/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How much HDD Space does your Computer have?

Dahir
08-30-2006, 08:46 PM
I'm beginning to think that my 9GB is not something I can work with past September, but then there may be people who run entire businesses on 5GB - don't laugh, its highly possible.

Out of curiousity, how much HDD (Hard Disk Drive) Space does your Computer have?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
amirah_87
08-30-2006, 08:48 PM
As salaamu aalykum,

Out of curiousity, how much HDD (Hard Disk Drive) Space does your Computer have?
And just outta curiousity Akhee.. Where D'you check to see this!!??

lolwatever
08-30-2006, 08:52 PM
x Hundred gig :D

Samee
08-30-2006, 09:09 PM
I gotta go with Woodrow here...

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Woodrow
08-30-2006, 09:23 PM
right now I have 5 hdd's on mine for a total of 1,650 gigabytes. That is way more than what most people need I use 500 gigs strictly for storage space. 250 Gigs is used to to run XP and a bunch of games I put on for the grand kids. The other 900 gigs is used for various periphial stuff. I have all kinds of junk on it for saving radio/TV broadcasts etc, I have a lot of wireless stuff set up so I can net work with mydaughters PC.
I don't get out much so the PC is pretty much my window on the world. I also have a lot of books saved on it, Which are Mostly audio and visual Qur'ans, Hadeeth, Arabic Language courses, So although the HDD space seems too high, I will probably have to add a few more drives. I only have enough space left for 3 more internal drives, but have plenty of room for external ones. I do have 3 external USB HDD drives, One is just a total back up of my operating system and major programs.

Dahir
08-30-2006, 09:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by amirah_87
As salaamu aalykum,

And just outta curiousity Akhee.. Where D'you check to see this!!??
Here's a Pictorial Step-by-Step:

NOTE: Don't mind the Pic Quality, I downsized the quality BitMap to upload it - I run WindowsXP, not Windows 95...:uhwhat

..........and THEN:

Dahir
08-30-2006, 09:52 PM
right now I have 5 hdd's on mine for a total of 1,650 gigabytes. That is way more than what most people need I use 500 gigs strictly for storage space. 250 Gigs is used to to run XP and a bunch of games I put on for the grand kids. The other 900 gigs is used for various periphial stuff. I have all kinds of junk on it for saving radio/TV broadcasts etc, I have a lot of wireless stuff set up so I can net work with mydaughters PC.
I don't get out much so the PC is pretty much my window on the world. I also have a lot of books saved on it, Which are Mostly audio and visual Qur'ans, Hadeeth, Arabic Language courses, So although the HDD space seems too high, I will probably have to add a few more drives. I only have enough space left for 3 more internal drives, but have plenty of room for external ones. I do have 3 external USB HDD drives, One is just a total back up of my operating system and major programs.
I think you have unsightly and imperial plans on that computer of yours. I just hope the world is aware of your intentions...:uuh:

amirah_87
08-30-2006, 10:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dahir
Here's a Pictorial Step-by-Step:
As salaamu aalykum,

I see JazaKAllahu khayran!!....

It says: 39.0GB

Dahir
08-30-2006, 10:02 PM
As salaamu aalykum,

I see JazaKAllahu khayran!!....

It says: 39.0GB
:-[ ...I dole out advice and I get left in the dust with my 9GB...:(

Hajar
08-30-2006, 10:05 PM
:sl:

Mine says: 37.2 GB :D

Dahir
08-30-2006, 10:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hajar

Mine says: 37.2 GB :D
I'm thinking this is going to turn into a contest...well, just to make sure no one makes fun of me or my 9GB...Iqram only has 12GB...

lolwatever
08-30-2006, 10:21 PM
^ hey you're releasing bro section classified secrets!! :p

dahir wat sort of graphics do u hav on ur comp? hav u cranked up ur vga settings in the display options?

Dahir
08-30-2006, 10:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by lolwatever
^ hey you're releasing bro section classified secrets!! :p

dahir wat sort of graphics do u hav on ur comp? hav u cranked up ur vga settings in the display options?
No...my graphics are normal, they just looked like trash when I posted them because I changed the BitMap settings so I could upload them properly.

