/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Fruit

*KB*
09-04-2006, 12:10 PM
salam

feeling a bit weird 2day so i thought i'd start a conversation on fruit!

so brothers and sisters what is ur fav fruit and why?

my fav fruit iz strawberries bcuz they taste nice lol

*KB*
:rose:
:coolious:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
afriend
09-04-2006, 12:21 PM
:mmokay:

you know..I was just about to start the same topic until....

To make it more interesting [If you don't mind] state your favourite fruit, your reason, and a scientific/health benfit...lol...

happy posting :D

Vaseline
09-04-2006, 12:24 PM
I consume nearly six apples per day!

In the form of juice of course! (You know, those fruit crusher juice type machines). Three apples make one glass and boy it tastes much more sweeter and fresher than the ones in the supermarkets! I <3 love it!

afriend
09-04-2006, 12:27 PM
In the form of juice of course! (You know, those fruit crusher juice type machines). Three apples make one glass and boy it tastes much more sweeter and fresher than the ones in the supermarkets! I <3 love it!
And that way you don't get affected by the gellatine used to filter the apple jiuce to stop it from going cloudy ;)

This is what I suggested a long time ago...Jiuce makers are great :shade:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
piXie
09-04-2006, 12:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Iqram
And that way you don't get affected by the gellatine used to filter the apple jiuce to stop it from going cloudy ;)
i heared tht gellatine was from pig....[ +o( ]

Qurratul Ayn
09-04-2006, 12:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Iqram
:mmokay:

you know..I was just about to start the same topic until....

To make it more interesting [If you don't mind] state your favourite fruit, your reason, and a scientific/health benfit...lol...

happy posting :D
:salamext:

Very good, Brother Iqram but you could have actually stated those things for you, you know.

My favourite fruit is orange, they taste very nice and tangy also sweet and they have Vitamin C in them so good for the body and blood!

Very good, Sister Vaseline on your consuming six apples per day, well nearly!

"A healthy body makes a healthy mind"

Qurratul Ayn

Vaseline
09-04-2006, 12:30 PM
There's gelatine through the process?

Yeah, you can make carrot juice, pear juice etc. (but apple juice is much much better) Naturalism at its best!

*KB*
09-04-2006, 12:32 PM
[QUOTE=Vaseline;477496]I consume nearly six apples per day![QUOTE]

so i take it u lyk fruit lol!

Qurratul Ayn
09-04-2006, 12:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by piXie
i heared tht gellatine was from pig....[ +o( ]

I heard the same thing and I think it is true, because they use Beef or Pork and you can actually find it written on Haribos sweets or cola fizz bottles and that type of sweets.

Qurratul Ayn

afriend
09-04-2006, 12:37 PM
Here's my old, dusy campaign....which is still in action....just rusty :p

Link

Vaseline
09-04-2006, 12:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by *KB*
format_quote Originally Posted by Vaseline
I consume nearly six apples per day!
so i take it u lyk fruit lol!
nah....only apples. I only eat veges and fruits if I feel like it (for example, in a salad or in a certin situation. For example, I saw a half cut tomato very lonely on an empty plate this morning :cry: Poor thing. So I did the right thing and finished it off! :rollseyes )

It usually takes me a fair while to actually eat one apple. So the only reason I liek it because it is more sweeter and fresher when it is freshly "machined" in liquid form.

AQSA
09-04-2006, 12:55 PM
MANGO!

It is a rich source of beta-carotene, which the body can convert to vitamin A..........(v.handy)

The green mango is valuable in blood disorders because of its high vitamin C content.

Excellent source of vitamin A, and vitamin C

Contains 81.71g of water (value per 100 grams of
edible portion).......giving you healthy radiant looking skin!!

& AND GLOWING COMPLEXTION WITHIN DAYS........

Vaseline
09-04-2006, 01:11 PM
I used to love mango back in my childhood days, for some reason I don't like it anymore. Insha'Allah, I'll try and encourage myself to eat some in the upcoming summer. But we'll see how we go!

