View Full Version : Early Christianity + Paganism = Modern Christianity

QuranStudy
09-04-2006, 08:44 PM
Interesting read on how Christianity evolved:

http://www.religioustolerance.org/chr_jcpa1.htm

It's a huge article, but here are the main headings:

Similarities between Paganism and Christianity

Reasons for the similarities

My comments: The most reasonable reasons seems to be the Christianity copied pagan rituals. Another theory was that Satan did it to decieve. If that is indeed the case, then almost all Christians are under influence of Satan, as evident through paganist rituals during Christmas, Easter, and other holy events. Another good reason is that Christians found paganistic rituals as the literal truth. This idea is gaining widespread popularity. However, under historical evidence, a good reason may be forgery, where this "god-man" theory has become a hoax. From my understanding, there were numerous individuals before Christ who claimed divinity.

Implications of the similarities

My comments: Conservative Christians in the Middle East and other holy regions (the minority) consider the Bible as the one and only truth and completely disregard paganistc rituals. Some theorists claim that "miracles" such as the virgin birth, miraculous healings, crucifixion, ascension etc. were all paganistic ideas during Christ's time. Thus many of the Christian beliefs are not original. Personally, I find Christianity as paganism with a monotheistic god-man/man-god.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
QuranStudy
09-05-2006, 02:44 PM
Is Trinity a pagan idea as well stolen by Christians?

lavikor201
09-05-2006, 09:18 PM
There are some sites that also say "Allah" was an ancient pagan moon god since we are all believing what we read on the internet these days! :)

QuranStudy
09-05-2006, 09:47 PM
There are some sites that also say "Allah" was an ancient pagan moon god since we are all believing what we read on the internet these days
Well, the Quran outright rejects the idea. The Quran itself says the God of Jews and Christians is the same God for Muslims.

btw, my source is credible :) The blend of Christianity and Paganism is an historical fact.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
lavikor201
09-05-2006, 10:16 PM
But the Bible says the G-d of the Jews is the one they worship to, is it not?

QuranStudy
09-05-2006, 10:34 PM
But the Bible says the G-d of the Jews is the one they worship to, is it not?
Yes, we also believe in one God. That is why the Trinity confuses me since Christians claim to believe in one God as well. Divinifying a man makes things more complicated.

Trumble
09-06-2006, 02:39 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by QuranStudy
Yes, we also believe in one God. That is why the Trinity confuses me since Christians claim to believe in one God as well. Divinifying a man makes things more complicated.
It's not a difficult concept; three aspects of the same thing, not three Gods.

On the main point you are quite correct (although its hardly news). Evolving Christianity certainly absorbed influences from all the cultures with which it came into contact, including religious elements. Exactly the same is true of every other "great religion". Indeed, those of us who believe that the Qur'an is the work of man and not God would say Islam is the ultimate example of that, being to a large extent a mish-mash of what had come before. I wouldn't expect you to accept that, of course!!

جوري
09-06-2006, 03:59 AM
We can accept that if it were true... Islam has brought forth much that wasn't even mentioned in the previous scriptures... we can discuss examples if you'd like...

QuranStudy
09-06-2006, 04:04 AM
It's not a difficult concept; three aspects of the same thing, not three Gods.
That leaves alot more confusing questions. For instance, why did Jesus have to be born if he's God? The Bible clearly claims that pregnancy is a punishment mandated by God to women. As questions become more complicated, there are also Biblical verses that differentiate between Jesus and God. It's not as easy as one may think.

Exactly the same is true of every other "great religion". Indeed, those of us who believe that the Qur'an is the work of man and not God would say Islam is the ultimate example of that, being to a large extent a mish-mash of what had come before. I wouldn't expect you to accept that, of course!!
No religion other than Christianity stole ideas/rituals from paganism. Please do not diminish other faiths by claiming otherwise.

wilberhum
09-06-2006, 07:10 PM
Please do not diminish other faiths by claiming otherwise.
So only diminish Christianity?

therebbe
09-06-2006, 07:27 PM
No religion other than Christianity stole ideas/rituals from paganism. Please do not diminish other faiths by claiming otherwise.
Can you please tell me what was going on in Mecca in that area where you pray, before islam?

QuranStudy
09-06-2006, 07:29 PM
So only diminish Christianity?
Isn't it true that Christianity blended with pagan ritual??

Can you please tell me what was going on in Mecca in that area where you pray, before islam?
Paganism?? Key word :BEFORE Islam. The Quran denounces paganism and anything associated with it. I'm not too sure about Judaism.

جوري
09-06-2006, 07:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by therebbe
Mecca is home to the first house of worship of God, the Kaaba, said to have been built by the prophet Abraham and his son Ishmael....... you can check it out on http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontl...s/beliefs.html
not a Muslim website... then pagans went there... but not for long... it is again the house of the one and only God.....

wilberhum
09-06-2006, 07:38 PM
It it not true that Christianity blended with pagan ritual??
Yes, anyone that has studied religion knows that. But it is not the only one. All do. It is just that some don't recognize it.

therebbe
09-06-2006, 07:39 PM
I'm not too sure about Judaism.
Oh and why is that? Please elaborate.

Maybe one of your reasons is because we yell out every day twice:

Hear O' Israel the L-rd is our G-d the L-rd is One!

Or was it that we were the monotheists that you are having second thoughts?

I'm going to have a field day with this one.

QuranStudy
09-06-2006, 07:42 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_Calf

therebbe
09-06-2006, 07:46 PM
Again, since a Jew is no longer a Jew when he denounces Monotheism how is Judaism not Monotheistic? Please elborate further with your own thoughts not a hate website, or something about the golden calf especially since we were not "Jews" yet until after we recieved the Torah so in reality the people who had the calf were not even Jews, but from the tribe of "Hebrews"

QuranStudy
09-06-2006, 07:50 PM
Again, since a Jew is no longer a Jew when he denounces Monotheism how is Judaism not Monotheistic? Please elborate further with your own thoughts not a hate website, or something about the golden calf especially since we were not "Jews" yet until after we recieved the Torah so in reality the people who had the calf were not even Jews, but from the tribe of "Hebrews"
Okay, that's understandable. I realize the Golden Calf isnt really part of Jewish custom.

Woodrow
09-06-2006, 08:20 PM
[QUOTE=QuranStudy;47921
No religion other than Christianity stole ideas/rituals from paganism. Please do not diminish other faiths by claiming otherwise.[/QUOTE]

Interesting thought but perhaps need some clarification. By definition all religions except for the Abrahamic Montheistic religions would be classiefied as Pagan religions, so only 3 religions (Judaism,Christianity and Islam) could be accused of stealing from Paganism. I can agree that Christianity did incorporate many Pagan beliefs and still continues to do so. However, I believe what we will find more common are pagan beliefs that have stolen concepts from the Abrahamic beliefs and some of those are difficult for an outsider to distinguish from an Abrahamic Belief stealing pagan ideas or a Pagan religion stealing Abrahamic Beliefs. As a result an outsider could easily come to the conclusion that all three Abrahamic religions stole Pagan beliefs. For clarity perhaps your statment would be better understood as:

No Abrahamic religion other than Christianity stole ideas/rituals from paganism. Please do not diminish other faiths by claiming otherwise.

glo
09-07-2006, 03:33 PM

Thanks for the links, QuranStudy. Very interesting.

I wrote a lengthy post this morning, which took me ages - just to be zapped by the computer at the last minute! Aarrggghh .... ^o)

Some of the issues in the article you provided I cannot comment on, but these are a few comments I would like to make :

Jesus as the sacrificial lamb is a direct reference to the old Jewish custom of sacrificing animals as atonement of sin. That's exactly what Jesus did: paid for our sins, once and for all!

As for baptism and the sharing of bread and wine, these are things done in direct reference to and following the example of Jesus.
Jesus saying and doing certain things gives Christians the assurance that they have his divine authority - hence any similarities to other practices seem quite irrelevant. :rollseyes

I do however agree that there are pagan influences in Christianity.
As far as I understand a mixing in of pagan elements was largely allowed or even introduced by church leaders in the past to entice, coax or force non-believers into the Christian faith.
If you ask me, that's a sad demonstration of how not to spread the Gospel! :?
The message of Jesus cannot be spread by force, persuasion or trickery - but only by encouraging people to open their hearts to it, and by letting the Holy Spirit do the rest!

The amazing thing, however, is despite all this the message of Jesus Christ lives on.
Despite pagan influences, the rise of secularism and the emergence of other religions, the Gospel prevails and continues to touch people's hearts some 2000 years after Jesus lived his earthly life.
:)

Peace.

QuranStudy
09-07-2006, 03:45 PM
The amazing thing, however, is despite all this the message of Jesus Christ lives on. Despite pagan influences, the rise of secularism and the emergence of other religions, the Gospel prevails and continues to touch people's hearts some 2000 years after Jesus lived his earthly life.
That must explain why atheism is rising fast in Christian countries.

glo
09-07-2006, 03:49 PM
That must explain why atheism is rising fast in Christian countries.
LOL
I'm sure you've been sent to test my patience, QuranStudy! :giggling:

I'll leave the above quote as it stands ... not much point commenting on it.

Peace, brother. :)

sameer
09-07-2006, 03:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
Thanks for the links, QuranStudy. Very interesting.

