/* */

PDA

View Full Version : New sister needs help.

anonymous
08-30-2006, 11:12 PM
I am told that upon coverting to Islam Allah will forgive our previous sins so long as we refrain from committing them again.

What should a new sister do if someone is digging in her past trying to uncover her sins that occured more than 3yrs prior and then using them to make arguements with her, to spread bad words about her to others, and all in all just to make her feel bad about her past.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Jayda
08-30-2006, 11:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
I am told that upon coverting to Islam Allah will forgive our previous sins so long as we refrain from committing them again.

What should a new sister do if someone is digging in her past trying to uncover her sins that occured more than 3yrs prior and then using them to make arguements with her, to spread bad words about her to others, and all in all just to make her feel bad about her past.
maybe you should tell them that you do not want people to know about this and ask them to stop...

Serene
08-30-2006, 11:40 PM
Salaam sister,

First of all, you have to pray to Allah a prayer of need of prayer of hajah, to ask Allah to protect from such evil deeds.

Second of all, always take pride in the fact that Allah loves you and has chosen an elected you over millions of people to become muslim and guided to the Staright Path inshaa Allah.

Third, be sure that nothing will ever hurt you or benefit you except what Allah has destined for you.

Fourth, just believe that a person is judged not by what he used to be or used to do, but what he is right now, and even better by what he is trying to achieve.

Last but not least, Allah have mercy for all His creatures, obedient and disobedient, or else no disbeliever would have been provided with a sip of water. SO if Allah has had mercy upon you and protected you when you were sinning, how about when you are on His Straight Path?

Fear no one for Allah is the best of Protectors

DigitalStorm82
08-31-2006, 02:23 AM
Asalamu Alaikum Sis,

If the person that is trying to dig up your past is a muslim... remind him of his/her wrong doing... You're previous sins have been forgiven completely and you are no longer held liable for anything you did in the pre-islamic period of your life.

If this individual is non-muslim... Then it is just ignorance on their part... and I'd advise you to be patient.

No matter what... you've been forgiven, Inshallah.

You have no need to feel bad about it.

May the grace and blessings of Allah be with you.

W'salaamz,
Hamid

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
BeeBee
08-31-2006, 02:45 AM
Bismilah
Asalamalaikum

Dear Anonymous

Please give the Sister this Hadith, InshaAllah it'll bring her Heart, Mind, & Soul, Solace and comfort.

On the authority of Anas, who said:
I heard the messenger of Allah say:
Allah the Almighty has said: "O son of Adam, so long as you call upon Me and ask of Me, I shall forgive you for what you have done, and I shall not mind. O son of Adam, were your sins to reach the clouds of the sky and were you then to ask forgiveness of Me, I would forgive you. O son of Adam, were you to come to Me with sins nearly as great as the earth and were you then to face Me, ascribing no partner to Me, I would bring you forgiveness nearly as great as its."
[related by Al-Tirmithi, who said that it was a good and sound Hadith].

Give her Glad Tidings, Tell her that Allah is all she should worry about, He is the All-Seerer & The Al-Knower. Allah is the only Judge. We are humans we make mistakes, we repent we turn to Allah. Don't care about those people, on the day of Judgement they'll be the ashamed ones, (unless they repent).

Tell her stories about Umar Ibn aL-kHatab and how he had intentions to kill the prophet (saw) yet he ended up becoming a Muslim, and if it wasn't for Umar's dedication in Spreading Islam many of us would not be Muslim's today.

Allah turns Hearts.:)

May Allah guide those who try to harm this Sister, Tell her that Allah loves those who repent, no matter what they've done.:)

and Give her my Salams:)

glo
08-31-2006, 06:29 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous

God may have forgiven this sister - but that doesn't mean the person who she was wronged has! It also doesn't mean that the sister has forgiven herself!

As a Christian I believe that sin has consequences. If I lie and hurt somebody's feelings, those scars are likely to remain and continue to affect our friendship.
God's forgiveness alone is not enough - he asks us to work things through on a human level, too.

Perhaps this sister has to go back and rectify things she has done wrong in her past.

When I became a Christian, I realised how much wrong I had committed against my step-father - and I felt I had to go back and sort these things out with him. It wasn't easy (because we had never had a good relationship, and I had gone a long way to make sure of that!), but it wasn't until I had done so and we had made peace between us, that I felt truly cleansed and forgiven.

Following God is not an easy option (although 'old' believers sometimes give that impression to 'new' believers). God requires us to work hard on ourselves, and he will prick our conscience until we take the right action - or he will send people or situation who prompt us to do so.

Perhaps this helps ...

peace. :)

Zulkiflim
09-01-2006, 02:59 AM
Salaam,

This is a closed and shut case.

You are forgiven all sin when you covnert but that does not mean you forget or are over that embarrasing incident.

If it makes you uncomfortable then you should face it and own up to it,it is for your own good.
Admit freely and say by Allah,if i had known i would do differently and what is in the past will be in the past and Inhsallah as i bcome muslim,i hope my new brothers and sisters will help me not to make the same mistake again..

So that it ,you are forgiven but have you forgiven yourself?

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.