- Qatada -
09-04-2006, 01:24 PM

And give glad tidings to those who believe and do righteous good deeds, that for them will be Gardens under which rivers flow (Paradise). Every time they will be provided with a fruit therefrom, they will say: "This is what we were provided with before," and they will be given things in resemblance (i.e. in the same form but different in taste) and they shall have therein Azwajun Mutahharatun (purified mates or wives), (having no menses, stools, urine, etc.) and they will abide therein forever.

(Qur'an Surah al Baqarah 2:25)

Qurratul Ayn
09-04-2006, 01:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fi_Sabilillah

And give glad tidings to those who believe and do righteous good deeds, that for them will be Gardens under which rivers flow (Paradise). Every time they will be provided with a fruit therefrom, they will say: "This is what we were provided with before," and they will be given things in resemblance (i.e. in the same form but different in taste) and they shall have therein Azwajun Mutahharatun (purified mates or wives), (having no menses, stools, urine, etc.) and they will abide therein forever.

(Qur'an Surah al Baqarah 2:25)

Jazak'Allah Khair for that post Brother Fi_Sabilillah, very thought-provoking and makes one thank Allah Ta'ala for the fruit provided in this world and to pray to be awarded Jannah in the Hereafter.

Qurratul Ayn

Mawaddah
09-04-2006, 01:32 PM
I love all types of Fruits, any fruit, I could eat fruit all day.

It's a habit of mine, that whenever I go out I always take an apple to eat on the way.

But my most favorite? that would be pretty difficult.......I guess I love any fruit which is tart or sour/sweet. Oh yeah and I love green mangoes dipped in chilli soy sauce :D

Re.TiReD
09-04-2006, 02:13 PM
:sl: i just lurve Kiwi's!! :D has anybody ever had fruit dipped in melted chocolate?? lol a great idea of mine :okay: ...now all the kids eat fruit without complaining!

Mawaddah
09-04-2006, 02:18 PM
^ YOu sure it's your idea? is'nt that what they always show on magazines? fruit dipped in chocolate? I hope you aren't taking unworthy credit :okay: :p

Re.TiReD
09-04-2006, 02:20 PM
lol you caught me out sis :okay: but it's a different thing seeing it and another thing altogether to get up off your bottom and get up and do it!! :D (well it is for me anyway...i'm mega lazy! :uhwhat ) :w:

piXie
09-04-2006, 03:12 PM
iv just remebered fruit chaat...we always make it in ramadan for aftari

right now my favourite fruit is...errm iv forgotten how u spell it ...:uhwhat

syilla
09-04-2006, 03:41 PM
if i tell what type of fruit i eat..i'm sure all of you will go :uuh:

umm-sulaim
09-04-2006, 03:47 PM
naaah, course we won't, do say sis ^...

my favourite fruit is pineapple but....very sadly, i'm allergic to it, so i have to settle for tinned!!
i love lyches too and starwberries and cherries...the list is endless...

wassalaam

Al-Zaara
09-04-2006, 03:51 PM
:sl:

My favourite fruit? Hmmm... Probably raspberry!!! I just looove it... :D Then comes strawberry and then mango... Mmmm... I'm getting hungry now... :offended:

A very yummy thread sis! :okay:

:w:

Nawal89
09-04-2006, 04:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al-Zaara

My favourite fruit? Hmmm... Probably raspberry!!! I just looove it... :D Then comes strawberry and then mango... Mmmm... I'm getting hungry now... :offended:

A very yummy thread sis! :okay:

I bought some raspberries the other day and they tasted :X. didnt like them.

