PDA

View Full Version : Islamic Phone



Zulkiflim
08-28-2006, 06:13 AM
Salaam,

Check this out..

[PIE]LG Electronics has launched F7100 Qiblah phone
By press release
Mar 28, 2005, 11:21
Email this article
Printer friendly page

LG Electronics has launched F7100 Qiblah phone.

LG Electronics has introduced to the market the Qiblah phone (model:LG-F7100) which comes complete with embedded compass, direction indication and prayer time alarm (Azan feature), usable in 500 cities worldwide. LG Electronics has launched the Mecca indicator phone in UAE, Saudi Arabia, Iran, and other Middle East nations, as well as North African nations.
The New LG F7100 Qiblah Phone


The LG-F7100 model indicates the direction of Mecca to the users when they input their location in about 500 cities worldwide. This is different from the Mecca indicator phone unveiled last year that required the users to input their location and adjust the compass, which was provided as an accessory, to the north. The new model also informs the users of their prayer time (Azan time) five times a day.

Muslims perform their obligatory Salat prayers five times a day(sunrise, noon, afternoon, sunset, and midnight). Likewise, they have to face Kaaba, an old temple in Mecca, and this Mecca indicator phone enables them to identify the direction easily, including in areas such as deserts.

The Qiblah phone, which already created a sensational response in the market last year, offers slide-down and intenna (internal antenna) features; thus boosting the expectation of its rising popularity among the consumers.

LG-F7100 offers Mecca indication and alarm features, as well as Arabic-based user interface. It is a GPRS multimedia-feature mobile phone that offers MMS (multimedia messaging service), ring tones, background pictures, and JAVA games.

LG Electronics is set to introduce the Mecca indicator phone to India,Malaysia, and Indonesia, as well as Turkey, Eastern European nations, Morocco and other North African nations, in addition to the Middle East.[/PIE]

Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
syilla
08-28-2006, 06:28 AM
:sl:

malaysia also have one...made in malaysia..

but i never get to see one...maybe someone can help me and paste the picture here.

:w:
Reply

north_malaysian
08-28-2006, 07:44 AM
Originally Posted by Zulkiflim
Salaam,

Check this out..

[PIE]LG Electronics has launched F7100 Qiblah phone
By press release
Mar 28, 2005, 11:21
Email this article
Printer friendly page

LG Electronics has launched F7100 Qiblah phone.

LG Electronics has introduced to the market the Qiblah phone (model:LG-F7100) which comes complete with embedded compass, direction indication and prayer time alarm (Azan feature), usable in 500 cities worldwide. LG Electronics has launched the Mecca indicator phone in UAE, Saudi Arabia, Iran, and other Middle East nations, as well as North African nations.
The New LG F7100 Qiblah Phone


The LG-F7100 model indicates the direction of Mecca to the users when they input their location in about 500 cities worldwide. This is different from the Mecca indicator phone unveiled last year that required the users to input their location and adjust the compass, which was provided as an accessory, to the north. The new model also informs the users of their prayer time (Azan time) five times a day.

Muslims perform their obligatory Salat prayers five times a day(sunrise, noon, afternoon, sunset, and midnight). Likewise, they have to face Kaaba, an old temple in Mecca, and this Mecca indicator phone enables them to identify the direction easily, including in areas such as deserts.

The Qiblah phone, which already created a sensational response in the market last year, offers slide-down and intenna (internal antenna) features; thus boosting the expectation of its rising popularity among the consumers.

LG-F7100 offers Mecca indication and alarm features, as well as Arabic-based user interface. It is a GPRS multimedia-feature mobile phone that offers MMS (multimedia messaging service), ring tones, background pictures, and JAVA games.

LG Electronics is set to introduce the Mecca indicator phone to India,Malaysia, and Indonesia, as well as Turkey, Eastern European nations, Morocco and other North African nations, in addition to the Middle East.[/PIE]

LG is Korean company right?
Reply

north_malaysian
08-28-2006, 07:44 AM
Originally Posted by syilla
:sl:

malaysia also have one...made in malaysia..

but i never get to see one...maybe someone can help me and paste the picture here.

:w:
M-Mobile?
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
syilla
08-28-2006, 09:20 AM
yup m-moblie...mawi is the product ambassador
Reply

north_malaysian
08-28-2006, 09:46 AM
Originally Posted by syilla
yup m-moblie...mawi is the product ambassador
what are Islamic features of m-mobile? (excluding Mawi... which I dont think he's sort of islamic)
Reply

$i$ter
08-28-2006, 12:02 PM
wow dats sooo kool! ....i saw a simular phone goin on auction on ebay cuple weeks ago!


