/* */

PDA

View Full Version : So I'm a Muslimah now :)

doodlebug
09-04-2006, 10:43 AM
As Salamu Aleiykum

Said the shahada and did my first Fajr this morning.

(very very tired!! hahahaha)

messed up royally though....in islamicfinder.com I looked up the times and i was so very sleepy at 4am when i did this that i saw the sunrise time of 6:11am, right?

So I did the Fajr at 4:53am, then went back to bed, though couldn't sleep because I knew my alarm clock would wake me up again at 6:11am.

Did a second prayer set at 6:11am, then came online after making coffee and noticed that you don't pray a second one between the Fajr and the Dhuhr.:rollseyes

Oh well. Can't hurt to do an extra one right?:giggling:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
lolwatever
09-04-2006, 10:45 AM
salamz sis doodlebug!!
omg masahlah!!!!! congrats sisss :D:D:D:D:D:D

that's sensational newss!!!! lol i dunno how to express my joyy!!!!

mashalah!!! hehe yeh ull get use 2 the timing soon insahlah!!!! :D

allllll the bessst sissss! yepp now you're our sis from now on, no more heya DB, it's sis DB ;)

take carea ll the best!
salamzzz :)

F.Y.
09-04-2006, 10:46 AM
Hey salam doodlebug! :)

Mashallah. May your journey be fulfilling, spiritual and full of contentment. May Allah grant you good in this life and the hereafter. Ameen.

Love, hugs and peace :)

afriend
09-04-2006, 10:50 AM
:sl:

WOW! that's great to see lol....

Oh well. Can't hurt to do an extra one right?
lol masha'Allah that's great! but just make sure it's not AT the time of sunrise...cos that's when the aztec people pray.

Anyways u'll pick up these things in a while...But al aan [now]....welcome to Islam. :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
doodlebug
09-04-2006, 10:52 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Iqram

WOW! that's great to see lol....

lol masha'Allah that's great! but just make sure it's not AT the time of sunrise...cos that's when the aztec people pray.

Anyways u'll pick up these things in a while...But al aan [now]....welcome to Islam. :)
oooooooooooooooooh :uuh:

Well technically it was 5 minutes after 'cause I hit the snooze button one too many times. :D So I guess I'm ok.

Malaikah
09-04-2006, 10:54 AM

MashaAllah, congratualtions!

How come you didnt tell us you were planning to become a Muslim? :?

doodlebug
09-04-2006, 10:56 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by cheese

MashaAllah, congratualtions!

How come you didnt tell us you were planning to become a Muslim? :?

I did. Last night in my 'how to pray' thread. :)

And to be honest I had no idea it would happen myself. I always sleep until about 9 or 10 on a day off (It's labor day here) and I woke up at 4:10am wide awake for no particular reason. Then I knew in my heart why I woke up. :)

Malaikah
09-04-2006, 11:00 AM
And to think, i thought you only visited this website becuase you were going to marry a Muslim. What a pleasant surprise! :)

afriend
09-04-2006, 11:01 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by doodlebug
I did. Last night in my 'how to pray' thread. :)

And to be honest I had no idea it would happen myself. I always sleep until about 9 or 10 on a day off (It's labor day here) and I woke up at 4:10am wide awake for no particular reason. Then I knew in my heart why I woke up. :)
:ooh:

wow...that's really, great :)

Labour day.....What a name for a holiday :D

oooooooooooooooooh

Well technically it was 5 minutes after 'cause I hit the snooze button one too many times. So I guess I'm ok.
LOL!!

urm...kinda I guess....But leave about 10-15 mins next time though...now that yu know :)

doodlebug
09-04-2006, 11:03 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by cheese
And to think, i thought you only visited this website becuase you were going to marry a Muslim. What a pleasant surprise! :)

And that is what I thought too. lol

I started learning about Islam before joining this site and even before getting engaged. I just didn't delve deeply into it until I did meet my fiance. I have studied a LOT and now I know that this is right.

I told him last night that I was thinking about this and he asked me 100 times over if it was because of him because he said that is not right. I thought of that too but to be honest, I could never not become a Muslim even if we were to break up. Once you see the light, there is no turning back because it is just false, plain and simple. I cannot be false anymore and I am seeing things sooooooooooooooooo much more clearly now it is incredible!!!

