/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Scientology?

Ghazi
09-04-2006, 10:31 PM
:sl:

It seems to be the new kid on the relgious block or i think,what's it all about and where did it come from?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
09-04-2006, 10:36 PM
Isnt that the study of knowledge or something?...
theres also somethin with Church of scientology...dunno.

dougmusr
09-04-2006, 10:54 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islam-truth
:sl:

It seems to be the new kid on the relgious block or i think,what's it all about and where did it come from?
You might go to their web site. My understanding is that it was started by a guy named L. Ron Hubbard who was a writer of fiction. It is popular among the rich and famous in Hollywood where trying the new thing is in vogue. I would consider it a cult based on the personality and teachings of an individual.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
09-04-2006, 10:55 PM
You can look it up in wikipedia.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
dougmusr
09-04-2006, 10:58 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by dougmusr
You might go to their web site. My understanding is that it was started by a guy named L. Ron Hubbard who was a writer of fiction. It is popular among the rich and famous in Hollywood where trying the new thing is in vogue. I would consider it a cult based on the personality and teachings of an individual.
One other thing. Remember that cults tend to use websites like bait, and seldom make the deeper portions of their teachings visible until the person has swallowed the hook and has developed an emotional attachment.

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
09-04-2006, 10:59 PM
True...same goes for anti sites.

dougmusr
09-05-2006, 12:35 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tayyaba
The whole point is that people fail to understand why science and religion can correlate. But actually I think its off topic now.
You're quite correct, religion and science are off topic. Scientology may have science in the name but that's about the extent of it. It would be far closer to secular humanism in that it stresses the involvement of man is his own perfection, and offers consultants with exorbant fees to help those having difficulty reaching the next level of perfection.

Woodrow
09-05-2006, 02:26 AM
Let us now return to the topic. For those that may have forgotten the topic is not science, it is the Religion called Scientology.

Please state your ideas as to what you believe Sientology is as taught by L. Ron Hubbard.

In my opinion Hubbard was a good Sci-fi writer and he should have stuck with what he knew. To my understanding Scientology is essentialy agnosticism, but only allows for certain agnostic beliefs.

Trumble
09-05-2006, 06:24 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
In my opinion Hubbard was a good Sci-fi writer and he should have stuck with what he knew. To my understanding Scientology is essentialy agnosticism, but only allows for certain agnostic beliefs.
From his point of view he got it right, Hubbard may far more money from Scientology than he every did from some very average science fiction. Agreed with Tayyaba, the Wikipedia article is the place to go. Personally I don't think scientology can seriously be considered a "religion".

"Returning to topic" does not necessitate deleting posts that stray off it.

vpb
09-05-2006, 06:50 AM
they believe we have something to do , or we come from UFOs , I'm not sure

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.