My favorite fruit would be...
Mango...
rambutan...
mangosteen..

so many..sometimes i dont know which ones i like better. :)

syilla
09-04-2006, 04:36 PM
Well here goes...but please no vomiting...you'll dirty the LI...

this is ciku..and also called Sapodilla, Naseberry, Nispero, Sapote

the infamous fruit...

twinkle twinkle little star how i wonder what you are....
on the table there you are...like a fruit that is not too far...

very healthy fruit...

nothing like the ticklish hair...

amirah_87
09-04-2006, 04:44 PM
As salaamu aalykum,

Well I've taken a liking to Pears nowadays.. subhanAllah they're just too good!!..:)

all fruits are beautiful though subhanAllah.. except for the pineapple which is soo nice but like my sister umm sulaim i'm allergic to it too.. :-\

Who was that Scholar who never tasted fruit In His life cause he did'nt want to get attached to the worldy goods .... :?
I think it was Shiekh Al-Islam Ibnu Taymiyah .. Allahu a3lam!

Nawal89
09-04-2006, 05:22 PM
syilla...that rambutan looks soo goood!!!!!!!!!!
But i like the yellow rambutan better for some rason :)

Al-Zaara
09-04-2006, 06:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nawal89
I bought some raspberries the other day and they tasted :X. didnt like them.
WHAAAT?! You didn't like them?? :ooh: :omg: You are just like my younger sister. :mmokay: :okay:

Well, we all have different taste... AT least you like mango!!! That's good!!! :D

Al-Zaara
09-04-2006, 06:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Nawal89
syilla...that rambutan looks soo goood!!!!!!!!!!
But i like the yellow rambutan better for some rason :)
Is a rambutan that red fruit that sis syilla posted a pic of? That last pic? :?

Tania
09-04-2006, 06:38 PM
I like the water melon and i will can find them in the supermarkets for around one month on, which is great.

What taste has the ticklish hair, it looks weird :hmm:

umm-sulaim
09-04-2006, 07:29 PM
Syllia they look adventrous... :)
what do they taste like, and isn't one of them the one you said has a bad smell in another thread...?
i like this fruit thats got little thorns all over the outsides and if it gets into your skin it does hurt so you gotta peel it under water and have tweezers ready to pull the thorns out...i have no idea what its called though??

wassalaam

Woodrow
09-04-2006, 07:50 PM
One of my favorite subjects. I am a fruitaholic. My favorites:

Figs (we have about 10 varieties in Texas, I had 20+ trees before moving to Austin, 6 varieties so had fresh figs year round)

Fresh Lychees, expensive here but worth it

Dates of course, I prefer the huge ones from Saudi, fairly cheap at our local Halal market.

Kiwi fruit Very low cost here

Mangos, another cheap one here and nearly always can be found fresh.

Papaya I like the Mexican ones, gigantic nearly as big as a watermelon. Love the seed for salad dressings etc.

Pineapple My favorite are the Mexican sugar loaf, much sweeter than the Hawaiin, but not as pretty and smaller, but taste better.

snakelegs
09-04-2006, 07:52 PM
do muslims have any special blessing they say when they eat fruit?

- Qatada -
09-04-2006, 07:55 PM
Before eating any food a muslim should mention the name of Allaah; "bismillah" is used alot - which means 'in the name of Allaah.'

Allaah Almighty knows best.

Peace.

afriend
09-04-2006, 08:02 PM
& AND GLOWING COMPLEXTION WITHIN DAYS........
:happy: I'm going to get myself a truckload of mangoes, jazakallah for letting me know sister

do muslims have any special blessing they say when they eat fruit?
Before and after....

First:

bismillahi 'alaa barakaat illah

in the name of Allah, upon the blessings of Allah

and after:

shukur wal hamdulillah.

Thanks and praise to Allah

Mawaddah
09-04-2006, 08:33 PM
Syilla I misssssss all of those fruits!!! :'( :'( especially the durian!!

I haven't had them in 2 years already :( except for the ciku (in Bahamas they call it Dilly) I have a Ciku tree in my yard but the birds always eat them up lol.

I like to eat the belimbing (star fruit) with a little bit salt too.....that's nice.

