/* */

PDA

View Full Version : My name is Misbah not Molly

Rabi'ya
09-01-2006, 05:17 PM
A 12-year-old girl, who has been missing from her home in the Western Isles for a week, has said she was not forced to leave.
Molly Campbell told a media conference in Lahore, Pakistan, that she left Scotland of her own free will.

Northern Constabulary has submitted a report to the procurator fiscal following its inquiries into the case.

Molly, who asked to be called by her Islamic name Misbah Iram Ahmed Rana, said she wanted to stay in Pakistan.

Her mother and legal guardian, Louise Campbell, had made an emotional appeal for the return of her daughter.

Ms Campbell said in a statement issued by a spokesperson that she was not going to say anything except that she was acting in the best interests of the child, and pursuing the proper line to get Molly back.

The youngster said she wanted to stay with her father.

She told the gathered media on Friday that she bought her own ticket to Pakistan.

She denied that she had been forced to leave home because her family in Lahore had made plans for her to undergo an arranged marriage.

The schoolgirl said: "It was my own choice, my sister came to see me and I asked her, can I go with her, because I was not allowed to see my family. I just went with my sister."

Asked if she would like to stay in Pakistan or return to the UK, she said: "I would like to stay here in Pakistan forever. And my name isn't Molly, it is Misbah." Molly added: "I knew my mum would miss me, but I missed my family and it was hard. If I live with my dad I can still see my mum."

The girl's family in Pakistan have said they will provide her with a phone and computer so that she can maintain contact with her mother.

They also said that Ms Campbell, who moved to Lewis from Stranraer nine months ago, would be able to see her daughter.

However, because Ms Campbell is Molly's legal guardian she is within her rights, under the child abduction protocol, to ask a Pakistani judge to order that Molly be returned to Scotland.

Molly flew to Lahore last week with her father and older sister, but without her mother's consent.

Glasgow MP Mohammed Sarwar went to Pakistan on Thursday to help mediate on the matter.

Mr Sarwar told the media conference in Lahore that it was vital the families could now "build up trust".

Osama Saeed, Scottish spokesman for the Muslim Association of Britain, said: "We're glad that Misbah has had her side of the story aired now.

"From the beginning the friends and relatives of the people at the centre of this have been saying that there is more to this than was being reported.

"Even looking at Louise's own statement from Tuesday is was clear that this was not a straightforward case of kidnap as was being portrayed."

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Mohsin
09-01-2006, 05:25 PM
Jazakallah khair for that! I been meaning to read up on what happened later on. I knew it was more to it than was being reported. I got so annoyed when on itv news they followed the news report on this story with a follow up on the large number of arranged marriages occurring in pakistan. I thought they are jumping the gun here a bit aren't they! :rollseyes

glo
09-01-2006, 06:16 PM
It's good to hear that she went willingly, and that she can return to Britain any time she chooses. :)
It sounded quite worrying at first.

Still, I can't help feeling sorry for the mother - she must have gone through quite an ordeal! :(

Does anybody fully understand the family circumstances? Who does she mean when she says she misses her family in Pakistan? Did she move with her mother to Scotland from Pakistan nine months ago? I don't fully understand the story behind this :?

Mohsin
09-01-2006, 06:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
It's good to hear that she went willingly, and that she can return to Britain any time she chooses. :)
It sounded quite worrying at first.

Still, I can't help feeling sorry for the mother - she must have gone through quite an ordeal! :(

Does anybody fully understand the family circumstances? Who does she mean when she says she misses her family in Pakistan? Did she move with her mother to Scotland from Pakistan nine months ago? I don't fully understand the story behind this :?

I think because her mum and dad got separated, she also got separated from her brothers and sisters, as she was the only one living with her mum. So she ended up missing them. i got a feeling she didn't get on well with her mum either

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Dahir
09-01-2006, 07:07 PM
How on this wierd planet does a child travel thousands of miles and still reach their destination with 100% accuracy?? :?

If I drive 3 miles out of town, I start to panic and my heart begins to beat really slowly until a cop can help re-direct me back into town. :uhwhat

Mohsin
09-01-2006, 08:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dahir
How on this wierd planet does a child travel thousands of miles and still reach their destination with 100% accuracy?? :?

