/* */

PDA

View Full Version : UK Rightists Threaten to Behead Muslims

sonz
09-03-2006, 06:58 PM
CAIRO — Videos showing far-right British extremists threatening to behead Muslims in the European country and tear their guts out have been viewed by hundreds and posted on the famous American movies website, YouTube.

The clips show three white British men, wearing black masks and brandishing knives, clubs and weapons, The Sunday Times reported on September 3.

In one video a balaclava-clad man with a Welsh accent tells Muslims to "go home" or risk being burnt alive.

"We are going to rip the life out of you. I am going to tear your guts out. I’ll cut your head off," he said brandishing a foot-long hunting knife with a serrated blade.

The speaker said slaughtering Muslims would remind him of being "back in the Gulf," which the paper said might indicate he served with the British army in the Gulf.

In another video a man with a London accent wonders what should be done to "fight the so-called religion of peace known as Islam."

Noting that the alleged plot to blow up US-bound planes in midair has resulted in "no retaliation" against Muslims, he said: "Well, wake up. I am calling on England, Ulster, Scotland and Wales to stand and defend the island that we love."

Eleven British Muslims have been charged of conspiracy to murder and planning acts of terrorism over the foiled plot while four people were accused of lesser offences.

Five people are still being questioned but have not been charged.

Worrying

The clips, posted between August 11 and 19, were viewed hundreds of time, according to the British paper.

Massoud Shadjareh, chairman of the Islamic Human Rights Commission, said the videoed threats were extremely worrying.

"There is no question there has been an increase in attacks on mosques and Muslims," he told The Sunday Times.

The release of the videos coincides with reports of a rise in the number of attacks on mosques, said the paper.

Islamophobia gained momentum in Britain, especially after the alleged terror plot.

British Muslims, estimated at 1.8 million, reacted angrily at government plans to single out passengers at airports for security checks based on ethnicity and religion, saying that such a "terror profile" mounted to racism.

Following attacks on London's underground network in July 2005 that left 56 dead, the Muslim minority felt under siege and attacks on mosques have been on the rise.

Attacks and discrimination made two-third of British Muslims consider leaving the country.

Gerry Gable, publisher of the anti-fascist magazine Searchlight, said the anti-Muslim threats must be taken seriously.

"Currently there is a campaign by members of parliament to shut down Nazi websites, so it is very disheartening to find a reputable company like YouTube.com playing host to people advocating terrorism."

http://islamonline.net/English/News/2006-09/03/05.shtml

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
QuranStudy
09-03-2006, 07:00 PM
Bloody fools.

Trumble
09-03-2006, 07:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by QuranStudy
Bloody fools.
Of course they are. Please don't confuse this with any general rise in Islamophobia, though. These people are just racist neo-Nazis with minimal support. If it wasn't muslims it would be Asians, blacks, Jews, Catholics, gays or anybody else who doesn't fit their bigoted picture of what the British population should be.

Muezzin
09-03-2006, 08:54 PM
Best thing about this article: First ever use of 'British extremists'.

Awesome. I wonder if there are extreme sports extremists.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Joe98
09-03-2006, 11:08 PM
Its not nescessary to condemn them because EVERYBODY knows this would be evil and its not nescessary to state the obvious.

Ghazi
09-03-2006, 11:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Joe98
Its not nescessary to condemn them because EVERYBODY knows this would be evil and its not nescessary to state the obvious.
arn't u the one calling for muslims to denouce terrorism and u say a statement like this hmm strange.

Ninth_Scribe
09-03-2006, 11:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
Best thing about this article: First ever use of 'British extremists'.

Awesome. I wonder if there are extreme sports extremists.
Excellent question, and are we sure this isn't some kind of video hoax, like the dude who made the beheading video in California?

