/* */

PDA

View Full Version : is red bull haraam?

Helena
09-04-2006, 10:43 PM
:sl:

am curious, confused...this question hit moi always...but am still unlcear.....

is red bull haram? is jus a energetic drink rite....have been having it for da last couple of years...had in saudi arabai too...dey also have bison..same taste and stuff...

dse any one?

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Ghazi
09-04-2006, 10:44 PM

This had always confused me i thought it was alcoholic i used to avoid it thought it would give me wings, is it just a normal soft drink?

Samee
09-04-2006, 10:52 PM

As far as I know, its just a caffeinated energy drink. It's like gatorade, but it has alot of caffeine and other chemicals which keep you awake and make you hyper and energetic. It has no alcohol, so you can't classify it as haraam. A kid I knew used to drink it before a fight.

QuranStudy
09-04-2006, 10:57 PM
It's halal imo. It contains stuff like ginseng and other caffeine, all I think are halaal.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Vitor Blitz
09-04-2006, 11:02 PM
Well I know kids can buy it so I wouldnt think they have alcohol.

sameer
09-05-2006, 12:38 PM
If i remember correctly it has less than 1% alchohol in it. - but it stil has alcho.
Once its less than 1 % then ppl dont usually print it on the label.

I'll double check it just to make sure though

Helena
09-05-2006, 12:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sameer
actually it has less than 1% alchohol in it. - but it stil has alcho.
Once its less than 1 % then ppl dont usually print it on the label.
u kidding me.....any evidence/proof?

man.....i jus had red bull......am a frequent red bull drinker...

and i emailed da red bull company for evidence if it cintains alcohol...da reply was no...

i dnt get it...help...

sameer
09-05-2006, 01:22 PM
well the imam of our Jamaat, (he is also the person in our darluloom institue who goes around certifying food places and types of food as halaal and haraam) stopped us from drinking it, and i think he said that it contained alcohol in it. I will ask him to make sure.
He also has I believe is a Masters Degree in Food Technology, so he knows the make up and chemicals of certain foods/ ingredients etc.

Helena
09-05-2006, 01:30 PM
well the imam of our Jamaat, (he is also the person in our darluloom institue who goes around certifying food places and types of food as halaal and haraam) stopped us from drinking it, and i think he said that it contained alcohol in it. I will ask him to make sure.
He also has I believe is a Masters Degree in Food Technology, so he knows the make up and chemicals of certain foods/ ingredients etc.
yeah inshalah let moi knw......

i heard lucozade and other drinks contain alcohol...man am not cure...

this is all confusing....

MuslimChap
09-05-2006, 06:11 PM
Didn't wanna create a new thread. Similar theme.

Erm... Is sour cream halal? It contains white wine vinegar, that's why I ask.

Can we eat cheese and onion pasties from Greggs? Got an email from one of my contacts saying we couldn’t.

Helena
09-05-2006, 07:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MuslimChap
Didn't wanna create a new thread. Similar theme.

Erm... Is sour cream halal? It contains white wine vinegar, that's why I ask.

Can we eat cheese and onion pasties from Greggs? Got an email from one of my contacts saying we couldn’t.
if it contains white wine vinegar...which is partialy alcohol....if douts occur...shud be totally avoided inshalah......well i avoid anything that has alcohol...i.e white wine vinegar.....once it contained in a tuna baugette man...we shud read the ingredient before eating or to buy something...thats wot i do...thru shopping....

greggs..yeah i heard that too.....well am not sure....

MusLiM 4 LiFe
09-05-2006, 07:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by HAJI_HELENA

please dnt say dat.. :( my fave drink..

sameer
06-29-2007, 07:52 PM
salaams,

I know I'm a bit late but, our Imam confirmed Red Bull to be Halal. He contacted the company and they confirmed that it has no alchohol.

So just to correct my earlier posts. :-[

00:00
06-29-2007, 08:46 PM
He contacted the company and they confirmed that it has no alchohol.
They probably lying, its all about making money.If they said it contained alcohol than they know it would of cost them and they would of lost money.

3isha
06-29-2007, 09:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by LABBAYK

well, i definately knw that lucozade orignal is haraam ( it contains alcohol)
but i think the orange one does'nt have alcohol, that one is halaal

Trumble
06-29-2007, 10:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by 00:00
They probably lying, its all about making money.If they said it contained alcohol than they know it would of cost them and they would of lost money.
Why would they lie? There is simply no need to include alcohol in energy drinks any more than there is in a can of lemonade.