I wrote a lengthy post this morning, which took me ages - just to be zapped by the computer at the last minute! Aarrggghh .... ^o)

Some of the issues in the article you provided I cannot comment on, but these are a few comments I would like to make :

Jesus as the sacrificial lamb is a direct reference to the old Jewish custom of sacrificing animals as atonement of sin. That's exactly what Jesus did: paid for our sins, once and for all!

As for baptism and the sharing of bread and wine, these are things done in direct reference to and following the example of Jesus.
Jesus saying and doing certain things gives Christians the assurance that they have his divine authority - hence any similarities to other practices seem quite irrelevant. :rollseyes

I do however agree that there are pagan influences in Christianity.
As far as I understand a mixing in of pagan elements was largely allowed or even introduced by church leaders in the past to entice, coax or force non-believers into the Christian faith.
If you ask me, that's a sad demonstration of how not to spread the Gospel! :?
The message of Jesus cannot be spread by force, persuasion or trickery - but only by encouraging people to open their hearts to it, and by letting the Holy Spirit do the rest!

The amazing thing, however, is despite all this the message of Jesus Christ lives on.
Despite pagan influences, the rise of secularism and the emergence of other religions, the Gospel prevails and continues to touch people's hearts some 2000 years after Jesus lived his earthly life.
:)

Peace.
How do the average christian diffrentiate what was the Gospel of Jesus and the pagan practices? Jesus would have spoken out against paganism, so everyday chiristians celebrating christmas, halloween and other pagan festivals would not be adhering to the gospel. So how can u say the Gospel prevails despite pagan influences and secularism (eg homosexuality, eating pork etc)?

glo
09-07-2006, 04:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sameer
How do the average christian diffrentiate what was the Gospel of Jesus and the pagan practices? Jesus would have spoken out against paganism, so everyday chiristians celebrating christmas, halloween and other pagan festivals would not be adhering to the gospel. So how can u say the Gospel prevails despite pagan influences and secularism (eg homosexuality, eating pork etc)?
Huh?
That's easy!
Pagan practices have been added after the writing of the Gospel, therefore they have no Biblical reference.
Christmas trees and Easter eggs were not mentioned by in the Bible, therefore they are not Biblical ... :rollseyes

I don't know what you think the homosexuality issue has to do with pagan influences - in my mind that's an entirely different topic, which would probably require a different thread.

There is a thread on eating pork somewhere, but I don't seem to be able to find it.
Again, this has nothing to do with pagan influences, but is directly related to Jesus' own words:
What goes into a man's mouth does not make him 'unclean,' but what comes out of his mouth, that is what makes him 'unclean.'(Matthew 15:10)
I hope you find this informative.

Peace.

QuranStudy
09-07-2006, 04:10 PM
How come there are gay priests in Churches?? I thought homosexuality is an abomination.

glo
09-07-2006, 04:16 PM
How come there are gay priests in Churches?? I thought homosexuality is am abomination.
I don't know what you think the homosexuality issue has to do with pagan influences - in my mind that's an entirely different topic, which would probably require a different thread.
Can I suggest you start a new thread on that topic? I think this is going off topic.

Thanks. :)

sameer
09-07-2006, 04:26 PM
Huh?
That's easy!
Pagan practices have been added after the writing of the Gospel, therefore they have no Biblical reference.
Christmas trees and Easter eggs were not mentioned by in the Bible, therefore they are not Biblical ... :rollseyes

There is a thread on eating pork somewhere, but I don't seem to be able to find it.
Again, this has nothing to do with pagan influences, but is directly related to Jesus' own words:

I hope you find this informative.

Peace.
I was drawing from ure statement saying that the gospel had prevailed regardless of secularism and paganism. Regarding the example of homosexuality i meant it as a secular thing.

U say pagan things have been added after the Gospel. But how come the majority of chrisitans celebrate christmas as the birht of christ? Do They think that is the right thing that they are doing. So then how can u say the gospel has prevailed when paganism has mixed with their practice of the gospel.
Does the gospel tell u to go to church on Sunday? or was this added into ure religion as a result of SUnday being a day declared as a day of rest by the emperor of Rome who was a sun worshipping Pagan at that time? Wasnt the sabbath saturday b4 that?

QuranStudy
09-07-2006, 04:29 PM
Does the gospel tell u to go to church on Sunday? or was this added into ure religion as a result of SUnday being a day declared as a day of rest by the emperor of Rome who was a sun worshipping Pagan at that time?
Good point.

therebbe
09-07-2006, 07:46 PM
Wait, someone mentioned "Christian countries"... I wasn't aware there were such countries. Do you mean a country with a majority of Christians? A lot people get very angry when someone refers to Arab countries as "Muslim" because they do not follow Shariah laws... so which countries are Christian, and where are the statistics of Atheism gaining more followers?

QuranStudy
09-07-2006, 08:06 PM
Wait, someone mentioned "Christian countries"... I wasn't aware there were such countries. Do you mean a country with a majority of Christians? A lot people get very angry when someone refers to Arab countries as "Muslim" because they do not follow Shariah laws... so which countries are Christian, and where are the statistics of Atheism gaining more followers?
By "Christian countries," I meant countries with a majority Christian population. By this reasoning, Israel is Jewish country.

Jayda
09-07-2006, 08:18 PM
Does the gospel tell u to go to church on Sunday? or was this added into ure religion as a result of SUnday being a day declared as a day of rest by the emperor of Rome who was a sun worshipping Pagan at that time? Wasnt the sabbath saturday b4 that?
The Sabbath was not changed... it is still Saturday, Sunday is the Lord's Day (which is found in the bible in acts 20 among other places). That is why traditionally we take both Saturday AND Sunday off...

sameer
09-07-2006, 09:30 PM
I found this on the net while searching for the history on Sunday:

Among the various edicts Constantine issued was that concerning Sunday, in A.D. 321, as follows:

"Let all the judges and town people, and the occupation of all trades, rest on the venerable day of the sun; but let those who are situated in the country, freely and at full liberty, attend to the business of agriculture because it often happens that no other day is so fit for sowing corn and planting vines lest the critical moment being let slip, men should lose the commodities granted them by heaven" (Corpus Juries Civilis Cod. Liv. 3, Tit. 12:30).

In the article "Sunday," The Encyclopaedia Britannica, seventh edition, 1842, says: "It was Constantine who first made a law of the proper observance of Sunday; and who, according to Eusebius, appointed that it should be regularly celebrated throughout the Roman Empire."

This imperial law designated the day as a heathen festival, which it really was, but within four years after its enactment, Constantine (at the Council of Nicaea) had become not merely a professed Christian, but in many respects the practical head of the church, as the course of the proceedings at the council showed.

This pagan Sunday law was henceforth enforced in behalf of the day as a Christian festival. This law gave to the Sunday celebration a Sabbatic character for the first time. Eusebius, biographer and admirer of Constantine, in his Commentary on The Psalms, as quoted in Cox's Sabbath Literature, Volume 1, p. 361, indicates that from the time of Constantine's Sunday edict, the sanctity of the Sabbath was transferred to the first day of the week: "And all things whatsoever that it was duty to do on the Sabbath, these we have transferred to the Lord's Day, as more appropriately belong to it, because it has a precedence and is first in rank, and more honorable than the Jewish Sabbath."

Since, admittedly, all the Church of God kept the seventh-day Sabbath in apostolic days and until about A.D. 140, when we perceive for the first time that some began to observe the first day of the week, the question naturally arises: Why was this changeover accomplished? We have previously noted that some of the reasons given were because pagan converts, which included some of the early Church Fathers, brought some of their pagan beliefs and practice along, among which was Sunday observance. Other reasons given were that the Messiah was supposed to have been raised from the dead on the first day of the week, and the so-called "eighth day" played a role with some; another that we may note here is that of which Doctor Neander treats, as previously noted: "Opposition to Judaism introduced the particular festival of Sunday, very early indeed, into the place of the Sabbath."

http://graceandtruthministries.org/h...unday_2_p.html

sameer
09-07-2006, 10:00 PM
heres some excerps from an article on the history of Christmas:

December 25th occurs about the time of the Winter Solistice, the shortest day of the year. The shortening days were taken as a sign that the Sun was getting weaker. After the Solistice, the days begin to get longer ...... and pagan peoples thought that was an indication that the Sun was getting stronger.

Thus, the Winter Solistice became the "birthday" of several gods: Attis, Frey, Thor, Dionysus, Osiris, Adonis, Mithra, Tammuz, Cernunnos and so forth. It is a "solar holiday," marking the time that the sun becomes apparently stronger day by day.

Mithra, was born on December 25, of a virgin. His birth was witnessed by shepherds and magicians [magi]. Mithra raised the dead and healed the sick and cast out demons. He returned to heaven at the spring equinox and before doing so had a last supper with his 12 disciples (representing the 12 signs of the zodiac), eating mizd, a piece of bread marked with a cross (an almost universal symbol of the sun). Any of that sound familiar?

---------------------------------------------------------------
Christmas even started out controversially in North America. Reverend Rel Davis writes:

The festival of Christmas has always been a controversial one in Christianity. The Puritans banned Christmas altogether and during the Cromwellian period in England, anyone celebrating Christmas was jailed for heresy. Probably the most hated of all Puritan laws was the one abolishing Christmas and probably led to popular acceptance of royalty (nb: the Restoration) -- at least the King allowed the masses to celebrate Yule!