If I drive 3 miles out of town, I start to panic and my heart begins to beat really slowly until a cop can help re-direct me back into town. :uhwhat

lol i think she went with family

Jayda
09-01-2006, 09:07 PM
aww now she gets to be with her family! thats a happy ending

Durrah
09-01-2006, 09:22 PM
Louise Campell (The girl's mum) left the family after she had an affair- with the man who is her partner now. She walked out and the father raised the kids by himself for some years in pakistan, after leaving scotland. Her older siblings are 16+ so they had the choice of where they wanted to say, but Misbah was made to live with her mother and went back to scotland about a year ago, after her mum was give custody rights. According to Misbah's brother Omar, their mother made it diffculit for Misbah to see their father and the rest of the family and tried to cut contact by moving homes (to another area) and not passing on their details. Misbah then left when her father and sister came to visit last week.

You can see why she would miss her family, her dad in partcular. He spent many years raising her after their mum left, so for the mother to try and force Misbah's dad from the girl's life, is no doubt horriable. She had no right to do that and should have made it more possiable for her to keep regular contact and visits to her family in pakistan.

Of course though, the only reason why the media gave a look in about this story because it was a white british woman, who's ex husband was a pakistani muslim. Had Misbah's dad been white, scottish, non muslim and Misbah willingly left with her dad (under simalar situation), then this would never have reached the press and at such an international level.

Either way, her mother manulpated the press and bad mouthed her ex by making up lies (saying that she was kidanapped and being forced into a marriage). This will have an effect on her daughter and other children and despite Misbah saying that she loves her mum and stuff, I dont think she'll forget what her mother has done in a hurry. The woman doesnt give care about her other children and her son has stated he has made efforts to maintain ties, but the mum doesnt want to know!

Anyways I dont know why the press keep calling her Molly Campell, her birth name is Misbah Rana! Thats the name she was given when she was born and thats whats on her birth certifcate, passport etc.. The press keep saying thats the muslim name she 'chose', but its rubbish- Misbah is her real first name. Molly is just what her mum called her on the side. Im glad Misbah corrected publicly in the press confrence today that. It was bugging me. Anyways its clear that Misbah wants to say with her father and is happy with him. And thats what matters the most. If her mum really bothered about her kids, she wouldnt have left them for another man and left them behind with her ex. She can't come crawling back and deciding that her daughter shouldnt maintain close links with her dad!

Muslim-Gyal
09-01-2006, 09:26 PM
My uncle knows Misbah's father and he would never force anything upon anyone!

glo
09-01-2006, 09:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Durrah
Louise Campell (The girl's mum) left the family after she had an affair- with the man who is her partner now. She walked out and the father raised the kids by himself for some years in pakistan, after leaving scotland. Her older siblings are 16+ so they had the choice of where they wanted to say, but Misbah was made to live with her mother and went back to scotland about a year ago, after her mum was give custody rights. According to Misbah's brother Omar, their mother made it diffculit for Misbah to see their father and the rest of the family and tried to cut contact by moving homes (to another area) and not passing on their details. Misbah then left when her father and sister came to visit last week.

You can see why she would miss her family, her dad in partcular. He spent many years raising her after their mum left, so for the mother to try and force Misbah's dad from the girl's life, is no doubt horriable. She had no right to do that and should have made it more possiable for her to keep regular contact and visits to her family in pakistan.

Of course though, the only reason why the media gave a look in about this story because it was a white british woman, who's ex husband was a pakistani muslim. Had Misbah's dad been white, scottish, non muslim and Misbah willingly left with her dad (under simalar situation), then this would never have reached the press and at such an international level.

Either way, her mother manulpated the press and bad mouthed her ex by making up lies (saying that she was kidanapped and being forced into a marriage). This will have an effect on her daughter and other children and despite Misbah saying that she loves her mum and stuff, I dont think she'll forget what her mother has done in a hurry. The woman doesnt give care about her other children and her son has stated he has made efforts to maintain ties, but the mum doesnt want to know!

Anyways I dont know why the press keep calling her Molly Campell, her birth name is Misbah Rana! Thats the name she was given when she was born and thats whats on her birth certifcate, passport etc.. The press keep saying thats the muslim name she 'chose', but its rubbish- Misbah is her real first name. Molly is just what her mum called her on the side. Im glad Misbah corrected publicly in the press confrence today that. It was bugging me. Anyways its clear that Misbah wants to say with her father and is happy with him. And thats what matters the most. If her mum really bothered about her kids, she wouldnt have left them for another man and left them behind with her ex. She can't come crawling back and deciding that her daughter shouldnt maintain close links with her dad!
Thanks for that, Durrah!

That puts things in a very different light, doesn't it?

