/* */

PDA

View Full Version : *~who speaks out and takes charge?~*

syedanoor
09-04-2006, 04:43 AM
salaam

i'm not sure about you all but i've noticed that (in the west) it is usually the converts that get up take charge. hamza yusuf, yusuf islam, zaid shakir, ingrid mattison...all are such great speakers and known in the muslim communities as leaders!

i've always appreciated and loved converts oh so much! the courage it takes for you all to go against the status quo and convert into a different religion. to deal with all the hardships your family and friends might've put you through! but you all are soo wonderful! to look past all of that in search for the truth.

i believe that one truly is a muslim when he/she finds a reason that satisfies his/her heart from the deepest nooks and corners of why he is muslim? just one fact that satisfies our being of why our chosen deen is correct. and mashaAllah you all have done so!

i just wish that non-converts would stand up more too! i'm sure many already do but why not more!!!

and one big hug to all you converted sistas and a big smile for my brothers!:D

walaikum assalaam

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
syilla
09-04-2006, 04:48 AM
i noticed that too...

i think everyone should have the spirits and take charge :D...

but maybe i'm wrong...maybe they're more famous than the born muslim...(is not they're not taking charge...but they're not that famous)

syedanoor
09-04-2006, 04:50 AM
salaam

^perhaps

but why not we all take charge?

i have a few converted frnds too and they all just seem to be more involved and take more interest in the muslim community than the muslim borns do

walaikum assalaam

~Stranger~
09-04-2006, 05:46 AM
i'm not sure about you all but i've noticed that (in the west) it is usually the converts that get up take charge. hamza yusuf, yusuf islam, zaid shakir, ingrid mattison...all are such great speakers and known in the muslim communities as leaders!
yes its very shameful to us born-and-bred-muslims that these ppl give to islam in their few years conversion more than what we ever did in our 20+ years....

the courage it takes for you all to go against the status quo and convert into a different religion. to deal with all the hardships your family and friends might've put you through! but you all are soo wonderful! to look past all of that in search for the truth.
totally agree..... some brothers and sisters of ours also have to fight not-their-very-islamic families who could be sometimes even worse than non muslim families all coz of culture blah blah blah........

some muslims need a wake up SLAP

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
north_malaysian
09-04-2006, 06:22 AM
When it comes to 'religious'.. I think the reverts are more religious than most born muslims. Just look at the mosques (here in Malaysia).. Chinese reverts seems more religious than the Malays.

Woodrow
09-04-2006, 06:51 AM
It only makes sense that a revert would be more noticible. A revert has lived the life of a Non-Muslim and is very much more in tune, with the thinking of Non-Muslims than a born Muslim is. This means that they feel more comfortable and are more diplomatic when speaking to non-Muslims. They end up getting more encouragement to speak from both Muslims and Muslims, so they become more inclined to speak.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.