And I LOVE matakucing, (it means cats eyes )

and Langsat

And then there is the infamous Guinep (pronounced guh-nep) which Bahamians just looooovee :D

And I like cactus fruit too, I found it out in Yemen, you have to be careful though because it has little thorns all over the skin which you have to peel.......the Yemenis call it turn innit umm-sulaim? yummmyyyyy

*sigh*.......talking about this fruit is making my mouth water and I'm fasting too :D I'd better get outta here .

umm-sulaim
09-04-2006, 09:35 PM
LOol maw thats the one ^^^ masha Allah!

i miss that, and them big grapes...its orange season this time in DJ right, grapes are dying off around now... (raisin time lol)

cats eyes looka a bit like lyches sah?

(ayaat adheem/great signs) right....

wassalaam

snakelegs
09-04-2006, 09:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fi_Sabilillah
Before eating any food a muslim should mention the name of Allaah; "bismillah" is used alot - which means 'in the name of Allaah.'

Allaah Almighty knows best.

Peace.
thanks!

Vitor Blitz
09-04-2006, 09:58 PM
I love every fruit esp bananas

Mawaddah
09-04-2006, 10:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by umm-sulaim

i miss that, and them big grapes...its orange season this time in DJ right, grapes are dying off around now... (raisin time lol)

wassalaam
Man dont even remind me about Dammaji Grapes !! :'( :'( I have never ever ever ever found grapes like the ones in Dammaj...they are just heavenly Subhanallah.....I miss them :(

And then the Dammaji Pomegranates too....*sigh*....I could eat them all day, and in Egypt the Guavas are heavenly!! and they got beautiful Mangoes in Egypt also mash'aallah....

Helena
09-04-2006, 10:13 PM
my fav fruits wud be...esp banana, grapes, pear, orange, green apple...

during summer....jackfruits(national fruit in bangladesh and pakistani mangoes are simply da best..very juicy and delicous....

i like strawberries, cherry......

amirah_87
09-04-2006, 10:13 PM
As salaamu alaykum,

SubhaanAllah, those grapes were tooo GOOOD!! I have'nt found ones that taste like 'em either Mawaddah... *sighs* :'(
And the pomegrantes... Boy O' Boy!!.. No one beats them on that!!!

Hey Mawaddah, that fruit "Dawm" that we used to go tree picking for, you remember!?? I think you do... ;D

Anyways.. what's it called in English.. and have you ever found/seen them again...:?

Mawaddah
09-04-2006, 10:17 PM
^ Ahahahaha yeah I remember DAWM :lol: :haha:

I looooooooooove Dawm :wub:

you know thats a popular fruit in the Bahamas also, and I went Dawm picking on someones roof a few months ago :p and then they came out and I almost fell over the roof ;D ;D

I remember umm-sulaim went crazy over it and then it made her sick didn't it? lol ;D ;D ;D

You know another thing I also love to eat? Fresh tamarind......yum yum.......I love the sourness :wub:

Woodrow
09-04-2006, 10:17 PM

wassalaam
They are Lychees. One of my favorites. I just noticed somebody mentioned catus fruit, I forgot about them because they are so common here. I love them. They are a low cost fruit that is often over looked. Here they are called "Tuna" (same as the fish). Very healthy have been a staple of the American Indians for thousands of years.

Prickly Pear Cactus Medicine (Treatments for Diabetes, Cholesterol, and the Immune System)

The first complete guide to natural healing properties and uses of the prickly pear cactus

Examines the scientific research promoting the cactus as a natural diabetes and cholesterol medication as well as its use in the treatment of obesity, gastrointestinal disorders, skin ailments, and viral infections
Explores the healing uses of prickly pears from the perspective of doctor, chemist, ethnobotanist, cook, and layman
Includes 24 cactus recipes—from Prickly Pear Bread to Cactus Candy
The prickly pear cactus—a plant that has the distinction of being a vegetable, fruit, and flower all in one—is destined to be the next big herbal superstar, following in the footsteps of St. John’s wort and Echinacea, according to author Ran Knishinsky. One of the driving forces behind its popularity is that each part of this plant functions as both food and medicine. It has been a staple in the diets of the people of the southwestern portion of the United States, the Middle East, parts of Europe and Africa, and Central and South America for hundreds of years.

