/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What makes you snap?

AhlaamBella
08-29-2006, 05:18 PM
:sl:

What makes you all lose your rag? How do you keep your patience and calm down?

Just wanted to know...give me some ideas when I have to resist hurting my 10yr old brother :grumbling

:w: :D

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Hijaabi22
08-29-2006, 05:25 PM
ANYTHIN THAT DOESNT SUIT ME , I BLOW MY TOP!!! And boy U WUDNT WANNA WITNESS DAT i TELL YA!!! JUS LET IT OUT! WORX WID MOI LOL

AhlaamBella
08-29-2006, 05:26 PM
lol o-kay. I was thinking of a more calm approach to releasing my anger lol

Sunflower
08-29-2006, 05:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Baby_Pearl

Just wanted to know...give me some ideas when I have to resist hurting my 10yr old brother :grumbling

i no how u feel trust me!! i must hve the most annoying brother in the entire universe...he just knows how to make me tick and shout:rant: and snap:hiding:!!
but remeber sis what would u do if u didnt hve hime around? because no matter how annoying my brother is u can always rely in him to make u laugh....well unless ur shouting at him that is....

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Kidman
08-29-2006, 05:30 PM
Even when i am angry or whatever, if i go do prayers, even if its not prayer time i could do make-up prayers or something, that always gets me to calm down, and your doing something where you recieve thawab. :)

Or, I turn my anger into laughter... and when whoever is trying to make me mad, see's that i'm happy instead, then they stop doing it because they see it's not working, or they try harder and i laugh harder for them being dumb.

Kidman

AhlaamBella
08-29-2006, 05:33 PM
Jazakallah bro, sis. I also recite Quran I find that helps.

Samee
08-29-2006, 06:06 PM
Volume 8, Book 73, Number 135:

Narrated Abu Huraira:

Allah's Apostle said, "The strong is not the one who overcomes the people by his strength, but the strong is the one who controls himself while in anger."

Abu Hurayrah said: A man said to the Prophet (sallallaahu alayhi wa sallam), "Counsel me. He said, "Do not become angry." The man repeated [his request] several times, and he said, "Do not become angry.

Mujahidah4Allah
08-29-2006, 06:15 PM

try doing wudhu lol or ermm try buying them bean bag thingy that u stretch and stuff :D

ma'salamah

afriend
08-29-2006, 06:42 PM
When people delibertaely make a scene to get attention

And when people are unreasonable...I just :rant:

Mujahidah4Allah
08-29-2006, 06:45 PM
hmm iqqy edit the *Cough sum1 on dis forum *cough u dont wanna get in trouble now do ya :) bhai ima have a word with u!!

ma'salamah

bint_muhammed
08-29-2006, 09:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kidman
Even when i am angry or whatever, if i go do prayers, even if its not prayer time i could do make-up prayers or something, that always gets me to calm down, and your doing something where you recieve thawab. :)

Or, I turn my anger into laughter... and when whoever is trying to make me mad, see's that i'm happy instead, then they stop doing it because they see it's not working, or they try harder and i laugh harder for them being dumb.

Kidman

i try that with my youngest sis pretending that she isnt annoying me, but it doesnt work. ( we end up grabbing each others hair:hiding: ).
my sister is three years younger than me and she gets on my nerves and the worst part is my mum blames me when we argue saying that its my fault! another thing that annoys me is dirty bathrooms, especially public ones i never go to them and if i have to i end up grumbling! what i try doing now is take deep breathe and clear my mind of teh person annoying me, seriously completely ignore the person, you feel a lot calmer. (its a bit of yoga) because it annoys them!

~Stranger~
08-29-2006, 09:50 PM
oh oh at last i find a topic that i can relate to........

man i have the most annoying brother, he calls me name sometimes and when i look he says "nothing" or silly things.... so i decided to ignore him................

but the problem is that i ighnore him when he really needs something. he once called me few times but i pretended like i dont hear him but then i found out hes calling me to see ppl who came to our house..........

lolwatever
08-29-2006, 09:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Baby_Pearl

if ppl insult you turn it in2 a joke :D always works

either you get them cut or make them laugh ;D

Dahir
08-29-2006, 09:52 PM
What makes you snap?
A hippopotamus if I get too close.

QuranStudy
08-29-2006, 09:52 PM
Non-Muslims spreading lies about Islam and painting freedom fighters as terrorists.

IceQueen~
08-29-2006, 10:10 PM
;D ;D ;D...
ok now u sound like a sis urself -just kidding!

does anyone have probs when an elderly person is really unfair and u can't say anything cos u have to respect em?

afriend
08-29-2006, 10:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Marya
;D ;D ;D...

does anyone have probs when an elderly person is really unfair and u can't say anything cos u have to respect em?
Yeah, and that's the way it should be....especially to your grandfather....I could not utter a word that would hurt him or may I taste death.

