/* */

PDA

View Full Version : BREAKING NEWS: Steve Irwin, "Crocodile Hunter," is Dead

Dahir
09-04-2006, 04:58 AM
Source

SYDNEY, Australia - Steve Irwin, the quirky Australian naturalist who won worldwide acclaim, has died in a marine accident off Australia’s northeast coast, local media reported on Monday.

Queensland state government sources quoted by Australian Associated Press (AAP) said Irwin, 44, whose television show “The Crocodile Hunter” won international acclaim and popularized the phrase “Crikey”, was believed to have been killed by a stingray barb that pierced his chest.

He was filming an underwater documentary off Port Douglas when the accident occurred, the report said.

Sky Television also reported that Irwin had been stung by a sting ray.

Australian emergency officials could not immediately confirm the reports.

Irwin won a global following for his daredevil antics but also triggered outrage in 2004 by holding his then one-month-old baby while feeding a snapping crocodile at his Australian zoo.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Woodrow
09-04-2006, 05:10 AM
That is sad. "Crocodille Hunter" is one of the few TV shows I found worth watching. But, keep in mind few people ever have the chance to die doing something they love.

May Allah(swt) be mercifull to him.

north_malaysian
09-04-2006, 05:12 AM
Condolences for his family.....:cry: :cry: :cry:

He's great in explaining animal behaviours.

AHMED_GUREY
09-04-2006, 05:13 AM

:uuh:

strange i always pictured these things as harmless creatures

very sad i liked his shows

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
north_malaysian
09-04-2006, 05:15 AM
It looks harmless ... in fact Malays love to eat grilled stingrays.... but just look at the tail!!! :uuh:

syilla
09-04-2006, 05:21 AM
oh my my...

previously he was bitten by the crocodile..and been hospitalised...

condolences to his family :cry:

north_malaysian
09-04-2006, 05:24 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by syilla
oh my my...

previously he was bitten by the crocodile..and been hospitalised...

condolences to his family :cry:
But I'm not too shocked to learnt that he was killed by his love for nature. Just look at his ...erm... stunts .... in those documentaries... would you do it? Me.... NEVER!!!:scared: :scared: :scared:

AHMED_GUREY
09-04-2006, 05:29 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
It looks harmless ... in fact Malays love to eat grilled stingrays.... but just look at the tail!!! :uuh:
first thing i look at with anything that roams the seas is the MOUTH

and stringrays untill now were still in my ''cool fish'' category

now they OUT :giggling:

but steve made some exciting shows

got my whole my family shooked up ;D

syilla
09-04-2006, 05:30 AM
i will not even try to do any of the stunts...i don't have any guts...

but he is an animal lover...so it is sad to die because of an animal...

how is his wife doing...i'm sure she is devastated...she is so close to him...

~Stranger~
09-04-2006, 05:30 AM
i dont know this guy and have never seen anyof his shows but...........

to Allah we belong and to Allah we return....

Joe98
09-04-2006, 05:55 AM
Terrific fellow!

Probably gone to the great croc farm in the sky!

Dahir
09-04-2006, 05:58 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sister Salam
i dont know this guy and have never seen anyof his shows but...........

to Allah we belong and to Allah we return....
Whoa, never known the "croc hunter..." whoa! :rollseyes

Anyhow, like Woodrow said, how many of us get to die doing something we love? Such a small number and he was one of the lucky.

The Lord giveth, and the Lord taketh, it is the way of the world, it is all a plan.

Back to the main story, c'mon guys, he plays with crocs and snakes, the man was throwing sticks at death, its only a matter of time before death bit back. :uhwhat

north_malaysian
09-04-2006, 06:14 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dahir
Back to the main story, c'mon guys, he plays with crocs and snakes, the man was throwing sticks at death, its only a matter of time before death bit back.
Yeah...you're right!!!

Malaikah
09-04-2006, 07:18 AM
:sl:

I was so shocked to hear about this... especially becuase today at uni my lecturer actually mentioned a qoute by the guy, then i come home and my bro tells me he died.:uuh:

i guess we always thought of the guy as knowing what he is doing, like nothing can harm him cos hes just so good at what he does, i guess you never know when its your time to go...

the saddest part is that he has 2 little kids!:cry:

to Allah we belong and to Allah we return

r0ma
09-04-2006, 07:20 AM
Such a sad day, The guy is an Aussie icon.

:cry:

AvarAllahNoor
09-04-2006, 07:39 AM
Such a shame!! He was so enthusisatic (sp), about all he did. His wife does the same kind of work she should reconsider and brin gup the two kids left without a father.

F.Y.
09-04-2006, 09:07 AM
Ahhhh Steve. I'll miss his personality.....:cry:
May Allah have mercy on him for looking after his creatures so well and having so much respect for the creation of Allah. Ameen.

Hashim_507
09-04-2006, 09:19 AM
Very sad news, i love his show and he was good man...

May Allah have mercy on him...

~Stranger~
09-04-2006, 09:23 AM
Whoa, never known the "croc hunter..." whoa!
what do u mean by this bro??

Such a sad day
u have to be joking right??! is he even muslim?
whats the big deal about this guy?

