/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Chavez vows to Support Syria (AGAINST U.S.)

Dahir
08-30-2006, 11:39 PM
DAMASCUS, Syria — Thousands of Syrians lined the streets of the capital Wednesday waving banners and flags to welcome Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez, who pledged to stand by Syria in opposition to American "imperialist aggression" in the Middle East.

Syrian President Bashar Assad hosted Chavez at the People's Palace, where the two leaders strolled down a red carpet alongside a 21-gun salute while a marching band played the Syrian and Venezuelan national anthems.

CountryWatch: Venezuela

"We have the same political vision and we will resist together the American imperialist aggression," Chavez told reporters upon his arrival at the Damascus airport late Tuesday. He said the two countries will sign a document opposing U.S. "aggression" in the Middle East.

Assad greeted Chavez at the airport and thanked him for his support for Middle Eastern nations, saying the Venezuelan president has made "great stands" in support of Arab causes.

"We appreciate your sincere feelings toward the peoples who have their rights and are under occupation, as well as your sincere humanitarian and moral sentiments," Assad was quoted as saying through an interpreter.

Chavez has built close ties with Iran, Syria and other Mideast countries while his relations have grown tense with the U.S. and Israel.

Earlier this month, Chavez compared Israel's attacks on Hezbollah militants in Lebanon to the Holocaust and withdrew Venezuela's ambassador to the Jewish state. Israel responded by recalling its ambassador to Venezuela, criticizing what it called Chavez's "wild slurs."

Last month, Chavez visited Iran and received the country's highest state medal for supporting Tehran in its nuclear standoff with the international community. Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad called the South American leader "a brother and trench mate."
Source

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
lavikor201
08-30-2006, 11:51 PM
Shouldn't Hugo Chavez be worrying about:
  • The Millions of Venezuelan adults who are illiterate.
  • Amending the constitution so that he can run again for president in 2012. (he said it)
  • Trying to cover up the election he fixed.
  • Trying to stop the endless reports of police brutality and human rights violations.
  • Supporting Fidel Castro's communist grip on the Cuban people.
  • The Venezuelan economy that is sinking as more go below the poverty line each and every year since he came in power.
  • The Venezuelan inflation rate.
  • The number of groups in Venezuela planning on ending his fraudulent government that was involved in voter fraud.

Dahir
08-30-2006, 11:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by lavikor201

• The Millions ofVenezuelan adults who are illiterate.
  • Amending the constitution so that he can run again for president in 2012.
  • Trying to stop the endless reports of police brutality and human rights violations.
Apparently, his attention isn't with his people, but rather defending Middle Eastern interests half-way across the world, he's a nutjob if you ask me.

The only time Middle Eastern interests should concern a nation is when oil in involved, and Venezuela has lots of that - so he's debatable an idiot, with a stamp to boot!

My 2 Cents.

brainiac
08-31-2006, 12:09 AM
Chavez is a buffoon. Watch for when he declares himself 'president for life', like his buddies, Fidel and Bashar. It's coming.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Dahir
08-31-2006, 12:40 AM
It is about the same in level of constructiveness.
Agree to Disagree and enjoy the show.

Ghazi
08-31-2006, 12:46 AM
  • The Millions of Venezuelan adults who are illiterate.
  • Amending the constitution so that he can run again for president in 2012. (he said it)
  • The Venezuelan economy that is sinking as more go below the poverty line each and every year since he came in power.
  • The Venezuelan inflation rate.
  • The number of groups in Venezuela planning on ending his fraudulent government that was involved in voter fraud.
:sl:

The Same can be said about the US and UK but I'm pretty sure you got a come back in line

lavikor201
08-31-2006, 12:47 AM
The Same can be said about the US and UK but I'm pretty sure you got a come back in line
:p do you want to here the comeback line... lol. :):D :D

QuranStudy
08-31-2006, 12:50 AM
do you want to here the comeback line... lol.

Jayda
08-31-2006, 12:51 AM
i definitely agree with chavez about american foreign policy in latin america... but i think he is a very bad man, like pinoche or like the PRI in Mexico... i wish south america could escape this cycle of dictatorships...

brainiac
08-31-2006, 01:23 AM
http://www.indiadaily.com/editorial/7301.asp

format_quote Originally Posted by QuranStudy
Quit smoking pot.
Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez will seek a constitutional amendment to extend his presidency until 2031
Media Release
Mar. 7, 2006

According to media reports, Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez will seek a constitutional amendment to extend his presidency until 2031 should opposition parties boycott the Dec. 3 presidential election. Chavez said in his weekly radio and television address March 5 that the United States was orchestrating the potential opposition boycott in an effort to undermine his presidency. The Dec. 3 election is the last one in which Chavez can legally participate under current laws.

