/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Memorizing and then forgetting

anonymous
08-29-2006, 07:34 PM
:salamext:

i know there is a grave sin for the person who memorizes the quran and then forgets it. unfortunately that has happened to me :'( :'( :'( and i really regret this.

has this happened to anyone else here, where they completely forgotten large portions of the quran but have then been able to remember it again.

someone plz advice on how to remember again. jazakalah

:wasalamex

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
chacha_jalebi
08-29-2006, 07:46 PM
salaam

jus re read the surahs again innit :D one way i did to memorize surahs was to, read a long surah or part of it, and then just write that bit down from the top of my head on a paper :D:D:D, truss matey that propa helps :D:D:D

Al-Hanbali
08-29-2006, 07:51 PM
:sl:

i am sure that does help but writing down 30 Juz is not something that is possible or probably would take agessssssssss right :)

samsam
08-29-2006, 07:51 PM
Memorize again

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
glo
08-29-2006, 07:54 PM
Why is it a grave sin to forget parts of the Quran?
Chances are, the more you worry about it, the less your brain can take in! :X

Perhaps you should relax and enjoy reading your holy book, and it will come back to you!

peace.

chacha_jalebi
08-29-2006, 07:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Taymullah
:salam:

i am sure that does help but writing down 30 sifarah is not something that is possible
:p i didnt say write down 30 :D

for example surah Ya sin =

"Ya Sin, Wal Quraanil Hakiim, innaka laminal mursaleen, alaa siratul mustaqeem, tanzilal aziz zir raheem, litunzira qawmam maa unzira abahum fahum gafiloon .....

u can just memorize the first 5 lines, then go to the next 5 lines, then the next 5 lines & carry it on its easier that way

afriend
08-29-2006, 07:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo

Perhaps you should relax and enjoy reading your holy book, and it will come back to you!

peace.
Couldn't say it better myself....

If you have a favourite recitor, listen to him like crazy....u see....I don't have to revise a juz in 2-4 weeks.;)

- Qatada -
08-29-2006, 07:59 PM

I think that when you first memorize Qur'an, then you memorize it through reading the letters and words etc.

But once a person's memorised it, then it's alot easier to remember it again through listening to recitations, and reading/reciting along with the verses.

So try downloading some good Qur'an recitations, and try reciting along insha'Allaah.

Some useful links insha'Allaah:

http://quran.jalisi.com/

http://quranicrealm.com/

http://www.sabbir.com/DownloadHalal.html

afriend
08-29-2006, 08:11 PM
Also, may I suggest......The arabic language is a great help to us all :wub:

Woodrow
08-29-2006, 08:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo

peace.
Once a person has truly memorised it the most likely reason they would forget it is because they have ceased to listen to it and have stopped reading it. I am certain there are other reasons that a person would forget parts of it, but it seems that would actully mean that they still haven't really memorised it, they are still in the stage of memorising. To forget after truly memorising it would come from not using it.

Sort of like memorising your mothers phone number, if you use it every day it is not likely you will forget it. If you do forget it, it is an indication you have not been calling your mother often.

lolwatever
08-29-2006, 08:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous

i know there is a grave sin for the person who memorizes the quran and then forgets it. unfortunately that has happened to me :'( :'( :'( and i really regret this.

has this happened to anyone else here, where they completely forgotten large portions of the quran but have then been able to remember it again.

someone plz advice on how to remember again. jazakalah

:wasalamex
salamz, yeh it happened to me actually juz 6 (counting from the back) was prety hard to get my head around so i didn't memorise it 'that well'.. and then i 4got it.. and then after a while i 4got it... and then i memorised it again :statisfie

one thing btw.. don't get discouraged from memorising quran, i use 2 be really scaerd coz of that "hadith" about punishment of forgetting... but then cheese showed me it was actually fabricated/weak.... so yeh go4it, do ur best and if u forget a bit, do your best 2 re-memorise but don't be demotivated to memorise more...

at the same time, remember the quran witnesses against someone who didn't erad it, so read, learn and memorise inshalah :) just keep in mind that hadith is fake, so it should remove fears to memorise mroe and more :)

tc salamz

~Stranger~
08-29-2006, 09:23 PM
if u managed to memorise it b4 then u will be able to do it again insha'allah.... u just have to try .......

good luck!!!

i know there is a grave sin for the person who memorizes the quran and then forgets it
really? i never know

afriend
08-29-2006, 09:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by lolwatever
salamz, yeh it happened to me actually juz 6 (counting from the back) was prety hard to get my head around so i didn't memorise it 'that well'.. and then i 4got it.. and then after a while i 4got it... and then i memorised it again :statisfie

one thing btw.. don't get discouraged from memorising quran, i use 2 be really scaerd coz of that "hadith" about punishment of forgetting... but then cheese showed me it was actually fabricated/weak.... so yeh go4it, do ur best and if u forget a bit, do your best 2 re-memorise but don't be demotivated to memorise more...

at the same time, remember the quran witnesses against someone who didn't erad it, so read, learn and memorise inshalah :) just keep in mind that hadith is fake, so it should remove fears to memorise mroe and more :)

tc salamz
wow....first I've heard of that....how comes all them mullahs/sheikhs never noticed that :?

Mujahidah4Allah
08-29-2006, 09:32 PM

wow so u dont meet Allah [swt] on the DOJ with no limbs if u forget any memo's from Quran? [waterboy] :)

ma'salamah

libyanhero
08-29-2006, 09:33 PM
wailaykum asalam wa rahmatullah

it is not a sin or never has been if u forgot the quran just read it again and becareful with fabricated hadiths

lolwatever
08-29-2006, 09:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by hyper~gal

wow so u dont meet Allah [swt] on the DOJ with no limbs if u forget any memo's from Quran? [waterboy] :)

ma'salamah
yeh deffo not.. it just occurred to me after it was proven that the hadith is weak.. the if that was the cse, it would be a discouragement to memorise quran :offended:

infact... i only found out like one month ago from cheese, and for a few years i put a lid on the idea of memorising more, coz i was just so scared i couldn't keep up2date with it all...

so yeh alhamdulilah :statisfie

ps: waterboy.. hmmm now i got alpha dude on my side... warning.. hmmm ;D

seeker_of_ilm
08-29-2006, 09:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by lolwatever
yeh deffo not.. it just occurred to me after it was proven that the hadith is weak.. the if that was the cse, it would be a discouragement to memorise quran :offended:

infact... i only found out like one month ago from cheese, and for a few years i put a lid on the idea of memorising more, coz i was just so scared i couldn't keep up2date with it all...

so yeh alhamdulilah :statisfie

ps: waterboy.. hmmm now i got alpha dude on my side... warning.. hmmm ;D

I didn't know that...any proof Insha'allah?....so I can show others

Mujahidah4Allah
08-29-2006, 09:40 PM
oh rite i forgot so much :s partly well mostly cuza of the teachers they made my life hell well not real hell but yeh get the jist

oh yeh proof plz cuz den tis kinda stress free :D

p.s. alpha dudes the best mod u can get around he wont warn me :D cuz he's the best !!!

ma'salamah

lolwatever
08-29-2006, 09:47 PM
I didn't know that...any proof Insha'allah?....so I can show others
http://islamtoday.com/show_detail_se...main_cat_id=28

:D

Mujahidah4Allah
08-29-2006, 09:48 PM
shukran will read tomorrow inshaAllah :)

ma'slaamah

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.