/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Dating Service Ads On This Site

brainiac
09-02-2006, 03:24 AM
Anyone ever use the Muslim dating services that are advertised on this site ? If yes, how'd it work out ? Any luck ?:uuh:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
QuranStudy
09-02-2006, 03:39 AM
Anyone ever use the Muslim dating services that are advertised on this site ? If yes, how'd it work out ? Any luck
There is no service of this kind here. Try elsewhere.

brainiac
09-02-2006, 03:44 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by QuranStudy
There is no service of this kind here. Try elsewhere.

Log out and then browse threads. There are ads in between the replys. Some are dating services. I'm taken, but maybe you can give it a whirl.;D

QuranStudy
09-02-2006, 03:47 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by brainiac
Log out and then browse threads. There are ads in between the replys. Some are dating services. I'm taken, but maybe you can give it a whirl.
Come on...this is an islamic forum. You dont have to lie about being taken here :D

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
brainiac
09-02-2006, 03:51 AM
Come on...this is an islamic forum. You dont have to lie about being taken here :D

What, Muslims don't like 'hooking up' ? The ads are there, man.?:uuh:

QuranStudy
09-02-2006, 03:53 AM
What, Muslims don't like 'hooking up' ? The ads are there, man.?
"Hooking up" is against Islam, from what I learned.

Also, I havent seen the ads.

brainiac
09-02-2006, 04:06 AM
"Hooking up" is against Islam, from what I learned.

Also, I havent seen the ads.

Well, there is over a billion Muslims. So someone is doing something out there. The ads rotate. Keep looking.

Woodrow
09-02-2006, 04:29 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by brainiac
Well, there is over a billion Muslims. So someone is doing something out there. The ads rotate. Keep looking.
Without going into a long explanation of how the internet works. The watcher at home pretty much determines what ads will be seen. Several ad companies take advantage of the short busts of time when a person is not actually on the site but floating in cyberspace. Which is why you don't see the adds when you are logged in. The types of ads you will see are based on what you have stored on your browser.

Make a long story short, the ads are nothing endorsed or supported by LI Forum.

Muslims do not date. There is no close contact or being alone with a member of the opposite gender until after marriage. Those ads are of no interest to a Muslim.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.