Traditionally, the prickly pear cactus has been used as a panacea for over 100 different ailments. More recently, it has been the subject of blood cholesterol research trials sponsored by the American Heart Association. In addition to the results of this research, Knishinsky includes scientific studies on the antiviral properties of the cactus to treat herpes, influenza, and HIV, as well as its use in treating obesity, gastrointestinal disorders, and skin ailments. A resource section details the natural food companies that supply prickly pear cactus and a chapter of recipes offers 24 traditional and modern dishes using the pads and fruit of the cactus.

Mawaddah
09-04-2006, 10:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
They are Lychees. One of my favorites. I just noticed somebody mentioned catus fruit, I forgot about them because they are so common here. I love them. They are a low cost fruit that is often over looked. Here they are called "Tuna" (same as the fish). Very healthy have been a staple of the American Indians for thousands of years.
No Bro Woodrow they are not Lychees, Matakucing and Lychees are two different things. Lychees have red skin whereas matakucing has brown/yellowish skin. And the Lychee flesh is opaque, but matakucing flesh is clear........the picture is of matakucing.

amirah_87
09-04-2006, 10:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mawaddah
^ Ahahahaha yeah I remember DAWM :lol: :haha:

I looooooooooove Dawm :wub:

you know thats a popular fruit in the Bahamas also, and I went Dawm picking on someones roof a few months ago :p and then they came out and I almost fell over the roof ;D ;D

I remember umm-sulaim went crazy over it and then it made her sick didn't it? lol ;D ;D ;D

You know another thing I also love to eat? Fresh tamarind......yum yum.......I love the sourness :wub:
As salaamu alaykum,

:lol: you remember :D

It's found in The Bahamas, I don't think it's found here in London.. :? what do they call it over there Darl ... dawm too!? ;D

It was'nt umm sulaim who went sick over it..
it was ME!! diarrohea and vomiting for a week straight...:uuh: they said i musta bitten into a rotten one with worms in it +o( :offended:

I luv fresh tamarinds too Sis.. but after a while.. they make my teeth all squeaky :heated: dunno how to explain!! :D

BTW: Did you know that DAWM is a great for the hair..... a good old native remedie from our dammaajees ;)
you grind the seeds and then soak it in water until it all slimey.. (the smaller the bits the better).and then you put in on your hair, and put a shower cap or a towel on... and you let it stay in for a while and wash it out... try it out sometime InshaAllah! ;)
It's very good, the girls and I used to do it on the jum3ahs only, we would've done it more often.. but that was our only free time innit!!? :)

Woodrow
09-04-2006, 10:31 PM
No Bro Woodrow they are not Lychees, Matakucing and Lychees are two different things. Lychees have red skin whereas matakucing has brown/yellowish skin. And the Lychee flesh is opaque, but matakucing flesh is clear........the picture is of matakucing.
I stand corrected. Here in the gocery store they sell the matkucing as lychees, I guess I never saw a real fresh lychee then. My Son-in Law always called them matkucing. I thought that was Urdu for Lychee, :giggling:

syilla
09-05-2006, 01:07 AM
^^^

mat = a nick name for a guy

we call it mata

mata (it sounds like mothe) = eyes

kucing (sounds like koocheeng) = cat

yeah...it does taste delicious...

but you couldn't eat too much of that...you will get a bad cough...same as the rambutan.

syilla
09-05-2006, 01:09 AM

sis mawaddah pictures...look like the dragon fruit. The dragon fruit are sweet and delicious too. And your hand will stained with the red colour too... :D

north_malaysian
09-05-2006, 04:59 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
I stand corrected. Here in the gocery store they sell the matkucing as lychees, I guess I never saw a real fresh lychee then. My Son-in Law always called them matkucing. I thought that was Urdu for Lychee, :giggling:
"matkucing"?:rollseyes