Malaikah
09-04-2006, 09:24 AM
^chocodile hunter was like his nick name and no he wasnt muslim.

F.Y.
09-04-2006, 09:28 AM

He helped out animals a lot and educated people on the beauty of animals in a fun way, often putting himself at risk (sometimes he did pretty silly things but it was all part of entertainment).
It doesnt matter he wasnt muslim. He was still Ummati of Rasulullah - he probably had more Islam in him than a lot of Muslims these days. He cared for the creatures of Allah and he set up charities and he looked after them well. Remember the story of the prostitute told in a hadith - Allah granted her Jannah for taking the time to give a cat some water. One act of kindness is all it took. This guy genuinely cared and he did a lot for animals.

north_malaysian
09-04-2006, 09:42 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by F.Y.
He helped out animals a lot and educated people on the beauty of animals in a fun way, often putting himself at risk (sometimes he did pretty silly things but it was all part of entertainment).
It doesnt matter he wasnt muslim. He was still Ummati of Rasulullah - he probably had more Islam in him than a lot of Muslims these days. He cared for the creatures of Allah and he set up charities and he looked after them well. Remember the story of the prostitute told in a hadith - Allah granted her Jannah for taking the time to give a cat some water. One act of kindness is all it took. This guy genuinely cared and he did a lot for animals.
Good remarks!!!

AvarAllahNoor
09-04-2006, 09:47 AM

Does he have to be a muslim in order for you to express your sadness????:?

AvarAllahNoor
09-04-2006, 09:50 AM
*Applauds*

r0ma
09-04-2006, 10:13 AM

Your the one who must be joking right?

F.Y. - Great post.

He is an Aussie icon, a great down to earth man who has passed due to a tragic accident, regardless of a mans faith, Its a sad day.

Snowflake
09-04-2006, 10:54 AM
Oh man I'm feeling so sad. I first read about him on AOL news and my tears just sprang out. He was so lively, bouncing about here and there. I can't believe he's gone. :cry: :cry: :cry:

May Allah bring peace to the hearts of his family and friends and make their loss easier to bear. So saddening. :(

Good reply FY sis.

Muezzin
09-04-2006, 12:44 PM
'Tis a sad day indeed when the Crocodile Hunter is laid to rest. He shall be missed.

Also, isn't it nice to have a World Affairs topic where Muslims and non-Muslims aren't at each other's throats?

Must be the Irwin effect, eh? What a guy.

afriend
09-04-2006, 12:48 PM
Oh that's really sad. He was quite a joker, as well as a dare devil :)

g'day mate.

Ghazi
09-04-2006, 12:48 PM

Sad news indeed I enjoyed the guys shows and loved his sense of humour when dealing with those crocs, the whole tragic thing in this is that he never embraced islam this just goes to show dawa must be implamented more by us muslims.

Vaseline
09-04-2006, 12:49 PM
Insha'Allah his wife and kids are doing fine. His wife was not even known about his death until about 3 hours later because she was trekking in tasmania (on the south side of australia, queensland is on the north) and they could not get into contact with her.

He will be greatly missed.

Jayda
09-04-2006, 12:50 PM
i loved steve... what about terry and their baby...

afriend
09-04-2006, 12:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islam-truth

Sad news indeed I enjoyed the guys shows and loved his sense of humour when dealing with those crocs, the whole tragic thing in this is that he never embraced islam this just goes to show dawa must be implamented more by us muslims.
So true. We need to give da'wah especially to the famous, as they are the ones that most of our youth look up to [Not saying that's right]....

AvarAllahNoor
09-04-2006, 01:40 PM

I think he was following Christainity, so why would he embrace islam! Or are you implying if he had, he'd have been spared death?

Umu 'Isa
09-04-2006, 01:44 PM
this is such sad news. I have a lot of respect for steve irwin, his shows were great! At least he died doing what he loves.

Ghazi
09-04-2006, 01:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AvarAllahNoor
I think he was following Christainity, so why would he embrace islam! Or are you implying if he had, he'd have been spared death?
I don't want to turn this into a debate about Christianity Vs Isalm but from an islamic point of view unless u bring the islam which your messenger gave to u your in a lot of trouble thats why i said it was tragic since i enjoyed watching him.

Mawaddah
09-04-2006, 02:13 PM
I just read this news on Yahoo and I have to say that I was extemely shocked :cry: The guy used to do some great shows ....... *sigh*.........

Death is so scary, it creeps up at the most unexpected moments Subhanallah.

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
09-04-2006, 02:19 PM
sad news, the guy was kool, especially his commentary when he was dealing with dangerous animals...

May Allah have mercy on him.

Al-Zaara
09-04-2006, 02:49 PM
:salamext:

Whoa... I couldn't belive it when I saw this thread.
Sometimes, people think that famous people like Steve, may Allah (swt) have mercy on his soul, are always going to be around... But that is of course not the case. :(

He had a great personality and I've never seen anybody who is so entusiastic about every kind of animal.
May Allah (swt) be merciful.
He was a good human being and cared for animals like no other...!
May Allah (swt) also make it easier for his wife and children...

