/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I'm going to miss jummah!

Fishman
09-02-2006, 07:00 PM
:sl:
With school starting, I won't be able to attend jummah for ages, and I'm going to miss it quite a lot. And since my Islamic classes are finishing on the last day of the holidays, I'm going to have to be in a completely unislamic environment for almost all of rahmadan. My parents don't want to take me to itfar or anything, except prehaps a couple of times, and whilst one of my friends I met at the Masjid has told me that I can stay with him for Eid, I doubt that my parents would let me stay with a complete stranger for very long. :cry:
:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
habiibti
09-02-2006, 07:05 PM
i`m sorry to hear that,although,u can find muslim students in ur school unless u attend a catholic one,and most of school campuses have prayer rooms.

connect with the muslim students,i`m sure there is something u guys can do as a group.

MinAhlilHadeeth
09-02-2006, 07:15 PM
Well, they say the best companion is a book. So read the Qur'an as much as you can, and do other good acts. I suggest you busy yourself with 'ibaadah during Ramadan.

And you still have the members of this forum, alhamdulillah.

:wasalamex

Fishman
09-02-2006, 07:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by habiibti
i`m sorry to hear that,although,u can find muslim students in ur school unless u attend a catholic one,and most of school campuses have prayer rooms.

connect with the muslim students,i`m sure there is something u guys can do as a group.
We don't have prayer facilities in school because people took advantage of them and used them to skive lessons instead of pray. Only two or three Muslims were serious about praying. If we don't get them back I don't know what to do.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
MinAhlilHadeeth
09-02-2006, 07:25 PM
Tell the teachers to only open the room at lunch time, or earlier or later depending on when dhuhr is.

That's what he had in our school.

:wasalamex

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
09-02-2006, 07:31 PM
Can't you come home at lunch times? If you could do that you would be able to attend the mosque at jummah and zuhur times.

DigitalStorm82
09-03-2006, 05:06 AM
Asalamu Alaikum Bro,

Tell the faculty staff that you have to go for religious reasons.. leave early...

If they dont let you leave with permission... If I were you... I would skip every other friday at least...

Not attending jummah really drains you in faith... I've seen it happen to so many of my friends... from coming every night to not coming at all.. even for jummah.. but jummah is because of the classes... but they stop coming for isha salaah..etc..

Your choice...your life... your reward in hereafter.

W'salaamz,
Hamid

Dawud_uk
09-03-2006, 09:27 AM
assalaamu alaykum ashley,

you are young and probably not very confident but this is one of your first tests as a muslim so unfortunetely you are going to have to stand up and be counted like a man on this one.

once a muslim hits puberty they are counted as adult, not a child and all the fard (compulsory) acts should be performed... yes i know most muslim families dont live by this but this is due to their own weaknesses.

now you have to pray jummah, you cannot miss it and it is a mega serious sin to do so. you do not however have to go to school in islam, studying whether islamic or otherwise is mustahaab (recommended) but it is not fard (compulsory) like jummah salaat.

therefore unless you can pray at school then you have an islamic obligation to skip school for a short period and go pray jummah at a mosque and then run back again.

it is hard to stand up to people sometimes but you have to, i remember when i first become muslim and they wouldnt let me pray at work, kept siting health and safety reasons so i told them i would pray outside work grounds right in front of the company sign and they found a place for me to pray pretty quickly.

as for the rest of your prayers other than jummah, take a prayer mat in your bag and pray during your breaks.

take care little bruv and may Allah make it easy for you, ameen.
but also remember this life is a test and it is how we react to those tests that Allah sends us that shapes our lives and character and makes us good or bad muslims.

assalaamu alaykum,
Daw'ud

The Ruler
09-03-2006, 10:46 AM
salam

dnt ur skul allows u to go out n pray zuhr at luch tyms...but of course u gotta get a note 4rm ur parents...n also if ders a muslim teachr in skul ask him/her ta giv a rum 4 u guys ta pray....am sure itl wrk out...:) :)

afriend
09-03-2006, 10:53 AM
At this point in my life...I really treasure and cherish being able to go to an Islamic school :)....

Bro, I have not much to say, as I will just be repeating advice, the above advice is all good.

Maybe one day you will be in a more Islamic environment...I guess ur in year 10 now. Not long to go until freedom also known as college ;)

Fishman
09-04-2006, 06:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by DaNgErOuS MiNdS
Can't you come home at lunch times? If you could do that you would be able to attend the mosque at jummah and zuhur times.
You can only go home if you live near school. I don't.