"matakucing" (Cat's eye) makes a good drink. But when I was a kid, I refused to drink it .... because .... I dont drink "eyeballs" espcially taken from an animal like cat!!! :giggling: :giggling: :giggling:

north_malaysian
09-05-2006, 05:00 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by syilla

sis mawaddah pictures...look like the dragon fruit. The dragon fruit are sweet and delicious too. And your hand will stained with the red colour too... :D
I love dragon fruit so much.... my neighbour has a dragon fruit farm.

north_malaysian
09-05-2006, 05:05 AM

I dont really like ciku it's too SWEET!!!

I call this one a 'poisonous fruit'. Why? If you lock me inside a room with one of this thing ... I'll suffocate and die within 10 mins. I HATE IT. I NEVER TASTE IT (INCLUDING THE ICE CREAM). But my parents and both my sisters eat this fruit.

Yummy!!!

It's so hard that my gums bleeding.... but good for 'rojak'.

Love this......:love:

Dhulqarnaeen
09-06-2006, 06:40 AM
Masha Allah bro, your fruits pic so so "menggiurkan" :D . I call it rambutan in Indo. And I have rambutans farm, we will have the fruits masak about this october and november insha Allah. And there are some type of rambutan too, rambutan, there are rambutan rapiah, bangkok etc. What do U call rambutan in Malay?
This mata kucing called klengkeng in Indo, and chinese call it klongan if Im not mistaken. And the dragon fruit, I saw it the other day in supermarket, just hearing the name make me worry to eat it! ;D
And the one which you said good for rojak, we call it jambu batu, I like it (Im wondering wether theres food that I dont like..lol), especially the one wth the red biji.
And you hate durians? Even John Stamford Rafless (man who found Singapore) like durians :D And you dont? This is expensive fruits, and the taste is extremely delicious :rant: . And Im one of the best who can pick the "masak" one :playing: ...yummy...masha Allah. Wondering wether in heaven theres durian? :rollseyes ;D

Dhulqarnaeen
09-06-2006, 06:49 AM
Syilla I misssssss all of those fruits!!! :'( :'( especially the durian!!

I haven't had them in 2 years already :( except for the ciku (in Bahamas they call it Dilly) I have a Ciku tree in my yard but the birds always eat them up lol.

I like to eat the belimbing (star fruit) with a little bit salt too.....that's nice.

And I LOVE matakucing, (it means cats eyes )

and Langsat

And then there is the infamous Guinep (pronounced guh-nep) which Bahamians just looooovee :D

And I like cactus fruit too, I found it out in Yemen, you have to be careful though because it has little thorns all over the skin which you have to peel.......the Yemenis call it turn innit umm-sulaim? yummmyyyyy

*sigh*.......talking about this fruit is making my mouth water and I'm fasting too :D I'd better get outta here .
We cal langsat Duku in Indo, and the famous one is duku Palembang, I ever eat it till I have stomach ache in the morning :cry: :D
And is it the cactus really have its fruits? :uuh: Serious niiii?

syilla
09-06-2006, 07:09 AM
^^^

oh my my...you like durian..then you should be friends with my hubby and my son (and he is only 2 and a half).

yeah...there are so many types of rambutan...

and jambu batu is not really hard...when is ripe...it is quite soft.

and we also have mangosteen...(in malay manggis (sound like manggees)

jack fruit (in malay we call it nangka)

sour soup...and if you make a drink from this...wow it taste delicious...
before sour soup is unknown fruit...nobody really like it. Now its expensive. Malay call it durian belanda.