Muezzin
09-01-2006, 09:48 PM
I hope the media will just give up reporting on this custody battle by tomorrow. It's unfair on the family to drag out all their dirty washing for all the world to see, and it hurts them all needlessly.

I do wonder if there would be as much continued media interest had the girl gone to say, Sweden.

Durrah
09-01-2006, 09:54 PM
Thanks for that, Durrah!

That puts things in a very different light, doesn't it?
Yes, it does put things in a different perspective when all the details are laid out on the table. And for anyone who's interested in where i got my information from, its from the wire service: the press assocation, reuters, sky news and various live interviews that were shown today.

Anyways Glo, its really her mother and sections of the press who ran away with this story and vilified Misbah's father. I hope Misbah's dad gets custody. While in general its best for kids to be with their mother, its not fair for the father who raised his children, after the mother walks out, to then have his daughter taken away and brainwashed against him (as said by Misbah to her brother Omar). This will be old news in a few days, now that everything has come out in the open.

Durrah
09-01-2006, 09:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
I do wonder if there would be as much continued media interest had the girl gone to say, Sweden.
:sl:

Regardless of where they went, the media would have said something, because her father is a brown paskistani muslim man = evil, oppressive, possiably muderous.

But yes, i understand what you mean. There seemed to be much said about pakistan and how she would somehow be treated like rubbish. Obviously those people have no idea how middle and upper class pakistanis live, in pakistan. Whilst there might be issues in the rural, more tribal areas of the country, the wealthy pakistanis (including expatariates) live simalarly as we do here. if anything, they're quality of life is better and their schools, education, houses, health services are a million times better then the u.k.

Zulkiflim
09-02-2006, 02:04 PM
Salaam,

the justice is for them not for us.

their justice...their safety ..their peace.

Ghazi
09-02-2006, 02:17 PM

Allahu Akbar Lets just hope the courts respect "Misbah's" decision and not force her into anything she doesn't want.

M.4.EVA
09-02-2006, 04:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
I hope the media will just give up reporting on this custody battle by tomorrow. It's unfair on the family to drag out all their dirty washing for all the world to see, and it hurts them all needlessly.

I dont think that the media should get blamed for all of this because it was the mothers decison to go to the press and do a press release. And I dont blame her for making this public because she's a mother at the end of the day and she wants her daughter back.

Mashallah that Misbah has chosen the decision to live in pakistan and become a Muslim but if her mother did choose to continue with this custody battle and fight for her daughter to come home then I also respect her for that decision because I dont think that you can truly comprehend how bad it must be for her unless you have been in the same situation as her.

And the media dont care what country someone is taken to as long as they get a good story out of it. So if the girl had gone to sweden then I reckon it would be just as much talked about.

Dawud_uk
09-03-2006, 10:10 AM
assalaamu alaykum,

i was suspicious of this from the start, a women going to live in the probably the least muslim area of the country with a daughter who wants to be known by her muslim name but a mother who calls her molly.

as it turned out was right, but situation gets worse and worse for the case of the mother, how can the judge have decided against the father under such circumstances?

sounds too much like just about every case of a muslim i know marrying a non-muslim, they eventually break up and the judges and social workers decide it is in the best interests of the kids to stop with the non-muslim parent as more the norm of society, no matter what level of practice of islam they lived by prior to the break up.

assalaamu alaykum,
Daw'ud

glo
09-03-2006, 10:25 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dawud_uk
assalaamu alaykum,

i was suspicious of this from the start, a women going to live in the probably the least muslim area of the country with a daughter who wants to be known by her muslim name but a mother who calls her molly.

as it turned out was right, but situation gets worse and worse for the case of the mother, how can the judge have decided against the father under such circumstances?

sounds too much like just about every case of a muslim i know marrying a non-muslim, they eventually break up and the judges and social workers decide it is in the best interests of the kids to stop with the non-muslim parent as more the norm of society, no matter what level of practice of islam they lived by prior to the break up.

assalaamu alaykum,
Daw'ud
In fairness, is it not rather the case that mothers are generally more likely to receive the guardianship over their children of minor age?
I am no sure to what extend cultural or religious background would influence the judge's decision ... but then, I may just be naive ... :rollseyes

peace :)

Starseeker
09-03-2006, 02:54 PM
Personally I think that the only way that this issue is going to reslove itself is if the family come to a mutual agreement. Judges have no power to bring someone back into the country. Sure, they can pass an order saying something but it doesnt mean that the other party will listen.
And as to what Glo says Religious and Cultral aspects influence the Judges decision ALOT.