In America, Christmas was generally outlawed until the end of the last century. In Boston, up to 1870, anyone missing work on Christmas Day would be fired. Factory owners customarily required employees to come to work at 5 a.m. on Christmas -- to insure they wouldn't have time to go to church that day. And any student who failed to go to school on December 25 would be expelled. Only the arrival of large numbers of Irish and northern European immigrants brought acceptance of Christmas in this country.

http://www.locksley.com/6696/xmas.htm

duskiness
09-08-2006, 11:12 AM
But how come the majority of chrisitans celebrate christmas as the birht of christ? Do They think that is the right thing that they are doing. So then how can u say the gospel has prevailed when paganism has mixed with their practice of the gospel.
But even when we celebrate birth of Christ on the exact day Pogans did celebrate their holiday are we worshiping their Gods or our? It true Christiasn often use pogan symbols (24 XII - almost the shortes day in a year, christmes tree that is always green when other trees are bare, egg on Easter meaning new life when we remember Jesus) but we add to th our meaning.
n.

sameer
09-08-2006, 12:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by duskiness
But even when we celebrate birth of Christ on the exact day Pogans did celebrate their holiday are we worshiping their Gods or our? It true Christiasn often use pogan symbols (24 XII - almost the shortes day in a year, christmes tree that is always green when other trees are bare, egg on Easter meaning new life when we remember Jesus) but we add to th our meaning.
n.
SOme quick points/questions.

1. Does the majority of christian worshipers know this not to be of their faith, or do they think they are doing what the gospel teaches?
2. Do the leaders/priests/teachers teach the ppl the correct thing? or are they themselves decieved/confused? or they deliberatly decieved the ppl?
3. If u know this not to be of ure religion, then y do u join/imitate ppl who are practicing worship other than ure God? Didnt jesus come to discourage this act?
4. If u are following pagan rituals then arent u not denying ure God? or shows weakness in ure belief because u are trying to capture the best of both situations?
5. Isnt religious life a test about choosing/ doing what is right and forbidding what is wrong? not about making compromises that goes against ure scriptures/teachings?

pa·gan (pgn)
n.
1. One who is not a Christian, Muslim, or Jew, especially a worshiper of a polytheistic religion.
2. One who has no religion.
3. A non-Christian.
4. A hedonist.
5. A Neo-Pagan.

adj.

1. Not Christian, Muslim, or Jewish.
2. Professing no religion; heathen.
3. Neo-Pagan.

http://dictionary.reference.com/sear...ganism&x=0&y=0

Jayda
09-08-2006, 01:33 PM
The Lord's Day is Sunday... the bible says so in Acts 20:7 and 1 Corinthians 16:2 and Colossians 2:16-17. The Sabbath is on Saturday, but all of our rituals were moved to Sunday very early on... the declaration of the apostles says:

"But every Lord’s day . . . gather yourselves together and break bread, and give thanksgiving after having confessed your transgressions, that your sacrifice may be pure. But let no one that is at variance with his fellow come together with you, until they be reconciled, that your sacrifice may not be profaned" (ch 14 [A.D. 70]).

Maybe Constantine just reiterated that... he certainly didnt create it...

sameer
09-08-2006, 02:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jayda
The Lord's Day is Sunday... the bible says so in Acts 20:7 and 1 Corinthians 16:2 and Colossians 2:16-17. The Sabbath is on Saturday, but all of our rituals were moved to Sunday very early on... the declaration of the apostles says:

"But every Lord’s day . . . gather yourselves together and break bread, and give thanksgiving after having confessed your transgressions, that your sacrifice may be pure. But let no one that is at variance with his fellow come together with you, until they be reconciled, that your sacrifice may not be profaned" (ch 14 [A.D. 70]).

Maybe Constantine just reiterated that... he certainly didnt create it...
what about Christmas? and symbols like the cross? also what about having saints etc? Did jesus do these things? or revaled it in his message?

Jayda
09-08-2006, 02:10 PM
what about Christmas? and symbols like the cross? also what about having saints etc? Did jesus do these things? or revaled it in his message?
i do not know about christmas... many people tell me it was a pagan holiday they turned into a christian one... but it is the day we celebrate the birth of christ so i dont think there is anything wrong with that, the crucifix is a symbol of our faith... not because jesus said it was supposed to be but because it kind of is the pinnacle of what we believe... the sacrifice, we look up at it and are reminded what God did for us... saints are people who are examples to the faithful... i dont know if jesus said anything about them...

Keltoi
09-08-2006, 03:30 PM
The spread of Christianity happened fairly quickly, historically speaking, and it is reasonable to assume that many people would be against breaking away from the pagan gods. If people have celebrated a certain cultural holiday for hundreds of generations, it will be hard to stamp out the observance of this day completely. The Christian church and new Christian heads of state, whether through wisdom or folly, depending on your POV, simply changed the meaning of the observance. That doesn't mean Christianity has pagan roots, it means Christianity changed the nature of past pagan days of observance.

sameer
09-08-2006, 09:47 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Keltoi
The spread of Christianity happened fairly quickly, historically speaking, and it is reasonable to assume that many people would be against breaking away from the pagan gods. If people have celebrated a certain cultural holiday for hundreds of generations, it will be hard to stamp out the observance of this day completely. The Christian church and new Christian heads of state, whether through wisdom or folly, depending on your POV, simply changed the meaning of the observance. That doesn't mean Christianity has pagan roots, it means Christianity changed the nature of past pagan days of observance.
To me there is a difference between culture and following the laws of God. Islam allows for cultural practices as long as it dosent contradict the shari'ah

If a person worshipped the sun for hundreds of generations and then saw the light of christianity and converted, then why would he want to keep his practices/rituals when it was clear that is wasnt part of the christian faith? Did he really convert whole heartedly?
When Jesus brought the message and converted ppl, did he adopt their rituals/days for worshiping god to coax ppl into converting? IF this wasnt his way/example, then y change the rules?

How can u be sure that things wasnt the other way around and it was in fact paganism that adopted certian things of the christian faith to create a compromise and get ppl to follow both idealogies i.e make ppl think they are following jesus when they are actually doing paganistic things such as saying God has a son (similar to the greeks saying that Zeus had sons etc)?
No matter which ever way u look at it paganism would win if ppl followed both of them, since this would have been against the teaching of Jesus.

therebbe
09-08-2006, 09:53 PM
If a person worshipped the sun for hundreds of generations and then saw the light of christianity and converted, then why would he want to keep his practices/rituals when it was clear that is wasnt part of the christian faith?
Wait. I do not quite follow. You are saying that if someone prayed to an idol at sunrise everyday, and then decided to convert to Christianity and pray at sunrise, his prayers somehow do not count?

Is it not Islam that stresses the idea that G-d will forgive you no matter what you have done if you convert to Islam? Therefore, if the Christian prays at sunrise, why should it matter what he use to do at sunrise? Is it not forgotten by both Islamic and Christians.

Either way, I think the whole "G-d will forgive you even if you murder and rape, if you convert", was part of the whole get people to convert thing and not true at all.

make ppl think they are following jesus when they are actually doing paganistic things
How do you know Islam did not have Pagan roots that the Pagans "tricked" you all to do?

(similar to the greeks saying that Zeus had sons etc)?
In all seriousness, did Zeus have a "holy spirit"?

No matter which ever way u look at it paganism would win if ppl followed both of them, since this would have been against the teaching of Jesus.
You think the pagans would look at thousands upon millions of people following a bible that condemned them a victory? Even if they were being decieved?

sameer
09-08-2006, 10:11 PM
Wait. I do not quite follow. You are saying that if someone prayed to an idol at sunrise everyday, and then decided to convert to Christianity and pray at sunrise, his prayers somehow do not count?

If i used to worship the sun on a particular day, cant i claim to convert and then add that into my new religion so i can keep worshiping the sun on that day without anyone else noticing? Isnt it possible for them to try and ge the both of two worlds?

Is it not Islam that stresses the idea that G-d will forgive you no matter what you have done if you convert to Islam? Therefore, if the Christian prays at sunrise, why should it matter what he use to do at sunrise? Is it not forgotten by both Islamic and Christians.

Either way, I think the whole "G-d will forgive you even if you murder and rape, if you convert", was part of the whole get people to convert thing and not true at all.
If u convert to Judaism, are u not forgiven? what the point of converting then?

How do you know Islam did not have Pagan roots that the Pagans "tricked" you all to do?

Point me to where Islam has adopted pagan rituals?

In all seriousness, did Zeus have a "holy spirit"?

I dont know, but they said he had a son/sons right? sounds familiar

You think the pagans would look at thousands upon millions of people following a bible that condemned them a victory? Even if they were being decieved?
Would they care that ppl called them names as long as they get to do their practices/ rituals?
i wish i could add more but i have to go. Later insha ALlah

ManchesterFolk
09-09-2006, 02:16 AM
If u convert to Judaism, are u not forgiven? what the point of converting then?
Actually Judaism is odd. They discourage conversion, and make it very hard and make it take like a year for you to.

QuranStudy
09-09-2006, 02:17 AM
Actually Judaism is odd. They discourage conversion, and make it very hard and make it take like a year for you to.
Of course it's hard. Jews are the chosen people.

Joe98
09-09-2006, 02:23 AM
That is why the Trinity confuses me since Christians claim to believe in one God as well.

Look at a tree, It has a trunk, some branches and some leaves.

But it just one tree.

