/* */

PDA

View Full Version : what if?

cihad
08-30-2006, 12:47 PM
i was just wondering what if you weren't born in the same faith as you are now.
do youthink you would convert ?

tell the truth ,don't just say yes

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Vaseline
08-30-2006, 12:55 PM
Very nice question. To be honest, I wouldn't really know but what I do know is that if I was born to a different faith, then depending on how my parents would have brought me up, I would be different to who I am now. Or, to a certain extent, I could still be the same if I was brought up under strict Christianity [or any other belief systems for that matter]

lolwatever
08-30-2006, 12:55 PM
Guidance is in Allah's hands, not ours... so we should thank Allah that he guided us to Islam

many people are born Muslims but don't pray and many other things so they aren't classified as Muslims jsut because they where born so.. u dont inherit good deeds or bad deeds from parents.

Trumble
08-30-2006, 01:06 PM
If that's an open question to non-muslims as well, I don't think you can be "born" into any faith. You can only be born to parents who have certain beliefs, and within a culture where particular beliefs are dominant.

Whatever rituals there may be, circumcision, baptisement or whatever, its meaningless until you are old enough to think about it and make up your own mind. The only thing that changes over time is the information and influences you have, obviously early on the influence of parents, education and prevailing culture will be so overpowering you are only likely to choose one way. As you get older though, and your world broadens up a little, you may learn other things or meet other people that result in you embracing a new faith. Or rejecting religion altogether, come to that.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Zulkiflim
08-31-2006, 06:03 AM
Salaam,

My bet is that most would not even know if Islam.

We do not advertise or put on TV to make people aware of Islam.
People come out of their own desire.

It is only after Sep 11,that all this happened and more and more of humnaity are becoming our brothers and sisters.

So i would say no,if i did not know how cna i convert...

glo
08-31-2006, 06:14 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by cihad

I think that's impossible to answer.

Our outlook on life depends (at least to some degree) on our upbringing and the values instilled into us by those who influence us.
Our search for God depends on situations and incidents throughout our lives. Other threads in this forum have shown that you don't have to be born into a faith to follow that faith. People seek and search out of their own motiation - and because God draws them.

My image of God and my relationship with him is such, that I cannot imagine ever being anything else but a Christian! I cannot imagine that I could serve God in any other way.
I suppose that means I cannot truly answer your question. :rollseyes

Peace. :)

Woodrow
08-31-2006, 06:40 AM

I was born in a Christian Home and Raised as a Christian. Began getting a academic knowledge of Islam while in my 20s but did not revert until I was 65.

So to answer your question I was born in one faith but reverted to Islam.

The Ruler
08-31-2006, 11:27 AM

well...we wouldnt relly kno wud we...i mean...we shoud thank Allh dat wer muslims...bcuz u neva kno..if u wer born a muslim u may neva v cn de face of islam...thus im jus happy dat im a muslim...i wudnt lyk ta fink if i wud convert or not...i happy as i am now :) :)

:w:

جوري
08-31-2006, 08:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
I was born in a Christian Home and Raised as a Christian. Began getting a academic knowledge of Islam while in my 20s but did not revert until I was 65.

So to answer your question I was born in one faith but reverted to Islam.
Mashallah.. how did your family take it? did they convert along with you?

Jayda
08-31-2006, 08:10 PM

i do not know... i think my family, my culture, my childhood and my religion all have have a lot to with my identity and they all effect and reinforce each other in different ways...

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!