Muezzin
09-03-2006, 09:25 PM
Since it's being tried in Pakistan, I hope that whoever wants custody the most has a lot of money.

I wish I was joking.

I also wish the media would just leave this family alone now.

Dawud_uk
09-04-2006, 08:11 AM
In fairness, is it not rather the case that mothers are generally more likely to receive the guardianship over their children of minor age?
I am no sure to what extend cultural or religious background would influence the judge's decision ... but then, I may just be naive ... :rollseyes

peace :)

peace glo,

i dont have a repesentative sample so cant say other than from my own experience but where one partner is muslim and the other not then custody has gone to the non-muslim every time i have heard of it whether the muslim is male or female.

peace,

Daw'ud

glo
09-04-2006, 12:09 PM
peace glo,

i dont have a repesentative sample so cant say other than from my own experience but where one partner is muslim and the other not then custody has gone to the non-muslim every time i have heard of it whether the muslim is male or female.

peace,

Daw'ud
Hi Daw'ud

I don't have any statistics either. :rollseyes

But if we are talking about Muslim/non-Muslim marriages, wouldn't it always be the case that the woman is the non-Muslim, and the man the Muslim?
(It's just that I thought Mulsim women weren't permitted to marry non-Muslim men, not even people of the book)
If that was the case, then custody being given to the mother would automatically coincide with custody being given to the non-Muslim parent - without the religion necessarily being of relevance.

As far as I know it is by far more common for the custody to be given to the mother - in any custody battle.

I found these (rather depressing) statistics (from 1994 though)
UK Marriage/Divorce Statistics 1994
Marriages/year 331.2K/year
Divorces/year 173.6K/year
Divorces with children (< 16)/year 99.55K/year
Probability of divorce 41%
Total children (<16) in married families 9M 12M-2.5M-0.5M
Total Children (< 16) in family divorce/year 189K/year 99.55 * 1.9
Average age of children in divorce 7 years
Percent mothers awarded sole residence 71%
Percent fathers awarded sole residence 7%

Percent joint residence awards (read mother) 21%
No. of married fathers loosing custody/year 91K/year 99.5 * 91.4%
% of married fathers loosing all contact after 3 years 50%
No. married of fathers loosing all contact after 3 yrs 45.2K/year 91K * 50%
http://www.coeffic.demon.co.uk/stats.htm
peace.

Mohsin
09-04-2006, 01:43 PM
Hi Daw'ud

I don't have any statistics either. :rollseyes

But if we are talking about Muslim/non-Muslim marriages, wouldn't it always be the case that the woman is the non-Muslim, and the man the Muslim?
(It's just that I thought Mulsim women weren't permitted to marry non-Muslim men, not even people of the book)
If that was the case, then custody being given to the mother would automatically coincide with custody being given to the non-Muslim parent - without the religion necessarily being of relevance.

As far as I know it is by far more common for the custody to be given to the mother - in any custody battle.

I found these (rather depressing) statistics (from 1994 though)

peace.

Very good point actually. I think you arte right, in most cases custody goes to women regardless of ethnicity/religion, unless the woman is known to be an unfit mother

In Islam the mother has the right of custody of the child, and upon reaching puberty it is the child's choice. I think so anyway, maybe someone else can confirm

AvarAllahNoor
09-04-2006, 01:47 PM
You can see the love the father has for her and vice versa!

glo
11-30-2006, 09:13 PM
Updated news:
Molly must return to Scotland, Pakistan court orders
The High Court in Lahore has now ruled that Molly, also known as Misbah Rana, must be handed to the custody of the British High Commission within the next seven days.
http://news.scotsman.com/scotland.cfm?id=1773992006

Durrah
11-30-2006, 10:18 PM
assalaamu alaykum,
Daw'ud

Your right bro, but in this particalur case, the mother of this child was actually a muslim for 10-15 years (she converted/reverted to islam at 16 yrs old), so she was actually a muslim when she got married to Misbah's father, before she apostated and left her family. She now claims to be a christian (although a so-called practising christian wouldnt commit adultury as she did).

FBI
11-30-2006, 11:40 PM

adultury
u mean fornication?

Umar001
11-30-2006, 11:45 PM
Yea aparenrly she has to go back to scotland and have a trail thing there. This is amazing, surely they'd let her decide where to be, its not like she's 2 or something.

