/* */

PDA

View Full Version : quran memo or not...?

AnonymousPoster
09-03-2006, 12:47 PM
:sl: I need advice on whether I should go for memorising the quran or not..
I'm a girl and I've heard time and time again that its harder for girls to maintain the memorisation than men cos they tend to be more busy-kids, housework etc...

But I really want to memorise the quran, I've always wanted to...but I'm also so afraid of forgetting it na3udhubillah

An aalimah I know thinks that its hard for girls/women to retain it cos of lots of duties and thats why even though she's a haafidh herself (masha allah) she is does not want to make her own daughters do it.

What should I do?
I've heard of people who hifdh and then forget, and that freaks me out

can anyone please give me advice..?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
lolwatever
09-03-2006, 12:51 PM
salamz sis
nah go4it, i use 2b scared 2 from memorizing coz i was todl about these punishments... but they're all weak and fabricated hadiths

so memorise and allah will reward u 4 ur efforts :D and if u 4get, do ur best 2 revise :)

salamz

AnonymousPoster
09-03-2006, 12:55 PM
really? are they weak haidth? what about the one where the prophet (saw) had adream and saw dif, kinds of punishments and one was for forgetting quran..?

ps J/K for replying bro

Mawaddah
09-03-2006, 12:58 PM
Your Aalimah seriously doesn't want her girls to become Haafidh? :eek:
Now that is one weird and strange thing .

The rewards for being a Haafidh is enormous!! anyone who is able to do it then should go for it Insha'allah. Dont let anything else put you off memorizing Qur'an sis, Nothing should do that to you, like how the brother said, all those hadeeth about punishment for forgetting qur'an is weak.

However it doesn't mean that you can just go and forget your Qur'an like that, Rasulullah already stated in a hadeeth that Qur'an slips away from the memory faster than a camel strays from it's tethers. But then we just have to make effort isn't it :).

A woman might have a difficult time to do her Qur'an after she has responsibilities and husband etc. but with determination anything can be done. Once you have your mind set upon it then you can do it Insha'allah.

In the place where i was studying, I knew many many many many women....who had 5 or 6 children and had to take care of all household duties etc. and PLUS they didn't have a maid or anything to help them out, but they memorized Qur'an, hadeeth, tafseer, etc. It was amazing. These women were just determined Masha'allah.

That's why I dont really sympathize for women who say that "Oooooh I'm soooooo busy with my children, I dont have time to study I dont have time to do anything else bla bla bla " ...because it's not really an excuse. If you set your mind to it you can do it INsha'allah.

Sorry If rambled on so long lol but sis please go ahead and do your memorization, Rasulullah said " The best of you are the ones who memorize Qur'an and then Teach it "

Wassalam.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
AnonymousPoster
09-03-2006, 01:01 PM
aww thanks sis...just what I wanted to hear, I was confused about waht to do and its always best to discuss things-J/K

afriend
09-03-2006, 01:03 PM
:sl:

I am in the middle of doing hifz now....And even though I'm not a girl [:rollseyes] I think that every HUMAN being should try to learn the Quraan by heart...Since I started in Jan. life has only been getting better and better. Some say to me I couldn't last a second in your shoes [school-work-hifz, PS. I'm not trying to show off, astaghfirullah, may Allah keep me away from it, I'm saying it so that it may be an encouragement], I think otherwise.....It's not hard at all....I am now on the path of Allah, and Allah is helping me every second. And I can back that becuase, even though I thought I was going to do bad in my exams, I turned out with top grades [came first in Science :happy:...] And my friends were telling me, leave your hifz becuase ur going to fail your exams and all that garbage. Turns out I beat them all in Science [Ha looosers].

I did forget a few times, even now I will need a huge revision that will take 2 weeks to revive 5 juz completely. And Inshallah they will come back, becuase I have it all planned. No matter how much stress I was subjected to this year, I could always turn to the Quraan for relief, and if you think of it that way, this task can turn into a leisure/fun thing to do.

And that hadeeth for forgetting the Quraan is a da'eef hadeeth...lolwatever will show you as I don't have the link at the moment [Inshallah ;)].

But enough with my own life story, there were many great women in Islam who were hafizahs of the Quraan, just take their examples. And not like today, they had a much tougher life than women of today, most women have it easy [No offence but that is reality] this day and age...

The Quraan is a gift, and to have it in your heart, it opens the gateway to only bounties from your Lord Inshallah.

May Allah make you, me and every one who is trying to become a haafiz(ah) one soon inshallah. May Allah help us to remember the Quraan, as forgetting it is a great loss. May Allah make us act upon what we know of the Quraan. May Allah make learning the Quraan easy for us all.

Ameen.

PS

lol I know who u are ;D ;)

AnonymousPoster
09-03-2006, 01:10 PM
so true ^ that's one of the reasons I've always wanted to memorise insha allah cos its the only way you can totally saturate urself in/with the quran..
put it into every part of ur life, and there is soooo much barakah too

I've seen personally from my brother-he has school then mosque staright after without a break and loadsa H/W-he's in his prime high school yrs--
the time he has (very little) I still don't get how he always comes first in everything masha allah..