:uhwhat

Woodrow
08-30-2006, 10:44 PM
Here is a screen shot of what happens when I click on my computer. Instead of showing the 5 fixed drives seperatly, take my word they add up to 1,650 gigs. The array I have them in the first 3 drives are in a RAID configuration and work in tandem with eachother and act like a single SATA drive with 900 gigs. The 2 WD drives Slaves one is 500 gigs the other is 250 gigs. So it acts like a 3 drive SATA with one 900 gig master and the 2 sloves. Below is the removable drives that I currently have hooked up. I can add up to a total of 234 external drives by piggy backing the USB2 ports.

I shouldn't run out of space for at least a week .

I lost the quality on the screen shot when I shrunk it. I should have left it in the bitmap format. My error

Samee
08-30-2006, 10:58 PM
I just checked, and I have 145 GB total- 129 Free.

Dahir
08-30-2006, 11:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
Here is a screen shot of what happens when I click on my computer. Instead of showing the 5 fixed drives seperatly, take my word they add up to 1,650 gigs. The array I have them in the first 3 drives are in a RAID configuration and work in tandem with eachother and act like a single SATA drive with 900 gigs. The 2 WD drives Slaves one is 500 gigs the other is 250 gigs. So it acts like a 3 drive SATA with one 900 gig master and the 2 sloves. Below is the removable drives that I currently have hooked up. I can add up to a total of 234 external drives by piggy backing the USB2 ports.

I shouldn't run out of space for at least a week .

I lost the quality on the screen shot when I shrunk it. I should have left it in the bitmap format. My error
OMG!!!!!! :muddlehea :muddlehea

Dahir
08-30-2006, 11:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude
"w00t! i just pwn3d that n00b!"
:rollseyes :uuh:

Are you afraid to list your HDD space? ;D

Woodrow
08-30-2006, 11:28 PM
Now for the Irony. I'm in an area where High speed internet Isn't available. so my poor dial up speed is a max of 56 kbs, but quite often it is 28 and sometimes down to 14. I have enough space to hold the Congressional library and it takes me a week to down load a smilie gif. I might have a bigger PC, but you sure can surf the web faster than I can.

Dahir
08-30-2006, 11:31 PM
It's 80 GB :(
I only have 9GB, you sadistic _______ <----fill in the blanks...:offended:

Now for the Irony. I'm in an area where High speed internet Isn't available. so my poor dial up speed is a max of 56 kbs, but quite often it is 28 and sometimes down to 14. I have enough space to hold the Congressional library and it takes me a week to down load a smilie gif. I might have a bigger PC, but you sure can surf the web faster than I can.
I feel happy now, but not that happy - Alpha gets fast internet and a huge HDD.

Woodrow
08-30-2006, 11:34 PM
I only have 9GB, you sadistic _______ <----fill in the blanks...:offended:

I feel happy now, but not that happy - Alpha gets fast internet and a huge HDD.
For internet usage Alpha is in much better shape than I am in. Fortunatly I need most of my space for off line stuff other wise it would be a waste. But, when we finaly do get high speed, watch out world. :giggling:

Dahir
08-30-2006, 11:45 PM
Dahir, aren't your poll options a bit weird? Which do I select:
60-80 GB
or
80-100 GB
You should have made it like, for example: ...61-80; 81-100...
I tried this format:

5 or less, 5-9, 10-19, 20-39, etc. I thought it looked funny. So I chose 10-20, 20-40, etc.

Live with it! If you want to look cool, choose 80-100, but if you're into modesty, choose 60-80. *wink*

BlissfullyJaded
08-30-2006, 11:54 PM

75 GB alhamdulillah. Most of which I don't use. :hiding:

Al-Hanbali
08-31-2006, 12:14 AM

I have 232 GB...mostly filled with Qur'an :hiding: :hiding: :hiding:

Woodrow
08-31-2006, 12:21 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Taymullah

I have 232 GB...mostly filled with Qur'an :hiding: :hiding: :hiding:
I can believe that, nearly 200 gigs of my space is Audio recitations of the Qur'an

Dahir
08-31-2006, 12:32 AM
I can believe that, nearly 200 gigs of my space is Audio recitations of the Qur'an
Really? I have the first Juz on my iPod, less than 200MB, not GB, but that's only the first Juz, but the entire Quran can't be more than 1.5GB!

