/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Sura AL-Fatiha(The Opening) Verses 6-7

Dr. Jawad
08-31-2006, 03:22 PM
Sura Al-Fatiha(The Opening)

Verse 6: Show* us the straight way**.

Verse 7: The Way of those on whom You have bestowed Your Grace, ***
not (the way) of those who earned Your Anger(such as the Jews), nor of those who went astray**** (such as the Christians).*****
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

* If we translate by the English word “guide,” we shall have to say: Guide us to and in the straight Way.” For we may be wandering aimlessly, and the first step is to find the Way; and is often the narrow Way, or the steep Way, which many people shun. By the world’s perversity the straight Way is sometimes stigmatized and the crooked Way praised. How are we to judge? We must ask for God’s guidance. With a little spiritual insight we shall see which are the people who walk in the light of God’s grace, and which are those that walk in the darkness of Wrath. This also would help our judgement.

** Guidance is of two kinds:

a) Guidance of Taufiq i.e. totally from Allah, i.e. Allah opens one’s heart to receive the truth (from disbelief to Belief in Islamic Monotheism).

b) Guidance of Irshad i.e. through preaching by Allah’s Messengers and pious preachers who preach the truth i.e. Islamic Monotheism.

*** [(i.e. the way of the Prophets, the Siddiqun (i.e. those followers of the Prophet, who were first and foremost to believe in them, like Abu Bakr As-Siddiq), the martyrs and righteous, [as Allah SWT said: “ And whoso obeys Allah and the Messenger Muhammad PBUH), then they will be in the company of those on whom Allah has bestowed His Grace, of the Prophets, the Siddiquin, the martyrs, and the righteousness. And how excellent these companions are!]

**** Are these two categories?----those who are in the darkness of Wrath and those who stray? The first are those who deliberately break God’s law; the second those who stray out of carelessness or negligence. Both are responsible for their own acts or omissions. In opposition to both are the people who are in the light of God’s Grace: for His Grace not only protects them from active wrong( if they will only submit their will to Him) but also from straying into paths of temptation or carelessness. The negative gair should be construed as applying not to the way, but as describing men protected from two dangers by God’s Grace.

*****Narrated Ubadah bin As-Samit (Radhi Allah unh Taalah): Allah’s Messenger PBUH said, “Whoever does not recite Surat Al-Fatiha in his prayer, his prayer is invalid.” (Sahih Al- Bukhari, Vol.1, Hadith No. 723)

Narrated Abu Hurairah (R.A.Taalah): Allah’s Messenger PBUH said, “When the Imam says: Ghairil- maghdubi alaihim walad-daillin. [i.e. not the way of those who earned Your Anger, nor the way of those who went astray(1:7)], then you must say, Amin coincides with that of the angels, then his past sins will be forgiven.” (Sahih Al- Bukhari, Vol.6, Hadith No.2).

End of Surat Al-Fatiha

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Dr. Jawad
08-31-2006, 03:27 PM
The interpretations were taken by At- Tabari, Al- Qurtubi, and Ibn Kathir with comments from Sahih Al-Bukhari. The English Translation is by Dr. Muhammad Taqi-ud-Din Al- Hilali, Dr. Muhammad Mushsin Khan, and Abdullah Yusuf Ali.

QuranStudy
08-31-2006, 03:35 PM
Can you provide us a link? Interesting...

Dr. Jawad
08-31-2006, 04:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by QuranStudy
Can you provide us a link? Interesting...

Brother, you mean the website where I quoted all the interpretations from? I am sorry I didnt get you as I am not very computer literate.
I have typed the whole tafsir from the references I have mentioned above. I hope thats what you are asking for. Kindly clarify.

Jazakallah
:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
^..sTr!vEr..^
08-31-2006, 05:16 PM
i guess he means can u provide us ith the source or the website from whereu took this translation..even i also wanna know the whole thg..plz tell us.

Dr. Jawad
08-31-2006, 08:10 PM
The interpretations were taken by At- Tabari, Al- Qurtubi, and Ibn Kathir with comments from Sahih Al-Bukhari. The English Translation is by Dr. Muhammad Taqi-ud-Din Al- Hilali, Dr. Muhammad Mushsin Khan, and Abdullah Yusuf Ali.

I have typed from these sources. I have two Holy Quran translations at my home and I got it from them.

I hope thats what you are asking for. I didn't get it from net.

I try my best to proofread what I have written and I believe the above sources are very authentic as quoting something wrong or from unreliable sources itself is wrong and will cause gunaah rather than gaining any sawab.

To be honest, the whole intention as I was mentioning in the thread "Opinion on daily interpretation of Holy Quran" was that it can be as much as use to us Muslims and the non Muslims that visit this site and they can learn as much as they can from the Glorious Quran. Rest, MashaALLAH there are excellent threads being posted by the members in this forum on day to day basis. So I thought that if we also start the tafseer(interpretation) that would be another plus point for all.
Jazakallah

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.