OK no-one is gonna put me off do ya hear?!? ;D
pray for me

afriend
09-03-2006, 01:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AnonymousGender
so true ^ that's one of the reasons I've always wanted to memorise insha allah cos its the only way you can totally saturate urself in/with the quran..
put it into every part of ur life, and there is soooo much barakah too

I've seen personally from my brother-he has school then mosque staright after without a break and loadsa H/W-he's in his prime high school yrs--
the time he has (very little) I still don't get how he always comes first in everything masha allah..

OK no-one is gonna put me off do ya hear?!? ;D
pray for me
wow just like me lol....

Trust me.....It's Allah's help....And the help of Allah is ever near :cry:....

Keep on praying :) Ramadhaan is coming up.

I am glad to hear you will be advancing soon...What will your strategies be? [go to the allocated thread inshallah :)]

IceQueen~
09-03-2006, 01:19 PM
edit

afriend
09-03-2006, 01:20 PM
edit

AnonymousPoster
09-03-2006, 02:10 PM
Salaam

Alhumdullillah I completed hifz and I have got to admit, it wasnt easy and still is not easy. Thats because firstly I kept on changing teachers, about 3, 4 times. And then sadly I didnt keep up with my revision as well. Now its become the task for me to remember it all again.

I know Inshallah with the help of Allah I can do it because in a period of approximately 10 weeks I have been able to remember about 15 juz. E

So even if you do forget bits sis, you can still inshallah remember it again with a little bit of effort. :)

AnonymousPoster
09-03-2006, 02:29 PM
J/K insha allah I'll go ahead with it..... pray for me^

Al-Hanbali
09-03-2006, 02:31 PM

"May Allah give you the ability to become a Haafiza sis and fulfil your ambitions Ameen" :)

AnonymousPoster
09-03-2006, 02:33 PM
Amiiiin J/K bro and may Allah help everyone else too

Far7an
09-03-2006, 03:14 PM
A shaykh from Riyadh who is a close friend of my neighbours was speaking to a friend of mine who forgot 2 juzz himself. He said to him, you didn't forget Allaah's words, Allaah made you forget his words! You were not worthy of memorising the Qur'an. If we want to memorise the qur'an we need to make sure we don't commit any sin, none of us are sinless, but that doesn't mean we don't work towards committing less sin. When he told this to my friend, it gave him some motivation.

AnonymousPoster
09-03-2006, 04:52 PM
ermm...OK ...that's ..scary...
I hope Allah makes us all worthy of His words....

Muhammad
09-03-2006, 08:27 PM

I do not think you should allow anyone to put you off such a noble goal, Masha'Allaah. Perhaps the greatest opponent putting these thoughts into your mind is Shaytaan, deceiving you into believing all kinds of fears.

There are study circles for Qur'an where women with children and older women get together to learn not only Qur'an, but it's meaning and tajweed aswell! If they can do it, so can the rest of us, and more so those in their youth and free time. Even though we may get busy later on in our lives, we should at least grasp the opportunity when we are young and Insha'Allaah, holding on to what we already have will be easier than building up from nothing.

Simply reading the rewards and honour Allaah bestows upon the people of the Qur'an is enough to inspire anyone - old or young - to undertake this task. Many youth do make the excuse that they might forget, but how will they know until they have tried? And to never have attempted is perhaps worse than having struggled for the sake of Allaah, as I heard someone say.

Sometimes, you even find people who have forgotten much of the Qur'an - not that they are many Insha'Allaah - but Allaah has awakened in them motivation so that they are picking themselves up and continuing on again, SubhanAllaah! So even if our fears come true; du'aa, striving for the sake of Allaah with faith and trust in Him will Insha'Allaah help us out of the darkness in which we fall.

:w:

Khaldun
09-05-2006, 09:25 PM

We will make you recite so you shall not forget,
Except what Allah pleases, surely He knows the manifest, and what is hidden.
[Surah A'la Ayah 6-7]

Memorise the quran and do your best in keeping it, as long as you put the effort in Allah will not punish you inshAllah.

...Our Lord! do not punish us if we forget or make a mistake; Our Lord! do not lay on us a burden as Thou didst lay on those before us, Our Lord do not impose upon us that which we have not the strength to bear; and pardon us and grant us protection and have mercy on us, Thou art our Patron, so help us against the unbelieving people. [Surah Baqrah Ayah 286]

Saddiqa
09-08-2006, 09:38 PM
salaamz sis,
i have just finished memorising the quraan. i think u should go for it, with repeating one juz a day it will be easy to remember it inshallah
wasalaamz

Al-Hanbali
09-08-2006, 09:41 PM

Revision is the main thing. Keep up with your revision. :)

AnonymousPoster
09-21-2006, 07:37 PM
Okey kokey

now where is one supposed to find a teacher? :( I've been looking but so far its been to no avail...

I wanted to start in ramadan but all the mosques seem to have hols for this month...
pray for me

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.