FBI
11-30-2006, 11:58 PM

what's the big deal, she's almost 16 she can simply apply for uni in pakistan then go live with her dad simple

snakelegs
12-01-2006, 12:20 AM
this is the first i've heard of this case. it's interesting because 2 different countries are involved, each with their own laws.
and yes, i'm sure prejudice is involved.
but, having said that i think it's pretty clear-cut.
if the mother has legal custody i don't think it would even be an issue.
kids have no legal rights at 16.
i think pakistan will have no choice but to force her to go back against her wishes and the wishes of her family.
it all depends on what agreements pakistan and uk have, i guess.
if shes' forced to go back to uk, then she has 2 more years to wait and then she can go home.

Umar001
12-01-2006, 12:27 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
this is the first i've heard of this case. it's interesting because 2 different countries are involved, each with their own laws.
and yes, i'm sure prejudice is involved.
but, having said that i think it's pretty clear-cut.
if the mother has legal custody i don't think it would even be an issue.
kids have no legal rights at 16.
i think pakistan will have no choice but to force her to go back against her wishes and the wishes of her family.
it all depends on what agreements pakistan and uk have, i guess.
if shes' forced to go back to uk, then she has 2 more years to wait and then she can go home.
yep its been declared that she has to go back to scotland and do a trial or something.

2 years, I feel sorry for her. A 14 (if she is)who knows she wants to be with her dad but is prevented :(

snakelegs
12-01-2006, 12:29 AM
ooops - just realized she is only 12 - then she has 6 years to wait. dunno where i got the idea she is 16.
right or wrong, kids have no rights.

glo
12-01-2006, 07:07 AM
This is a sad story.

The thing is, custody has by no means been decided yet. That will be for the courts in Scotland to decide.

For now the court in Pakistan ruled that Misbah's father and sister acted unlawfully when they brought Misbah out of Scotland and into Pakistan - even if they acted according to her wishes.

Misbah is not nearly 16, as somebody posted here. She is 12.
My own daughter is 12, and although she is very able to form and express opinions, she is also still very impressionable, and her opinions can be swayed quite easily.

My guess is this young girl needs support to explore what she really wants to do.
Having your family pulled apart and being taken into the farthest corner of the country (as I understand out of the mother's fear that her daughter may be abducted? :(), then being in the lime light of the media and becoming a pawn in the present political playing field, is nothing I would wish for any 12-year-old!

In the meantime the courts will have to decide which parent offers the best place for this young minor to grow up in ... until she is old enough to legally make her own choices ...

I hope this family will find peace, and the rifts and damages will heal over time.

peace

Dawud_uk
12-01-2006, 10:45 AM
misbah's mother ran off with another man, is living with him and has taken his name even though they are not married,

misbah herself asked even if journalists called her molly, not to call her campell which is the name of the man her mother ran away with and was living in an illiciate relationship with.

what is more, as well as aposticating she was encouraging misbah to eat haram food and drink alcohol as well as verbally attacking islam.

i would suggest misbah would be right to run away again, she is obviously not wanting to live in such an unislamic environment and if she is forced to return to the uk i hope she runs away if her mother will not let her practice islam and insha'allah any muslim community she comes to will protect her.

ideally she and her father should move nwfp and ask for protection and help from the people there.

assalaamu alaykum,
Abu Abdullah

Chuck
12-01-2006, 12:49 PM
I heard Nicholson Institute has a history of notorious hazing. One of their student committed suicide and another is suing the school.

glo
12-01-2006, 01:08 PM
misbah's mother ran off with another man, is living with him and has taken his name even though they are not married,

misbah herself asked even if journalists called her molly, not to call her campell which is the name of the man her mother ran away with and was living in an illiciate relationship with.

what is more, as well as aposticating she was encouraging misbah to eat haram food and drink alcohol as well as verbally attacking islam.

i would suggest misbah would be right to run away again, she is obviously not wanting to live in such an unislamic environment and if she is forced to return to the uk i hope she runs away if her mother will not let her practice islam and insha'allah any muslim community she comes to will protect her.

ideally she and her father should move nwfp and ask for protection and help from the people there.

assalaamu alaykum,
Abu Abdullah
Hi Dawud

Can I ask you for a source for this information?

The reason I am asking is that depending what artice you read you get very different information - i.e. the father tutored Misbah to make allegations against her mother etc, etc.

My guess is that neither of the extremes reflects the true scenario, but that the truth lies somewhere between!

By the end of the day this is a messy custody battle, with a vulnerable 12-year-old caught in the middle!
There are thousands of such cases in the UK - but this one is more apparent, because it goes across two religions, two cultures and two continents, it adds ammunition to the present political climate and is therefore very much in the media's attention.