Woodrow
08-31-2006, 12:52 AM
Really? I have the first Juz on my iPod, less than 200MB, not GB, but that's only the first Juz, but the entire Quran can't be more than 1.5GB!
In MP3 format the whole Quran should be about 6 gigs. If you have several complete resitations and then some written ones it does not take long. One of my favorites is a searchable audio and written one that takes up quite a bit of space by itself. But to be honest The AVI and WMF videos of the Reciters take up the most space.

Nope, it depends on what format you are saving in. I have 3 full video recitations by 3 different reciters in AVI format they are using about 10 gigs each. Then I have a few Arabic- English ones in written formats. I managed to get Pictures of each page from a thousand year old hand written one. I have each page saved in JPEG format. So it is quite easy to use up a lot of space just on the Qur'an, if you are trying to keep them as high quality files for burning to DVD's etc. I hadn't actually checked the total Gigs for the Quran alone In the same files I have the Fiqh-Us-Sunnah and other Qur'anic related material.

Umu 'Isa
08-31-2006, 02:44 AM
I have 180 GB. Why is Woodrow on the poll?

Dahir
08-31-2006, 02:51 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ladee_Maryam
I have 180 GB. Why is Woodrow on the poll?
He has an innumerable amount of HDD space. He's synonamous with HDD space among many of the bros.

If you have beyond 500GB, vote Woodrow.

lolwatever
08-31-2006, 08:35 AM
^ Woodrow, bribe him with some gigs in return for becoming a supermod ;D

Starseeker
08-31-2006, 11:34 AM
I thought a computer was just a computer....

Anyways, I checked and mine is 105 GB

The Ruler
08-31-2006, 11:42 AM

178 GB :)

:w:

lolwatever
08-31-2006, 11:48 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by zÂk
thts enuf for me... i dont need more :uhwhat

P.s: i dont appoint supermods :uhwhat
preparing for emo copycats coming up....... :hiding:

chacha_jalebi
08-31-2006, 11:50 AM
chank you for the step by step showin dahir:p

my one has 74.5 GB :D erm do i get some sort of reward now:D:D:D:D:D

The Ruler
08-31-2006, 04:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by chacha_jalebi
my one has 74.5 GB :D erm do i get some sort of reward now:D:D:D:D:D
yh u kinda do...:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

:lol:

MinAhlilHadeeth
08-31-2006, 04:49 PM
Argh... 18.6 GB. How embarrassing.:embarrass.

:wasalamex

Al-Hanbali
08-31-2006, 04:57 PM

It doesnt matter sis....as long it is enuff for you. :)

MinAhlilHadeeth
08-31-2006, 05:05 PM
It is I guess... ^o), kinda.

jello
08-31-2006, 06:06 PM

My laptop only has about 29 GB remaining :rollseyes :rollseyes

hasib
08-31-2006, 07:00 PM

80GB + 200GB + 200GB

Dahir
08-31-2006, 07:44 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by hasib

80GB + 200GB + 200GB

:confused: :vomit:

I feel like this has turned into some macho contest and I've been left in the dust. :uhwhat

Woodrow
08-31-2006, 07:48 PM

I feel like this has turned into some macho contest and I've been left in the dust. :uhwhat
If you had done it on bandwidth and connection speed instead of HDD size, I'd be the one crying and feeling lost. Right now if I got 2 tin cans and a piece of string to use as my Internet connection, I would call it an upgrade.

Dahir
08-31-2006, 08:23 PM
If you had done it on bandwidth and connection speed instead of HDD size, I'd be the one crying and feeling lost. Right now if I got 2 tin cans and a piece of string to use as my Internet connection, I would call it an upgrade.
:D

Well, you can't have your 20-pound cake and eat it too.

