/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Palestinian Militants shoot Muslim child going to school...

ManchesterFolk
09-03-2006, 04:20 PM
A mass teachers' strike that is part of a growing Palestinian power struggle erupted in violence Sunday when masked militants trying to keep students away from school shot and moderately wounded a 12-year-old boy trying to go to class.

Palestinian teachers began striking Saturday, the start of the school year, to demand full back pay and regular salaries from the Hamas-led government, which has been financially crippled by six months of international sanctions.

The strike is being lead by leaders of the Fatah Party, a rival Palestinian group that was swept from power by Hamas earlier this year. Fatah, led by Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas, has been trying to pressure Hamas into forming a national unity government that would recognize Israel.

Israel, the United States and the European Union - all of which label Hamas as a terror group - have demanded the Islamic militant group renounce violence and accept Israel's right to exist before they will restore aid to the Palestinian government.

The aid cuts have left the government unable to pay full salaries to its 165,000 employees. An Israeli military offensive in Gaza, launched after Hamas-linked gunmen kidnapped IDF soldier Cpl. Gilad Shalit in June, has added to the government's troubles. Some 200 Palestinians, mostly militants, have been killed in the two-month offensive.

The strike continued Sunday, with most schools throughout the West Bank remaining closed, some by force.

At least three masked militants stood outside a school in the northern West Bank city of Nablus and fired in the air to keep children away, witnesses said.

Stray fire hit a 12-year-old boy, Issam Ghannam, in the abdomen, witnesses said. He was rushed to the hospital where he underwent surgery.

"The boy is in stable condition. He has passed the danger zone and is now resting in intensive care," said Dr. Khaled Qadiri, a doctor at Rafidya Hospital in Nablus.

The child's family, Fatah loyalists, refused to condemn the militants. "There were unknown men with weapons, preventing the students from going to school," said the boy's uncle, Ghannam Ibrahim Ghannam. "They fired, and as an unintentional result of the shooting he was hit."

Hamas supporters, losing patience themselves with the government's inability to pay their salaries, have also tried to put pressure on the government. In Nablus, teachers loyal to Hamas said while the current strike was to force the government into recognizing Israel, they decided to undertake partial strikes, only teaching for half the school day.

Some residents said they supported the strike, which they said proved how ineffectual the Hamas government was six months after taking office.

"If the teachers don't get salaries, they won't teach my children well," said Yasser Hajir, 38, the father of three children in Nablus who supported the strike. "If the government isn't working for students, and the government isn't able to open schools and hospitals, it has no use and should resign."

Other parents condemned the labor action, saying it could lead to youth crime and would damage their children's education.

"The kids are in the streets now, and there are many women who have lots of children like me, their children are in the streets and are not learning," said Nadia Hajj-Ibrahim, a mother of five. "If the strike continues, I won't be able to raise my children, they'll go wild on the streets."

The strike was widely viewed as a tactic by Fatah to pressure Hamas to join it in a national unity government. Abbas hopes the alliance will force Hamas to recognize Israel, helping end the sanctions and enabling him to renew peace talks.

Abbas returned to his West Bank headquarters Saturday after four days of negotiations with Hamas leaders in Gaza. Late Saturday, the PLO's Executive Committee, headed by Abbas, said the talks made little headway and accused Hamas of stalling.

"President Abbas is exerting maximum efforts in order to achieve a government with a political program that will enable us to resume our normal relations with the international community on the political side, on the economic side, on the donor side," Palestinian legislator Saeb Erekat, an Abbas ally, said Sunday. "It's difficult, it's not easy, there are many obstacles facing us."
link

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Jayda
09-03-2006, 06:40 PM
i hate this

QuranStudy
09-03-2006, 06:42 PM
Jerusalem Post?? HAHAHA

Jayda
09-03-2006, 06:49 PM
...there isnt anything funny about this

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
IceQueen~
09-03-2006, 06:54 PM
maybe he means that there is worse stuff going on in jerusalem..?

QuranStudy
09-03-2006, 07:02 PM
maybe he means that there is worse stuff going on in jerusalem..?
I meant his source is notorious for being biased.

Jayda
i hope there isnt... there is nothing worse than the death of a child...