-

QuranStudy
09-09-2006, 02:24 AM

But it just one tree.
But they are of the same composition. On the contrary, God = Spirit ; Jesus = Flesh and bones

duskiness
09-09-2006, 10:44 AM
If i used to worship the sun on a particular day, cant i claim to convert and then add that into my new religion so i can keep worshiping the sun on that day without anyone else noticing? Isnt it possible for them to try and ge the both of two worlds?
Rather not, until Constantine Christian were prosecuted (not all time, but...) and killed for what they believed. Even when they were worshiping on sunday they knew they worship One God and sticked to that.
In New Testament you won't find much about rites.

It's not the best example but...
Picture in attachments shows Mary. In japanese style. Massage is christian but the form is far from what she looked like and the traditional pictures.
I treat sunday, christmas in the same way i treat this picture
n.

Keltoi
09-09-2006, 03:10 PM
The same thing occurred as Christianity spread..well, was forced on the people's of South America and Mexico. Many of the old Aztec and Maya days of observance sort of blended into a celebration of Christian faith. These people are Catholic to the core, but their customs and expression of faith are different than Catholics in Italy, although many customs are the same.

glo
09-09-2006, 03:12 PM
Rather not, until Constantine Christian were prosecuted (not all time, but...) and killed for what they believed. Even when they were worshiping on sunday they knew they worship One God and sticked to that.
In New Testament you won't find much about rites.

It's not the best example but...
Picture in attachments shows Mary. In japanese style. Massage is christian but the form is far from what she looked like and the traditional pictures.
I treat sunday, christmas in the same way i treat this picture
n.
Nice picture, duskiness :)
(But don't the Japanese know that Mary and Jesus had caucasian features?? :rollseyes :giggling: ;D )

God bless.

Ibn Abi Ahmed
09-09-2006, 03:36 PM
Correction. Jews were the chosen people.

gamsta3
09-09-2006, 04:58 PM
Yeah. Ive heard something about how there was another religion called mythra that was around in the roman empire at the time of the arrival of christianity. Apparently, it was the same thing more or less. It had a trinity, its symbol was the cross, and this mythra god was also born on the 25th of december and he was a sun god.

QuranStudy
09-09-2006, 05:40 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mythras

Keltoi
09-09-2006, 06:28 PM
You can't talk about Mithra worship without realizing the context. The Mithra cult was one of the last "mystery" cults in the Roman Empire, and was popular among Roman soldiers. The Mithra belief system was similar to many religions of the time, including Judaism. However, the cult was masculine in nature, and women were not allowed to worship. I've read quite a bit from historians on the subject, and about the only thing they can agree on is that "perhaps" Christianity chose the date December 25th to make Christianity more attractive to those it wished to convert. Christianity in no way borrowed religious beliefs from Mithra. If you think about it, the whole concept is absurd, since Mithra was popular among Roman soldiers, whose job it was to persecute Christians.

sameer
09-09-2006, 08:57 PM
were women allowed to worship in early christianity? Ive heard from a former preacher that a meeting was held around the 3rd century to decide wheather women even had a soul ? Im not sure of it was the counsel of Nicea he was speaking about?

Anyhow, what did Jesus teach reagarding pagans and polotheists and their rituals?

QuranStudy
09-09-2006, 09:17 PM
According to the Bible, women arent allowed to even speak in churches.

duskiness
09-09-2006, 09:28 PM
were women allowed to worship in early christianity?
yes, they were. From Bible we know taht some were deaconesses
Ive heard from a former preacher that a meeting was held around the 3rd century to decide wheather women even had a soul ?
from Bible: "There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus."(Gal 3:28) I think that it was rather obvious that women have soul...i have never hear it was a subject of any theological controversy or any council
Im not sure of it was the counsel of Nicea he was speaking about?
no.

The agenda of the synod ( in Nicea) were:
The Arian question;
The celebration of Passover;
The Meletian schism;
The Father and Son one in purpose or in person;
The baptism of heretics;
The status of the lapsed in the persecution under Licinius.
from wiki

Anyhow, what did Jesus teach reagarding pagans and polotheists and their rituals?
rather nothing...the only thing i recall is: "And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words." (Mat 6:7)
n.

QuranStudy
09-09-2006, 09:30 PM
The Arian question;
The Meletian schism;
The baptism of heretics;
Their main job was to reject Gospels they found heretical.

sameer
09-09-2006, 09:38 PM
yes, they were. From Bible we know taht some were deaconesses
from Bible: "There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus."(Gal 3:28) I think that it was rather obvious that women have soul...i have never hear it was a subject of any theological controversy or any council
no.

The Arian question;
The Meletian schism;
The baptism of heretics;
from wiki

rather nothing...the only thing i recall is: "And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words." (Mat 6:7)
n.
so he did not denounce paganism and their practices? except for what u said.?
So then by ure words...paganism is fine to practice?

ManchesterFolk
09-10-2006, 03:40 AM
I didn't realise you had to denounce a religion for yours to be valid. I guess that is what Islam is all about though so you expect it, correct? I mean, Islam has to prove and denounce other religions to try and "prove" theres is right.

I personally think your all lost, and its all BS. But that is just me.

Jayda
09-10-2006, 12:18 PM
1 corinthians 8:4. But as for the meats that are sacrificed to idols, we know that an idol is nothing in the world and that there is no God but one.

therebbe
09-10-2006, 03:34 PM
Exactly. We demand you actually really want to be a Jew, and we demand that your heart is completly in it, by making sure that even if it is not easy for you, and even if it brings you misfortune for a little bit that you still want to follow the Torah, because to follow all 613 laws are hard at times, and if you cannot wait a year, have patience, and be resiliantly passionate about converting, then you won't have the heart to follow the Torah, and your better of just not converting and following the seven laws, because once you convert there is no going back.

Jayda
09-10-2006, 03:59 PM
What tribe to you belong to if you convert?

therebbe
09-10-2006, 06:52 PM
What tribe to you belong to if you convert?
Your just "Israel" part of the nation.

sameer
09-11-2006, 03:15 PM
1 corinthians 8:4. But as for the meats that are sacrificed to idols, we know that an idol is nothing in the world and that there is no God but one.
I take it that verse is proof that paganism was condemned?
So how then can the church adopt pagan days/methods of worship to justify its own spread? Wouldnt this lead to confusion amongst the followers as to waht is authemtic and what is not?

sameer
09-11-2006, 03:15 PM
Exactly. We demand you actually really want to be a Jew, and we demand that your heart is completly in it, by making sure that even if it is not easy for you, and even if it brings you misfortune for a little bit that you still want to follow the Torah, because to follow all 613 laws are hard at times, and if you cannot wait a year, have patience, and be resiliantly passionate about converting, then you won't have the heart to follow the Torah, and your better of just not converting and following the seven laws, because once you convert there is no going back.
was this a practice of Moses?

sameer
09-11-2006, 03:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Joe98

But it just one tree.

-
How can u use a tree to explain ure concept of God is three?
Isnt it one tree? Dosnt a tree die? or have branches cut of? or the whole tree cut down? Dosent it need a male or female to reporduce?
Please try again.

sameer
09-11-2006, 03:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ManchesterFolk
I didn't realise you had to denounce a religion for yours to be valid. I guess that is what Islam is all about though so you expect it, correct? I mean, Islam has to prove and denounce other religions to try and "prove" theres is right.

Ummmmmm..so if i come to a ppl who worship many gods and say that there is only one God and if u dont follow him i would be in hell, isnt that denouncing their religion? Didnt Jesus/ Moses do that?
U guesss thats what islam is all about or we are all lost? so whats ure reason for sticking around and posting here if think that?

Ibn Abi Ahmed
09-11-2006, 04:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ManchesterFolk

Youll find out whos lost when you die. I feel sorry for you. It would have been better for you to come to Islam.

Alas, the falsehood is always beautified for the unbelievers. And they let their weak selves and their desires and doubts make the best of them and they sell the Hereafter for this petty world. What an evil bargain.

Jayda
09-11-2006, 04:30 PM
I take it that verse is proof that paganism was condemned?
So how then can the church adopt pagan days/methods of worship to justify its own spread? Wouldnt this lead to confusion amongst the followers as to waht is authemtic and what is not?
What methods of worship and what pagan days are we talking about?

Jayda
09-11-2006, 04:32 PM
How can u use a tree to explain ure concept of God is three?
Isnt it one tree? Dosnt a tree die? or have branches cut of? or the whole tree cut down? Dosent it need a male or female to reporduce?
Please try again.
He was illustrating how the trinity is one God... which apparently you understood since you said it is one tree. He wasnt trying to tell you the life span of God or what sex God is by using a tree as an analogy.

sameer
09-11-2006, 05:23 PM
He was illustrating how the trinity is one God... which apparently you understood since you said it is one tree. He wasnt trying to tell you the life span of God or what sex God is by using a tree as an analogy.
THat does not explain the trinity to me. How about explaining it straight without a poor analogy?

sameer
09-11-2006, 05:26 PM
What methods of worship and what pagan days are we talking about?

The same thing occurred as Christianity spread..well, was forced on the people's of South America and Mexico. Many of the old Aztec and Maya days of observance sort of blended into a celebration of Christian faith. These people are Catholic to the core, but their customs and expression of faith are different than Catholics in Italy, although many customs are the same.
he only thing they can agree on is that "perhaps" Christianity chose the date December 25th to make Christianity more attractive to those it wished to convert.
^^ those customs mentioned above.