It still puzzles me what a man can do with a terabyte of space. :?

You can, however, turn at least 500GB into a server and rent it to small businesses. Think about it, many people are not PC-savvy, you can make your hard-drive work for you! *eureka* :D

M2A^AKIB^
08-31-2006, 08:49 PM

don't worry, u have a friend in the dust. ME...
12 GIGS..talk about embarrassment...
actually when u have upto like 500 gigs or more, isn't it really hard to find the files u r looking for?

Dahir
08-31-2006, 08:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ya Mustafa
don't worry, u have a friend in the dust. ME...
12 GIGS..talk about embarrassment...
actually when u have upto like 500 gigs or more, isn't it really hard to find the files u r looking for?
My thoughts exactly, and me, at 9GB, man, its tough finding a SINGLE-digit fella like me. :offended:

Its at least good to know that someone's hassling with HDD space and is in the struggle! :)

M2A^AKIB^
08-31-2006, 09:14 PM
My thoughts exactly, and me, at 9GB, man, its tough finding a SINGLE-digit fella like me. :offended:

Its at least good to know that someone's hassling with HDD space and is in the struggle! :)
i feel ur pain bro... i have been fighting with my dad(literally) for the last 2 years to buy a new pc. i don't know what he has in his minds... till i buy a new pc, i m stuck with this old junk...come on ppl... somebody step up... at least someone vote 10 or less gigs just to make brother Dahir Happy!!! even if it's not the real space u have.

Dahir
08-31-2006, 09:54 PM
i feel ur pain bro... i have been fighting with my dad(literally) for the last 2 years to buy a new pc. i don't know what he has in his minds... till i buy a new pc, i m stuck with this old junk...come on ppl... somebody step up... at least someone vote 10 or less gigs just to make brother Dahir Happy!!! even if it's not the real space u have.
They don't understand, man, that's the problem, they just don't know the struggle. :uhwhat

One day, they will, hopefully, well, not Woodrow, he'll never know the HDD struggle, neither will lolwatever or Samee.

Dahir
08-31-2006, 10:05 PM
If it's any consolation, my first (well more of a home) computer had 6.5 GB. :)
Well you've stepped up to 80GB, I'm STILL, in this modern age, at only 9GB...out of 5,000 forummers here, I've got the smallest hard-drive...:-[

WHO RUINED MY POLL??!!! :'(

Al-Hanbali
08-31-2006, 10:07 PM

My first computer had less than 5 GB :)

Dahir
08-31-2006, 10:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Taymullah

My first computer had less than 5 GB :)
My first computer had 60GB, but the one I have NOW has 9GB, how is this possible, why have I demoted myself?? :uhwhat :(

M2A^AKIB^
08-31-2006, 10:12 PM
My first computer had 60GB, but the one I have NOW has 9GB, how is this possible, why have I demoted myself?? :uhwhat :(
bro this is crazy... ur first pc had more space than the one u have now???:? :?
what happened to ur first pc?

Dahir
08-31-2006, 10:17 PM
bro this is crazy... ur first pc had more space than the one u have now???:? :?
what happened to ur first pc?
It got torn apart by viruses to no end, it was a disgusting and devestating scene. :offended:

Then my sister got me a temporary PC, the 9GB one. Then my dad too got me a temp. PC, like 300GB, then my sister offered to probe it, but left it in her car, left the door open...robbers...history...:uhwhat

M2A^AKIB^
08-31-2006, 10:26 PM
It got torn apart by viruses to no end, it was a disgusting and devestating scene. :offended:

Then my sister got me a temporary PC, the 9GB one. Then my dad too got me a temp. PC, like 300GB, then my sister offered to probe it, but left it in her car, left the door open...robbers...history...:uhwhat
poor u... for how long do u have this? and for how long do u intend to keep it?

