/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Why Mecca?

doodlebug
09-02-2006, 02:22 AM
I know the story of Abraham and his son and all that and I do think it's one of the more moving stories of all, but...............there are other moving stories as well such as Noah and the Ark, Moses and the burning bush ,etc.

Why Mecca? Why not the place with the bush or the place where the Arc is supposed to be?:?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Fishman
09-03-2006, 05:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by doodlebug
Why Mecca? Why not the place with the bush or the place where the Arc is supposed to be?:?
:sl:
First and foremost, because that is what Allah (swt) wills, and only He can know why. But we do believe that Allah (swt) decided to stop bringing revelation through Bani Israel (the Jews) because they disobeyed the prophets so often. And according to the Bible, Allah (swt) also promised the Ishmaelites a great nation.

I hope that answers your question at least a bit.
:w:

syilla
09-08-2006, 06:04 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by doodlebug
I know the story of Abraham and his son and all that and I do think it's one of the more moving stories of all, but...............there are other moving stories as well such as Noah and the Ark, Moses and the burning bush ,etc.

:sl:

i think you misunderstand....not all happened in mecca...

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.