Lucozade does include trace amounts of alcohol, it's used as a carrying agent for flavourings (Ribena, too). To put the amounts in perspective, you are likely to find more alcohol both in fruit juice and in bread as a result of natural fermentation!

Yanal
06-29-2007, 11:47 PM
Asalam alkum i think it isn't haraam because if it was people would'nt sell it in a muslim country for example(Saudi Arabia)and their is also a drink called red rain i think it ocntains the same material just the namee difference

.:Mustapha:.
06-30-2007, 02:59 AM

I used to be a regular redbull drinker. But I stopped because it caused me heart palpitations’ (Fast Heart Beats). It also has some chemical that drops the blood pressure. Even if it’s halal, avoid it brothers & sisters because of it’s high caffeine levels & other contents that are harmful to the body. There are numerous stories of deaths related to redbull. Just search google, keywords "redbull death".

H@fiz Aziz
06-30-2007, 03:15 AM
should no better red bull is haram it has 0.05% alcohol added in it. Contact Muslim Consumer Groups people arnt gonna tell you they put alcohol in it there not that dumb.

guyabano
06-30-2007, 07:01 AM
Red Bull and all other energy drinks contain a big portion of 'guarana'. It's lot of coffein, but for sure no alcohol. But now if 'guarana' is haraam, dunno !?

vpb
06-30-2007, 07:32 AM

subhanallah, how many muslims we have that study chemistry, and none is able to take one day a redbull, and try to find out if it contains alchool ??? but all we do is hold on non-muslims' articles ??? depending on non-muslims to findout if something is halal or haram?

that is why we (the ummah) are in this condition, bc we are not able offer anything, even to help scholars by telling them things which they can't know.

may Allah swt guide this ummah. Ameen

Kittygyal
10-20-2007, 10:07 PM
salamualikum.
It aint Haram. :L
Ma'assalama

chacha_jalebi
10-20-2007, 10:17 PM
aaa the "is or isnt it haraam" issue *yawns* :D

if you cant find strong evidence, then if you doubt it leave it and if you dont doubt then dont leave simple!!!!

Malaikah
10-21-2007, 03:33 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by vpb

subhanallah, how many muslims we have that study chemistry, and none is able to take one day a redbull, and try to find out if it contains alchool ??? but all we do is hold on non-muslims' articles ??? depending on non-muslims to findout if something is halal or haram?

that is why we (the ummah) are in this condition, bc we are not able offer anything, even to help scholars by telling them things which they can't know.

There are millions of products out there- you can't expect Muslim to go out of their way and test every single one. :uuh:

If the company said there is no alcohol that should be enough for us. :-\

SirZubair
10-21-2007, 03:47 AM
Energy drink my foot... i can drink 5 bottles ( and i have ) and go to sleep 30 minutes later.

جوري
10-21-2007, 04:04 AM
whether or not it contains alcohol I'd avoid such drinks.. anything with amphetamines, caffeine, phencyclidine is a NO NO unless prescribed by your doctor and supervised by your doctor...

I don't enjoy getting into people's affairs least of which health affairs on the net.. but there are some serious ramifications from both downers and uppers that people consume like candy...
at least a hundred of thousands people die yearly in the U.S alone from mixing seemingly innocuous medications with prescriptions or taking them improperly.. yes Tylenol or as you call it in England Paracetamol can kill you... your metronidazole and I don't know the brand name of that can and will induce a very vile reaction if you use it even with your mouth wash...
your st. john's liver wort may be associated with hypertensive crisis.. I don't need to be pasting an excerpt like this

THEORETICAL CAUTIONS AND CONTRAINDICATIONS — St John's wort is contraindicated in pregnancy (based on animal studies, Grush 1998). Use with caution in individuals taking digoxin (may alter levels of this medication, Johne 1999). It is not for use in severe depression. Use with caution in individuals taking other antidepressants (Gordon, 1998). Based on its pharmacological activity, St John's wort may alter the actions of monoamine oxidase (MAO) inhibitors, tricyclic antidepressants, and selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) (Chatterjee, 1998; Bennett, 1998). May elevate hepatic transaminases (noted animal studies at high doses) (Brockmoller, 1990). May cause photosensitivity (based on animal studies and a human clinical trial) (Brockmoller, 1997). Use with caution in individuals on reserpine (effects may be antagonized by St John's wort) (Okpanyi, 1987). Use with caution in individuals on narcotic medications (based on animal studies, may enhance sedation from these drugs) (Okpanyi, 1987).