Keltoi
09-11-2006, 06:19 PM
For me personally, it is the message of a faith that is important, not the "special" days and observances. Some dogma is warranted and necessary, but much of it is not. If people in South America want to worship God a different way than the people's of Denmark, I don't have a problem with that. The core message is the same. For Christians, it is accepting Christ as your savior and living by his message. If you do that, I don't see how it matters if you express this faith in different ways.

Ninth_Scribe
09-11-2006, 06:20 PM
The trinity is nothing more than a basic natural principle, propped up on a pedistal. The idea iself is very simple.

"Point A" travels to "Point B" - but in order to do so, there has to be a path that connects the two. So Heaven and Earth, and the path that connects them.

Ninth Scribe

sameer
09-11-2006, 06:40 PM
For me personally, it is the message of a faith that is important, not the "special" days and observances. Some dogma is warranted and necessary, but much of it is not. If people in South America want to worship God a different way than the people's of Denmark, I don't have a problem with that. The core message is the same. For Christians, it is accepting Christ as your savior and living by his message. If you do that, I don't see how it matters if you express this faith in different ways.
So all chrisitians accept christ as their saviour and also the Trinity?

Jayda
09-11-2006, 06:53 PM
THat does not explain the trinity to me. How about explaining it straight without a poor analogy?
...you understood the concept though, what more is there to explain?

I guess to paraphrase your conversation with him...

The three are One God.

But how can three be one?

A tree has branches right?

Yes but thats one tree.
If you want the straight explanation of the Trinity without an analogy then: The Trinity is that the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit are One God.

Jayda
09-11-2006, 07:00 PM
^^ those customs mentioned above.
Okay,

We are told to have no other gods beside God, Jesus said in Matthew 22 that it is the greatest commandment.

If we took pagan rituals or pagan holidays, and changed them so that they now serve the purpose of worshipping and adoring only the One True God, they arent pagan holidays or worship anymore.

sameer
09-11-2006, 07:02 PM
so the father and son is one? how can a father and a son be classifed as the same thing? dosent a father help to make a son with a mother? so wheres the mother? and what the purpose of God creating a son? and a holy spirit?

sameer
09-11-2006, 07:07 PM
Okay,

We are told to have no other gods beside God, Jesus said in Matthew 22 that it is the greatest commandment.

If we took pagan rituals or pagan holidays, and changed them so that they now serve the purpose of worshipping and adoring only the One True God, they arent pagan holidays or worship anymore.
by doing this arent u imitating the pagans?
If this was done to make it easier for pagans to accept and live christianity, then wasnt it deceptive to do so? what about quality of faith? wasnt this important?

Jayda
09-11-2006, 07:15 PM
so the father and son is one? how can a father and a son be classifed as the same thing? dosent a father help to make a son with a mother? so wheres the mother? and what the purpose of God creating a son? and a holy spirit?
I dont know the whys and hows.

Jayda
09-11-2006, 07:20 PM
by doing this arent u imitating the pagans?
If this was done to make it easier for pagans to accept and live christianity, then wasnt it deceptive to do so? what about quality of faith? wasnt this important?
Okay right down the line:

1. I guess so, why does that make a difference if we are praying to the One True God rather than their false pagan gods? Worship is to be directed toward God, not anything else, he says he is a jealous God when we direct our worship toward something else.
2. I dont think people missed that they were praying to a totally different God.
3. Very important, was it back then? im not a roman so i dunno...

sameer
09-11-2006, 07:33 PM
I dont know the whys and hows.
so u submit that it dosent make sense to say 3 is 1 ?

Jayda
09-11-2006, 07:36 PM
so u submit that it dosent make sense to say 3 is 1 ?
*I take that back.

I would say it depends on what we are talking about. As we both agreed a tree can have branches and still be one tree.

sameer
09-11-2006, 07:39 PM
Okay right down the line:

1. I guess so, why does that make a difference if we are praying to the One True God rather than their false pagan gods? Worship is to be directed toward God, not anything else, he says he is a jealous God when we direct our worship toward something else.
2. I dont think people missed that they were praying to a totally different God.
3. Very important, was it back then? im not a roman so i dunno...
The difference is wheather jesus would have agreed with this practice? did he fool ppl with his message? did he compromise with them? did he adopt their holidays/practices?

The difference is that the pure way that jesus brought would have been soiled by the impure ways of paganism. So then how would ppl know the difference of the real message and waht the new changed message is.

Could this be the reason y there are many diffferent versions of the bible?

sameer
09-11-2006, 07:43 PM
*I take that back.

I would say it depends on what we are talking about. As we both agreed a tree can have branches and still be one tree.
i really dont care about a tree...

what i want is 4 u or anyone to explain Y god needs a son if the son is actually him and y they both need a spirit if they are already that spirit?

Isnt that similar to hinduism? dont they believe that there are many manfestations of one god? dont they pray to their idols to get through to God simialr to how a person may pray to a saint ? So is christianity the same as hinduism from that aspect?

Jayda
09-11-2006, 07:46 PM
The difference is wheather jesus would have agreed with this practice? did he fool ppl with his message? did he compromise with them? did he adopt their holidays/practices?
Jesus told a group of Jews that a Samaritan would go to heaven because they treated another person with kindness in the name of God. Despite the fact Samaritans were "sort of monotheistic" had totally different practices than Jews and didnt pray the same way.

Nobody was being fooled when they changed the state holidays.

Jesus encouraged compromise and respect. Why would he not allow people to worship him the way they used to worship their false gods? Now they are worshipping the one true God.

Worship isnt about what direction your toes are pointed or precisely what angle you are bent over during your raka, it is about giving thanks to and glorifying God. If you have priorities over that then you are missing the point.

In my opinion.

The difference is that the pure way that jesus brought would have been soiled by the impure ways of paganism. So then how would ppl know the difference of the real message and waht the new changed message is.
The message is "worship God," if pagans are worshipping God in the same manner than they worshipped their idols before than apparently they heard the message loud and clear and uncorrupted.

Where are you getting this pure and impure distinctions from? Ive heard nothing in the bible about them.

Could this be the reason y there are many diffferent versions of the bible?
No.

sameer
09-11-2006, 07:54 PM
so what if they decided to have/continue human scarifices in the name of God? would that be right beacuse they are doing it for God?

what are the reason for so many versions of the bible? if not beacuse of ppl changing it to suit them? which one is the real one?

Jayda
09-11-2006, 07:58 PM
i really dont care about a tree...
Thats rude. We politely answered a question you asked. You asked how three can be one, and you got a tree. Lets not pretend we just randomly started talking about foliage.

what i want is 4 u or anyone to explain Y god needs a son if the son is actually him and y they both need a spirit if they are already that spirit?
I dont know why God needs anything: prophets, books, people, creation, any of it thats not a question anybody could answer.

Isnt that similar to hinduism? dont they believe that there are many manfestations of one god? dont they pray to their idols to get through to God simialr to how a person may pray to a saint ? So is christianity the same as hinduism from that aspect?
I dont know enough about Hinduism to say that it is similar to Christianity.

I simply know the bible says there is a son, a father, and a holy spirit and they are one God.

Ninth_Scribe
09-11-2006, 07:59 PM
so what if they decided to have/continue human scarifices in the name of God? would that be right beacuse they are doing it for God?
It depends on one's perspective. In my eyes, soldiers who fight and die for Allah are human sacrifices. Jesus was a human sacrifice. I could go on, but you get the idea? The one thing they all had in common was this: They were WILLING to die for Allah.

Ninth Scribe

Jayda
09-11-2006, 08:05 PM
That would be breaking one of his commandments "thou shalt not kill." Obviously God wouldnt be thrilled with that.

what are the reason for so many versions of the bible? if not beacuse of ppl changing it to suit them? which one is the real one?
Better translations...

sameer
09-11-2006, 08:17 PM
Thats rude. We politely answered a question you asked. You asked how three can be one, and you got a tree. Lets not pretend we just randomly started talking about foliage.

I dont know why God needs anything: prophets, books, people, creation, any of it thats not a question anybody could answer.

I dont know enough about Hinduism to say that it is similar to Christianity.

I simply know the bible says there is a son, a father, and a holy spirit and they are one God.
sorry about the comment about the tree.
Since u dont know much about hinduism....take it from the perspective and info i gave u about hinduism........ isnt the two the same>?

duskiness
09-11-2006, 09:11 PM
Sameer, for you - Trinty in brief :giggling:
We worship one God in trinity and the Trinity in unity, neither confusing the persons nor dividing the divine being.
For the Father is one person, the Son is another, and the Spirit is still another.
But the deity of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit is one, equal in glory, coeternal in majesty.
What the Father is, the Son is, and so is the Holy Spirit.
Uncreated is the Father; uncreated is the Son; uncreated is the Spirit.
The Father is infinite; the Son is infinite; the Holy Spirit is infinite.
Eternal is the Father; eternal is the Son; eternal is the Spirit:
And yet there are not three eternal beings, but one who is eternal;
as there are not three uncreated and unlimited beings, but one who is uncreated and unlimited.
Almighty is the Father; almighty is the Son; almighty is the Spirit:
And yet there are not three almighty beings, but one who is almighty.
Thus the Father is God; the Son is God; the Holy Spirit is God:
And yet there are not three gods, but one God.
Thus the Father is Lord; the Son is Lord; the Holy Spirit is Lord:
And yet there are not three lords, but one Lord.
As Christian truth compels us to acknowledge each distinct person as God and Lord, so catholic religion forbids us to say that there are three gods or lords.
The Father was neither made nor created nor begotten;
the Son was neither made nor created, but was alone begotten of the Father;
the Spirit was neither made nor created, but is proceeding from the Father and the Son.
Thus there is one Father, not three fathers; one Son, not three sons; one Holy Spirit, not three spirits.
And in this Trinity, no one is before or after, greater or less than the other;
but all three persons are in themselves, coeternal and coequal; and so we must worship the Trinity in unity and the one God in three persons.
athanasian Creed
and please don't ask how 3=1...there were many thread about that..
n.