:wasalamex

P.S. Sis F.Y. your post was great. Mashallah.

Ninth_Scribe
09-04-2006, 04:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AHMED_GUREY
first thing i look at with anything that roams the seas is the MOUTH and stringrays untill now were still in my ''cool fish'' category... now they OUT :giggling:
Stingrays are cool fishies... just don't mess with Mom when she's in that mood! I'm going to miss him.

Ninth Scribe

M2A^AKIB^
09-04-2006, 05:15 PM
By BRIAN CASSEY, Associated Press Writer
Mon Sep 4, 9:34 AM ET

CAIRNS, Australia - Steve Irwin, the hugely popular Australian television personality and conservationist known as the "Crocodile Hunter," was killed Monday by a stingray while filming off the Great Barrier Reef. He was 44.

Irwin was at Batt Reef, off the remote coast of northeastern Queensland state, shooting a segment for a series called "Ocean's Deadliest" when he swam too close to one of the animals, which have a poisonous barb on their tails, his friend and colleague John Stainton said.

"He came on top of the stingray and the stingray's barb went up and into his chest and put a hole into his heart," said Stainton, who was on board Irwin's boat at the time.

Crew members aboard the boat, Croc One, called emergency services in the nearest city, Cairns, and administered CPR as they rushed the boat to nearby Low Isle to meet a rescue helicopter. Medical staff pronounced Irwin dead when they arrived a short time later, Stainton said.

Irwin was famous for his enthusiasm for wildlife and his catchword "Crikey!" in his television program "Crocodile Hunter." First broadcast in Australia in 1992, the program was picked up by the Discovery network, catapulting Irwin to international celebrity.

He rode his image into a feature film, 2002's "The Crocodile Hunters: Collision Course" and developed the wildlife park that his parents opened, Australia Zoo, into a major tourist attraction.

"The world has lost a great wildlife icon, a passionate conservationist and one of the proudest dads on the planet," Stainton told reporters in Cairns. "He died doing what he loved best and left this world in a happy and peaceful state of mind. He would have said, 'Crocs Rule!'"

Prime Minister John Howard, who hand-picked Irwin to attend a gala barbecue to honor President Bush when he visited in 2003, said he was "shocked and distressed at Steve Irwin's sudden, untimely and freakish death."

"It's a huge loss to Australia," Howard told reporters. "He was a wonderful character. He was a passionate environmentalist. He brought joy and entertainment and excitement to millions of people."

Irwin, who made a trademark of hovering dangerously close to untethered crocodiles and leaping on their backs, spoke in rapid-fire bursts with a thick Australian accent and was almost never seen without his uniform of khaki shorts and shirt and heavy boots.

Wild animal expert Jack Hanna, who frequently appears on TV with his subjects, offered praise for Irwin.

"Steve was one of these guys, we thought of him as invincible," Hanna, director emeritus of the Columbus (Ohio) Zoo and Aquarium, told ABC's "Good Morning America" Monday.

"The guy was incredible. His knowledge was incredible," Hanna said. "Some people that are doing this stuff are actors and that type of thing, but Steve was truly a zoologist, so to speak, a person who knew what he was doing. Yes, he did things a lot of people wouldn't do. I think he knew what he was doing."

Irwin's ebullience was infectious and Australian officials sought him out for photo opportunities and to promote Australia internationally.

His public image was dented, however, in 2004 when he caused an uproar by holding his infant son in one arm while feeding large crocodiles inside a zoo pen. Irwin claimed at the time there was no danger to the child, and authorities declined to charge Irwin with violating safety regulations.

Later that year, he was accused of getting too close to penguins, a seal and humpback whales in Antarctica while making a documentary. Irwin denied any wrongdoing, and an Australian Environment Department investigation recommended no action be taken against him.

Stingrays have a serrated, toxin-loaded barb, or spine, on the top of their tail. The barb, which can be up to 10 inches long, flexes if a ray is frightened. Stings usually occur to people when they step on or swim too close to a ray and can be excruciatingly painful but are rarely fatal, said University of Queensland marine neuroscientist Shaun Collin.

Collin said he suspected Irwin died because the barb pierced under his ribcage and directly into his heart.

"It was extraordinarily bad luck. It's not easy to get spined by a stingray and to be killed by one is very rare," Collin said.

News of Irwin's death spread quickly, and tributes flowed from all quarters of society.

At Australia Zoo at Beerwah, south Queensland, floral tributes were dropped at the entrance, where a huge fake crocodile gapes. Drivers honked their horns as they passed.

"Steve, from all God's creatures, thank you. Rest in peace," was written on a card with a bouquet of native flowers.

"We're all very shocked. I don't know what the zoo will do without him. He's done so much for us, the environment and it's a big loss," said Paula Kelly, a local resident and volunteer at the zoo, after dropping off a wreath at the gate.

Stainton said Irwin's American-born wife Terri, from Eugene, Ore., had been informed of his death, and had told their daughter Bindi Sue, 8, and son Bob, who will turn 3 in December.

