/* */

PDA

View Full Version : He speaks only Tawheed!

Khaldun
08-31-2006, 10:12 PM
:sl:

They showed this old man on Sharjah who only could say La Ilaha Ilalah. Anything he was asked he could only say this reply, and he could read Quran. They said he was frequent in the circles of knowledge at Masjid-ul-Haram etc.
He got a stroke and was left in this state.

Yet we waste our precious time with as much vain talk as we possibly can.

Makes you think.

SubhanAllah!

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Al-Hanbali
08-31-2006, 10:19 PM

Subhanallah. This is just like the woman who only spoke the Qur'an

Someone came and asked her where are you going? and she quoted the Ayaat from Surah Isra Chapter 17 Ayaat 1. This indicating she was travelling to Al-Quds.....and the story goes on.

The women only spoke from the Qur'an subhanllah to communicate with the people. :)

Maybe someone could elaborate on this story if they know it.

Umm Yoosuf
08-31-2006, 10:19 PM

Makes you think.
:w:

Yeah it does. Subhan Allah. Barakallahu Feek.

Far7an
08-31-2006, 10:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Taymullah

Subhanallah. I heard of this story that there was a woman who only spoke the Qur'an

Someone came and asked her where are you going? and she quoted the Ayaat from Surah Isra Chapter 17 Ayaat 1. This indicating she was travelling to Al-Quds.....and the story goes on.

The women only spoke from the Qur'an subhanllah to communicate with the people. :)

Yeah subhanallah, the lady who met with Ibn al Mubarak. Whatever question he asked her she would reply with a verse from the qur'an.

Khaldun, jazaakallah khayr for that story.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Al-Hanbali
08-31-2006, 10:24 PM

Can we view this video somewhere by any chance?

arabiyyah
09-01-2006, 02:11 AM
wow! amazing. great story

S_87
09-01-2006, 11:16 AM

wow SubhanAllah.

its like the saying old habits die hard works two ways Alhumdulillah

MinAhlilHadeeth
09-01-2006, 11:19 AM
Wasting our time with idle talk is something we all have to work on, some more than others. It's easy to forget that angels are scribbling down every letter that we say (or type).

JazakAllah khayr for this reminder.

:wasalamex

The Ruler
09-01-2006, 11:56 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Khaldun

Makes you think.
yes it does makes me think abt how stupid n ridiculous tlks i v at tyms wid ppl :heated:

May Allah forgive our sins :'(

Musalmaan
09-01-2006, 12:39 PM
masha'Allah his tasting the sweetness and coolness of Emaan in his heart.

http://www.lutonmuslims.co.uk/Pearls.htm#Reference

Mujahidah4Allah
09-01-2006, 12:49 PM

yes sub7anAllah it's really amazing.

bro Taymullah yeah i've read her story its really good in the end she was taking ayahs about names so the pious man called out the names and they were her sons i remember only Ibrahim... anyways excellent stuff :) jazakAllah khair for sharing bro Khaldun :)

ma'salamah

wafa islam
09-07-2006, 05:34 PM
:salamext:

Subhana Allah wa bihamdih, Astaghfirullah, Wa atoubu ilayhi.

Makes you think.
Yes our time is precious, and we should use it to do dhikr.
Astaghriullahu lee wa lakum.

:wasalamex

wafa islam
09-07-2006, 05:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dhul-Fiqhar

Subhanallah. This is just like the woman who only spoke the Qur'an

I have never heard this before. Can some brothers or sisters post this Insha Allah ?

Jaza Kum Ullah khayr

Musalmaan
09-08-2006, 05:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by wafa islam

I have never heard this before. Can some brothers or sisters post this Insha Allah ?

Jaza Kum Ullah khayr

An elderly Arab lady was sitting at the trunk of a tree, on the way to Haj. Hadhrat Abdullah bin Mubarak (RA) happened to pass that way. He was also heading for Baitullah, for Hajj, and to the Sacred tomb of the Holy Prophet (Sallallaahu -layhi Wasallam). Seeing this lady very disturbed and in a state of despair, (distressed) he spoke to her. The discussion is recorded as follows: Hadhrat Abdullah bin Mubarak (RA): Assalamu Alaykum wa RahmatullahThe lady: The word from a merciful Lord is Peace (Surah 36 Aayat 58).She meant that the reply of salaam is from Allah, Most High, Himself.

She meant that the reply of salaam is from Allah, Most High, Himself.She said further: Those whom Allah sendeth astray, there is no guide for them. (Surah 7 Aayat 186). She meant that she has lost her way.

Hadhrat Abdullah bin Mubarak (RA): Where are you coming from?The lady: Glorified be He who carried His servant by night from the Musjid-e-Aqsa (invioble place of worship) to the Musjid-e-Haraam(Far distant place of worship) (Surah17 Aayat1). She meant that she had come from Musjid-e-Aqsa.

Hadhrat Abdullah bin Mubarak (RA): How long are you in this place?The lady: For three nights (Surah 19 Aayat10).

Hadhrat Abdullah bin Mubarak (RA): What arrangements are made for your food?The lady: And who (Allah) feedeth me and watereth me (Surah 26 Aayat 79). She meant that somehow or the other, her food is provided to her by Allah.

Hadhrat Abdullah bin Mubarak (RA): Is there any water for Wudhu?The lady: And ye find not water, then go to high clean soil and (make tayammum) rub your faces and hands. (therewith) (Surah 4 Aayat 43).She meant that she makes tayammum, due to not finding water.

Hadhrat Abdullah bin Mubarak (RA): Here is some food. Partake of it.The lady: Strictly observe the fast till nightfall (Surah 2 Aayat 187).She indicated that she is fasting.