Jayda
09-11-2006, 09:36 PM
sorry about the comment about the tree.
no problem :)

Since u dont know much about hinduism....take it from the perspective and info i gave u about hinduism........ isnt the two the same>?
I cant say for certain.

sameer
09-12-2006, 12:34 PM
Sameer, for you - Trinty in brief :giggling:
athanasian Creed
and please don't ask how 3=1...there were many thread about that..
n.
Im sorry, but to me the whole of that was contradicting itself. On one hand it is saying that God is eternal and one, but then again its saying that the deity of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit is one, equal in glory, coeternal in majesty. If they are the same how come this line that they need to be equal in glory? sounds to me that line is valid for two separate entities.

The Father was neither made nor created nor begotten, the Son was neither made nor created, but was alone begotten of the Father? I thought they were one? so if they are one? how can one be begotten and the other not begotten ? again this points to two separate entities.

I could go on, but i think u got the point.

It seems to me just to be a lot of nice words dancing around the point to probaly lose some one who is not paying close attention.

sameer
09-12-2006, 12:42 PM
no problem :)

I cant say for certain.
ok basically as u say, the trinity is differenet branches of One God? Similarly the polythetist may say that they have one God who is the BOss and the other Gods are Just branches to get thourgh to that GOd?
Do u see a similarity between them?

When a person prays to Mary..whats the purpose of this?

Jayda
09-12-2006, 01:02 PM
ok basically as u say, the trinity is differenet branches of One God? Similarly the polythetist may say that they have one God who is the BOss and the other Gods are Just branches to get thourgh to that GOd?
Do u see a similarity between them?
no that is totally different... for polytheists there are seperate gods with a king god... Christians believe in this:

When a person prays to Mary..whats the purpose of this?
we are asking for her intercession to talk to God on our behalf... we also venerate her... but we dont worship her as a god (that is a common stereotype of catholics)

sameer
09-12-2006, 01:33 PM
no that is totally different... for polytheists there are seperate gods with a king god... Christians believe in this:

we are asking for her intercession to talk to God on our behalf... we also venerate her... but we dont worship her as a god (that is a common stereotype of catholics)
Can or did God exist without the spirit or the Son? where was the son when Abraham was preaching One God?
Did God send prophets to teach that there was one God? Why send Jesus to change this concept to trinity?DId Jesus actually teach trinity?

With regards to ure diagram, taking me for an example,I am Me in the center, I am Sameer, I am a Son and I am a husband. I am the Son and the Husband the same time to different ppl, I am also Sameer and still the Husband to the same person....and I am ME all the time in the center... So am i 3 in one ? the three makes up Me...but when i become a father (insha Allah)..i will become 4 in 1 ?

With regards to Mary.
Is she alive? can she hear u? whats her status right now?
Was she diffferent to the prophets? Y not pray to prophets?
Did jesus pray?
Did jesus pray to Mary?
Did jesus pray to himself?

Jayda
09-12-2006, 01:46 PM
Can or did God exist without the spirit or the Son?
No, there was never a time where the Father was was without the Son.

where was the son when Abraham was preaching One God?
With the Father

Did God send prophets to teach that there was one God?
Yes, and to deliver the law and tell people about the comming of Jesus

Why send Jesus to change this concept to trinity?
They taught the Oneness of God... so does Trinity, nothing was changed...

DId Jesus actually teach trinity?
Yes, he just didnt call it Trinity

With regards to ure diagram, taking me for an example,I am Me in the center, I am Sameer, I am a Son and I am a husband. I am the Son and the Husband the same time to different ppl, I am also Sameer and still the Husband to the same person....and I am ME all the time in the center... So am i 3 in one ? the three makes up Me...but when i become a father (insha Allah)..i will become 4 in 1 ?
You are Sameer... the diagram is talking about God, i cant make that kind of comparison...

With regards to Mary.
Is she alive? can she hear u? whats her status right now?
Mary ascended to heaven, where she is with God and she can hear and see us... since she never died i dont think we can say she is dead but since she is in heaven i dont think we can say she is physically here... so i dont really know what she is other than in heaven with God...

Was she diffferent to the prophets?
Yes, very different she is considered above all the saints...

Y not pray to prophets?
Prophets are also saints... we venerate them and ask for intercession when it is appropriate.

Did jesus pray?
Yes
Did jesus pray to Mary?
No
Did jesus pray to himself?
Yes in that he prayed to his father and they are one...

Ibn Abi Ahmed
09-12-2006, 02:11 PM
:sl:

Is it just me or is this statment blatant contradiction?:

:w:

Jayda
09-12-2006, 02:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Ähmed
:sl:

Is it just me or is this statment blatant contradiction?:

:w:
Not at all...

The Trinity tells you that although we have experienced God in three ways it is One God, and we should not be confused into thinking there are three seperate Gods trying to talk to us.

That is what the Trinity is... the unity of God. Our God is one...

QuranStudy
09-12-2006, 03:03 PM
This thread has gone off topic lol

sameer
09-12-2006, 03:43 PM
This thread has gone off topic lol
not really..pagans are polytheists and associate partners with Allah.

Trinity is associating partners with ALlah also. So the topic is still being discussed.

I am just trying to get their view of trinity among other things...

sameer
09-12-2006, 04:08 PM
No, there was never a time where the Father was was without the Son.

With the Father

Yes, and to deliver the law and tell people about the comming of Jesus

Yes, he just didnt call it Trinity

You are Sameer... the diagram is talking about God, i cant make that kind of comparison...

Mary ascended to heaven, where she is with God and she can hear and see us... since she never died i dont think we can say she is dead but since she is in heaven i dont think we can say she is physically here... so i dont really know what she is other than in heaven with God...

Yes, very different she is considered above all the saints...

Prophets are also saints... we venerate them and ask for intercession when it is appropriate.

Yes

No

Yes in that he prayed to his father and they are one...
I wasnt aware that christians thought that Mary never died....hmmm

Are all the prophets living in heaven? like mary? what about mother theresa...was she given sainthood as yet? or when she is given sainthood
wiil u pray to her also?

U said moses came to talk about the coming of Jesus? but read this link to find out y we believe that the person prophesied was Muhammad.

http://www.islam101.com/religions/ch...ity/mBible.htm

I really cant understand Y jesus would pray to himself for something...can u?

duskiness
09-12-2006, 04:58 PM
I am just trying to get their view of trinity among other things...
check here:
discussion on trinity doctrin
The Trinity!
Differences between Christianity, Judaism and Islam
Question for Christians...
Questions about Christians
I wasnt aware that christians thought that Mary never died
this belief is hold by catholics and orthodox. protestants don't believe it
Are all the prophets living in heaven? like mary? what about mother theresa...was she given sainthood as yet? or when she is given sainthood wiil u pray to her also?
"When the Lord comes in glory, and all his angels with him, death will be no more and all things will be subject to him. But at the present time some of his disciples are pilgrims on earth. Others have died and are being purified, while still others are in glory, contemplating 'in full light, God himself triune and one, exactly as he is. So it is that the union of the wayfarers with the brethren who sleep in the peace of Christ is in no way interrupted, but on the contrary, according to the constant faith of the Church, this union is reinforced by an exchange of spiritual goods. Being more closely united to Christ, those who dwell in heaven fix the whole Church more firmly in holiness.... They do not cease to intercede with the Father for us, as they proffer the merits which they acquired on earth through the one mediator between God and men, Christ Jesus.... So by their fraternal concern is our weakness greatly helped".
That's form Catechism.
To make this shorter: We believe in one Church (like one Umma), that is union of all christians. Also those who are death and those who are "on pilgrimage" (= still breathing). Sometimes we ask our friends to pray for as. And we believe that in the same manner we can ask for prayer those who are no longer "on pilgirmage" (they don't work, don't watch tv, they have plenty of time to pray ;) ). So in muslim terms "praying to saints" = asking respected dead who we trust are "with God" to make dua for us.
Mather Theresa is not a saint yet. Church doesn't "give" sainthood (that's up to God) but only declares someone saint.
n.

Ibn Abi Ahmed
09-12-2006, 04:58 PM
Not at all...

The Trinity tells you that although we have experienced God in three ways it is One God, and we should not be confused into thinking there are three seperate Gods trying to talk to us.

That is what the Trinity is... the unity of God. Our God is one...
Experiencing God is different from giving him three different entities thus making One God into Plural gods.

To say there is a "unity" of God, is in essence saying that there were many other gods that were unified into one. There is a unity there, but they still technically arent one. They are three.

There is no logic behind the 3=1 and 1=3. Trying to explain that will lead to self contradiction over and over.

duskiness
09-12-2006, 05:12 PM
To say there is a "unity" of God, is in essence saying that there were many other gods that were unified into one. There is a unity there, but they still technically arent one. They are three.
Maybe there is such a unity that there is One? “God is not solitude, but perfect communion. For this reason the human person, the image of God, realizes himself or herself in love, which is a sincere gift of self." (Benedict XIV)

There is no logic behind the 3=1 and 1=3. Trying to explain that will lead to self contradiction over and over.
are you sure that nature of God has to be perfectly logical to us??? Are you sure that human can comprehand what He is?
n.