The couple met when she went on vacation in Australia in 1991 and visited Irwin's Australia Zoo; they were married six months later. Sometimes referred to as the "Crocodile Huntress," she costarred on her husband's television show and in his 2002 movie.

Genius
09-04-2006, 05:20 PM
Very sad :(.

chacha_jalebi
09-04-2006, 06:55 PM
crikey:cry: crikey :cry:

thats all i remem of him, he was like the leader of the animal show crew, he started them type of shows & everyone copied him, he was heavy :D bless him! :D:D

hope his family cope well with the loss!!!

Tania
09-04-2006, 07:05 PM
Rest in peace
I never thought he is the owner of zoo...hope his wife will carry on his work, even if will be hard for her.

catmando
09-04-2006, 07:49 PM
...u have to be joking right??! is he even muslim?
So not being a Muslim somehow diminishes a person in your eyes? Steve Irwin raised awareness of the environment the world over. That's what the 'big deal' is about him.

And have some respect in a thread about someone's death. You demean him by your words.

Muezzin
09-04-2006, 08:39 PM
Threads merged.

north_malaysian
09-05-2006, 02:19 AM
Steve Irwin is the greatest Aussie icon ... to the whole world ... Muslims and non Muslims alike!!!

F.Y.
09-05-2006, 04:08 AM
^Well, I dont know if he is the greatest. He's probably as famous (or even more famous) than Crocodile Dundee though (Paul Hogan).

north_malaysian
09-05-2006, 04:41 AM
^Well, I dont know if he is the greatest. He's probably as famous (or even more famous) than Crocodile Dundee though (Paul Hogan).
For sure, he's more popular than John Howard!!! Is it true that they'll give Steve Irwin a State Funeral?

Muslimaatan
09-05-2006, 04:44 AM
well..i never herdd of him..n im startin 2 think thatz weird..cuz it seems like all of yous know him loolz

north_malaysian
09-05-2006, 04:54 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimaatan
well..i never herdd of him..n im startin 2 think thatz weird..cuz it seems like all of yous know him loolz
From Minnesota to Malaysia ... people know him ... and you're not? And you live in NY? Ever heard of Animal Planet?:rollseyes

syilla
09-05-2006, 08:26 AM

lol...nm. some of them don't watch tv. They don't think is needed...not like the m'sian..they cannot live with tv. Except maybe for the tahfiz....

I think its okay not to know about the tv programs....

north_malaysian
09-05-2006, 08:57 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by syilla
Except maybe for the tahfiz....
I have like a dozen of friends who are hoffaz. I went to their Maahad Tahfiz twice. And they do watch tv, vcd .... but not excessively like ... erm.... us.

Mu'maneen
09-05-2006, 04:37 PM
Assalaamu'Alycom Warahhmatullahi Wabarakaatu to my Brothers and Sisters who adhere to the Qur'an and Sunnah alone.

I believe I have an obligation here to post this very important information up.
I have stopped coming to these so called "Islamic" Websites for majority of Muslims on these so called "Islamic" Muslims have filled their hearts with Kufr and Shirk and have left the fold of Islam.

Before I post this up I declare that I am not celebrating his death nor am I happy that he is dead.

Do you not forget the Prophets Uncle?! The greatest non-Muslim who loved and cared for the best of Creation, Muhammad (salla Allaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) and the Muslims? He died rejecting Islam and the Prophet (salla Allaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) cried every night begging Allah to forgive him and have mercy upon him, until one night Allah sent an angel down to Muhammad (salla Allaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) to declare that no matter how much he makes Du'a to Allah, it will never be accepted of him and that he will be in Hell-Fire for eternity. But because of the extreme sadness of Muhammad (salla Allaahu 'alayhi wa sallam), Allah will give his Uncle the least punishment in Hell for all eternity.

Do you not forget the Qur'an?

"Who took their religion as an amusment and play, and the life of the World deceived them. So this Day we shall forget about them as they forgot about the Meeting of this Day, and as they used to reject our Ayats of Qur'an."
7:51

"And if ye are in doubt as to what We have revealed from time to time to Our servant, then produce a Sura like thereunto; and call your witnesses or helpers (If there are any) besides Allah, if your (doubts) are true.
But if ye cannot- and of a surety ye cannot- then fear the Fire whose fuel is men and stones,- which is prepared for those who reject Faith (Islam)."
2:22-23

"But they who disbelieve (in Islam), and deny Our revelations (Qur'an and Sunnah), such are rightful Peoples of the Fire. They will abide therein forever."
2:39

"Miserable is the price for which they have sold their souls, in that they deny (the revelation) which Allah has sent down, in insolent envy that Allah of His Grace should send it to any of His servants He pleases: Thus have they drawn on themselves Wrath upon Wrath. And humiliating is the punishment of those who reject Faith (Islam)."
2:90

etc, etc, etc

What about the authentic words of Muhammad (salla Allaahu 'alayhi wa sallam)?!