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...type=printable

Ninth Scribe

Mohsin
09-03-2006, 11:20 PM

Yeah i see what you're saying, it's similar to our position. many non-muslims have criticised us for not being more vocal in condemning 7/7 9/11 etc, but most of us feel there is no need to condemn it because it's commons sense that its pure evil and wrong

Ninth_Scribe
09-03-2006, 11:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mohsin
Yeah i see what you're saying, it's similar to our position. many non-muslims have criticised us for not being more vocal in condemning 7/7 9/11 etc, but most of us feel there is no need to condemn it because it's commons sense that its pure evil and wrong
Nice!!!

ManchesterFolk
09-03-2006, 11:37 PM
How about condemning the Muslims in the UK who say the same thing.

Muslims in Canada spoke about beheading the PM there... do you condemn that? I condemn this.

Ansar Al-'Adl
09-04-2006, 02:02 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ManchesterFolk
Muslims in Canada spoke about beheading the PM there... do you condemn that? I condemn this.
Let's try to maintain at least some accuracy please. Muslims in Canada did NOT speak about beheading the PM. Rather, a youth was arrested and it was alleged that this boy intended to storm parliament and behead the PM.

As for what Muslims condemn, of course Muslims condemn ALL acts of terror. We repeat it again and again and again. None of these ideas are islamic at all.

AvarAllahNoor
09-04-2006, 02:11 AM
Are you even surprised tht some people will react like this? I'm not. They'll say they've bought it upon themsleves!

ManchesterFolk
09-04-2006, 02:18 AM
As for what Muslims condemn, of course Muslims condemn ALL acts of terror. We repeat it again and again and again. None of these ideas are islamic at all.
Go check the thread where it was annouced Zarqawi died. Post upon post glorifies him, not condmening his terrorist actions.

AvarAllahNoor
09-04-2006, 02:25 AM
Go check the thread where it was annouced Zarqawi died. Post upon post glorifies him, not condmening his terrorist actions.
True! Hypocrisy

Dawud_uk
09-04-2006, 08:53 AM
assalaamu alaykum,

this is funny, the BNP and most of their supporters are only just capable of organising a prank call and even then they'll forget to put in the code for withholding the number lol.

i aint worried by these people, the far right in britain is a joke, they are little people with little lives trying to act big but without the nuts to carry any of their threats through.

assalaamu alaykum,
Daw'ud

Muezzin
09-04-2006, 12:33 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but you're judging the entirety of a religion's followers by what a fraction of them post on an Internet forum?

afriend
09-04-2006, 12:34 PM
It's the BNP getting restless....

Muezzin
09-04-2006, 12:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Iqram
It's the BNP getting restless....
It's a bunch of skinheads with nothing better to do than wear a mask and make a youtube video.

My advice? Go and watch Ask A Ninja instead - it's a guy in a (ninja) mask, but 100% funnier!

afriend
09-04-2006, 12:39 PM
It's a bunch of skinheads with nothing better to do than wear a mask and make a youtube video.

My advice? Go and watch Ask A Ninja instead - it's a guy in a (ninja) mask, but 100% funnier!
yeah....skinheads....chavs.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you're judging the entirety of a religion's followers by what a fraction of them post on an Internet forum?
Isn't that a bit obvious...or does that still need pointing out?

Mohsin
09-04-2006, 01:48 PM
LOL ;D masha'allah very good point. Judging because of what a few people have said on an internet forum :heated:

glo
09-04-2006, 03:30 PM
I feel this is a little different.

As Daw'ud says:
"I aint worried by these people, the far right in britain is a joke, they are little people with little lives trying to act big but without the nuts to carry any of their threats through."
These people are laughable and -at this moment in time - not a real threat! (Unless you disagree with that statement ...)

7/7 and 9/11, however, are real incidents, with real people dying! Consequently I feel those incidents require a louder condemnation than some half-baked meaningless threats.
Non-Muslims need to hear that these actions are not supported by all Muslims across the world! No matter how obvious it may seem to you - the rest of the world needs to hear it and be assured! For the sake of peaceful and harmonious relationships!
Don't you think? :?