May cause drowsiness (mild). Based on pharmacological activity, use with caution while driving or operating machinery. Caution in individuals taking sedative medications (eg, anxiolytics, benzodiazepines). Effects may be additive with other CNS depressants or natural products with sedative properties.

Antidepressant therapy may precipitate a shift to mania or hypomania in individuals with bipolar affective disorder (Schneck, 1998).

Three patients experienced mania after short-term St John's wort use. All returned to normal after discontinuing the product.

St John's wort may induce the cytochrome P450 enzyme system, although there is conflicting information about this claim. Specifically, data indicates probable interactions between St John's wort and the HIV-1 protease inhibitor indinavir (Piscitelli, 2000) and between St John's wort and the antirejection medication cyclosporine (Ruschitzka, 2000). Additionally, enzyme induction may result in decreased estrogen levels in individuals taking oral contraceptives (Yue, 2000). While the FDA has issued a public health advisory regarding this issue, the authors recommend considerable caution be exercised before adding St John's wort to any medication regimen containing a cytochrome P-450 3A substrate.

St John's wort may cause an increase in thyroid-stimulating hormone (Ferko, 2001; Hauben, 2002
for you to take notice, that over the counter products aren't harmless... they are simply not submitted for testing as much or at all.. I don't know how your system works in England.. but we have an FDA here to pass clearance for drugs and it is a rigorous process with many aplications--- in the end leading you to conclude, over the counter doesn't equate to safe!

Do you really need a scholar to tell you, it contains no alcohol.. go ahead you have my blessings to consume it? would you consume canned tar because it contains no alcohol?

Isambard
10-21-2007, 04:27 AM
Alcohol is a depressant. Energy drinks are suppose to to have the opposite effect.

IT MAKES NO SENSE TO HAVE ALCOHOL IN IT.

Now there are those who mix their red bull with alcohol which I would advice agaisnt as it does a number on your heart and has been a few cases of heart attack as a result.

------
01-14-2008, 01:29 PM
:salamext:

* bump

So is it haraam?

------
01-14-2008, 01:38 PM
:salamext:

Here's 1 fatwa

http://forum.mpacuk.org/showpost.php...84&postcount=4

anatolian
01-14-2008, 06:05 PM
Almost every fabricated drink contains alchohol.Coces, soda pops etc..but less then %1, so they dont write it on the bottle.Now I dont know if it is haram to drink such drinks.

qassy!
01-14-2008, 06:12 PM
I drink 2 - 4 cans a day its Halah!

Is Red Bull® Energy Drink halal?Red Bull® Energy Drink is halal?

This has been certified by the MUSLIM JUDICIAL COUNCIL. Imaam Y. Harris, Cape Town.

Before issuing this certificate the production site and the origin of the ingredients were inspected and checked by an official of the Federation.
http://www.redbull.co.uk/en/ProductP...ion?faqIndex=5

Now people are going to say they are lying, regardless, I don't my research they not lying I'm going to carry on drinking it.

This is one thing thay anoys me

How do you know somthing is halah 100% you dont!
Your meat you buy you dont know if its Halah do you? BUT because its got the sign saying HALAH you trust it.

Kurisu
01-14-2008, 06:17 PM
As far as i'm aware the haraam comes from what it does and not what it is as such, right?

So alcohol is forbidden because of the obvious effects that appear after drinking too much, not specifically because it is alcohol?

But only 0.05% or w/e couldn't possibly have a major effect on anyone.

I honestly don't know that much but i wouldn't say such a small amount could cause any damage.

qassy!
01-14-2008, 06:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kurisu
As far as i'm aware the haraam comes from what it does and not what it is as such, right?

So alcohol is forbidden because of the obvious effects that appear after drinking too much, not specifically because it is alcohol?

But only 0.05% or w/e couldn't possibly have a major effect on anyone.