Narrated Abu Hurairah (Radeallahu'Anhum) Prophet Muhammad (salla Allaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) said:
By Him (Allah) in whose Hand Muhammad's soul is, there in none from among the Jews and Christians of these present nations who hears about me and then dies without accepting fully in the Message with which I have been sent (Islamic Monotheism) but he will be from the dwellers of the Hell Fire for eternity."
(Sahih Muslim, Book of Faith, Volume One, Hadith Number 240)

By Allah, by what you have said, you have rejected the Qur'an and Sunnah. Turn back to Allah and seek severe repentance in Him for, "the greatest sinner in the eyes of Allah who believes fully in His revelations and understands his mistakes and sin, is much greater than one who is perfect and kind but who rejects even a single sign from Allah".

Take the following advice from our predecessors:

"Whoever has doubt of a non-Muslim going to Hell, then he has indeed committed an act of Kufr and in this state, be among the people of Hell-Fire for ever. If he still has doubt, then let him recite the story of the Prophet's Uncle and his death."

"He who has doubt of a disbeliever entering Hell-Fire, then he has yet to accept Islam and to recite the words of Allah (Qur'an)."

"....If one cannot accept a disbeliever entering Hell-Fire for eternity, after reciting the words of Allah (Qur'an), then his heart has been blackened and are those who are misguided".

wilberhum
09-05-2006, 06:44 PM
I met Steve and his wife while she was pregnant with Bindi. They are really good people. Steve will be missed. He was one of the great conservationists of his time.

Jayda
09-05-2006, 06:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mu'maneen
Assalaamu'Alycom Warahhmatullahi Wabarakaatu to my Brothers and Sisters who adhere to the Qur'an and Sunnah alone.

I have stopped coming to these so called "Islamic" Websites for majority of Muslims on these so called "Islamic" Muslims have filled their hearts with Kufr and Shirk and have left the fold of Islam.

Before I post this up I declare that I am not celebrating his death nor am I happy that he is dead.

Do you not forget the Prophets Uncle?! The greatest non-Muslim who loved and cared for the best of Creation, Muhammad (salla Allaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) and the Muslims? He died rejecting Islam and the Prophet (salla Allaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) cried every night begging Allah to forgive him and have mercy upon him, until one night Allah sent an angel down to Muhammad (salla Allaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) to declare that no matter how much he makes Du'a to Allah, it will never be accepted of him and that he will be in Hell-Fire for eternity. But because of the extreme sadness of Muhammad (salla Allaahu 'alayhi wa sallam), Allah will give his Uncle the least punishment in Hell for all eternity.

"Who took their religion as an amusment and play, and the life of the World deceived them. So this Day we shall forget about them as they forgot about the Meeting of this Day, and as they used to reject our Ayats of Qur'an."

"And if ye are in doubt as to what We have revealed from time to time to Our servant, then produce a Sura like thereunto; and call your witnesses or helpers (If there are any) besides Allah, if your (doubts) are true.
But if ye cannot- and of a surety ye cannot- then fear the Fire whose fuel is men and stones,- which is prepared for those who reject Faith (Islam)."

"But they who disbelieve (in Islam), and deny Our revelations (Qur'an and Sunnah), such are rightful Peoples of the Fire. They will abide therein forever."

"Miserable is the price for which they have sold their souls, in that they deny (the revelation) which Allah has sent down, in insolent envy that Allah of His Grace should send it to any of His servants He pleases: Thus have they drawn on themselves Wrath upon Wrath. And humiliating is the punishment of those who reject Faith (Islam)."

etc, etc, etc

Narrated Abu Hurairah (Radeallahu'Anhum) Prophet Muhammad (salla Allaahu 'alayhi wa sallam) said:
By Him (Allah) in whose Hand Muhammad's soul is, there in none from among the Jews and Christians of these present nations who hears about me and then dies without accepting fully in the Message with which I have been sent (Islamic Monotheism) but he will be from the dwellers of the Hell Fire for eternity."

By Allah, by what you have said, you have rejected the Qur'an and Sunnah. Turn back to Allah and seek severe repentance in Him for, "the greatest sinner in the eyes of Allah who believes fully in His revelations and understands his mistakes and sin, is much greater than one who is perfect and kind but who rejects even a single sign from Allah".

"Whoever has doubt of a non-Muslim going to Hell, then he has indeed committed an act of Kufr and in this state, be among the people of Hell-Fire for ever. If he still has doubt, then let him recite the story of the Prophet's Uncle and his death."

"He who has doubt of a disbeliever entering Hell-Fire, then he has yet to accept Islam and to recite the words of Allah (Qur'an)."

"....If one cannot accept a disbeliever entering Hell-Fire for eternity, after reciting the words of Allah (Qur'an), then his heart has been blackened and are those who are misguided".
i thought muslims say they believe in the same God as Christians... (i am just assuming Steve was Christian..)

sameer
09-05-2006, 07:12 PM

etc, etc, etc

salaams ^^ nice points

I think ppl need to remember that it is halal to feel remorse or to send condolences to the family of the dead, but it is not allowed to make dua for a dead dis-believer. Also we can pray that Allah have mercy on his family by giving them Guidence towards islam.
Remember, he was kind to animals yes....but what were his beliefs? Suppose he was denying Allah and his apostle (saw). Allah is the final judge as to weather he will be forgiven beacuse of his kindness to animals, but its not our place to say that he was kind to animals so he will be fogiven.
We must draw the line some where with regards to our condolences and remorse for his death. So as for asking for mercy for him..... well the hadith below is clear enough to answer that.