~Stranger~
09-04-2006, 11:08 AM
*TEARS*
OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!
i feel like screaming......................

congrats SIS............

i have no words

but- ALLAHU AKBAR !!
AL-IZZATU LIL-ISLAM!!!!!!

S_87
09-04-2006, 11:10 AM

wohoo mashaAllah!!!!!!!!!!!! Alhumdulillah sister :wub: :wub: :wub:

may Allah bless you have mercy on you and make it all easy for you!!

Abdul Fattah
09-04-2006, 11:11 AM
Selam aleykum

Mashallah, sister, welcme to Islam
May allah continue to guide you on the straight path

piXie
09-04-2006, 11:13 AM

hey, congratulations sis.

MashaAllaah! thts great news

May Allaah (swt) reward u, and give u a peaceful, content n happy life. Ameen :)

Mawaddah
09-04-2006, 11:18 AM
Masha'allah sis!! :D :D :D This is such such such wonderful news........I"m so happy....May Allah always bless you and keep you and me upon the straight path Ameen :)

doodlebug
09-04-2006, 11:18 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by piXie

hey, congratulations sis.

MashaAllaah! thts great news

May Allaah (swt) reward u, and give u a peaceful, content n happy life. Ameen :)

pixie i can't help it but everytime i see your avatar i want the recipe for that cake!!!:D

~Stranger~
09-04-2006, 11:23 AM
ur sig says:

3 month
3 weeks
3 days
untill our wedding day

are you going to have 3 kids?:D ;D

AQSA
09-04-2006, 11:24 AM
W E L C O M E

T O

I S L A M

:wub: :wub: ............S I S T E R............:wub: :wub:

afriend2
09-04-2006, 11:35 AM
Salaam,

Alhamdulillah sis! That's excellent news......and don't worry about the extra prayer thing, inshAllah you'll get further reward for it!

May Allah grant you the Highest Status of Jannah! Ameen :wub:

Wassalam :peace:

lyesh
09-04-2006, 11:36 AM
salaam,
awwwwwwwwwwwwww. thts great news, alhamdulillah!
May Allah bless you!
Ameen!

doodlebug
09-04-2006, 11:55 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sister Salam
ur sig says:

3 month
3 weeks
3 days
untill our wedding day

are you going to have 3 kids?:D ;D
funny you should say that...................i have two already and we have agreed to have at least one. he wants a soccer team but i want my sanity so we'll see how that goes.:D

Al-Zaara
09-04-2006, 12:04 PM
:salamext:

Mashallah sister!!! I can't believe it, you actually brought tears to my eyes! lol
I'm so happy... The way you described your guidence... :wub:

I told him last night that I was thinking about this and he asked me 100 times over if it was because of him because he said that is not right. I thought of that too but to be honest, I could never not become a Muslim even if we were to break up. Once you see the light, there is no turning back because it is just false, plain and simple. I cannot be false anymore and I am seeing things sooooooooooooooooo much more clearly now it is incredible!!!
SO beautiful. Allah (swt) has guided you!! Alhamdulillah!!!
I will remember you in my prayers and hope that Allah (swt) will make things easy for you and that you never have to question if He will help you... 'Cause He will!!!! :okay: :wub:

Congratulations for becoming a Muslimah. I pray for your marriage to be successful and filled with love. :wub:

:wasalamex

doodlebug
09-04-2006, 12:07 PM
1) my real name is Bridget. Do I need to change it?:?

2) my cat's name is Christabella, do I need to change that too?:?

Umu 'Isa
09-04-2006, 12:09 PM
mashaAllah thats wonderful news. Congrats sis, and welcome to islam :D
:w:

*Hana*
09-04-2006, 12:13 PM
Salam Alaikum to our newest sister in Islam!!! :loving:

WOW, this is such wonderful news!!!! Allahu Akbar!! :smile: Welcome to the folds of Islam!! :D

Mubarak sis!!! Mashallah!! Today you are like a new born baby. I'm soooo happy for you! :'( (tears of joy! lol)

LOL sister, I did that same prayer after fajr for over a week before I realized my mistake. looool It only took you a day to figure it out. :giggling:

It's also Labour Day for me....Enjoy your day off. :D

If you have any questions or concerns sis, please feel free to contact me and I'll do my best to help, inshallah. :D

May the peace and blessings of Allah, swt, always be on you and may He continue to guide you and keep you on the straight path. Ameen

WOW, such wonderful news to read while having morning coffee. I can't stop smiling. :D

Take care and wasalam for now,
Hana

glo
09-04-2006, 12:16 PM
As Salamu Aleiykum

Said the shahada and did my first Fajr this morning.