It would be better if this poor family was left alone to sort out their differences.
I am sure both parents have their good sides and their bad sides (as we all do!), I am sure both have Misbah's best interest at heart (even if they have different views on what that might be), and both have made mistakes.
It will be hard for the courts to decide Misbah's fate.

May God protect this young girl, and all who love her!

Peace

Musaafirah
12-01-2006, 01:20 PM
Well, read a BBC article, and saw that Misbah didn't want to live with her mum, because her mum's partner kept shouting at her..
And given the choice of living in a big spacious house up in Pakistan with her older siblings and father, or a cramped one in Scotland with her mother and mother's partner, can you guess what she'd want?
Poor girl :(..all the limelight and she's only 12!
:w:

Woodrow
12-01-2006, 01:24 PM
Custody battles are seldom fought fairly. Quite often the deciding factor is which attorney is the better at showing the advantages and hiding the faults of his client. Sadly, it is only the parents that the courts attempt to be just with.

The child has the least say and is often manipulated to say what somebody wants the child to say.

All of this publicity is producing no benefit to anyone except for who ever gains political recognition as a result.

Although I agree with Dawud in his post a few spots above. The truth is the law can not be taken into a persons own hands. That would only result in more pain to all involved, including Misbah.

glo
12-01-2006, 01:30 PM
Here is a BBC article which (hopefully) gives a representation of both sides of the story:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/s...ds/6192406.stm

[...]
Ms Campbell said she was overjoyed that her daughter would be coming back to Scotland but added that Misbah would be "confused and scared".
She told BBC Scotland: "My immediate thoughts are a big hug - hug her and breathe her in.
"I would love to talk to her on the phone to reassure her that the case is still going on over here and she gets to say her point of view.

"I think Molly is going to be quite scared and confused. I just want to tell her that it is all going to be okay - it's all going to work out."

[...]

Naheeda Mahboob Elahi said:[...]
"This was not a decision about custody. It was a decision on whether Mr Rana had acted improperly by violating the court order made at the Court of Session in Scotland in June last year."

The lawyer added: "Misbah should get a chance at the Court of Session to say who she wants to live with."

[...]

Mr Rana said his daughter was "devastated" by the decision.
Speaking outside the court in Lahore, he said he would be seeking legal advice about lodging an appeal to the supreme court.
Mr Rana said: "I was very surprised and shocked by this decision.
"Misbah is very devastated, she was crying, she is very upset.

"She doesn't want to go back to Scotland, she wants to stay here in Pakistan."
[...]

Rabi'ya
12-01-2006, 08:07 PM

I think the girl should be allowed to have a say in the case. She quite clearly doesnt want to lie with her mother. And the fact that she has to go back there will only make the situation worse as far as i can see it....

Also, i read yesterday on bbc that her mother prevented her from salaah and that even tho shes trying to live as a Muslim her mother prevents her also.....that was also on bbc.

i make duaa that Allah keeps her in the best of company and gives her enuf sabr to last until shes 16 at which point inshallah she can legally make decisions for herself....

Rabi'ya:rose:

Dawud_uk
12-02-2006, 11:02 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Rabi'ya

I think the girl should be allowed to have a say in the case. She quite clearly doesnt want to lie with her mother. And the fact that she has to go back there will only make the situation worse as far as i can see it....

Also, i read yesterday on bbc that her mother prevented her from salaah and that even tho shes trying to live as a Muslim her mother prevents her also.....that was also on bbc.

i make duaa that Allah keeps her in the best of company and gives her enuf sabr to last until shes 16 at which point inshallah she can legally make decisions for herself....

assalaamu alaykum,

and to Glo, peace be upon those who follow righteous guidence.
Rabi'ya, you have answered the questions glo asked me as to where i am getting this info that she is being stopped from practicing?

i am getting it from BBC mostly, not the mujahadeen media services or something, the UK's own media such as the BBC, independent, guardian etc are all reporting that she was prevented from practicing and that her mother had tried to force her to eat and drink haram.

may Allah give misbah the strength to stand up to her mother and practice her deen if she is forced to return to the uk but if i was her father i would have been moving assets to nwfp as soon as this all kicked off to get ready to do a runner if misbah was determined not to return.

assalaamu alaykum,
Abu Abdullah

Rabi'ya
12-04-2006, 04:50 PM

lol, i was reading sky news active - apparently they quoted Misbah as saying "if they make me go back to Scotland, ill only run away again"

lol, why dont they just let her be where she wants to be??

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.