Bukhari Volumn 002, Book 023, Hadith Number 442.
-----------------------------------------
Narated By Said bin Al-Musaiyab : From his father: When the time of the death of Abu Talib approached, Allah's Apostle went to him and found Abu Jahl bin Hisham and 'Abdullah bin Abi Umaiya bin Al-Mughira by his side. Allah's Apostle said to Abu Talib, "O uncle! Say: None has the right to be worshipped but Allah, a sentence with which I shall be a witness (i.e. argue) for you before Allah. Abu Jahl and 'Abdullah bin Abi Umaiya said, "O Abu Talib! Are you going to denounce the religion of Abdul Muttalib?" Allah's Apostle kept on inviting Abu Talib to say it (i.e. 'None has the right to be worshipped but Allah') while they (Abu Jahl and Abdullah) kept on repeating their statement till Abu Talib said as his last statement that he was on the religion of Abdul Muttalib and refused to say, 'None has the right to be worshipped but Allah.' (Then Allah's Apostle said, "I will keep on asking Allah's forgiveness for you unless I am forbidden (by Allah) to do so." So Allah revealed (the verse) concerning him (i.e. It is not fitting for the Prophet and those who believe that they should invoke (Allah) for forgiveness for pagans even though they be of kin, after it has become clear to them that they are companions of the fire (9.113).

north_malaysian
09-06-2006, 01:06 AM
HERO'S DEATH SHOCKS YOUNG FANS

KUALA LUMPUR: Young Malaysian fans of "Crocodile Hunter" Steve Irwin are shocked and saddened by the news of his death on Monday.

Like elsewhere in the world where the Crocodile Hunter TV series is shown, children interviewed here say they will miss their wildlife hero's daring encounters with crocodiles and snakes, his infectious sense of humour, and his favourite line "Crikey, take a look at this beauty."

Adrian, 13, from Subang Jaya said :"I was extremely sad and had always feared that Steve would be eaten by a crocodile. I did not expect a stingray to kill him."

Claudine, 12, of Port Dickson, said she was depressed when she heard of Irwin's death.

"From now on, every time I see a crocodile I will think of Steve Irwin."

Eight-year-old Priscilla, from Kuala Lumpur said she was upset, as there would not be any new shows of the crocodile hunter.

"Every show will be a repeat - and that's really sad," she said.

"He was my favourite hero and it's because of his shows that I learned to love snakes."

Desmond, nine, from Seremban said: "It's sad to lose someone who cared so much for animals and treated them with a lot of love. I will miss him."

Irwin's fans will definitely miss his outspoken and humorous character.

He was an icon among wild life enthusiasts. His programmes on Animal Planet were a hit because of his down to earth and unusual tactics in handling wild animals.

Source: The Star, 06.09.2006, page N33

north_malaysian
09-06-2006, 05:59 AM
STEVE, YOU'RE AN INSPIRATION TO US ALL

Steve Irwin died on Monday. I do not know the man, but I know of him. And even then, only through my daughter Elle, who loves the crocodile hunter and his antics in saving the environment.

I'm convinced that Steve has inspired in her, ambitions of being herpetologist, a mad scientist, a palaeontologist. This, for a 10-year-old, is an achievement by itself.

I am a Malaysian living far away from his native Queensland but we have followed Steve's antics on my couch through television.

We have jumped into crocodile pits with him, swam with sharks and whales with him, hung out with orangutans with him.

We have trekked through tropical jungles, waded in African rivers, and recoiled at spitting snakes.

We shared his wedding day with him, his anticipation at Teri's bedside during Bindi Sue's birth, his ogling at Terri's kampung (hometown), New York City.

I know of him so much that he is "Steve", and not Mr Irwin. He has been such an integral oart of my children's growing-up years that it almost feels like he is family.

Thank you, Steve. Your work has had such an impact on us. We will miss you.

FERIDA E. MUSTAPHA

Source: The Star, 06.09.2006, page N58

Dhulqarnaeen
09-06-2006, 06:55 AM
He was great, and so brave. I dont dare to touch a snake but he play with the snakes. And he play with crocodile too, masha Allah so brave. BUT whenever I saw his action, I was always thought "oneday he will suffer something bad from his actions". Cause although its so brave on what he is doing, still to make our self fall into danger things not allowed.

north_malaysian
09-06-2006, 08:03 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dhulqarnaeen
He was great, and so brave. I dont dare to touch a snake but he play with the snakes. And he play with crocodile too, masha Allah so brave. BUT whenever I saw his action, I was always thought "oneday he will suffer something bad from his actions". Cause although its so brave on what he is doing, still to make our self fall into danger things not allowed.
I think, he rather die in action ... rather than dying on the bed.

Sis786
09-06-2006, 08:07 AM
I was devastated at this news i mean he was amazing when it came to nature progarammes (sometimes a bit crazy)

My dad is shocked too!

Sad to hear he had 2 little children.