IceQueen~
08-29-2006, 10:16 PM
you love ur grandfather(ikram)---its not as easy when its someone you don't evn know properly and who isn't exactly that kind of relative and who is totally mean and nasty and unfair..

but of course Allah's rules have to stand above all Insha Allah (not easy though)

afriend
08-29-2006, 10:16 PM
can we add 'blondes' to the list too? :heated:

lolwatever
08-29-2006, 10:17 PM
;D ;D ;D...

actually iqram is true in general... but it depends really what the issue is

if its just normal stuff, say.. he likes certain ice cream and u hate it... then yeh out of respect just agree with him or make him feel good about himself..

if its religion issue, we gotta keep in mind that the older SOME ppl get, the more stubborn they tend to become (i'm serious its true, hence the hadith of the prophet 'the youth gave me victory, the old men failed me')... sooo its v vv v v v v v important 2b gentel with them, but dont just agree to anything, if wat theys ay is wrong.. disagree, but b gentel about it

if they get upset, 2 bad.... lol there's this really neat poem

"atu'3alimunaa deenanaa wa qad shaabat nawaaseenaaa" lol

'you're teaching us our religion and our hair has gone white" :X

afriend
08-29-2006, 10:17 PM
you love ur grandfather(ikram)---its not as easy when its someone you don't evn know properly and who isn't exactly that kind of relative and who is totally mean and nasty and unfair..

but of course Allah's rules have to stand above all Insha Allah (not easy though)
If the need may arise, then speak to them in a humble tune, and do not speak in the slightest bit disrespectfully.

The du'a of your elders, cherish them :cry:

IceQueen~
08-29-2006, 10:22 PM
i know but i'm not talking about those kind of elders
i would never dare say anything to my grandfather and you don't know him!
i'm talking about people older than you in general

Mujahidah4Allah
08-29-2006, 10:22 PM
respect the elders :D and the sisters :D wat annoys me i dunno a lotta things i getin pikd on... ^o)

ma'salamah

lolwatever
08-29-2006, 10:24 PM
^ :offended: so i hav to wait for another 60 years to get some respect out of u ? :exhausted

IceQueen~
08-29-2006, 10:26 PM
^ what you on about bro..?
(and where is the quran link?)

lolwatever
08-29-2006, 10:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude
Can all members please refrain from off-topic free posting. Thank you.
shesh step back... you're still a trainee, no value what so ever :X

ok back 2 topic... nothing makes me snap alhamdulilah, except when ppl r stubborn, i hate that :offended:

Mujahidah4Allah
08-29-2006, 10:43 PM
oh yeh sorry alphas the best yeh what makes me snap hmmm water :D

ma'salamah

Mujahidah4Allah
08-29-2006, 10:44 PM
Girly men get on my nerves, feminine-type guys. *shudder*

who's that aimed at ^o)

ma'salamah

lolwatever
08-29-2006, 10:45 PM
Girly men get on my nerves, feminine-type guys. *shudder*
yeh i agree :grumbling >> e.g. http://www.islamicboard.com/members/...dude-6022.html

lolwatever
08-29-2006, 11:05 PM
anyway so yes... as the propeht says, when ur angry, sit down, if ur still angry, lie down.. and drink water and say a'3uoothu bilah..

Mujahidah4Allah
08-29-2006, 11:06 PM
it's also best to do wudhu when ur angry as told by the Prophet [saw] :D

ma'salamah

afriend
08-29-2006, 11:08 PM
And listening to recitation of Quraan [perfectly....surah an noor :wub: Or maybe Ta-ha...ah it's all good :cry: :wub:]

Dahir
08-29-2006, 11:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by lolwatever
anyway so yes... as the propeht says, when ur angry, sit down, if ur still angry, lie down.. and drink water and say a'3uoothu bilah..
Good plan. I think eating will lessen anger. It works for me because it keeps my mind AWAY from anger, rather than lying down...but that's because my mind is active and focused on negatives. Eat and you will be okay.

What NOT to do: Pull your hair. Scratch your face. Retaliate.

afriend
08-29-2006, 11:14 PM
:lol: Are you for real ;D??

well I don't know about anyone else, but pulling hairs is a threat to any man ;D

lolwatever
08-29-2006, 11:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dahir
Good plan. I think eating will lessen anger. It works for me because it keeps my mind AWAY from anger, rather than lying down...but that's because my mind is active and focused on negatives. Eat and you will be okay.

eating is last thing i wanna dow hen im angry :X

lol-water is pretty effective in removing anger....

afriend
08-29-2006, 11:19 PM
yes lots of lolwater helps to remove the stress and fustration...It's amazing what water can do, it also removes many other sicknesses/ailments such as painful joints and influenza [flu] subhanallah

Muhammad
08-29-2006, 11:27 PM

Sorry for killing another thread, but we have the 'annoyance list' already, as well as many threads on anger management. You can find them by using the search facility Insha'Allaah.

:threadclo

:w:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.