(very very tired!! hahahaha)

messed up royally though....in islamicfinder.com I looked up the times and i was so very sleepy at 4am when i did this that i saw the sunrise time of 6:11am, right?

So I did the Fajr at 4:53am, then went back to bed, though couldn't sleep because I knew my alarm clock would wake me up again at 6:11am.

Did a second prayer set at 6:11am, then came online after making coffee and noticed that you don't pray a second one between the Fajr and the Dhuhr.:rollseyes

Oh well. Can't hurt to do an extra one right?:giggling:
Hi doodlebug
I had no idea you were thinking about converting. Perhaps I wasn't paying attention ... :uhwhat

Just wanted to say I wish you well! In your marriage, and your walk with God. :)

Peace, sister. :)

sameer
09-04-2006, 12:23 PM
assalamu Alikum,
Alhumdulillah sister, Allah has really favored u as he did the rest of us by choosing u to be a Muslim.
May Allah continue to guide and bless me and u and the rest of ppl in LI as we stuggle with the different distractions of this world.
Ameen.

Dont worry about the prayer this morning, u'll get it tomorow insha Allah, U can pray fajr anytime after the break of dawn and b4 the sun actually begin to rise.

Qurratul Ayn
09-04-2006, 12:23 PM

CONGRATULATIONS, Sister doodlebug!!!!!!!

Masha'Allah Ta'ala! Hope you and all the Muslims in this world succeed in this life and in the hereafter!

Qurratul Ayn

Jayda
09-04-2006, 12:30 PM
lol ok... really really really dumb question 4 u guys

What is Fajr? and Dhuhr?

...gracias...

~Stranger~
09-04-2006, 12:34 PM
fajr is the dawn prayer and dhuhur in the noon prayer

and its not dumb at all :)

doodlebug
09-04-2006, 12:48 PM
Where can I get the compas to tell me where Mecca is? I totally winged it this morning. :)

Jayda
09-04-2006, 12:50 PM
fajr is the dawn prayer and dhuhur in the noon prayer

and its not dumb at all :)
gracias!

Ghazi
09-04-2006, 12:51 PM

Congrats

amirah_87
09-04-2006, 01:23 PM
As salaamu alaykum,

DoodleBug that is Great news, MashaAllah TabarkAllah Sister May Allah keep you firm InshaAlah, if you need any help Or You got any questions to asks please feel free to ask InshaAllah :)

Where can I get the compas to tell me where Mecca is? I totally winged it this morning.
Check In your Local Islamic BookShops Sis...They should have them InshaAllah..

And again...... Welcome to Islam Darl!! ;)

Mohsin
09-04-2006, 01:33 PM

Congrats on your conversion. If you like there's a thread on conversion stories, perhaps you cfan post yours up :D Stories of Muslim Reverts! - Post yours here!

- Qatada -
09-04-2006, 01:37 PM
1) my real name is Bridget. Do I need to change it?:?

2) my cat's name is Christabella, do I need to change that too?:?

Asalamu 'alykum warahmatulahi wabarakatuh.

The scholars say:

So long as there is no haraam (forbidden) meaning in your old name, it is permissible for you to keep it, although using an Arabic name that has an acceptable meaning is better. (See Question #1692 - Names whose use is forbidden).

Allaah Almighty knows best.

By the way - welcome to islam sister.. i'm really surprised because only yesterday you were asking about how to perform the prayer, but one day later you're actually performing it and you've joined the family of islam without any hesitation.

Verily, Allaah guides those whom He loves.

You're the 3rd person on this forum who's reverted after visiting. First it was Fishman, then Ashley and now sister doodlebug alhamdulillah (praise be to Allaah Almighty.)

Peace.

Muhammad
09-04-2006, 01:45 PM

Masha'Allaah that is excellent news!

May Allaah increase you in knowledge and faith, and keep you firm upon the truth, Aameen!