Just shows you never know where your death is lurking i mean this man messed with some of the most wildest animals and then dies at the hands of a fish .....i for sure never saw that coming!

north_malaysian
09-06-2006, 08:25 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sis786
Just shows you never know where your death is lurking i mean this man messed with some of the most wildest animals and then dies at the hands of a fish .....i for sure never saw that coming!
Agree with you.... But God is great!!! He can even command a mosquito to kill a king!!!

Mu'maneen
09-06-2006, 09:33 AM
Assalaamu'Alycom Warahhmatullahi Wabarakaatu to my Brothers and Sisters who adhere to the Qur'an and Sunnah and reject all forms of sin.

It seems many of you have rejected the authentic evidence I have posted, or did not bother to read it because it is "boring".
Jazak Allah Kher Fe Dunya Wal Akhira to those Muslims who have reacted positively to my post and may Allah place the love in your heart to seek more knowledge, for those who love to seek the correct knowledge, Allah surely makes his/her journey easy to Paradise.

north_malaysian. Can you not see the damage you are doing by posting things such as: "STEVE, YOU'RE AN INSPIRATION TO US ALL"?

Take this advice from the Scholars of Islam:
"He who takes inspiration from the disbelievers or those who are misguided, will become one of them and raise among them on The Day of Judgment. Allah will guide his heart away from His beloved actions and the actions of sin will be hard for him to avoid.
He who takes inspiration from those who are closest to Allah, then He the Most Merciful will show him the path to success."

The love to do the actions Allah loves has left the hearts of majority of the Ummah, and then we turn around and question why there is humiliation upon the Muslims on this Earth. AstaghferAllah Ya Rubbell'Alaameen.

north_malaysian
09-06-2006, 09:38 AM
north_malaysian. Can you not see the damage you are doing by posting things such as: "STEVE, YOU'RE AN INSPIRATION TO US ALL"?
Nope! What's wrong with that?

Woodrow
09-06-2006, 09:50 AM
Assalaamu'Alycom Warahhmatullahi Wabarakaatu to my Brothers and Sisters who adhere to the Qur'an and Sunnah and reject all forms of sin.

It seems many of you have rejected the authentic evidence I have posted, or did not bother to read it because it is "boring".
Jazak Allah Kher Fe Dunya Wal Akhira to those Muslims who have reacted positively to my post and may Allah place the love in your heart to seek more knowledge, for those who love to seek the correct knowledge, Allah surely makes his/her journey easy to Paradise.

"He who takes inspiration from the disbelievers or those who are misguided, will become one of them and raise among them on The Day of Judgment. Allah will guide his heart away from His beloved actions and the actions of sin will be hard for him to avoid.
He who takes inspiration from those who are closest to Allah, then He the Most Merciful will show him the path to success."

The love to do the actions Allah loves has left the hearts of majority of the Ummah, and then we turn around and question why there is humiliation upon the Muslims on this Earth. AstaghferAllah Ya Rubbell'Alaameen.
wa alaikum Brother Mu'maneen,

I am fairly knew to Islam. Perhaps you could quote me the source for your statement? If possible would you also post the paragraph that comes immediatly before it?

I have very limited knowledge of any of the Hadeeth, and that would be of benefit.

Sahabiyaat
09-06-2006, 10:37 AM
this is really sad
feel guilty now for taking the mick out of his over the top aussie accent lol.

you would have thought he would die in the jaws of a croc the way he used to jump on them.

sameer
09-06-2006, 01:10 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
STEVE, YOU'RE AN INSPIRATION TO US ALL

Steve Irwin died on Monday. I do not know the man, but I know of him. And even then, only through my daughter Elle, who loves the crocodile hunter and his antics in saving the environment.

I'm convinced that Steve has inspired in her, ambitions of being herpetologist, a mad scientist, a palaeontologist. This, for a 10-year-old, is an achievement by itself.

I am a Malaysian living far away from his native Queensland but we have followed Steve's antics on my couch through television.

We have jumped into crocodile pits with him, swam with sharks and whales with him, hung out with orangutans with him.

We have trekked through tropical jungles, waded in African rivers, and recoiled at spitting snakes.

We shared his wedding day with him, his anticipation at Teri's bedside during Bindi Sue's birth, his ogling at Terri's kampung (hometown), New York City.

I know of him so much that he is "Steve", and not Mr Irwin. He has been such an integral oart of my children's growing-up years that it almost feels like he is family.

Thank you, Steve. Your work has had such an impact on us. We will miss you.

FERIDA E. MUSTAPHA

Source: The Star, 06.09.2006, page N58
I dont know how u can post something liek this.
First of all, i thought Muhammad (saw) was our inspiration? Secondly, this article gives the impression that it is a tribute to the dead in a manner as if he could hear it? is that islamic? By posting these articles in this manner u are agreeing with it and what it says.
I also saw in another article where a young child would always think of Steve when ever she sees a croc. Arent we supposed to think of Allah when we are awed by his magnificent creations? Who do u think of when u see these animals? I saw again that a child said that Steve was his Hero? his hero? what aboutt he companions of the rasool (saw)? Does the parent teaches his child about the heroes of islam?