Is that close enough to 'president for life' ? The guy is a dictator in training and YOU might want to put the pipe down, genius.

brainiac
08-31-2006, 01:33 AM
http://www.iran-daily.com/1385/2556/html/politic.htm

Chavez Seeking 25-Year Tenure

CARACAS, Venezuela, May 7--President Hugo Chavez said that Venezuelan voters should have the chance to decide whether he should govern the country for the next 25 years, AP said.
Speaking at a stadium packed with supporters in central Lara state, Chavez said he would hold a referendum to put the question of his remaining in office to Venezuelans if the opposition pulls out of upcoming presidential elections.
“I am going to ask you, all the people, if you agree with Chavez being president until 2031,“ he said.
It was not clear if Chavez was talking about holding a legally binding vote to eliminate term limits or proposing a plebiscite.
Chavez said Friday that he said he might seek “indefinite“ reelection through a referendum if the opposition boycotts the presidential vote.
“I would call a national referendum to have the people decide if I can continue here indefinitely or if I have to go after six years,“ he said.
Opposition leaders accuse Chavez, a former paratroop commander first elected in 1998, of becoming increasingly authoritarian and opening dangerous divisions along class lines in Venezuela--the world’s fifth largest oil exporter.
The Venezuelan Constitution allows a president to be reelected only once in immediate succession. Chavez is eligible for reelection to another six-year term in December, but if he wins he would not be able to run again in 2012.
Polls indicate Chavez is likely to win the Dec. 3 election, and international observers have signed off on recent votes as fair.
Four government opponents have announced plans to run against Chavez, although not all have agreed to participate in primaries to choose a single opposition candidate.

Here's some quotes from his buddies the Iranians, another bunch of buffoons. ;D

Dahir
08-31-2006, 04:18 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jayda
i definitely agree with chavez about american foreign policy in latin america... but i think he is a very bad man, like pinoche or like the PRI in Mexico... i wish south america could escape this cycle of dictatorships...
Well said. He's on to imperialist plans in Latin America, but its best he also focuses on domestic issues and not foreign.

Muezzin
08-31-2006, 08:34 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by brainiac
Chavez is a buffoon. Watch for when he declares himself 'president for life', like his buddies, Fidel and Bashar. It's coming.
Yeah, but Fidel is president for life, more or less.

Hashim_507
08-31-2006, 08:53 AM
Chavez is better than Bush or Blair, he never invades iraq or afghanistan. Also he never murdered thousands of innocent people, he is better than than Bush.

Jayda
08-31-2006, 02:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dahir
Well said. He's on to imperialist plans in Latin America, but its best he also focuses on domestic issues and not foreign.
i do not think that america is intentially like this to the third world... i kind of have the ability to see and experience this on both sides... americans do not understand that getting everything they want for the lowest prices can only happen at the expense of people in the third world... the government has done very bad things though... like installing dictatorships and funding brutal drug lords... it has held latin america back for a very long time...

chavez is a very bad man... he reminds me of some of the PRI officers who were very good at smoothing over the bad things they did by talking about injustice and imperialism... i think he will accomplish a lot for venezuela but im afraid at what cost...

Samee
08-31-2006, 02:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hashim_507
Chavez is better than Bush or Blair, he never invades iraq or afghanistan. Also he never murdered thousands of innocent people, he is better than than Bush.
:sl:

Agreed. It's a little surprising that he is getting himself involved in a fiasco as big as this, but everyone has their own agendas and he obviously has something planned for him and his country.

:w:

AvarAllahNoor
08-31-2006, 02:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by brainiac
Idi Amin did that didn't he! - He did in SA

AvarAllahNoor
08-31-2006, 02:43 PM
That's because he has little time, as he's far to busy killing his own people!!

QuranStudy
08-31-2006, 03:59 PM
That's because he has little time, as he's far to busy killing his own people!!
Where's Colin Powell when you need him??

brainiac
08-31-2006, 09:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
Yeah, but Fidel is president for life, more or less.

Don't worry, Hugo will finagle a way to make himself 'Il Duce' or something stupid like that. And then South America can replace this so-called 'American imperialism' with some old fashioned totalitarianism. And much like 'Il Duce', Hugo is an idiot. Time will tell.

brainiac
08-31-2006, 09:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AvarAllahNoor
Idi Amin did that didn't he! - He did in SA

Uganda.

Ninth_Scribe
09-01-2006, 06:10 PM
They *ALL* suck (pond water)! Men!!!

Ninth Scribe

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.