/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Anybody ever recite Surah Baqarah in prayer?

QuranStudy
09-03-2006, 02:56 PM
If so, how long did it take? Is it better to recite longer surahs than shorter ones?

Thanks.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ayesha Rana
09-03-2006, 03:06 PM
I know someone who fell asleep during the Tarawih cos the Imam was reciting the whole of Surah Al-Bakarah

QuranStudy
09-03-2006, 03:08 PM
I know someone who fell asleep during the Tarawih cos the Imam was reciting the whole of Surah Al-Bakarah
LOL. It's 285 verses' so a looooong wait is expected.

afriend
09-03-2006, 03:08 PM
Not completely, but upto the end of the second, that took about 2-2 and half hours...But I did stop for quite some time on some ayaats, so yeah, if you go for the whole thing in one rak'ah about 3-3.5 hours.....I did that only about 2 times, astaghfirullah may Allah forgive me.

But believe me, the feeling at the end feels GREAT :coolious:

PS. This is for the purpose of encouragement, not for showing off...So don't get me wrong

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Al-Hanbali
09-03-2006, 03:10 PM
:sl:

format_quote Originally Posted by zÂk
u mean complete surah in one rakah ?

yea we did tht once...
surah baqarah in first rakah... n surah ale imran in second.

took abt 3 hrs i guess...
tht was looong bak.... so cant remember exactly.
Subhanallah bro... the whole of Surah Baqarah in 1 Rakat. :eek:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.