-erm cold? incorrect (teeth)

12. daanda-stick correct

13. alu-potatoes correct

14. ghaaara-house? Incorrect (carrots)

15. chila/ galwadth-fault? incorrect(scarf/ dupatta)

well chacha jalebi beat moi to it.....did nt copy him.....

Traveller you score 9/15

chacha J 11/15

Helena
12-18-2006, 10:42 AM

ah man jalebi beat moi to two marks only......nxt time....

dun quiet well....lol.....:)

H4RUN
12-18-2006, 03:49 PM
spit some more question Dave, that goes for you 2 chacha man:D...a joint mirpuri/punjabi learning centre:D
lol who's bob?;D

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
12-18-2006, 03:58 PM
OK TriGga...we'll move on to the next level.

lets move on to Key Stage 2 Mirpuri/Pathawari.

Short sentances, some of the previous words will be included:

1. Meh namaaz parsaaa

2. Miki lak'a ki dard vah.

3. challo roti kaa.

Helena
12-18-2006, 04:28 PM
wow that was quick, i've passed and reached to level2 or mirpuri/pathwari..am i learning pathwari too?...mmm...didnt realise at all...

1. Meh namaaz parsaaa, i pray salah/am gna gna pray salah

2. Miki lak'a ki dard vah, is it ....my hand/back hurts/painful? am not sure...something hurts/painful

3. challo roti kaa, come lets eat chappati?

how did i do?.....:hiding:

H4RUN
12-18-2006, 05:00 PM
As Denziel hasn't replied....in the words of my former urdu teacher...'that was the ESCULENT' ;D;D
All correct...and yes it was 'pain in the back'

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
12-18-2006, 05:11 PM
^LOL rodders dont show of with GCE in UrDUU

Traveller is being a bit tricky by giving two answers...lol

ok.

1. I'm going to pray salah

2. I have pain in my lower back

3. Come lets eat chappatis.

traveller is rewarded 2 half out of 3...question two was hal way there.

Some more level two in Mirpuri/Pathwarii

1. Miki pook lagi vi

2. baaar sardee yaah

3. jaaa paandeh thouii choorr

4. meh ustaaad yaa

5. miki pakistan changa laagna

Skillganon
12-18-2006, 05:19 PM
What is mirpuri?

Is it some kind of cat? or an endangered species?

H4RUN
12-18-2006, 05:33 PM
LOL! yeh extremely dangerous, hence Dangerous Dave is the tutor[;) 1 of the answers:p]
erm it's just a different accent of urdu, more informal..

Kittygyal
12-18-2006, 05:36 PM
spit some more question Dave, that goes for you 2 chacha man:D...a joint mirpuri/punjabi learning centre:D
lol who's bob?;D
Assalmualikum,
don't ask me dear ask your self :X am outcha here inshallah :uhwhat
Ma'assalama

Kittygyal
12-18-2006, 05:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Skillganon
What is mirpuri?

Is it somekind of cat? or a dangered species?
Assalmualikum,
is it really:? i even asked a question but NO one answered my questions i repeat whats thy difference between Urdu && this lingo to me thy sound same huh! :uhwhat
if it's a cat am ALWAYS in here :p :wub:
Ma'assalama

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
12-19-2006, 12:01 AM
seeeelaaaaannceeeeeee!!! as my french teacher would say.

ok wheres my students gona man....roddders you get over hear n haji bro n chacha J

Helena
12-19-2006, 09:41 AM
seeeelaaaaannceeeeeee!!! as my french teacher would say.

ok wheres my students gona man....roddders you get over hear n haji bro n chacha J

LOL....recheck ur last sentence again....kathernak dimakh.....

erm am havin a lil break now.....will do it soon inshAllah......

H4RUN
12-19-2006, 05:10 PM
Rodders is present:D
btw haji pai kun eh? lol....

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
12-19-2006, 06:06 PM
Rodders is present:D
btw haji pai kun eh? lol....
we have two haji brothers hear i mean here :D

H4RUN
12-19-2006, 07:28 PM
Haji H kun eh? :p thats what u sed in reply to SISTER travellers post before:D samaj lagi?

netprince
12-19-2006, 07:46 PM
Assalmualikum,
is it really:? i even asked a question but NO one answered my questions i repeat whats thy difference between Urdu && this lingo to me thy sound same huh! :uhwhat
if it's a cat am ALWAYS in here :p :wub:
Ma'assalama
Assalaam Alaikum,

Urdu is the official language of pakistan, something like the 'Queens English' and Mirpuri (or Pathwari as it should be called) is a local dialect which is a cross between Urdu and punjabi. It has no written form and is local to the potohar region of pakistan. People from Mirpur dont class themselves as pakistani anymore (they are 'Kashmiri's nowadays, although the language of the real Kashmiri people is different) so have created a new name for their version of pathwari.

Hope that goes some way to answering your question

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
12-19-2006, 09:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by netprince
Assalaam Alaikum,

Urdu is the official language of pakistan, something like the 'Queens English' and Mirpuri (or Pathwari as it should be called) is a local dialect which is a cross between Urdu and punjabi. It has no written form and is local to the potohar region of pakistan. People from Mirpur dont class themselves as pakistani anymore (they are 'Kashmiri's nowadays, although the language of the real Kashmiri people is different) so have created a new name for their version of pathwari.

walikumaslaam

so what is the real language for the kashmiri people?

