/* */

PDA

View Full Version : piano

AnonymousPoster
09-04-2006, 03:41 AM
I love playing piano and writing poetry when I am sad or depressed. instead of crying or feeling bad. to me it is an outlet. I have learned to play while in school as it was a requirment.I so enjoy it. is it absolutely haram to play it?

Astaghfor allah I almost don't want to know the answer, as I don't wish to give it up when it brings me so much joy to soothe myself on the octaves.

yes I listen to Quran everyday and yes I pray. but is it really haram to do this one thing, when it is really private to me.I am not doing it to make money or seduce people. it is purly for me, the only time I do it, is when I am by myself and feeling down.

please I want an honest opinion of someone who is scholarly on this subject. I heard something somwhere that someone was playing the lute in the time of the prophet and he or someone from sa7ba put a finger in his ear. when the friend asked him if it were 7ram he said no, but didn't want to listen to it.
is this hadith valid? can I go on with a hobby that I love so much? or do I have to give it up?
thank you
:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
samsam
09-04-2006, 08:30 AM
Sorry but i am not a sholar but i tell you now that musical intrusmens are haram.

when you are feeling sad or depressed you should pray 2 ra'at and pray to allah.

playing an intrusment is a waste of time you will be asked on day off judgement what did you with your spare time?

so my advice is to pray salah and pray instead of playing music.

wassalm

Dawud_uk
09-04-2006, 08:42 AM
assalaamu alaykum,

you already write poetry, why not channel your emotions and energy into this halal persuit rather than playing the piano?

assalaamu alaykum,
Daw'ud

Malaikah
09-04-2006, 09:19 AM
:sl:

^Actually i would (from personal experince) advice against writting poetry when feeling depressed as it simply adds to the depression rather than releaving it.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Zulkiflim
09-04-2006, 11:43 AM
Salaam,

Is musis haram?

I know that int he time of the Prophet some did pay music right..or am i mistaken?

correct me with saying pls..thanks

- Qatada -
09-04-2006, 02:19 PM
:salamext:

Statement from the Standing Committee for Academic Research and Issuing Fatwas concerning the prohibition of singing and music
http://www.islamqa.com/index.php?ref...=eng&txt=music

Listening to music in Ramadaan

Ruling on music, singing and dancing

Remember that if a person give's up something for the sake of pleasing Allaah Almighty, then Allaah will replace that person with something better. Just remember to stay patient.

And whosoever keepeth his duty to Allah, Allah will appoint a way out for him, (65:2)

And He provides for him from (sources) he never could imagine. And if any one puts his trust in Allah, sufficient is (Allah) for him. For Allah will surely accomplish his purpose: verily, for all things has Allah appointed a due proportion. (65:3)

That is the Command of Allah, which He has sent down to you: and if any one fears Allah, He will remove his ills, from him, and will enlarge his reward. (Qur'an 65:5)

Allaah Almighty knows best.

:wasalamex

Re.TiReD
09-04-2006, 02:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cheese
:sl:

^Actually i would (from personal experince) advice against writting poetry when feeling depressed as it simply adds to the depression rather than releaving it.

:sl: i dissagree...cuz i write poetry when i'm feelin down...you put all your thoughts onto paper and it helps to make sense of what you're feeling and you get over it quicker...so continue writing instead of piano...dats my advice...:okay:

AnonymousPoster
09-04-2006, 07:28 PM
Did not prophet Mohammed (PBUH) state to "rawi7o 3an anfosikim" as in set some time aside for recreation? forget about depression but as a way to manage stresses of daily life one should preform, regular excercise, have a good diet and some little time aside for recreation... just not to explode... it is called self care..... that shouldn't preclude from working hard, praying plenty or listening to the Quran... is there more than one opinion in this? because I have heard differently and I am not quite sure...

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.