I honestly don't know that much but i wouldn't say such a small amount could cause any damage.

Is Red Bull® Energy Drink halal?Red Bull® Energy Drink is halal?

This has been certified by the MUSLIM JUDICIAL COUNCIL. Imaam Y. Harris, Cape Town.

Before issuing this certificate the production site and the origin of the ingredients were inspected and checked by an official of the Federation.
http://www.redbull.co.uk/en/ProductP...ion?faqIndex=5

islamirama
01-14-2008, 06:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by qassy!
Next question than is, is it a zionist company? are we paying them so they can drink the blood of our Palestinian brothers/sisters?

qassy!
01-14-2008, 06:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islamirama
Next question than is, is it a zionist company? are we paying them so they can drink the blood of our Palestinian brothers/sisters?
I dont know I dont care.....i am buying a product. I am paying for a product

Kurisu
01-14-2008, 06:40 PM
According to the mighty wikipedia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_bull
It's a thai company.

You really are too paranoid of corporations :okay:

qassy!
01-14-2008, 06:45 PM
and also my tax paying money is killing brothers and sisters in iraq. i cant stop it!

islamirama
01-14-2008, 07:18 PM
and also my tax paying money is killing brothers and sisters in iraq. i cant stop it!
Think you have more control over what you drink then where your tax money goes....

anyways....

A 250 ml can of Red Bull contains, among other ingredients:
  • 80 mg of caffeine (more than three times the caffeine that’s in the same amount of Coke)
  • 1000 mg of taurine, an amino acid
There’s no long-term research on how caffeine, taurine and glucuronolactone interact in the body.

Countries like Norway, Denmark and France are so nervous about the can’s contents, they’ve banned the sale of Red Bull.

In fact, because Red Bull has so much caffeine – it can actually dehydrate the drinker. That means if you’re physically exerting yourself and drink just a Red Bull, the lack of hydration could strain your heart.

In 2000, Ross Cooney, a healthy, 18-year-old basketball player from Limerick, Ireland, collapsed on the court and died after drinking four cans of Red Bull before a basketball game.

http://www.cbc.ca/consumers/market/f...ull/index.html

http://www.landoverbaptist.org/news0903/redbull.html

format_quote Originally Posted by Kurisu
According to the mighty wikipedia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_bull
It's a thai company.

You really are too paranoid of corporations :okay:
Doesn't hurt to ask or throw a question out there, an informed consumer is better than an ignorant and dead one...

qassy!
01-14-2008, 07:19 PM
Think you have more control over what you drink then where your tax money goes....

anyways....

A 250 ml can of Red Bull contains, among other ingredients:
  • 80 mg of caffeine (more than three times the caffeine that’s in the same amount of Coke)
  • 1000 mg of taurine, an amino acid
There’s no long-term research on how caffeine, taurine and glucuronolactone interact in the body.

Countries like Norway, Denmark and France are so nervous about the can’s contents, they’ve banned the sale of Red Bull.

In fact, because Red Bull has so much caffeine – it can actually dehydrate the drinker. That means if you’re physically exerting yourself and drink just a Red Bull, the lack of hydration could strain your heart.

In 2000, Ross Cooney, a healthy, 18-year-old basketball player from Limerick, Ireland, collapsed on the court and died after drinking four cans of Red Bull before a basketball game.

http://www.cbc.ca/consumers/market/f...ull/index.html

http://www.landoverbaptist.org/news0903/redbull.html

Doesn't hurt to ask or throw a question out there, an informed consumer is better than an ignorant and dead one...

Ok in plain english

Red Bull is Halah

aadil77
01-14-2008, 07:21 PM
thats true Ive felt that before

aadil77
01-14-2008, 07:22 PM
Ok in plain english

Red Bull is Halah
lol! you mean HALA'L'

qassy!
01-14-2008, 07:23 PM
French ban on Red Bull (drink) upheld by European Court

chacha_jalebi
01-14-2008, 08:38 PM
a hadith :D

On the authority of Al-Hasan bin Ali, the grandson of the messenger of Allah, who said : I memorized from the messenger of Allah his saying :

"Leave that which makes you doubt for that which does not make you doubt."

[Tirmidhi]

there is evidence for and againist in this thread its upto you which one you want to follow

so no point left to the thread

:threadclo oooo yeaaa :shade:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.