Dahir
08-31-2006, 10:28 PM
poor u... for how long do u have this? and for how long do u intend to keep it?
I've had this since like January, and I intend on keeping it until this coming January...I'm getting a laptop with Microsoft Vista equipped. :)

Woodrow
08-31-2006, 10:56 PM
They don't understand, man, that's the problem, they just don't know the struggle. :uhwhat

One day, they will, hopefully, well, not Woodrow, he'll never know the HDD struggle, neither will lolwatever or Samee.
Oddly believe it or not, I'm already thinking I don't have enough HDD room. Thinking about adding a few more external drives. Right now I am doing a few things at the same time. I am burning video DVD's of Qur'an recitations to give as gifts to the Children in my grandson's Qur'an Study class. I'm printing the labels for the dvd's, I'm recording a TV documentary and saving it as a file to watch later. I'm converting an old Family VHS tape to DVD format to burn to DVD's later. I'm here on LI, Right now I have 6 windows open. One is for BOINC, One is here, One is a data site to learn a bit more about Newer PC stuff,Im burning that to a CD, One is my bank, One is a weather site, and the last is one of my image host sites I'm rearranging the files my stuff is in. In addition I have both the SETI and Eintsein Projects compiling the last data I received and after the program figures out what the Data means it will be sent back to them. Although the SETI program is the acronym for "Search for ExtraTerrestial Intelligence" that is actually just an artifact of the project. The basic and largest part of the project is the locating and identifying things like Quasars, Pulsars and Black Holes. It is similar to basic astronomer, only using a radio telescope insted of an optical one. The immensness of just the known universe, is beyond comprehension. Between August 27 and August 30 my pc did 235.59 Quadrillion floating -point operations. Althought those are tempoary operations and only stay on the PC for a short time I keep 100 GIG of space dedicated just for the SETI tempoary files. The portion of the sky that my pc is analysing is only the size of a pin head when looking at the sky with the naked eye. I was participating in SET before on my old PC, but after getting this one I started a new account and can now let them use a lot of drive space. I get data from the Radio telescope at Areceibo once an hour while I am on line and when I'm off line the PC compiles it all and does the computations then the results are sent back.

It is so over whelming to view the works of Allah(swt) I never get over just seeing how much there is just in the tiny speck that I will every see. To me the Greatest value of Projects like SETI is to see the majesty of Allah's(swt) creation.

lolwatever
09-01-2006, 12:48 AM

Ahem ahem, i spent 3 years battling on with 2gb drive, and then 8 gb.. and 3 years later i moved to terabyte levels lol

so i can sympathise with u guys ;)

Dahir
09-01-2006, 01:58 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by lolwatever
Ahem ahem, i spent 3 years battling on with 2gb drive, and then 8 gb.. and 3 years later i moved to terabyte levels lol

so i can sympathise with u guys ;)
No, man, you've lost your 2GB roots man, you've lost 'em!

You don't know the struggle, man, you're bedding with the hundred-gigabyte fancy folk, man, you've left us!!

:offended: :uhwhat :(

lolwatever
09-01-2006, 06:01 AM
^ your wifes comp? :p

lolwatever
09-01-2006, 06:11 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by z&#194;k
no way.
she'll b a comp illiterate[insha allah :p]
LOL hahahaha ;D you're so hiliarous lol

i acn understand why i guess... after the reputation you've built yourself here :p

you don't wnat her 2 hav a legal reason 4 divorce do u :p

Snowflake
09-01-2006, 06:26 AM
65.7GB :D

Akhi Woodrow, I noticed something about the Directors name on your certificate. David P. Anderson <

X Files actors - David Duchovny & Gillian Anderson, lol spooky eh?

Dahir
09-01-2006, 06:30 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimah_Sis
65.7GB :D

Akhi Woodrow, I noticed something about the Directors name on your certificate. David P. Anderson <

X Files actors - David Duchovny & Gillian Anderson, lol spooky eh?
Aaaah!!! What the heck!! :mad:

I used to watch that show when I was a kid and it used to scare the daylight out of me...so many terrible memories! :'(

I had long forgotten about the X Files, and now you've brought it back up!! :scared:

Snowflake
09-01-2006, 06:34 AM
^Lol. Blame Woodrow bro for that!