Yeah we all liked his show, and we acknowledge that he was brave, but how far u wanna take this and how much of a pedastel u wanna put him on? Are u gonna wrestle alligators tomorrow or capture poisonous snakes? Allah say to tie uer camel...not to be fool hardy and go looking for trouble... the prophet (saw) always took the easier way to do things.
Did he teach u to respect animals? Islam brought that 1400 yrs ago.... so then he didnt teach u anything really nor did he do anything to benefit you except give u entertainment for a short time.

Goku
09-06-2006, 01:36 PM
I was shocked when I heard of Steve's death in the news. I remember a rumour about 5 years ago going round that Steve Irwin died, forunately it was only a rumour back then but not so now, may Allah SWT have mercy on his soul, his shows were unique and entertaining as well as educational.

Stingrays barely cause fatalities, if only they followed that trend for Steve Irwin, my condolences to his family, he will be remembered by millions all over the world. His wife must be heartbroken.

sameer
09-06-2006, 02:02 PM

Bro, i dunno what to say...the hadiths have been posted and also the verses revealed about making dua for the deceased non-believers and still ppl are ignoring them. Now i can only make dua for me and you and the rest of muslims here that ALlah gives us understanding of his deen. Surely who Allah wishes good for, he gives him understandiing of his religion. ameen

Mu'maneen
09-06-2006, 02:04 PM
Assalaamu'Alycom Warahhmatullahi Wabarakaatu.

I am fairly knew to Islam. Perhaps you could quote me the source for your statement? If possible would you also post the paragraph that comes immediatly before it?
Mashah'Allah. As you begin with Islam, may Allah allow you die upon Islam. Aameen. I shall post up the sources (which are from authentic Islamic books) later on tonight.

I have very limited knowledge of any of the Hadeeth, and that would be of benefit.
The statement is not from Hadith, rather it is taken the Scholars of the past who were free from corruption and free from interpreting Qur'an and Hadith according to the desires and emotions.

Following books for the time being which contain the authentic Islamic interpretation:

Essential Questions and Answers Concerning the Foundations of Eemaan & Obstacles in the Path of Eemaan
Allaamah Abdur-Rahmaan ibn Naasir as-Sa'dee.

The Creed of The Four Imaams (2nd. Edition)
Based upon the work of Muhammad ibn Abdur-Rahman al-Khumayyis

The Friends of Allaah and the Friends of Shaytaan
Shaikhul-Islaam Ibn Taymiyyah

The Tree of Faith
Al-Allamah Abdur-Rahman AL-Sadi (d. 1376 H)

One excellent book:
Things That Nullify One's Islaam Including 33 Questions and Answers
Shaykhul-Islaam Muhammad Ibn 'Abdul-Wahhaab

Nope! What's wrong with that?
Then I suggest you read what I have written if you have any fear of Allah and His punishment.

Ghazi
09-06-2006, 02:15 PM

This goes to show why risking your life unesseraly is haraam in islam

nishom
09-06-2006, 02:22 PM

SALAAM,

Muslims should firstly seek inspiration from the Quran and the Noble Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him.)

Indeed, all success lies in the Quran and Sunnah.

However, there is nothing wrong in taking inspiration from someone else, whether Muslim or not-If it means that we become better people.

Look at the great example of great Muslim scholars who took inspiration from Greek philosophers, when Muslims ruled Spain.

Allah Knows Best.

Wasalaam.

Saying this, though, this does not mean that we imitate the non Muslims.

Muezzin
09-06-2006, 02:26 PM

This goes to show why risking your life unesseraly is haraam in islam
Thing is, compared to his other adventures, this stingray thing was supposed to be relatively safe.

sameer
09-06-2006, 02:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by nishom
SALAAM,

Muslims should firstly seek inspiration from the Quran and the Noble Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him.)

Indeed, all success lies in the Quran and Sunnah.

However, there is nothing wrong in taking inspiration from someone else, whether Muslim or not-If it means that we become better people.

Look at the great example of great Muslim scholars who took inspiration from Greek philosophers, when Muslims ruled Spain.

Allah Knows Best.

Wasalaam.

Saying this, though, this does not mean that we imitate the non Muslims.
Nicely put...but dont u think ppl seem to be putting him up on a pedestel? or overdoing it a bit over his death? we have given our condolences..now let us move on...insha Allah!

sameer
09-06-2006, 02:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
Thing is, compared to his other adventures, this stingray thing was supposed to be relatively safe.
hmmmm true......
it goes to show..when Allah ready for u..then he will take u. I'm sure steve didnt think that he was in danger and may not have been as careful as he would have been with a croc.

Shay
09-06-2006, 02:58 PM
I loved him :(

Woodrow
09-06-2006, 05:12 PM
In reviewing this thread more in depth. I can understand everybodies concern and sympathy for Steve Irwin and his family. It is fine to acknowledge his contribution to the entertainment world and for his speading of knowledge about animals to all people world wide.

However, this thread is rapidly becoming a memorial to him and distracting us from thoughts of Allah(swt)

Farewells have been said and it is time for this thread to be closed.

:threadclo

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.