Khaldun
09-04-2006, 01:47 PM

MashAllah thats great news. May Allah keep you firm on Islam. Also I would like to take the time out and remind you that your first year as a muslim might prove difficult and stressful, but be steadfast and remember that here at LI you always got support inshAllah.

samsam
09-04-2006, 01:56 PM
Alluhu Akbar Sister

Welcome To Islam

Any Questions Pm Me !

Wassalm

ABDULLAH SAOOD
09-04-2006, 01:57 PM
Assalamo-alaikum-warahmatullahi-wabrakatu

Subhanallah - thats xcellent news mashallah. May allah accept you and make you cause to spread the deen to other non-muslims inshallah.

AS

Snowflake
09-04-2006, 02:02 PM
:welcome: To Islam Doodlebug Sis :muslimah: :rose:

May Allah keep you steadfast on the right Path. :amin: :statisfie :thumbs_up

hidaayah
09-04-2006, 02:10 PM

MashaAllah sis! thats wonnderful :wub:
Ameen to all the duas :)

Re.TiReD
09-04-2006, 02:32 PM
:sl: CongRaTuLAtIoNS....:D ...cElEBrATiOnS...:D

mAY AllAh blEss yOu DoodLebUg anD gUidE yOu aLwAyS :okay: :w:

Al-Hanbali
09-04-2006, 02:36 PM

Congratulation sis. "May Allah keep you guided on the right path" Ameen

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
09-04-2006, 02:42 PM
Subhan'Allah....Im so happy I have another sister in Islam.

My day has brightned up by hearing the news...May Allah swt give you his blessings...Please tell us your revert story in the 'Stories of Muslim reverts' thread :)

Please remember we are here to support you 100% through the difficulties you might face as a Muslim...

:D

syilla
09-04-2006, 03:59 PM

i'm ssoo happy for you...

It will be another new journey for you.

May Allah will keep you in your best imaan..

Maybe you should meet one of the sisters that is near to your place...it'll be great..

Ansar Al-'Adl
09-04-2006, 04:26 PM
MashâAllah, congratulations!

habiibti
09-04-2006, 04:36 PM
Masha Allah,congrats sis.May Allah make u steadyfast in His right path and to all of us amin.
its good to have this site for support,anything u need,u know u can count on them.May Allah reward them for it.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
09-04-2006, 05:12 PM
Mashallah sis! welcome aboard :D
May Allah bless u always! Ameen!

doodlebug
09-04-2006, 09:00 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fi_Sabilillah

By the way - welcome to islam sister.. i'm really surprised because only yesterday you were asking about how to perform the prayer, but one day later you're actually performing it and you've joined the family of islam without any hesitation.
Oh I was never hesitant in my intent to revert! lol I was hesitant because 1) I get really really confused sometimes when things are complicated and just looking at the prayers and how to say them gave me a big migraine at first. :embarrass

I knew about a week ago that I would revert and I called someone from our Islamic Society here in Boston and met with her yesterday. She was absolutely wonderful and she told me that if my only fear is that I will mess up the prayer or not do something right then I would wait for an eternity to revert. She said, you know...your time could come tonight. I know that Allah is the one and that Muhammed, peace be upon him, is the final prophet but I was afraid that as soon as I said the shahalah that I would do something wrong.

Kind of like when it's the first day of school and you get the new notebook and you don't want to mess it up.

anyhoooo...I took her words of advice and just did it. I feel overwhelmed and glad and I am still stressed out about not missing a prayer ( I keep looking at the prayer times and looking at the clock and thinking, ok ... what can I get done around here between now and then :uuh: ) and I am very sad that I cannot share ANY of this with my family but still, it is the best thing I know that I have done in my life.

I am a perfectionist and have slight OCD so thinking I may mess up kind of held me back. :rollseyes

format_quote Originally Posted by Fi_Sabilillah
Verily, Allaah guides those whom He loves.

You're the 3rd person on this forum who's reverted after visiting. First it was Fishman, then Ashley and now sister doodlebug alhamdulillah (praise be to Allaah Almighty.)