For what it's worth, I totally and utterly condemn people making and carrying out threats against any group of people of any ethnic, religious or any other background!
Perhaps we can agree on that?

peace :)

Ninth_Scribe
09-04-2006, 03:54 PM

Skinheads? *Giggles* Why worry about a bunch of juvenile deliquent paramilitary wannabes? Mind you, they do love taking orders: You... take out that trash. And you... clean out that shed and organise it from top to bottom. It's a disgrace! And you... clear that yard. Inspection will be at 16:00 hours!

I wouldn't have a yard at all if it weren't for youngins with nothing better to do ;D

Ninth Scribe

Ninth_Scribe
09-04-2006, 03:59 PM
LOL ;D masha'allah very good point. Judging because of what a few people have said on an internet forum :heated:
Yea, this is a religious forum! Soldiers aren't the hot topic here, no matter which side they're fighting on :okay:

Ninth Scribe

brainiac
09-04-2006, 04:59 PM
[QUOTE=sonz;476853][B]CAIRO — Videos showing far-right British extremists threatening to behead Muslims in the European country and tear their guts out have been viewed by hundreds and posted on the famous American movies website, YouTube...

Nice change of pace, anyway.;D

Genius
09-04-2006, 05:24 PM
I condemn this and condemn it when Muslims do it. The only difference is I feel a personal sense of embarassment when Muslims do it.

Keltoi
09-04-2006, 08:58 PM
To be honest I've been surprised by the lack of serious violent backlash against Muslims in the Western world. I see that as a positive sign, and this video is only a video, and nobody was killed on it.

sonz
09-05-2006, 07:47 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Keltoi
To be honest I've been surprised by the lack of serious violent backlash against Muslims in the Western world. I see that as a positive sign, and this video is only a video, and nobody was killed on it.

A Muslim man has been beaten to death outside a corner shop by a gang of youths who shouted anti-Islamic abuse at him, the Guardian has learned.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk_news/st...527288,00.html

An assault by a white neighbour on a Muslim woman in London has shown just how difficult it can be for victims of alleged racist attacks to prise open the doors of justice. Laura Smith reports

http://society.guardian.co.uk/crimea...834858,00.html

Incidents of racial violence and harrasment in this, the tenth week since the London bombings.

http://www.irr.org.uk/2005/september/ha000016.html

In one of the worst incidents, Mohammed Shezad, 31, and another family member were viciously attacked by a gang outside their business in the Dennistoun area of Glasgow.

The attack left Shezad in intensive care fighting for his life. He suffered multiple stab wounds to his chest, arm, face and skull.

http://www.iwitness.co.uk/scottish/0805s-05.htm

and there are 1000s more incidents here

http://www.islamophobia-watch.com/

masalama

wilberhum
09-05-2006, 06:39 PM
How dare they refer to them as “British extremists”.
This has nothing to do with England. :hiding:

Muezzin
09-05-2006, 08:12 PM
Was that a joke? :p

wilberhum
09-05-2006, 08:33 PM
Was that a joke? :p
Joke? Of course not. Parody? Of course. :giggling: ;D

Isaac
09-06-2006, 10:07 AM
This has nothing to do with England.

Not nice is it. How do you think muslims feel when they read and see it day in day out. Islamic extremist, islamic terrorist, muslim terrorist.
obviously they are british.

wilberhum
09-06-2006, 05:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Isaac
This has nothing to do with England.

Not nice is it. How do you think muslims feel when they read and see it day in day out. Islamic extremist, islamic terrorist, muslim terrorist.
obviously they are british.
I think you need to look up "Parody". :giggling: Obviously they are British.
It is as obvious accurate as your other examples.

blunderbus
09-16-2006, 06:00 PM
The British video makers in question are idiots, having said that...
It should be noted that making a video threatening to kill poeple is not as serious as actually killing people on a video and then proudly posting the snuff-film on the net for all to see.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.