Dahir
09-01-2006, 06:36 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimah_Sis
^Lol. Blame Woodrow bro for that!
Aah! Suddenly I feel like the light coming from the windows are probes...:heated:

It was unnecessery for you to bring up the "files" but you did anyway! :offended:

Snowflake
09-01-2006, 06:48 AM
I can't help it if 'The Truth Is Out There' lololol!

Abdul-Raouf
09-01-2006, 02:30 PM
i have 38 GB... thinking of buyin xtra 80GB

Dahir
09-01-2006, 05:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muzammil
i have 38 GB... thinking of buyin xtra 80GB
Don't do it! Keep your GB where you are!!

You'd never want TOO much, would you? No, of course not, just be happy. :)

:uhwhat

Abdul-Raouf
09-02-2006, 12:32 PM
my hdd is flooding........... thats why

I R Paki
09-02-2006, 12:43 PM

afriend
09-02-2006, 01:00 PM
Heeey! :offended: they took away 173 of my posts...Oh well best get myself back to 10,000 before 6th ot I'm doomed....

me....12 Gb :offended: :'( I just backed my documents to CDs....:offended: NO FAIR!!!

Anyways, I'm upgrading my computer :D &#163;150, for this:

New motherboard (&#163;25) [ebuyer]

Product Description: MSI 649 Neo-V - mainboard - ATX - SiS649
Product Type: Mainboard
Form Factor: ATX
Dimensions (WxDxH): 30.5 cm x 18.5 cm
Chipset Type: SiS649 / SiS965L
Max Bus Speed: 800 MHz
Processor: 0 ( 1 ) - LGA775 Socket
Compatible Processors: Pentium 4, Celeron D
RAM: 0 MB (installed) / 2 GB (max)
Supported RAM Technology: DDR SDRAM
Storage Controller: ATA-133, Serial ATA-150
Audio Output: Sound card - 5.1 channel surround
Networking: Network adapter - Ethernet, Fast Ethernet

And a new processor :happy: (&#163;55.34)

Product Description: Intel Pentium 4 524 / 3.06 GHz processor
Product Type: Processor
Processor Type: Intel Pentium 4 524
64-bit Computing: Yes
Processor Socket: LGA775 Socket
Clock Speed: 3.06 GHz
Bus Speed: 533 MHz
Manufacturing Process: 90 nm
Cache Memory: L2 Advanced Transfer Cache - 1 MB
Features: Hyper-Threading Technology, Intel Extended Memory 64 Technology, Execute Disable Bit capability
Compatible Slots: 1 x processor - LGA775 Socket
Manufacturer Warranty: 3 years warranty

Plus a HDD (&#163;28.19) [eBuyer :wub:]

80Gb :) [That'll be good enuf until i get a second job and get myself 3 1400 Gbs from USA :happy: ;)]

Dahir
09-02-2006, 10:14 PM
^Is a GB-traitor!! :(

He's also a post-cheater!

Mujahidah4Allah
09-02-2006, 10:15 PM

ok i think i understand this afta the screen shots 61-80 GB i think :D

iqqy i have no idea wat ur on about :hiding: haha h8 comp stuff :offended:
ma'salamah

jzcasejz
09-02-2006, 10:41 PM

7.5gb...

only like 200mb left...:offended: ;D :giggling:

Woodrow
09-02-2006, 11:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Iqram
Heeey! :offended: they took away 173 of my posts...Oh well best get myself back to 10,000 before 6th ot I'm doomed....

me....12 Gb :offended: :'( I just backed my documents to CDs....:offended: NO FAIR!!!