Peace.
Well with all due respect, this site is great and all but I think what did it for me was reading the book The Idiot's Guide to Understanding Islam coupled with watching the video of the guy talking about how he and his wife and a priest converted to Islam due to a guest from Egypt that they had. His speech was basically what did it for me and I will be forever greatful that I was lucky enough to view it just at the right time.

peace

- Qatada -
09-04-2006, 09:11 PM
Asalaamu 'alykum warahmatulahi wabarakatuh.

masha'Allaah that's really inspiring. i think that salaah is real special in islam, because even the most disorganised muslim still prays salaah - so he knows about what's going on around him/her, i.e. what time it is etc. so it gives them a wake up call to spend their time wisely.

Alhamdulillah, Allaah Almighty placed it in your destiny that you would watch that video, so we all should be grateful for that. i was just trying to point out that you're the 3rd person on this forum who's joined, then later on become muslim - even though it wasn't actually through the members, it's like everyones known you for a long time already.

The Messenger of Allah (Peace be upon) said, "The world is but a (quick passing) enjoyment; and the best enjoyment of the world is a pious and virtuous woman". [Saheeh Muslim].

insha'Allaah your future husband will be really pleased, but most importantly - Allaah Almighty loves you, and that's why He has guided you.

Peace.

Arwa
09-04-2006, 09:18 PM
Wa alaikum assalam

Masha'Allah. May Allah make it easy for you. :)

QuranStudy
09-04-2006, 09:19 PM
Congradulations!!! May Allah bless you and your family.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
09-04-2006, 09:20 PM
Well with all due respect, this site is great and all but I think what did it for me was reading the book The Idiot's Guide to Understanding Islam coupled with watching the video of the guy talking about how he and his wife and a priest converted to Islam due to a guest from Egypt that they had. His speech was basically what did it for me and I will be forever greatful that I was lucky enough to view it just at the right time.
peace
I think the person ur referring to is Yusuf Estes. I could be wrong, but it sounds like him. That too was his story.

~Stranger~
09-04-2006, 09:29 PM
watching the video of the guy talking about how he and his wife and a priest converted to Islam due to a guest from Egypt that they had. His speech was basically what did it for me and I will be forever greatful that I was lucky enough to view it just at the right time.
are you talking about Yusuf Estes?? Masha'allah that bro is just great and his story is wonderful!

Woodrow
09-04-2006, 09:34 PM
Mashallah, Welcome home Sister. You will soon realise you did not become somebody new. You have returned to what you always were. It is a wonderfull feeling to know you have come back home.

Sunflower
09-04-2006, 09:40 PM
Mashallah and congratulations!!!!

rubiesand
09-04-2006, 10:19 PM
Asalamu alaykum sister

Congratulations on your shahadah, and welcome to the family of Muslims :love:

It's interesting about your name Bridget. I think the nearest Arabic equivalent would be Aaliyah, meaning high exalted, to ascend... well that's what Google says it means anyway :happy:

Vitor Blitz
09-04-2006, 10:25 PM
Masha Allah! :D :D :D

Congratulations sister! I am very happy. May Allah bless you!

doodlebug
09-04-2006, 11:14 PM
are you talking about Yusuf Estes?? Masha'allah that bro is just great and his story is wonderful!

Yes that is him!!! I wish I could hear him do other talks as well. Has he done just this one or are there others? I love captivating speakers like that...especially when their talks change your whole life!!!:D

natasha
09-04-2006, 11:57 PM
mashalllah oh my day... its so lovely news...alhamdulilah i love 2 hear these news .. may allah enter u in jannah inshallah.. mabruuuuuuuuukk sis for coming into islam.. welcome 2 islam sis feel free 2 ask anything abut islam inshallah

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
09-05-2006, 12:05 AM
You can go to his websites:
www.islamalways.com
www.islamtomorrow.com
www.islamyesterday.com

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
09-05-2006, 12:07 AM
yea that too..

Barzakh
09-05-2006, 12:11 AM
Mashallah mabrook, may Allah swt make it easy for you and guide you, if you need help of any sort Inshallah let us know.

BlissfullyJaded
09-05-2006, 12:12 AM

Exuse my delay in replying. I meant to do so earlier, but did not get the chance.

Anyways, your beautiful news really brightened up my day. I'm happy for you sister. InshaAllah the sisters at LI will always be there for you to give you support and help whenever you need it. :wub:

May Allah keep your faith strong, and keep you and us all on the right path. Ameen.

:wub:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.