...so how much is this phone goin for????
Reply

Hayaat
08-28-2006, 12:15 PM
ya i would want one but im thinking its really expensive
Reply

Ghazi
08-28-2006, 01:07 PM
:sl:

Cool idea.
Reply

afriend
08-28-2006, 03:03 PM
Oh man this is cool!
Reply

syilla
08-29-2006, 02:10 AM
Malaysia launches first homegrown mobile phones



Malaysia's first homegrown cellular phone, M.Mobile, which was designed and developed in this country, made its debut on Friday.

Named M 10, this newly launched model not only has those standard features common in this industry but offers Muslim users fresh alternatives, said M.Mobile's Chief Executive Officer Zainudin Mohd Salleh.

Equipped with Islamic features, the M 10 model can calculate prayer time, broadcast azan (the summons to prayer) and show the prayer direction, said Zainudin at the launching ceremony in the Mandarin Oriental Hotel here.

"We hope in our own small way, we are able to contribute towards the government's effort in transforming our country into a nation of multi-skilled, multi-talented knowledge workers of world standards," said Zainudin.

Prime Minister Abdullah Ahamad Badawi attended the launching ceremony. While expressing his appreciation for the achievements made by the young company, Badawi also reminded the company to ensure its products can be equally accepted by non-Muslim customers.

Meanwhile, Zainudin said 90 percent of the M.Mobile products targets overseas markets. The company earlier inked a deal with the Saudi Arabian Television Manufacturing Co. Ltd. to supply one million units of mobile phones per year for the next five years, He added.

Source: Xinhua

UPDATED: 11:58, February 25, 2006


M.Mobile’s M10 and there’s also 2 versions: M10i and another called M10m which is the Mawi Special Edition phone which comes with unique World Prayer Times, Azan Alarm, Qiblat and of course Mawi ringtones and wallpapers! Quite a smart way to market it to the Islamic world, this phone could probably be a good entry level phone in Islamic countries.
http://techgurls.blorc.com/2006/04/2...aysia-gadgets/

Reply

north_malaysian
08-29-2006, 03:29 AM
Originally Posted by syilla
Malaysia launches first homegrown mobile phones



Malaysia's first homegrown cellular phone, M.Mobile, which was designed and developed in this country, made its debut on Friday.

Named M 10, this newly launched model not only has those standard features common in this industry but offers Muslim users fresh alternatives, said M.Mobile's Chief Executive Officer Zainudin Mohd Salleh.

Equipped with Islamic features, the M 10 model can calculate prayer time, broadcast azan (the summons to prayer) and show the prayer direction, said Zainudin at the launching ceremony in the Mandarin Oriental Hotel here.

"We hope in our own small way, we are able to contribute towards the government's effort in transforming our country into a nation of multi-skilled, multi-talented knowledge workers of world standards," said Zainudin.

Prime Minister Abdullah Ahamad Badawi attended the launching ceremony. While expressing his appreciation for the achievements made by the young company, Badawi also reminded the company to ensure its products can be equally accepted by non-Muslim customers.

Meanwhile, Zainudin said 90 percent of the M.Mobile products targets overseas markets. The company earlier inked a deal with the Saudi Arabian Television Manufacturing Co. Ltd. to supply one million units of mobile phones per year for the next five years, He added.

Source: Xinhua

UPDATED: 11:58, February 25, 2006


M.Mobile’s M10 and there’s also 2 versions: M10i and another called M10m which is the Mawi Special Edition phone which comes with unique World Prayer Times, Azan Alarm, Qiblat and of course Mawi ringtones and wallpapers! Quite a smart way to market it to the Islamic world, this phone could probably be a good entry level phone in Islamic countries.
http://techgurls.blorc.com/2006/04/2...aysia-gadgets/

I cant stand that word 'MAWI':vomit:

A person who tried to ISlamise a secular reality programme and ended up being 'unIslamic'!!!
Reply

Woodrow
08-29-2006, 03:51 AM
Originally Posted by north_malaysian
LG is Korean company right?
I bellieve both Kim and Park are Korean Names, the rest seem to be Chinese. The company is world wide and has plants in nearly every Country.

S.S.Kim
LG Electronics CEO & Vice Chairman
S.S. Kim is a reform-minded entrepreneur who has been recognized for his outstanding leadership and his role as a driving force behind the company. He embraces a philosophy of field-oriented management which sees him mingling and communicating with staff at all levels of the company.