QuranStudy
09-12-2006, 05:16 PM
are you sure that nature of God has to be perfectly logical to us??? Are you sure that human can comprehand what He is?
n.
So you are worshipping an entity you do not even understand? That doesnt sound logical to me.

sameer
09-12-2006, 05:27 PM
Maybe there is such a unity that there is One? “God is not solitude, but perfect communion. For this reason the human person, the image of God, realizes himself or herself in love, which is a sincere gift of self." (Benedict XIV)

n.

I dont think we can ever really comprehend the full essence of God other than that what he revealed to us. How ever i dont think God would contradict himself by saying he is one but on the other hand say he is three in one.

When u pray oh father who art in heaven (im not sure if thats the proper wording but i am sure u know what i mean) are u praying to the whole or part of God? As u say ure God is a jealous God.....so wont the son get jealous that u are praying to the father? Are the particular branches have particular things that they do? Also what does God say in the bible about praying to other than
him or asking other to interecede for u?

duskiness
09-12-2006, 05:49 PM
When u pray oh father who art in heaven (im not sure if thats the proper wording but i am sure u know what i mean) are u praying to the whole or part of God?
yes, i pray to "whole" God
Are the particular branches have particular things that they do?
we usualy say that Father is God above us (one who creates), Son - God among us (logos - one who rules this world, reason, tao), Spirit - God in us (one who inspire)
Also what does God say in the bible about praying to other than him or asking other to interecede for u?
i don't know... and what Quran says about asking other Muslim to pray for you? :)
n.

Jayda
09-12-2006, 05:52 PM
I wasnt aware that christians thought that Mary never died....hmmm

Are all the prophets living in heaven? like mary??
what about mother theresa...was she given sainthood as yet? or when she is given sainthood
wiil u pray to her also?

U said moses came to talk about the coming of Jesus? but read this link to find out y we believe that the person prophesied was Muhammad.

http://www.islam101.com/religions/ch...ity/mBible.htm

I really cant understand Y jesus would pray to himself for something...can u?
I dont know about the saints, i dont know about Mother Theresa... if i have a reason to i will ask intercession through her to God.

Why wouldnt Jesus pray... that is how you talk to God and that is how he talks to his father...

Jayda
09-12-2006, 05:53 PM
Experiencing God is different from giving him three different entities thus making One God into Plural gods.

We do not believe in a unity of plural gods. We believe in the Unity of the One True God.

Jayda
09-12-2006, 05:54 PM
So you are worshipping an entity you do not even understand? That doesnt sound logical to me.
That is correct, we are worshipping an entity we do not even understand.

sameer
09-12-2006, 05:57 PM
I dont know about the saints, i dont know about Mother Theresa... if i have a reason to i will ask intercession through her to God.

Why wouldnt Jesus pray... that is how you talk to God and that is how he talks to his father...
the point of the question if jesus ever pray was to point to the other question y would he pray to himself if he is god.

sameer
09-12-2006, 06:02 PM
yes, i pray to "whole" God
we usualy say that Father is God above us (one who creates), Son - God among us (logos - one who rules this world, reason, tao), Spirit - God in us (one who inspire)
i don't know... and what Quran says about asking other Muslim to pray for you? :)
n.
It is allowed in Islam to ask others to pray for u. But offcourse u must pray for ure self also. However we dont pray/ask ppl who are dead/gone/moved on to pray for us, because they are dead and cant help/hear us.

Mybe u have noticed a Dua request thread where ppl ask others to pray for them for some reason of the other?

duskiness
09-12-2006, 06:03 PM
the point of the question if jesus ever pray was to point to the other question y would he pray to himself if he is god.
He was also (fully) human. And we pray.

btw: there is a nice quote about this:
"Christianity is the only religion on earth that has felt that omnipotence made God incomplete. Christianity alone has felt that God, to be wholly God must be a rebel as well as a king."
G.K. Chesterton, English critic and author (1874-1936)

how do you like it? :)
n

sameer
09-12-2006, 06:05 PM
That is correct, we are worshipping an entity we do not even understand.
There is a hadith/saying of the prophet (saw) (in my own words) that who ever Allahs wishes good for, he grants him understanding of the religion/way of life.

duskiness
09-12-2006, 06:05 PM
However we dont pray/ask ppl who are dead/gone/moved on to pray for us, because they are dead and cant help/hear us.
we think that they somehow hear us.

Mybe u have noticed a Dua request thread where ppl ask others to pray for them for some reason of the other?
yes. that's where i know word "dua" from :D
n.

Jayda
09-12-2006, 06:07 PM
He was fully man and fully God and was showing us how to live, and so he showed us how to pray.

Jayda
09-12-2006, 06:09 PM
There is a hadith/saying of the prophet (saw) (in my own words) that who ever Allahs wishes good for, he grants him understanding of the religion/way of life.
Understanding a religion is not the same as understanding God, St, Augustine has a famous quote:

"God is not what you imagine or what you think you understand. If you understand you have failed.”

sameer
09-12-2006, 06:11 PM
He was also (fully) human. And we pray.

btw: there is a nice quote about this:
"Christianity is the only religion on earth that has felt that omnipotence made God incomplete. Christianity alone has felt that God, to be wholly God must be a rebel as well as a king."
G.K. Chesterton, English critic and author (1874-1936)

who do you like it? :)
n
huh? God couldnt be God without being a rebel? a rebel to what? God dont rebel..its mankind that rebels. If u look at these statements i think God is held in a lowly manner here by giving him human attributes. God is God...he need nothing else, he dosent need us or to do anything to be complete.

sameer
09-12-2006, 06:15 PM
Understanding a religion is not the same as understanding God, St, Augustine has a famous quote:

"God is not what you imagine or what you think you understand. If you understand you have failed.”
If u truly understand Islam then u would understand Gods revelations about himself among other things.

Jayda
09-12-2006, 06:18 PM
If u truly understand Islam then u would understand Gods revelations about himself among other things.
...the New Testament is fundamentally God revealing himself to us. I know things about God, like he loves us and wants us to be free to choose salvation over sin, but to say i "understand God" or comprehend him physically is (from my religious perspective) blasphemous.

duskiness
09-12-2006, 06:24 PM
St, Augustine has a famous quote
I knew this quote but didn't know who said it! Thx Jayda!!
n.

QuranStudy
09-12-2006, 06:26 PM
^^ is Gdansk in Russia?

Jayda
09-12-2006, 06:26 PM
gdansk is danzig... its in poland...

sameer
09-12-2006, 06:37 PM
...the New Testament is fundamentally God revealing himself to us. I know things about God, like he loves us and wants us to be free to choose salvation over sin, but to say i "understand God" or comprehend him physically is (from my religious perspective) blasphemous.
So dont u comprehend jesus pyhsically ?

Jayda
09-12-2006, 06:42 PM
So dont u comprehend jesus pyhsically ?
I comprehend that he was fully human and fully divine, but I dont understand how, or how exactly he is One with the Father, and there are many other aspects to Jesus I dont understand and never will.

duskiness
09-12-2006, 10:58 PM
^^ is Gdansk in Russia?
gdansk is danzig... its in poland...
As Jayada said - it's Poland. It's also slavic country but we differ from russians ( for many poles it's offensive to be treated as russians ;) ) And "Danzig" it's german name for my city, because for many centuries it was german. But it's normal in eastern europe (or "middle-estern europe" how we call it) for one place to have many names....
n.

chitownmuslim
09-13-2006, 06:45 AM
I comprehend that he was fully human and fully divine, but I dont understand how, or how exactly he is One with the Father, and there are many other aspects to Jesus I dont understand and never will.
the statement above contains a huge contradiction. Im not a scholar or anything, but i can definitely tell you that God and humans are two totally different things. Your either a God or a human, when you say he is human and God, your contradicting yourself.

God is the almighty, the creator, who does not exist within the dimensions of time and space, God has always existed and will never cease to exist, his existence is neccessary for all creation, his nonexistence is impossible. among his attributes are omniscience and omnipotence.

Humans were created, and are bound by time and space, every human thats ever existed has died or will die. None of what I said about God can be applied to any human.

So one question remains, was Jesus human or a God? If he was some kind of God-human, how is that?

Curaezipirid
09-13-2006, 12:15 PM
This is a good place to begin any discussion of Early Christianity and its relationship with Paganism and the birth of modern Christianity. In some ways the statement quoted epitomises all that is wrong in modern Christian attitude. However, first I want to blast this thread right out of the water. Off the topic is not so much the point as that each post is not speaking distincly enough to the overall topic; and the overall effect in reading it is that any person not already a believer in monotheist Religion could take from it that perhaps even Islam is just a trick of Pagans! So I thought that warrants me having my two cents worth.

In the first instance one of the questions asked is whether Satan tricked Christians. The answer is of course YES! They all fell down, not to Pagans; but to Satan himself! Remember Satan manifested to Jesus and Jesus refuted Him and immediately thereafter accepted Crucifixion. In teaching His disciples he told that each one must die to live in His example. Satan manifests to every person whom adopts a Christian identity and offers them to suppose that Jesus already died to attone their sins; but that is the temptation. They thereby began to imagine that perhaps they may not have to accept Allah. The original teaching of Holy Trinity was true, but already by the time Arch Angel Gabriel began to teach Qur'an to Mohammed; the Christians were falling into a temptation to suppose, that if Jesus could have died so that they might not have to, then maybe Jesus is Allah.