Kittygyal
12-20-2006, 02:51 PM
Assalaam Alaikum,

Assalmualikum
so there's NO Mirpuri cat right:? :uhwhat
Ma'assalama

netprince
12-20-2006, 08:50 PM
walikumaslaam

so what is the real language for the kashmiri people?
erm Never met any Kashmiri's from the indian side of the border so not sure whether there lingo is completely different or whether its another regional variation

Assalmualikum
so there's NO Mirpuri cat right:? :uhwhat
Ma'assalama
Cat = Billi (i think)
So KittyGyal would be something like BilliKuri (?)

H4RUN
12-20-2006, 10:12 PM
^yeh i guess ur correct!

Skillganon
12-20-2006, 10:15 PM
Mirpuri: "Meeeeooawhh!"

He! eh! he! Care to translate?

Kittygyal
12-20-2006, 10:54 PM
salam
so skilly mirpuri not a cat:/
w.salam

Helena
12-21-2006, 09:58 PM
erm...am back sir....took a pretty long break....

1. Miki pook lagi vi...........i'm hungry/i'm getting hungry

2. baaar sardee yaah.......outside is cold..mite catch cold...

3. jaaa paandeh thouii choorr.....go and wash dishes/saucepan

4. meh ustaaad yaa..am your teacher

5. miki pakistan changa laagna....:? ....erm wana go pakistan...

dnt be harsh sir...

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
12-21-2006, 10:13 PM
erm...am back sir....took a pretty long break....

1. Miki pook lagi vi...........i'm hungry/i'm getting hungry

2. baaar sardee yaah.......outside is cold..mite catch cold...

3. jaaa paandeh thouii choorr.....go and wash dishes/saucepan

4. meh ustaaad yaa..am your teacher

5. miki pakistan changa laagna....:? ....erm wana go pakistan...

dnt be harsh sir...
Thats good, i'll give you 4 1/2 out of 5. The last one was ..I like pakistan.

H4RUN
12-21-2006, 10:16 PM
your fake stand in supply teacher [yes the ones that we used to chase about in the class and make them cry:p]
^all correct above..except last one....asnwer was i like pakistan...
ps. i'll give you all of them correct, good moood :D
-aaah man the real teacher just beat me to it! DAVE!

Helena
12-22-2006, 09:43 AM
LOL...jazkas for both marking it including harun.....erm reps?....:rollseyes :rollseyes ......

wheres me nxt test sir?.....:uhwhat

Helena
12-27-2006, 09:50 PM

so sir...

are we having da christmas holiday break?....:omg: :blind: .....

when will the lessons begin?...erm.......

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
12-27-2006, 09:58 PM
aslaaamalikum baaaji, we shall begin level three...

Key stage level 3 Mirpuri - Convesations.

I say something you reply and i'll let youknow how good you did in the post after.

'Thusa ki aaaj neenthae ni achni?'

Helena
12-27-2006, 10:36 PM

I say something you reply and i'll let youknow how good you did in the post after.

jazaks for level3...i dnt think i'll be able to reply in mirpuri....totally hard for me....

somethings fishy...bro haji instead of baaji...

H4RUN
12-28-2006, 10:13 PM

wow what a coincidence...im sure it wasnt no christmas break:p....
erm Dannger Dave with a Dagger :D even i didnt under stand some of that:p...probably explains why i am the supply teacher;D

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
12-28-2006, 10:32 PM
wow what a coincidence...im sure it wasnt no christmas break:p....
erm Dannger Dave with a Dagger :D even i didnt under stand some of that:p...probably explains why i am the supply teacher;D

LOll looks like im rushing my students and supply teacher lol

ok back to KS2 - Mirpuri

1. Meh paaani pi saa.

Helena
12-28-2006, 11:24 PM
dse it mean....am drinking water/or going to drink water?

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
12-28-2006, 11:47 PM
going to drink water.

meh chaal maar saa.

Helena
12-28-2006, 11:50 PM
going to drink water.

meh chaal maar saa.
ur going somewhere?....

to sleep?

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
12-28-2006, 11:57 PM
nope.

I'm going to jump.

meh moka marsa.

Helena
12-29-2006, 12:03 AM
nope.

I'm going to jump.

meh moka marsa.
am hitting something...which is...probably flies?....

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
12-29-2006, 12:06 AM
I dont know what you call a fly in your language but we call it 'mukee' so i can understand why you was thinking that lol

it is 'im going to punch'

baaar nehraa yaa

netprince
12-29-2006, 12:11 AM
I dont know what you call a fly in your language but we call it 'mukee' so i can understand why you was thinking that lol

it is 'im going to punch'

baaar nehraa yaa
te laat on kari kin na:D

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
12-29-2006, 12:15 AM
te laat on kari kin na:D
kithii vii :thumbs_up ..thusa vi pathwaree yo?? kuwthaa rehneh yo??(typical first question hey)

netprince
12-29-2006, 12:33 AM
kithii vii :thumbs_up ..thusa vi pathwaree yo?? kuwthaa rehneh yo??(typical first question hey)

jee asan vi pathwari, pakistan me asan gujarkhan ne ah,idhar vilayat mein asan burmingam ne ah, tushan kithe ne oh?

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
12-29-2006, 02:22 PM
jee asan vi pathwari, pakistan me asan gujarkhan ne ah,idhar vilayat mein asan burmingam ne ah, tushan kithe ne oh?
thou pakistan vich tha itha vi maraaa gumaaandi yeh.

H4RUN
12-29-2006, 08:43 PM
family reunion...translate that into mirpuri my senior:D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.