Mun-Hwa Park
President & CEO Mobile Communications Company


Young-Ha Lee
President & CEO Digital Appliance Company


Sang-Han Yoon
CEO
Digital Display Company


B.B Hwang
CEO
Digital Media
Company


James Kim
President and CEO
LG Electronics European Headquarters


Nam K. Woo
President and CEO
LG Electronics
China Headquarters


Hee-Gook Lee
President and Chief
Technology
Officer


Michael Ahn
President and CEO
LG Electronics
North American Headquarters



Young-soo Kwon
President and CFO
international and domestic financial management


Kwang Ro Kim
President
LG Electronics India Pvt. Ltd New Delhi, India


A brief History of the company:

1958 GoldStar (today's LG Electronics) established
1959 Korea's first radio produced







1962 Radio exported to the US and Hong Kong as Korea's first
1965 Korea's first refrigerator produced
1966 Korea's first black & white TV produced
1968 Korea's first air conditioner produced
1969 Korea's first washing machine produced







1974 GoldStar Communications went public
1977 Color TV produced
1978 Exports surpassed US$100 million as Korea's first in the electronics industry







1980 First EU sales subsidiary in Germany (LGEWG) established
1982 Color TV plant in Huntsville in the US established
1984 Sales surpassed one trillion won
1986 European-standard VCR plant in Germany established
1989 Sales subsidiary and a joint production subsidiary in Thailand established










1990 Ireland-based design technology center established
1993 With the establishment of Huizhou subsidiary in China(LGEHZ), marketing in China took full swing
1995 Company name changed to LG Electronics and the US-based Zenith acquired
1997 40-inch PDP TV and the world's first IC set for DTVs developed; India production subsidiary (LGEIL) established
1998 World's first 60-inch PDP TV developed
1999 LG.Philips LCD, a joint venture with Philips, established













2000 LG Information & Communications merged
The world's first Internet-enabled refrigerator launched
Global sales of refrigerators reached the number one position
2001 Asynchronous IMT-2000 equipment commercialized;
the world's first Internet- enabled washing machine, air conditioner, and microwave oven launched;
LG.Philips Displays, a joint venture with Philips established
2002 Under the LG Holding Company system, the Company spun off to LG Electronics (LGE) and LG Electronics Investment (LGEI);
the first home network system commercialized in the global market
2003 World's first synchronous-asynchronous IMT-2000 mobile phone developed;
the world's first 76-inch PDP TV developed;
CDMA mobile handsets took the largest share in the US & world CDMA market
2004 EVSB, the next-generation DTV transmission technology chosen to be the US/Canada DTV transmission standard by the US ATSC
All-in-one LG 55" LCD TV, the world’s first and largest among LCD TVs, commercialized
The world’s largest and first LG 71" plasma TV commercialized
The world’s first terrestrial DMB phone developed
2005 World's first DMB(Digital Multimedia Broadcasting) notebook PC unveiled
World's first DMB Phone with Time-shift function developed
Network solution joint venture of LG-Nortel launched
CDMA mobile phones ranked first in the world in the 3rd quarter
Reply

north_malaysian
08-29-2006, 04:02 AM
Originally Posted by Woodrow
I bellieve both Kim and Park are Korean Names, the rest seem to be Chinese. The company is world wide and has plants in nearly every Country.

S.S.Kim
Mun-Hwa Park
Young-Ha Lee
Sang-Han Yoon
B.B Hwang
James Kim
Nam K. Woo
Hee-Gook Lee
Michael Ahn
Young-soo Kwon
Kwang Ro Kim
All of these people are Koreans....

Do you know that 0.15% of Koreans are Muslims? Islam has high prospect to gain more korean converts/reverts .... I've met some in the university... they say Malaysia is the biggest contributor in Islamic da'wa in Korea.
Reply

pakistanimuslim
08-31-2006, 09:10 PM
how much for this phone
Reply

syilla
09-01-2006, 04:51 AM
for the m-mobile it cost about rm400 - rm 500 ++
Reply

Joe98
09-01-2006, 05:42 AM
LG is a Korean company.

Korea sent soldiers to Iraq to help rebuild the country. it was a unit of engineers.

Korea supports the US in everything. They have to, otherwise the North Koreans might invade.
Reply

Dahir
09-01-2006, 05:45 AM
Originally Posted by Joe98
LG is a Korean company.

Korea sent soldiers to Iraq to help rebuild the country. it was a unit of engineers.

Korea supports the US in everything. They have to, otherwise the North Koreans might invade.
:D

Watcha gonna ask next, does this phone have a self-detonation device?

I'm kidding!

:D
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 61
    Last Post: 01-25-2014, 05:28 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-17-2006, 10:30 PM

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!