/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Britain now 'biggest threat to US'

glo
09-01-2006, 07:03 AM
This was hitting the news in the UK yesterday.
Should we be worried?
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main...security29.xml

I had trouble opening the page (From the Telegraph), so I am quoting a few bits here:
Britain now presents a greater security threat to the United States than Iran or Iraq, an American magazine said yesterday.

In an article on Islamists headlined "Kashmir on the Thames", the New Republic painted Britain's Muslim communities as a breeding ground for violent extremism.

Citing recent opinion poll evidence suggesting that one in four British Muslims believed that last year's London Tube bombings were justified, the magazine said: "In the wake of this month's high-profile arrests, it can now be argued that the biggest threat to US security emanates not from Iran or Iraq or Afghanistan, but rather from Great Britain, our closest ally."

[...]

Other publications and the think-tanks that shape public debate in America have also issued stern criticism both of Britain's Muslims and of the Government. Nile Gardiner, of the Right-wing Heritage Foundation, told The Daily Telegraph yesterday that Americans were coming to view Britain as "a hornet's nest of Islamic extremists" and thought it posed ''a direct security threat to the US".

He said that if British-based terrorism continues, America is likely to respond harshly.

[...]
Peace.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
S_87
09-01-2006, 11:19 AM
:sl:

i think its highly overrated. the media does highlight when that one man is convicted of terrorism and when men are *caught* but sldom highlight those men being freed. if makes you think theres loads of terrorists around but we dont hear of them being released without charge

to be honest i think american media is whack!

Eric H
09-01-2006, 12:17 PM
Greetings and peace be with you glo,

America seemed to be the driving force behind the invasion of Iraq and Afghanistan, thousands of civilians are reported to have died. All these victims must have friends and relatives who feel they died unjustly. America and Britain have created a whole new generation of potential terrorists by their action.

America and Britain must be very naïve to believe that their actions would not have any repercussions, we reap what we sow. The world seems a very fearful place to live.

In the spirit of praying for peace.

Eric

Keltoi
09-01-2006, 01:13 PM
There isn't any doubt that Europe has become a hotspot for radicalism. I'm not sure I understand the "Britain is the greatest threat" statement, but there are definitely terrorist threats in Britain. Although I worry more about the radicalism in Canada than Britain.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Kidman
09-01-2006, 02:32 PM
Wow... "respond harshly". What is meant by that? Drop a bomb on them, then the next country they have a poll in?

Kidman

Muezzin
09-02-2006, 05:27 PM
Britain now 'biggest threat to US'
That headline sounds so absurd I have to laugh.

Dahir
09-02-2006, 07:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
That headline sounds so absurd I have to laugh.
Yep, its from Blender Magazine too! :D

Just kidding...I get at what they're pointing out, but as I'll always say, Hate breeds Hate.

Dawud_uk
09-03-2006, 09:42 AM
assalaamu alaykum,

maybe it is because muslims in britain care about the ummah and havent yet been frightened into submission to the creation rather than the creator?

assalaamu alaykum,
Daw'ud

Yanal
12-26-2008, 05:18 AM
That's bolony. No way that they will have a war with a country that's 500 000 000km away.

Woodrow
12-26-2008, 05:39 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Yanal
That's bolony. No way that they will have a war with a country that's 500 000 000km away.
Not even in 1776 or 1812 when it was fought without machinery. Also I believe New York is closer to London than it is to either Hawaii, Alaska or even Souther California.

It is only about 4,000 miles from the US east coast to the UK. A lot closer than Afghanistan, or Iraq.

But, I do not see any major threat or any reason to believe there will be hostilities between the US and the UK.

Like what already been mentioned, our actions have helped give the incentive for terrorists to increase. Our war on terroism has caused the very things it was supposed to prevent.

Cabdullahi
12-26-2008, 11:40 AM
the above is another reason to jusify this act>>>>>>>>>The UK has recently introduced a national Internet censorship scheme, a national ID card and is about to spend 12 billion pounds pushing the British population's web-searches, emails, sms messages and telephone callings records through a central database run by its spy agency, GCHQ. This month saw a secret UK court hearing, with secret participants, produce a secret order to secretly gag the population, the terms of which are secret and the revelation of which is punishable by up to 15 years of imprisonment.

link
http://rense.com/general84/led.htm

I AM NOT WILLING TO SUCCUMB TO A NEW WORLD ORDER

crayon
12-26-2008, 01:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Keltoi
There isn't any doubt that Europe has become a hotspot for radicalism. I'm not sure I understand the "Britain is the greatest threat" statement, but there are definitely terrorist threats in Britain. Although I worry more about the radicalism in Canada than Britain.
Eh?! :?

Muezzin
12-26-2008, 04:40 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by crayon
Eh?! :?
Was that a pun?

crayon
12-26-2008, 06:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
Was that a pun?
Well, somewhat. It was also an actual question though...

Amadeus85
12-26-2008, 11:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Keltoi
I am sorry to say this but the biggest centre of muslim political indoctrination is placed in Pakistan. The UK has about 1,5 million os Pakistanis abroad. If even
5 000 of them are willing to sacrifice their life to attack USA, its a big problem. Its just the reality based on facts.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.