Anyways, I'm upgrading my computer :D £150, for this:

New motherboard (£25) [ebuyer]

Product Description: MSI 649 Neo-V - mainboard - ATX - SiS649
Product Type: Mainboard
Form Factor: ATX
Dimensions (WxDxH): 30.5 cm x 18.5 cm
Chipset Type: SiS649 / SiS965L
Max Bus Speed: 800 MHz
Processor: 0 ( 1 ) - LGA775 Socket
Compatible Processors: Pentium 4, Celeron D
RAM: 0 MB (installed) / 2 GB (max)
Supported RAM Technology: DDR SDRAM
Storage Controller: ATA-133, Serial ATA-150
Audio Output: Sound card - 5.1 channel surround
Networking: Network adapter - Ethernet, Fast Ethernet

And a new processor :happy: (£55.34)

Product Description: Intel Pentium 4 524 / 3.06 GHz processor
Product Type: Processor
Processor Type: Intel Pentium 4 524
64-bit Computing: Yes
Processor Socket: LGA775 Socket
Clock Speed: 3.06 GHz
Bus Speed: 533 MHz
Manufacturing Process: 90 nm
Cache Memory: L2 Advanced Transfer Cache - 1 MB
Features: Hyper-Threading Technology, Intel Extended Memory 64 Technology, Execute Disable Bit capability
Compatible Slots: 1 x processor - LGA775 Socket
Manufacturer Warranty: 3 years warranty

Plus a HDD (£28.19) [eBuyer :wub:]

80Gb :) [That'll be good enuf until i get a second job and get myself 3 1400 Gbs from USA :happy: ;)]
You made some good choices. Should last a long time. The Motherboard has lots of room for upgrades as new Hardware comes out. Don't skimp on the RAM memory get 2 one gig sticks. I believe that although it shows the RAM capacity as 2 gig you will be able to use 2 gig sticks when they get affordable and have a total of 4 gigs. The RAM is one of the biggest factors for performance. Can never have too much.

afriend
09-03-2006, 10:08 AM
You made some good choices. Should last a long time. The Motherboard has lots of room for upgrades as new Hardware comes out. Don't skimp on the RAM memory get 2 one gig sticks. I believe that although it shows the RAM capacity as 2 gig you will be able to use 2 gig sticks when they get affordable and have a total of 4 gigs. The RAM is one of the biggest factors for performance. Can never have too much.
*strokes few prickles [AKA my lil' beard :p]*....Hmmm

Yeah, I'm going to have to buy new RAM too...Forgot about that :grumbling :hiding: :offended: :rant: +&#163;30....or perhaps $30 [&#163;15] (Best buy :happy::happy::happy::happy::happy:) for two 1 Gb sticks....I'm a bit skint unless I get a second job....Inshallah, I'll have enough by the end of this year to upgrade :) [Pray I get my second job...PLEASE!!!]

But oh wait...eBuyer has done it once again :)

1GB DDR PC2700 333MHz 184pin Extra Value Ram (&#163;13.46) :wub: I LOVE EBUYER ;D

So I'll have 2 of those.....I'll have to wait until they update their prices and stuff....Sometimes what you see isn't always trustable.

Vitor Blitz
09-04-2006, 11:15 PM
80 gb in total but its been 3 years since I bought it, now I'm down to 1.2 gb left!

vpb
09-05-2006, 06:49 AM
80GB and 60GB

Dahir
09-05-2006, 10:02 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Vitor Blitz
80 gb in total but its been 3 years since I bought it, now I'm down to 1.2 gb left!
I have 9GB total, and I'm down to 2GB. :uhwhat

Woodrow
09-05-2006, 10:14 PM
I have 9GB total, and I'm down to 2GB. :uhwhat
Your quickest, easiest and cheapest upgrade would be to get a USB external HDD and upgrade your mother board to the max. RAM it can hold. Would give you lots of gig, more spead and not cost a fortune, then you can join the many GIG club.

lolwatever
09-06-2006, 01:48 AM
won't be long b4 i found 'club tera' ;D

FollowingAlhuda
01-23-2007, 08:56 PM
17.5 GB

is that good?

Abu Ibraheem
01-23-2007, 08:58 PM
ahhhh lol big respect to woodrow - nice diagram , this thread has certainly gave me the giggles .... i wish i had a com that sized up to woodrows! i guess this thread was a joke.. yeh i laughed

aamirsaab
01-23-2007, 09:59 PM
120 gb. Goes fast when it's shared between 5 other members of your family.

root
01-23-2007, 10:16 PM
Let's face it. Anything more than a 120gb becomes nothing more than an extention of the recycle bin! But hey, it's a great product given to us by the good ole USA

England
01-23-2007, 10:27 PM
That's funny, or maybe not :confused:

On the front of my HP tower it says 80Gb hard drive. I then check it via C Drive and it says 69.5Gb :uuh: Have they scammed me?

