/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Galloway: Israel poisoning West-Islam relations

sonz
09-03-2006, 06:57 PM
Israel’s 39-year occupation of Arab lands has poisoned relations between the West and the Muslim world, Britain’s anti-war MP George Galloway said, according to Reuters news agency.

“The poison which circulates as a result of this unresolved conflict is poisoning our own lives in the West and making our people more endangered," Galloway told a press conference on Thursday at the end of his visit to Lebanon and Syria.

Israel seized Arab territories in Egypt, Jordan, Syria and Palestine during the 1967 Middle East War. Although the Jewish state withdrew from Egypt and Jordan under peace agreements with the two countries, it still refuses to end its occupation of Palestine or Syria’s strategic Golan Heights.

Israel also invaded Lebanon in 1982 but was forced to withdraw by the Lebanese resistance group Hezbollah in 2000.

"Every time we see a martyrdom video from a young Muslim who was ready to swap his life for many of ours it is Palestine at the heart of this man's motivation," Galloway said.

"It is now the duty of the backers of Israel to impress upon the Israeli leadership... a comprehensive peace."

Galloway, whose opposition to the Iraq War and support for the Palestinian cause has made him popular in the Arab world, also urged the British government to distance itself from the U.S. policies in the Middle East.

He also slammed British Prime Minister Tony Blair over his response to Israel’s latest offensive in Lebanon, saying that the prime minister’s silence should put more pressure on him to quit his job.

Blair, who is facing growing calls to step down, has been criticized in Britain for refusing to call for an immediate halt to Israel’s deadly assault in Lebanon, which killed more than 1,200 civilians.

Galloway also said a post-Blair foreign policy should re-engage Syria, which he described as "moderate, progressive, secular, nationalist".

The new government should also respect the fact that Syria is not a U.S. “slave”, he said.

Galloway, an outspoken critic of Tony Blair, was expelled from the Labour Party for his strong opposition to the 2003 U.S./UK-led invasion of Iraq.

Last year, he became a member of parliament for the anti-war Respect Party.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
QuranStudy
09-03-2006, 07:01 PM
This guy is one smart dude. If people like him had absolute power, there would be no terrorism at all.

Muezzin
09-03-2006, 09:03 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by QuranStudy
This guy is one smart dude. If people like him had absolute power, there would be no terrorism at all.
I'd rather leave absolute power to beings like, say, God.

Trumble
09-03-2006, 09:30 PM
If people like Galloway had "absolute power" please stop the world so I can get off.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
ManchesterFolk
09-03-2006, 11:38 PM
Israel’s 39-year occupation of Arab lands
That never would have taken place if it was not for Arab agression against lands given to the Jews that the Jews had lived in thousands of years before Islam.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
09-03-2006, 11:43 PM
I like this guy. I posted a thread which had a video of him from a news channel...for some reason i dont see it newhere. oh well...

QuranStudy
09-04-2006, 12:40 AM
Actually, it is their fault. If it wsnt for Israel there would be no terrorism.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
09-04-2006, 01:08 AM
When u do somethin to get someone mad, then u better expect a response. Your bound to get angry people like that. Im not even saying they're right for harmin ppl, cuz they rnt. But dont expect some1 to jus sit around and watch it. Go open a book, if ur smart enuff, and learn wat Islam is about. Christians did a lot horrible things in the name of their faith, but u dont see us saying Christianity teaches it! Get a life and grow up kid!
Now im done goin off topic.

Dahir
09-04-2006, 01:19 AM
Galloway is the biggest thug in Europe, and that's a compliment! He went to bed with every genocidal maniac east of the Atlantic! :uuh:

Oil for Food and Galloway

Saddam and Galloway

Galloway recieves praise from Al Qaeda

Galloway in Celebrity Big Brother (PERV)

+o(

ManchesterFolk
09-04-2006, 01:28 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by QuranStudy
Actually, it is their fault. If it wsnt for Israel there would be no terrorism.
Thats right. If it wasn't for Israel, Chechnya, Kashmir, and other conflicts never would have arisen... How ignorant are you?

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
09-04-2006, 01:36 AM
Not as much as u im sure!! You feel the need to say somethin about Muslims but get quickly offended when done in return. If u dont like it then dont say anything. If ur gunna say it, then expect a response.

AvarAllahNoor
09-04-2006, 01:42 AM
Oh come off it, what was the relationship like between the west and middle east before isreal? Galloway talks out of his a***

Dahir
09-04-2006, 01:44 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ManchesterFolk
Thats right. If it wasn't for Israel, Chechnya, Kashmir, and other conflicts never would have arisen... How ignorant are you?
Yes, and its always Muslims who are terrorists....:rollseyes

Although I disagree with QuranStudy's thesis that Israel started terrorism, I disagree that guerilla warfare is terrorism, as they have many names, even "freedom fighters," depending on where funding is coming from and attacks are aimed.