The picture that is drawn of the triangle that says Father is not Son is not Holy Ghost, and each of is God, is not the real belief of a real actualised Christian, but only that belief of the occultists whom sustain the modern perversions to Christian teaching that dominate the Catholic church and all churches subservient to it. The actual teaching, as Jesus intended it, began in an understanding that we each learn to stablise our belief in reality through our Fathers. So Father is a symbol of Faith. Then Son is the Symbol of Hope, the denying and passive quality of matter. And Love is symbolised by Holy Spirit and the undoubtable reality of Jesus resurrection; that is the outstanding legacy of His teaching which none can deny.

So, where Pagan belief structures enabled Satan, then surely it is that Paganism mixed with the real and truthfully grounded Faith in Jesus that early Christians sustained; but Paganism is symbolic of so many different beliefs. Just as there are today many Christians whom retain actual Faith in One God, who is Allah, and whom never doubted the reality of Jesus; there have also always been self decent Pagans sustaining Faith in Allah.

So Judge no system of belief except that it can sustain any individual alone and unique in Allah. As for what a culture is, why surely we must hold the definition of culture by that same regard. If there is no comprehension of reality in Allah, then insanity is all that can exist. So a Religion is only different in that it provides a quality of structure of sets of the same sequences in mental associations that can work in many different persons minds, so as to sustain unity in Allah. Religion is Taqleed and in that unity in Ummah. Surely Paganism implied only that there were many various little Ummah, rather than any large unified Ummah? There may have been, and still now be, tribes of Pagans whom sustain no Faith in Allah, and other tribes who can and are sustaining Faith in Allah, and within one larger Ummah. Islam has considerably more success in permanently converting such persons into a permanent position of Faith in Allah, than could Judaism or Christianity, though clearly Christianity has been far more successful than Judaism.

But it is also that once in full Faith in Allah, and with Qur'an and ahadith learned; there could readily exist persons manifesting their Islam within contexts that seem to be Pagan.

So it need to be said that it is important to be more specific about verbal expression. Insha Allah, the worth in the discussion in this sort of thread can be drawn out by making more explicit the actual belief of each person posting. There is no point in engaging in discussion when beliefs have no accordance because they only manifest as blind attempts at entrappment of each other's belief; so unless you have either a direct question, or a certainty of belief that is able to be clearly expressed, then why post? And if it is only to seek fault in others, then discussion waffles off into nonsensical speculation that bears little relation to either actual Religion or any other manifestations that express a culture sustaining to true belief. Now I might here add that this particular thread is only quite slightly heading in that direction, but I stumbled into it while in a state of mind of being fed up with such matters, and so unable to continue to support without speaking my mind. When speculation is that which tempts folk into a position in which they learn that they need to sustain Faith in Allah, then it is matter of worth, but when such waffles about in respect of the importance of believing in One God, whom is Allah, then there is no possibility of the discussion being useful.

What is clear cut in the initial post is that there is a question about whether early Christianity was thwarted by contact with persons whom had no belief in One God, or whether it was thwarted by Satan. Both are true. The answer is that as Christianity grew Satan tempted persons whom were converting so as to begin to seperate whom would fall into the Synagogue of Satan (manifiesting these days as the Catholic Church while ever it supports any belief in Rosicrucianism and other occultist falisfications of Jesus); from who is truly able to sustain real belief in their own redemption, and thereby accept following Jesus. Jews are those whom are enabled to sustain their Faith in Allah with enough strenght of conviction that they can live true to Jesus example without needing Gospel. But take the caution seriously that there are many whom believe and manifest as like a pagan. There exist, for example, true believers within Masonic Lodges. Also Wicca is an example of a Religious Faith in which Islam has been sustained.

Perhaps my point should be only that when a discussion such as this commences, there is a need to consider the massive breath of population that such forums are accessible to, and so to establish in each thread a shared comprehension of word meanings?

Mu'asalam.

Curaezipirid
09-13-2006, 12:25 PM
assalamalaikum, oops, I forgot to wrap it back up into the quote at the start:

That such a quote has come to represent modern Christianity, as though no follower of Jesus need suffer since He has for us, is that belief that mixed with early Christianity to form the modern version of a shaytan only variety of Christianity. Truly Jesus suffered for us, to give us His example, that a Man (or woman) will survive even the fire of Hell. So if the word Pagan means that belief of a route out of ones own accountablity in Allah, then the initial position is correct; so what is a Pagan anyway? I hear that modern Pagans gad about dressed up in all sorts of weird and wonderful ways, but whether they believe in One God, whom is Allah, they are not letting on, and therefore, we must not Judge them as though they are non-believers. Assuming of each other that Faith is stable in One God and that it is faults that must be proven rather than real belief in Allah, is also actual expectation of safety in expressing Faith in Allah. So what can this reveal about this thread, and about Pagans? And is it that we manifest alike to Pagans only by discussing them?

mu'asalam

duskiness
09-13-2006, 12:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by chitownmuslim
the statement above contains a huge contradiction. Im not a scholar or anything, but i can definitely tell you that God and humans are two totally different things. Your either a God or a human, when you say he is human and God, your contradicting yourself.
Faith that God became man ("Word became flesh") is the very core of christian faith! We know that it's "a stumbling block to Jews and foolishness to Gentiles" (1Cor 1:23) but we believe that Jesus was both God and man. Fully God, fully man.

I can't put it better than it's said in polish carol:
"God is born, power is terrified
Lord of heaven is naked!
fire is freezing, light is dimming
the One who is boundless has limits
spurned and glorified
mortal king of ages
and the Word became flesh"
n.

Curaezipirid
09-13-2006, 09:03 PM
alaikumassalam

word became flesh does not mean that God became flesh

God is not the word, but the cause of

mu'asalam

Jayda
09-14-2006, 03:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Curaezipirid
alaikumassalam

word became flesh does not mean that God became flesh

God is not the word, but the cause of

mu'asalam
actually it does mean that... at the beginning of John it says "and the Word was with God and the Word was God"

sameer
09-14-2006, 03:15 PM
actually it does mean that... at the beginning of John it says "and the Word was with God and the Word was God"
:? how does that translate to god became flesh?

Jayda
09-14-2006, 03:21 PM
:? how does that translate to god became flesh?
John continues to say "and the word became flesh"

Here I will just post the whole thing...

John 1
The Word Became Flesh
1In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2He was with God in the beginning.
3Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. 4In him was life, and that life was the light of men. 5The light shines in the darkness, but the darkness has not understood[a] it.

6There came a man who was sent from God; his name was John. 7He came as a witness to testify concerning that light, so that through him all men might believe. 8He himself was not the light; he came only as a witness to the light. 9The true light that gives light to every man was coming into the world.[b]

10He was in the world, and though the world was made through him, the world did not recognize him. 11He came to that which was his own, but his own did not receive him. 12Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God— 13children born not of natural descent,[c] nor of human decision or a husband's will, but born of God.

14The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the One and Only,[d] who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.

15John testifies concerning him. He cries out, saying, "This was he of whom I said, 'He who comes after me has surpassed me because he was before me.' " 16From the fullness of his grace we have all received one blessing after another. 17For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ. 18No one has ever seen God, but God the One and Only,[e][f]who is at the Father's side, has made him known.

bluesky83
09-14-2006, 05:25 PM

It's a huge article, but here are the main headings:

Similarities between Paganism and Christianity

Reasons for the similarities

My comments: The most reasonable reasons seems to be the Christianity copied pagan rituals. Another theory was that Satan did it to decieve. If that is indeed the case, then almost all Christians are under influence of Satan, as evident through paganist rituals during Christmas, Easter, and other holy events. Another good reason is that Christians found paganistic rituals as the literal truth. This idea is gaining widespread popularity. However, under historical evidence, a good reason may be forgery, where this "god-man" theory has become a hoax. From my understanding, there were numerous individuals before Christ who claimed divinity.

Implications of the similarities

My comments: Conservative Christians in the Middle East and other holy regions (the minority) consider the Bible as the one and only truth and completely disregard paganistc rituals. Some theorists claim that "miracles" such as the virgin birth, miraculous healings, crucifixion, ascension etc. were all paganistic ideas during Christ's time. Thus many of the Christian beliefs are not original. Personally, I find Christianity as paganism with a monotheistic god-man/man-god.
As someone who used t ostudy paganism (i.e. Wicca), this is very true. The reason Christians used Pagan holidays as their own was because it would make it easier to convert the Pagans. Historically I THINK (think being the keyword) it has actually been proven that Jesus was not born in December. Christmas falls on the Pagan's Yule, Easter falls on the Pagan's Ostara. Most Pagan holidays are placed around the changing of the seasons and equinoxes (hence the reason for their dates). The trinity is also a Pagan concept (Mother, Goddess, Crone) which is a representation of the full, waxing, and waning moons. I don't know if Christians borrowed that, I don't want to claim that they did. Besides the Bible's trinity and the pagan trinity seem to be two entirely different things. Just a little info =)

Curaezipirid
09-14-2006, 07:28 PM
Alaikumassalam

indeed the word is with Allah:

The word, is "Allah"

mu'asalam

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.