/* */

PDA

View Full Version : is it wise!

bint_muhammed
09-02-2006, 08:19 PM
as ramadhan is approaching and i want to make the most of it this year in ibaadat inshallah! i heard that the prophet used to have only dates and water at time and i'm considering it aswell, however my family are like your being too extreme and my sis said you're doing it lose weight its wrong! is it? i mean so what if i lose weight during it and i really want to do it do you think i should in ramadhan?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
09-02-2006, 08:22 PM
Well i dont think its bad, since the prophet did it. It would be a good way to lose weight lol...Maybe ur parents are worried ur gunna starve urself too much r somethin...they jus might say it out of concern u know lol. Inshallah i pray for u to be able to do what u want :D
Salaamz

~Stranger~
09-02-2006, 08:39 PM
wow thats a good idea but in mot sure ill do it........ insha'allah ill do my best

and dont care for what ppl say. i mean if the prophet did it then there must be something good in it that we dont know....

what a good diet!!

glo
09-02-2006, 09:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ya_Giney
as ramadhan is approaching and i want to make the most of it this year in ibaadat inshallah! i heard that the prophet used to have only dates and water at time and i'm considering it aswell, however my family are like your being too extreme and my sis said you're doing it lose weight its wrong! is it? i mean so what if i lose weight during it and i really want to do it do you think i should in ramadhan?
For how long are you planning to live on dates and water for? Days? Weeks? The whole month?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
chacha_jalebi
09-02-2006, 09:19 PM
i did that because i jus wannid to copy RasoolAllah (sal Allah hu aleyhi wasalam) like properly, but if your doing it to lose weight then NO NO, because theres much better ways of losing weight, and you got have a balance of thins in your diet, to lose weight! so dont do it to lose weight, do it because you wanna copy RasoolAllah (sal Allah hu aleyhi wasallam)

remem we are rewarded for our intentions :D:D:D:D:D

~Stranger~
09-02-2006, 09:26 PM
well yeah i know and this is what i meant..... many ppl gain weight in ramadan instead of losing it but when following the sunnah of the prophet insha'allah tha wont happen and they'll stay healthy and help them not to think too much on food in ramadan but rather on the spiritual side of it

Mujahidah4Allah
09-02-2006, 09:28 PM
:sl:

yupz remember intention 'inna mal 3amalu bi niyyath... [actiones are determined by intentions...' but date n water maybe u should brake ur fast with it n eat atleast something even a somosa u need energy :D loosin weight this is not the way neither is slim fast ok ima go off topic so best be off :D

ma'salamah

~Stranger~
09-02-2006, 09:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by hyper~gal
somosa
whats that? :?

Mujahidah4Allah
09-02-2006, 09:35 PM

<< somosa

dunno if these r halal or not lol found em on google :p

ma'salamah

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
09-02-2006, 09:45 PM
Yes, they are halal. Its only bread and meat(halal) or with like potatoes n vegetables. Its good...:D neways off topic.. i was just answering it lol.

Mujahidah4Allah
09-02-2006, 10:05 PM
lolz sis i mean whats on the inside like it could be made by well Allahu A3alam :p

ma'salamah

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
09-02-2006, 10:11 PM
oh okie..LOL..gotcha sis :D
salaam

syilla
09-03-2006, 05:35 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by hyper~gal

<< somosa

dunno if these r halal or not lol found em on google :p

ma'salamah
here...we even have it the frozen one. So it is like a ready made samosa...you just has to fry it when you want to eat it.

how much dates you want to eat? Do you think you can do it? ...you should try considering other healthy food as a backup.

Because i don't think our prophet eat more than 15 dates for breaking fast....
Won't you be hungry...cause we are not used to it... Unless you have been doing it for a whole year....then i guess you can do it.

Actually if you let yourself starving...you'll eat more than what you should eat. So becareful with what you are eating...

May Allah...fulfill your wish...

F.Y.
09-03-2006, 06:01 AM
First, make sure your not doing it to just lose weight and you really wanna do it for the sake of Allah.

If your parents are against you doing it, just do it on odd days. Like every other day. Or, you can always just not tell them you are doing it.

If they keep saying no, just tell them its something youd like to try out for a while, just a 'mini experiment' with yourself. Tell them you're not so stupid that you would pruposefully try to starve yourself to death and its not like you wont be eating at all. You will still be eating dates and stuff.

Give it a go.

bint_muhammed
09-04-2006, 09:40 PM
no seriously i wanna do it because our prophet did it, but i mean if i lose weight even better! lol! its gonna be really hard, while the rest of my family are stuffing themselves i'll be there eating dates! inshallah i'm gonna do despite what people says!
HI GLO
yeah i'm gonna try for the whole month if i can lol! dates are really good for you i mean when i wake up at dusk time i'll probably have cereal but when breaking the fast i'mm gonna do it with dates.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.