However,

"Terrorists," better referred to by intellectuals as guerillas, aren't just found in Muslim countries, there's the IRA and ETA from Spain and Ireland, and FARC/AUC from Colombia, MS-13 that's active in El Salvador and USA, and Tamil Tigers in Sri Lanka.

By the way, the US referred to chechen rebels as freedom fighters before 9/11, and still funds them, everyone knows that, and for that same reason Vladimir Putin has rough relations with George Bush.

...just a heads up.

arabiyyah
09-04-2006, 02:28 AM
The IRA were considered terrorists werent they?

Dahir
09-04-2006, 04:41 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by arabiyyah
The IRA were considered terrorists werent they?
When I think the IRA, I think the following:

One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter.

The IRA were considered terrorists in the UK, but considered heroes in Ireland and the United States, yes that's right, the IRA were chiefly funded by American citizens - the US has 30 million Irish, that's more than 10x the number of Irish in Ireland!! They fealt sympathy for their people in Ireland so they caughed up money.

And the US government never said a word about it - the US gov't didn't even condemn it!!

:uhwhat .............true!

north_malaysian
09-04-2006, 05:10 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dahir

"One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter."
A point to ponder!!!

Dahir
09-04-2006, 06:02 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
A point to ponder!!!
Exactly. Take that saying with every single viewpoint in the world. One man's trash is another man's treasure. One man's faith is another man's question. One man's nation is another man's playground of destruction. One man's analogy is another man's teaching.

:uhwhat

I gotta sleep.

north_malaysian
09-04-2006, 06:15 AM
Exactly. Take that saying with every single viewpoint in the world. One man's trash is another man's treasure. One man's faith is another man's question. One man's nation is another man's playground of destruction. One man's analogy is another man's teaching.

:uhwhat

I gotta sleep.
and it's 2:15 PM here...:giggling:

Trumble
09-04-2006, 06:23 AM
When I think the IRA, I think the following:

One man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter.
Let's "ponder" that, then. It's an old quote but there is no truth in it; its just a refuge for those who find it convenient to deny the truth.

A terrorist is a terrorist is a terrorist, not a "freedom fighter". The only difference in perception is whether acts of terrorism are justified by the 'cause' in question. Terrorists are only ever considered "freedom fighters" by those ignorant of the cause, ignorant of the methods being used to further it, or both... or those who choose to ignore that knowledge if they have it.

Dahir
09-04-2006, 07:00 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Trumble
Let's "ponder" that, then. It's an old quote but there is no truth in it; its just a refuge for those who find it convenient to deny the truth.

A terrorist is a terrorist is a terrorist, not a "freedom fighter". The only difference in perception is whether acts of terrorism are justified by the 'cause' in question. Terrorists are only ever considered "freedom fighters" by those ignorant of the cause, ignorant of the methods being used to further it, or both... or those who choose to ignore that knowledge if they have it.
You wrote all of that. All you could've said was that <insert group> are terrorists. And guess what? That would be correct, for YOUR viewpoint.

Many will disagree with what you say because to them, those men are freedom fighters. And don't ponder that, its the truth.

I think you are insanely arrogant to try to deny others' viewpoints. :(

north_malaysian
09-04-2006, 07:02 AM
Actually I dont like the tactics used by 'freedom fighters' when they kill innocent people...:cry:

Just look at Iraq, it's not Muslim vs US anymore......

Dahir
09-04-2006, 07:15 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
Actually I dont like the tactics used by 'freedom fighters' when they kill innocent people...:cry:

Just look at Iraq, it's not Muslim vs US anymore......
But that's okay, that's even true....for YOUR viewpoint. You have to understand that no matter how much you are hurt or dissaprove, there is someone who thinks the polar opposite, and the debates even turn into wars, so its best to respect each others' decisions without debate or questioning.

There are people in this world who wholly supported South African apartheid and the methods used by Hitler, so you can only begin to understand that people are DIFFERENT, very different, its a disturbing concept, but its life, let's get used to it.

2:15AM.......sleeeeeeeep.....:uhwhat

Hashim_507
09-04-2006, 09:26 AM
Israel poisoning the whole world peace, zionist agenda is very venomous and dengerous....

north_malaysian
09-04-2006, 09:57 AM
But that's okay, that's even true....for YOUR viewpoint. You have to understand that no matter how much you are hurt or dissaprove, there is someone who thinks the polar opposite, and the debates even turn into wars, so its best to respect each others' decisions without debate or questioning.

There are people in this world who wholly supported South African apartheid and the methods used by Hitler, so you can only begin to understand that people are DIFFERENT, very different, its a disturbing concept, but its life, let's get used to it.

2:15AM.......sleeeeeeeep.....:uhwhat
When we achieved independence from British, the communists terrorise our lives, they burnt our plantations, derailed our trains, killed our people and even bombed the National Monument. Parti Komunis Malaya (Malayan Communist Party) is a 'freedom fighter' for whom?:rollseyes

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.