oh...and persimmons...this is delicious too

north_malaysian
09-06-2006, 08:10 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dhulqarnaeen
Masha Allah bro, your fruits pic so so "menggiurkan" :D . I call it rambutan in Indo. And I have rambutans farm, we will have the fruits masak about this october and november insha Allah. And there are some type of rambutan too, rambutan, there are rambutan rapiah, bangkok etc. What do U call rambutan in Malay?
This mata kucing called klengkeng in Indo, and chinese call it klongan if Im not mistaken. And the dragon fruit, I saw it the other day in supermarket, just hearing the name make me worry to eat it! ;D
And the one which you said good for rojak, we call it jambu batu, I like it (Im wondering wether theres food that I dont like..lol), especially the one wth the red biji.
And you hate durians? Even John Stamford Rafless (man who found Singapore) like durians :D And you dont? This is expensive fruits, and the taste is extremely delicious :rant: . And Im one of the best who can pick the "masak" one :playing: ...yummy...masha Allah. Wondering wether in heaven theres durian? :rollseyes ;D
In Standard Malay, rambutan is called as 'Rambutan'!!!:giggling: But in North Malaysia we call it "Bok Tan".

Dragon fruit is SO TASTY AND SWEET.... try it!!! The taste is somewhere between "Chok Nan" (a type of sweet thai mango) and mangosteen...

For my whole life I only met two Malaysians who hate durians.... and I've seen Europeans, Arabs, Japanese eating durian like crazy...:giggling: Durians are not really expensive especially in the northern region (especially in State of Perak), this season they sold 10 durians for RM 5.00 (in Taiping town).

north_malaysian
09-06-2006, 08:16 AM

yeah...there are so many types of rambutan...
Is it ... I thought there are only two types - the red ones and the yellow ones..... and the yellow ones are sweeter...

My favourite too.... because I dont eat durians, my parents would buy me mangosteen or rambutan.... while they are tucking to their durians!!!

Gulai Nangka (jackfruit curry) with shrimps .... yummy!!!

Soursop or "durian belanda" - the only "durian" I can eat or drink (makes good drink!!!)!!!

Mawaddah
09-06-2006, 12:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Dhulqarnaeen
And you hate durians? Even John Stamford Rafless (man who found Singapore) like durians :D And you dont? This is expensive fruits, and the taste is extremely delicious :rant: . And Im one of the best who can pick the "masak" one :playing: ...yummy...masha Allah.
Is it expensive in your country Dhul? this Durian? Because in Malaysia it's just tooooooooooo cheap sometimes.....Anyone can buy it. So cheap :)

north_malaysian
09-07-2006, 03:26 AM
Is it expensive in your country Dhul? this Durian? Because in Malaysia it's just tooooooooooo cheap sometimes.....Anyone can buy it. So cheap :)
But it's cheaper in Thailand!!!

syilla
06-29-2007, 07:23 AM

Jambu air

I don't what you called in english or scientific terms.

All i know it is yummy and it is one of the tropical fruit.

syilla
06-29-2007, 07:46 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tania
I like the water melon and i will can find them in the supermarkets for around one month on, which is great.

What taste has the ticklish hair, it looks weird :hmm:
Thats the rambutan, It taste sweet and yummy.

The flesh is kinda like lychee but it tastes different. I'm sure you will love it. Everybody loves it.

syilla
06-29-2007, 07:48 AM
Syllia they look adventrous... :)
what do they taste like, and isn't one of them the one you said has a bad smell in another thread...?
i like this fruit thats got little thorns all over the outsides and if it gets into your skin it does hurt so you gotta peel it under water and have tweezers ready to pull the thorns out...i have no idea what its called though??

wassalaam
the Malaysian don't think it smells bad, some loves the smell. But it does have a strong smell. They called it 'durian'.

What fruit is that? you have to pull the thorns out using the tweezers? :uuh:

rozeena
06-29-2007, 08:03 AM
i luv mangoes der just sooo sweet n yummy and cherries.

syilla
07-13-2009, 08:46 AM
*bump again...

just love this thread :D

Tony
07-13-2009, 08:59 AM
Turkish cherries fresh from tree, the best fruit ever without a shadow of doubt, MMMmmmMMM MMmmm

north_malaysian
07-13-2009, 09:11 AM
*bump again...

just love this thread :D
you love all threads that have "durian" word in it right? :exhausted

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.