Maybe it's not 3.0GHz either but 1.5 :uuh: :mad:

M.I.A.
01-23-2007, 10:40 PM
35gig on my laptop.. which is pretty amazin seeing as how old it is. probably had it for 5 years.
250gig on the home computer.. its the graphics card that makes me miss that thing, but lets not go there:nervous:

Woodrow
01-23-2007, 11:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by England
That's funny, or maybe not :confused:

On the front of my HP tower it says 80Gb hard drive. I then check it via C Drive and it says 69.5Gb :uuh: Have they scammed me?

Maybe it's not 3.0GHz either but 1.5 :uuh: :mad:
No because you probably have a virtual D drive for restore, which is not a seperate drive but a partition on the C drive, also you need to subtract for your OS which will come off of the 80 gig.

limitless
01-23-2007, 11:24 PM

I have a 384GB HD, but if I add all the HD I got, it would be 1TB space ;D. I still only use 20% of that space lol. It is good for multiple OS I have, and virtual OS I have and software.

M2A^AKIB^
01-23-2007, 11:27 PM
got a new one with 250 gigs. 1.87 ghz core 2 duo prcessor. :D

Woodrow
01-23-2007, 11:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by limitless

I have a 384GB HD, but if I add all the HD I got, it would be 1TB space ;D. I still only use 20% of that space lol. It is good for multiple OS I have, and virtual OS I have and software.

I have nearly 2 TB now and I am nearly 80% filled. Although much of that is temporary and comes and goes quickly. I have a very large number of home movies stored on it that I am slowly transcoding and burning to DVD plus I am logged into SETI 24/7 and have donated 500 gigs of space for number crunching until August.

M2A^AKIB^
01-24-2007, 01:24 AM
I have nearly 2 TB now and I am nearly 80% filled. Although much of that is temporary and comes and goes quickly. I have a very large number of home movies stored on it that I am slowly transcoding and burning to DVD plus I am logged into SETI 24/7 and have donated 500 gigs of space for number crunching until August.
:uuh: :uuh: :uuh:

Abu Ibraheem
01-24-2007, 01:03 PM
yeh, the internet would not exist if it werent for woodrow, if anything exists , websites so forth , then his com must be the mother storage .

aamirsaab
01-24-2007, 02:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by root
Let's face it. Anything more than a 120gb becomes nothing more than an extention of the recycle bin! But hey, it's a great product given to us by the good ole USA
Ah such is life.

Sabbir_1
01-24-2007, 04:15 PM
100, 000 Gb

shible
01-24-2007, 04:25 PM
Assalamu alaikkum(warah)

I have 160 Gb on board and 80 Gb off board

Sabbir_1
01-24-2007, 05:09 PM
i have a 300gb external hard drive and a 30gb in internal hd

Woodrow
01-24-2007, 05:51 PM
To be honest for the majority of home PC users 160 GBs is more than adequate. The only reason I built mine as a monster is because I know it is my last PC. I wanted it to still be a functional device for my grand children. I figure that the way it is, and with periodic upgrades it should have 10 years of usable time.

The monster is loaded with stuff I wanted the grandkids to have and things they are interested in. Lots of home movies, tons of educational games, lots of very creative soft ware programs, Lots of step by step information for their future science fair projects. everything a Grand father wants his grandkids to have.

If it had not been for the grandkids, I would have been happy with an 80 gig laptop and would have bought a car with the left over money. (OOOps, what would I do with a car?)

ABWAN
01-26-2007, 06:09 AM
I agree with someone who said anything more than 100 GB means we are storing way too much that what we normally use.

Personally, I am so lazy that I dont delete the unwanted stuff to free up some space.I keep buying more HDD. I am still running out of HDD space , which means I am keeping on adding all the crap that I hardly even use!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.