/* */

PDA

View Full Version : uninvited guests, how should you treat them?

sert
09-02-2006, 03:27 PM
what can you do? do you have to entertain them or not?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
strider
09-02-2006, 03:32 PM
Assalamu alaikum

Univited guests as in people who drop by without first letting you know they are coming? Just treat them like you treat all your guests(which is with kindness and warmth, i hope!)

Ghazi
09-02-2006, 03:33 PM
:sl:

Firstly we should know it's sunna to ask permission before entering someone's house and a person out of manners should inform a person before any visits, but we should remember it's a right of every muslim to be housed by their host for up to three days.

Al-Zaara
09-02-2006, 03:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sert

Entertain them? With what? Dancing monkeys? lol j/k :giggling:
(Sorry, I know what you meant)

To your original question...
I think you should be kind and host them like any other guest.
That's the best way to deal with uninvited guests. :)
Maybe you'll get "uninvited happiness" too... :okay: (I mean like, you'll enjoy their company etc.)

:w:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
sert
09-02-2006, 03:53 PM
what if say you had something planned for that day, and they come without telling you and then expect you to look after them?
i feel like just saying
[CONTENT REMOVED]

The Ruler
09-02-2006, 04:00 PM
salam

whoa....dude...calm urself down :ooh:....ur supposd ta treat ur guests wid respect no matta hu dey r...i heard from ma dad dat durin de prophet's der was a lady hu prayd n fastd a lot...but er neighbors wernt happy wid er...n he (saw) sed dat she wud go to hell...so tratin sum1 wid respect is very important :)

n plz dnt post wrds lyk dat altho ur usin *...cuz it waaayyyy obvious :)

wassalam

habiibti
09-02-2006, 04:03 PM
Assalamu aleikum

yeah sometimes it happens people dropping in da min u were abt to leave.it actually happened to me few weeks ago.i welcmed them in,gave them something to drink.

when they were comfortable and little relaxed,i told them that i`m really sorry but i had plans and was abt to leave for an event,but promised to set up a date and take good care of them.Alhamdulilah they understood and they apologized for dropping in unexpectedly.everyone was happy.

jzcasejz
09-02-2006, 04:16 PM

well entertain? i don't know what you mean by that..but all i know is to treat them well n all that...

once it was raining and this lady n her grand-daughter just happened to knock on our house...and she stayed until it stopped raining...:)...so yh..jus treat them well n all that...

Sorry if this post is of no use to you...:rollseyes

Al-Zaara
09-02-2006, 04:20 PM
what if say you had something planned for that day, and they come without telling you and then expect you to look after them?
i feel like just saying
[CONTENT REMOVED]
Just like sis habiibti said, tell them politely that you had plans and make them understand that they cannot stay.

jzcasejz
09-02-2006, 04:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude
'Entertain' is just a figure of speech, which in this context would mean looking after/taking care of the guests.

oh well in that case..i covered that in my post..i said to treat them well n stuff :D

- Qatada -
09-02-2006, 04:28 PM
:salamext:

She is upset by her husband’s many guests who come all the time

Question:

My husband likes to invite people all the time in our house. this causes me a great deal of inconvenience and upsets me as it takes out of our private time as a couple. to what extent we are obliged to our guests? and what is our rights and responsibilities towrads our guests in islam?.

Answer:

Praise be to Allaah.

It was narrated that Abu Shurayh al-‘Adawi said: I heard with my own two ears and I saw with my own two eyes when the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) spoke and said: “Whoever believes in Allaah and the Last Day, let him honour his neighbour; whoever believes in Allaah and the Last Day, let him honour his guest as he is entitled.” It was said, ‘What is his entitlement, O Messenger of Allaah?” He said, “[The best treatment] for one day and one night; and hospitality is for three days, and anything after that is charity bestowed upon him. And whoever believes in Allaah and the Last Day, let him, speak good words or else remain silent.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 5560; Muslim, 69. This version was narrated by al-Bukhaari.

The guest has rights, as the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said. There should be no doubt about this matter. If guests come without being invited, they should be honoured, as the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said.

Yes, if they are bad friends or are those who have nothing better to do and impose themselves on others all the time, then they should be treated in a manner that befits them, because they annoy the people with their actions.

But if it is your husband who is inviting a lot of people to your house, then in this case you should speak to him in a gentle manner, and come to an agreement about how to invite people, so that he will not invite anyone without speaking to you first, and you can agree to reduce the number of invitations in a suitable manner.

You – may Allaah bless you – should not express displeasure to your husband when the guests are there, because this is something that will make matters worse and will not solve the problem. You have to be patient, because patience is the key to finding a way out.

Strive to create a calm atmosphere in your house, with good words and kind treatment. Some husband may resort to inviting a lot of friends over in an effort to relax, because their wives may not be good at creating an atmosphere that suits their husbands, so that makes them look for this atmosphere with their friends. So try to understand your husband’s nature so that you can create a suitable atmosphere that will make him happy and relaxed, which is what is he is looking for with his friends.

We ask Allaah to set things straight between you, and to help you to do that which He loves and which pleases Him.

Islam Q&A

Ayesha Rana
09-02-2006, 05:12 PM
I guess Fi_Sabilillah has covered it in his post. And remember bro. Guests are a blessing. If their arrival prevented you from leaving the house perhaps that was best for you.
You should think of them as blessings in disguise.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.