Jayda
format_quote Originally Posted by QuranStudy
I meant his source is notorious for being biased.
oh sorry...

ManchesterFolk
09-03-2006, 11:35 PM
Palestinian News Reporters posted the exact same story.

QuranStudy
09-04-2006, 12:49 AM
Palestinian News Reporters posted the exact same story.
Jew-rUSAlem Post = Jewish media at it finest.

ManchesterFolk
09-04-2006, 01:29 AM
Your point? Muslim news sources said the same thing as the Jewish one...

Palestinians shoot at kids going to school.

arabiyyah
09-04-2006, 02:29 AM
very sad news :(

Islamicboy
09-04-2006, 02:38 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ManchesterFolk
Your point? Muslim news sources said the same thing as the Jewish one...

Palestinians shoot at kids going to school.
Show the proof. Talk is cheap

ManchesterFolk
09-04-2006, 03:05 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Islamicboy
Show the proof. Talk is cheap
http://www.palestinepost.com/

Its the front story right now.

other news like Yahoo, ABC ect have also covered the story.

Islamicboy
09-04-2006, 03:45 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ManchesterFolk
http://www.palestinepost.com/

Its the front story right now.

other news like Yahoo, ABC ect have also covered the story.
"There were unknown men with weapons, preventing the students from going to school," said the boy's uncle, Ghannam Ibrahim Ghannam. "They fired, and as an unintentional result of the shooting he was hit."

From ABC News

http://www.palestinepost.com/ www.arabenews.com < Jewish owned so i heard!

ManchesterFolk
09-04-2006, 04:25 AM
"There were unknown men with weapons, preventing the students from going to school," said the boy's uncle, Ghannam Ibrahim Ghannam. "They fired, and as an unintentional result of the shooting he was hit."

From ABC News

http://www.palestinepost.com/ www.arabenews.com < Jewish owned so i heard!
lol, Jewish owned.... What are you, a "Jews own the world" freak in your basement handing out Nazi propaganda?

The unknown gunmen were identified as Palestinians. How about condemning the act. or do you only cry for little boys getting hurt when its a non-muslim firing the gun? Hypocrite!

Islamicboy
09-04-2006, 04:22 PM
Its a clear fact that jews run majority of news and also they run america. I never said it was ok for the palestinian guy to shoot a child i think he should be shoot too.

lavikor201
09-04-2006, 07:57 PM
Its a clear fact that jews run majority of news and also they run america. I never said it was ok for the palestinian guy to shoot a child i think he should be shoot too.
Your point. The majority of news in the Arab world is run by Muslims who hate Israel... whats the difference between jews running some news stations in america?

Ghazi
09-04-2006, 08:07 PM
:sl:

I wanna know why this is being shoved in our faces like were responsable some how even if this was by a muslim.

lavikor201
09-04-2006, 08:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islam-truth
:sl:

I wanna know why this is being shoved in our faces like were responsable some how even if this was by a muslim.
How is it shoved in your face? You seem to get very upset when a Palestinian child dies from an Israeli gunfire... yet its all excuses and 'media control' when its by Palestinian gunfire. Come one man. Get on topic.

afriend
09-04-2006, 08:18 PM
hey watch out what city you are joining Jews with...

Exactly! Christians kill Christians...I don't see it beeing blown up by the media...Jeez! When it's a Muslim that does something wrong, that's the only time they really make a big fuss about it.

When I was in New York, I heard of a school boy of 15 murdered by another school boy [both Christians...No blooming big deal?]...Also, there was a guy who got shot and died...you don't hear that. But when it's Muslims...Oh NOOO!!

GET A LIFE! We're not angels...We have our faults, and so does every other human being.

lavikor201
09-04-2006, 08:40 PM
Christians kill Christians...I don't see it beeing blown up by the media...Jeez!
Did you not watch television during the IRA vs. England?

Muezzin
09-04-2006, 08:41 PM
I'm only going to say this once:

Everybody calm down or I may well just ban the lot of you.