Hadhrat Abdullah bin Mubarak (RA): This is not the month of Ramadaan.The lady: And he who does good of his own accord (for him) lo! Allah is responsive, aware. (Surah 2 Aayat158) Meaning that I have observed an optional (nafl) fast.

Hadhrat Abdullah bin Mubarak (RA): It is permitted to break the fast when in a journey.The lady: And that ye fast is better for you, if you did but know. (Surah 2 Aayat 184).

Hadhrat Abdullah bin Mubarak (RA): Speak like how I speak.The lady: He (man) uttereth no word but there is with him an observer ready (Surah 50 Aayat 18). She meant that since every word of a person is observed and recorded, she is taking precaution by speaking only in the words of the Holy Quran.

Hadhrat Abdullah bin Mubarak (RA): Which clan do you belong to?The lady: Follow not that whereof thou hast no knowledge, lo! The hearing and the sight and heart of each of these it will be asked (Surah 17 Aayat36). She meant those things that you have no knowledge of, nor do they concern you, you are wasting your strength (senses) byenquiring about them.

Hadhrat Abdullah bin Mubarak (RA): Forgive me. I have certainly made a mistake.The lady: Have no fear this day. May Allah forgive you (Surah 12 Aayat 92)

Hadhrat Abdullah bin Mubarak (RA): Would you like to travel on my camel and meet your caravan?The lady: And whatsoever good ye do Allah knoweth it (Surah 2 Aayat 197). Meaning that if you will do this good deeds towards me, Allah will recompense you for it.

Hadhrat Abdullah bin Mubarak (RA): Well, then you may mount it.Saying this he made the camel to sit down.The lady: Tell the believing men (when confronted by women) to lower their gaze. (Surah 24 Aayat 30).

Hadhrat Abdullah understood and (turned) looked away. While she was mounting, the camel jerked and her clothes got strangled in the saddle (dorsers) and she proclaimed: whatever of misfortune striketh you, it is what your hands have earned. (Surah 42 Aayat 30). In other words she was drawing Hadhrat Abdullah bin Mubarak's (RA) attention towards thismishap. Hadhrat Abdullah bin Mubarak (RA) understood and he tied the legs of the camel and he straightened the straps of the saddle (or dorser).She applauded him for his proficiency and capability by saying And we made Sulaiman to understand (Surah 21 Aayat 79). When the journey was about to begin, the lady recited the Aayats which are read when undertaking a journey Glorified be he who hath subdued these unto us, and we were not capable (of subduing them). And lo, unto our Lord we are returning. (Surah 43 Aayat 13). Hadhrat Abdullh bin Mubarak (RA) held the bridle (or nose string) of the camel. He began to hum the (Huddi) famous Arabic song for travelling, and he started walking very fast.The lady: Be modest in thy bearing and subdue thy voice (Surah 31 Aayat 19). Hadhrat Abdullah bin Mubarak (RA) understood. He began walking slower and he lowered his voice.The lady: Recite of the Quran that which is easy for you. She meant that instead of humming the Huddi, he should rather recite the Holy Quran. Hadhrat Abdullah bin Mubarak (RA) began reciting the Holy Quran.The lady became very pleased and said but none remember (accept advice) except men of understanding (Surah 2 Aayat 269). After reciting the Holy Quran for a while, Hadhrat Abdullah bin Mubarak (RA) asked (the lady if she had a husband) (if he was alive) O Aunt, have have you a husband? (meaning is he living) The lady: O you who believe, ask not of things which if they were made known unto you, would trouble you (Surah 5 Aayat 101). She meant that no questions should be asked regarding this matter which indicated that her husband has most probably passed away.

Finally they (caught up) met the caravan. Hadhrat Abdullah bin Mubarak (RA): Do you have any son or relative (friend) in this caravan who has connection (contact) with you?The lady: Wealth and children are an ornament of life of the world (Surah 18 Aayat 46). She meant that her sons were with this caravan and he has provisions with him.

Hadhrat Abdullah bin Mubarak (RA): What work are your sons doing for the caravan? (Hadhrat Abdullah's object for asking was to make it easy for him to recognise her son).The lady: And landmarks, and by the star they find a way (Surah 16 Aayat 16). She meant that he is a guide for the caravan.

Hadhrat Abdullah bin Mubarak (RA): Can you tell me their name?The lady: Allah chose Ibrahim as (for) a friend (Surah 4 Aayat 125). And Allah spoke directly unto Moosa (Surah 19 Aayat 12). By reciting these Aayats the lady informed him that her sons names were Yahya, Ibrahim and Moosa. Hadhrat Abdullah bin Mubarak (RA) called out these names in the caravan and immediately three young people came forward.The lady: (addressing her children) Now send one of you with this your silver coin unto the city. And let him see what food is purest there and bring you a supply thereof (Sura 18 Aayat 19) In other words she instructed them to feed Hadhrat Abdullah (RA).When the food was brought, she told Hadhrat Abdullah bin Mubarak (RA):Eat and drink at ease for that which ye sent on before you in the past days. (Surah 69 Aayat 24), and with this Aayat she recited another Aayat, the object of which was to convey her gratefulness to him for his good conduct and courtesy. The Aayat was: Is the reward of goodness aught save goodness? (Surah 55 Aayat 60). Their conversation terminated on this Aayat. The lady's son informed Hadhrat Abdullah bin Mubarak (RA) that his mother has been speaking in this manner, i.e. using only the Aayats of the Holy Quran in her speech, for the last 40 years

wafa islam
09-08-2006, 06:11 PM

Jaza kAllahu khayr, Jaza kAllahu khayr

Alhamdulillah, so beautiful story, Alhamdulillah. She (may Allah be pleased with her) spoke like that for 40 years. Subhan Allah wa bihamdih. May Allah be pleased with her and with the brother who speaks only tawheed and with all of us and our parents.

Amiin

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.