Tell the teachers to only open the room at lunch time, or earlier or later depending on when dhuhr is.

That's what he had in our school
We were allowed to, but not any more. And in the summer, when Zuhur is really late, you can't just pray outside of lesson time anyway, because there is no afternoon break.

therefore unless you can pray at school then you have an islamic obligation to skip school for a short period and go pray jummah at a mosque and then run back again.
If I did that my atheist parents would stop me from being a Muslim. They say: 'do you really think Allah will get mad if you miss one prayer? It's not like you want to miss it or anything'
It's very hard to argue with somebody who has a completely different worldview to you.

Somebody told me that it's okay to pray Jummah in school as long as you are with other Muslims. Is this true, or must it be in a Masjid?

DigitalStorm82
09-04-2006, 08:52 PM
You need someone to give a khutbah. If you have someone in school who is knowledgable enough to give Khutbah, its ok.

My friend used to give khutbah in one of the universities in Florida. But now he is giving khutbahs at masjid and is really good, mashallah.

Fishman
09-04-2006, 08:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by DigitalStorm82
You need someone to give a khutbah. If you have someone in school who is knowledgable enough to give Khutbah, its ok.

My friend used to give khutbah in one of the universities in Florida. But now he is giving khutbahs at masjid and is really good, mashallah.
I don't know, I've never been able to listen to the khutba since our Imam doesn't speak much English, and thus I don't know what it contains.

DigitalStorm82
09-04-2006, 09:03 PM
That sux... you're missing out on the weekly "spiritual recharge."

Jummah has such a positive effect on us muslims... it motivates us to try harder.

I hope you can find a masjid where there is an imaam who can speak english.

None the less, english or not, you have to attend khutbah to make it count.

Angels stand at the gate of the masjid and write the names of the people who enter... and when the adhan is called they roll up their scrolls and go listen to the khutbah. So, its very important we go early and get our names written on those scrolls.

AnonymousPoster
09-04-2006, 09:12 PM

I heard theres a law which allows people to go to jummah is this true?

Fishman
09-05-2006, 05:51 PM
My friend Rehan says that it's going to be useless trying to get our right to pray back, considering how mad the head teacher got.

I heard theres a law which allows people to go to jummah is this true?
I hope there is.

syilla
09-06-2006, 02:42 AM
oh...fishman don't worry too much...

there must be a way...and place for you to pray...

do you know that...even in aeroplane we can pray while sitting...

The important thing is...you never skipped...and you'll try do it...the best as you can...in the way that you can...

so fishman...don't worry too much...

In islam...solah is never been a problem...

if you read the islamic history...even the sahabah...pray while in a war...

you can do it...and put in your mine that...praying is will never be a problem to me...

Ummu Sufyaan
09-06-2006, 06:39 AM
:sl: brothers and sisters.
brother fishman, try getting/gathering up the muslim brothers at your school (if there is any) and go togther to the masjid. even if there isn't any, get in contct with other brothers, like your friends, and ask for a lift.

Dawud_uk
09-07-2006, 03:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fishman
You can only go home if you live near school. I don't.

We were allowed to, but not any more. And in the summer, when Zuhur is really late, you can't just pray outside of lesson time anyway, because there is no afternoon break.

If I did that my atheist parents would stop me from being a Muslim. They say: 'do you really think Allah will get mad if you miss one prayer? It's not like you want to miss it or anything'
It's very hard to argue with somebody who has a completely different worldview to you.

Somebody told me that it's okay to pray Jummah in school as long as you are with other Muslims. Is this true, or must it be in a Masjid?

assalaamu alaykum fishman,

no one can stop you from being muslim, you are 14 yo, although you should respect your parents you still dont have to obey them if they tell you to do something wrong in islam like miss prayers or stop acting as a muslim should.

some mosques will send out a trainee imam to give the khutbah (talk for jummah) and lead the prayer on fridays but most dont bother with this.

if your school will not allow an imam to come in or if no one is qualified to lead the prayer and give the khutbah at your school or can come in then you have no option but to go to your nearest mosque you can attend for jummah prayers.

this is a hard time for you little bruv, but remember Allah said in the quran,

'do you think you would be able to say you believe and would not be tested?
indeed Allah knows those who are true and those who are false'

take care bruv and insha'allah things go well for you.

assalaamu alaykum,
Daw'ud

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.