Now, to the topic.

afriend
09-04-2006, 09:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by lavikor201
Did you not watch television during the IRA vs. England?
I'm talking about today issues....Don't bring back what happened before I was even born, how am I supposed to keep track of things back then? ;D

I'm only going to say this once:

Everybody calm down or I may well just ban the lot of you.
:hiding: lol sorry bro :)

QuranStudy
09-04-2006, 09:28 PM
Your point. The majority of news in the Arab world is run by Muslims who hate Israel... whats the difference between jews running some news stations in america?
Actually, Jews do control the world. For instance, Iran clearly hates the Zionist regime. But who's b1tchy about it? Not Irael, but America! This clearly shows the powerful impact of the Jewish media, Jewish lobby, and sypmathy for the Holocaust.

Ghazi
09-04-2006, 09:34 PM
How is it shoved in your face? You seem to get very upset when a Palestinian child dies from an Israeli gunfire... yet its all excuses and 'media control' when its by Palestinian gunfire. Come one man. Get on topic.
Huh? what do you want an apology or even denouciation your not getting neither from me cause non of this is from my religion sorry i just don't see the point of denoucing something which isn't from my ummah. You don't see me asking every British person to apoligies for what the goverment is doing how come ya'll are asking us to constently apologies.

lavikor201
09-05-2006, 07:53 PM
All I am saying is that the amount of rage you would have if a Jew shot at this boy would be huge, while since it was not a Jew there is no rage.

sameer
09-05-2006, 08:02 PM
All I am saying is that the amount of rage you would have if a Jew shot at this boy would be huge, while since it was not a Jew there is no rage.
would u or manchesterfolk have posted this topic if a jew had shot the child?

Who ever done that should be punished and there is no excuse for it.

lavikor201
09-05-2006, 08:04 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sameer
would u or manchesterfolk have posted this topic if a jew had shot the child?

Who ever done that should be punished and there is no excuse for it.

Probably not. But would you or any Muslim here have posted or cared for that matter since it was not a Jew who shot at him?

I agree everyone should be punished for there crimes.

sameer
09-05-2006, 08:10 PM
Probably not. But would you or any Muslim here have posted or cared for that matter since it was not a Jew who shot at him?

I agree everyone should be punished for there crimes.
it actually hurts even more when a muslim kills a muslim.
But what do u hope to gain by posting these sort of things? u must want to achieve something?

lavikor201
09-05-2006, 08:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sameer
it actually hurts even more when a muslim kills a muslim.
But what do u hope to gain by posting these sort of things? u must want to achieve something?
I didn't post it.

Muezzin
09-05-2006, 08:16 PM
Children, children, please stop fighting.

All life is sacred, lest we forget the old Hadith that killing one person is like killing all of humanity.

sameer
09-05-2006, 08:29 PM
I didn't post it.
yes i know. But i am sure u know what i mean.

anyhow.....as i said...it really hurts when a muslim kills another muslim..

therebbe
09-06-2006, 07:18 PM
it really hurts when a muslim kills another muslim..
I'm sure it does, but what I think lavi was trying to say, is that there seems to be little outrage over it.

sameer
09-06-2006, 07:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by therebbe
I'm sure it does, but what I think lavi was trying to say, is that there seems to be little outrage over it.
^^ you are right

But how come some of the non muslims posters here are quick to "shove" these sort of articles in our face? I mean what do they expect to achieve by doing this?

therebbe
09-06-2006, 07:41 PM
I don't know to be honest.

Zulkiflim
09-06-2006, 08:01 PM
Salaam,

Too many times we have read of propaganda of what muslim are supposed to have done.
Eg Palestinain trasfer weapons by ambulance or palestinain uses kids as shield.

Both were proved wrong by the media itself.the IDF was doing it and they were propagating the lie so that it would be alright for them to do it.

So in short,we cnanot beleive what comes out from the media,they seek dissensiona nd artifice.

The Palestinian has already felt the affect of dis unity.

Now under the westerna dn Isreali arrogance,they have santioned the enitire poeple of palestine to poverty and worse,while the muslim leaders sit back and do nothing.

So to the Ummah,pls donate to the Palestinian as much as you can,send them messages of understading.

Let them be heard that we care and we will help.

therebbe
09-06-2006, 08:04 PM
Too many times we have read of jewish propaganda of what muslim are supposed to have done.
This is not Jewish propoganda, unless of course the boys angry father is just a Jewish propoganda instead of angry father that his boy was shot at...

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.