/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Did you know..................

AQSA
09-04-2006, 12:28 PM
..............that cow's milk has a cure for every illness in it?

Yes, it's true! On the authority of 'Abdullaah ibn Mas'ood (may Allaah be pleased with him), the Prophet (sallallaahu 'alayhe wa sallam) said:

"Drink cow's milk! For verily it (the cow) eats from all kinds of vegetation, and it (the milk) is a cure for every illness."

[1] It was collected by Al-Haakim (#8274). Al-Albaanee called it saheeh in Saheeh Jaami' As-Sagheer (#4059).

..............Did you know there was a man who memorized a million narrations of the Prophet (sallallaahu 'alayhe wa sallam)?

It's true! His name was Ahmad ibn Muhammad ash-Shaybaanee, also known as Imaam Ahmad ibn Hanbal, may Allaah have Mercy on him. Aboo Zur'ah ar-Raazee said,

"Ahmad ibn Hanbal had memorized one million hadeeth." [6]

Taareekh Baghdad (4/419), refer to the introduction of Tadreeb ar-Raawee (1/40, Maktabah al-Kawthar)

This number may shock you, however it is not strange considering he was the called the imaam of Ahlus-Sunnah. Similar numbers have been reported about his peers and contemporaries:

Al-Bukhaaree - 300,000!
Muslim - 300,000!
Aboo Daawood - 500,000!
Aboo Zur'ah ar-Raazee - 700,000!
Yahyaa ibn Ma'een - 1,000,000 (written)!

Reports mentioning these numbers can be found in Tadreeb ar-Raawee (1/40-42).

Some one might say - How can there be hundreds of thousands of narrations from the Prophet (sallallaahu 'alayhe wa sallam)? The answer is from a number of angles:

-1- These numbers are very possible since the Companions used to focus on and talk about everything the Messenger of Allaah (sallallaahu 'alayhe wa sallam) did, said, and approved of. They also would describe his character and physical characteristics.

The shaykh explained that they would talk about what he did from the minute he woke up until he went to sleep, where he went, how he walked, what he ate and drank, how he prayed, what he said to whom, etc. They reported everything they saw from him. [8]

As explained by Wasee Allaah 'Abbaas in his classes explaining Tadreeb ar-Raawee, which took place in the year 1421 at the Haram in Makkah.

-2- These numbers include narrations that come by way of different chains. One hadeeth may have dozens of different chains, and each one is memorized and considered a hadeeth.

Ath-Thahabee said about the 1,000,000 narrations of Yahyaa ibn Ma'een, "He meant with repetition (one hadeeth with different chains and wordings). Do you not see that he (Yahyaa) said: 'If we had not written the hadeeth 50 times we would not have known it.'"

Siyaru A'laam an-Nubalaa' (11/85)

-3- These numbers also include a number of statements and actions of the Companions (mawqoofaat) and their students (maqtoo'aat).

According to al-Bayhaqee, as quoted by as-Suyootee in Tadreeb ar-Raawee (1/41).

It may also be asked - Is it really possible for one person to memorize hundreds of thousands of narrations?

The answer lies in the early scholars' understanding of the word memorization (hifth). Some of them understood it means word-for-word memorization, while others understood that it includes a man knowing exactly where the narration is found in his book, or that he knows of the narration in a general way. [8]

As explained by Wasee Allaah 'Abbaas in his classes explaining Tadreeb ar-Raawee, which took place in the year 1421 at the Haram in Makkah.

And Allaah knows best.

(Source: http://www.bakkah.net/interactive/islamic-facts-2.htm)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
*KB*
09-04-2006, 12:36 PM
salam
wow sister thank u it was very informing!
Jaza'Kallah!
wasalam

Re.TiReD
09-04-2006, 01:31 PM
..............that cow's milk has a cure for every illness in it?

thank for sharing! :) black seed oil has the cure for every illness does it not?? :w:

arabiyyah
09-04-2006, 03:02 PM
wow! very interesting! :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
umm-sulaim
09-04-2006, 03:58 PM
may Allah reward you sis, thanks !! :)

wassalaam

- Qatada -
09-04-2006, 04:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by dreamer

thank for sharing! :) black seed oil has the cure for every illness does it not?? :w:

:salamext:

It was narrated from Abu Hurayrah that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “In the black seed is healing for every disease except death.”

Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 5364; Muslim, 2215.

source: http://www.islamqa.com/index.php?ref...t=black%20seed

:wasalamex

------
09-04-2006, 04:07 PM
:sl:

Erm what happened to the other did u know thread?

:w:

syilla
09-04-2006, 04:12 PM

i love drinking milk...

but i always feel bloated after drinking it...it doesn't feel comfortable at all. But usually i couldn't care less.

- Qatada -
09-04-2006, 04:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by syilla

i love drinking milk...

but i always feel bloated after drinking it...it doesn't feel comfortable at all. But usually i couldn't care less.

:wasalamex

Sister, that's probably to do with lactose intolerance. You should make a thread about that and people will help you out insha'Allaah.

It normally happens that when the person drinks the milk, then their stomach gets bloated and they need to go to the bathroom.

You can find more info. here insha'Allaah:
http://www.lactose.co.uk/intolerance/index.html

Allaah Almighty knows best.

:salamext:

syilla
09-04-2006, 04:47 PM

oh...thank you :thankyou:

I never know that i'm lactose intolerance. i just drink one bottle of milk during break fast... :uuh: ....now i know why i'm getting all kinds of allergy...

There are two types of deficiencies of lactase enzyme :

the primary deficiency which is a permanent state. The congenital form is very rare, while the delayed lactase disappearance, also called primary hypolactasy of the adult, is much more common. The lactasic activity generally starts to decline as from the ageof 2 ; however this phenomenon can also appear only towards the age of 20

secondary deficiency is generally a temporary state due to a deterioration of the mucous membrane of the small intestine. It lasts approximately one week after recovery. Young babies (infants) and children suffering from gastro-intestinal infection or malnutrition are particularly vulnerable to this type of secondary deficiency of lactase enzyme. It can also be caused by a coeliac disease, by an allergy to cow's milk, by certain drugs and by gastro-intestinal surgery.
i guess i'm the primary one...

what i'm going to do with all the milk i just bought :rolleyes:

amirah_87
09-04-2006, 04:54 PM
As salaamu alaykum,

Lol.. Sis Syllia .. I Dislike the taste of milk (drinking it by itself) yuuccckh :heated:

That was good info though Sis, BarakAllahu feeki!

MusLiM 4 LiFe
09-04-2006, 05:07 PM
wkd post :)

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
09-04-2006, 05:10 PM
nice post...:D worthy note.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!