/* */

PDA

View Full Version : A Brother Like THAT!

Ra`eesah
06-10-2005, 07:16 AM
Assalamu'Alaykum

Shuaib received an automobile from his brother as a Eid present. On Eid day when Shuaib came out of his office, a street urchin was walking around the shiny new car, admiring it. "Is this your car, Uncle?" he asked. Shuaib nodded. "My brother gave it to me for Eid." The boy was astounded.

"You mean your brother gave it to you and it didn't cost you nothing? Boy, I wish..." He hesitated. Of course Shuaib knew what he was going to wish for. He was going to wish he had a brother like that. But what the lad said jarred Shuaib all the way down to his heels. "I wish," the boy went on, "that I could be a brother like that." Shuaib looked at the boy in astonishment, then impulsively he added, "Would you like to take a ride in my automobile?" "Oh yes, I'd love that."

After a short ride, the boy turned and with his eyes aglow, said, "Uncle, would you mind driving in front of my house?" Shuaib smiled a little. He thought he knew what the lad wanted. He wanted to show his neighbors that he could ride home in a big automobile. But Shuaib was wrong again. "Will you stop where those two steps are?" the boy asked. He ran up the steps. Then in a little while Shuaib heard him coming back, but he was not coming fast. He was carrying his little crippled brother. He sat him down on the bottom step, then sort of squeezed up against him and pointed to the car.

"There she is, uncle, just like I told you upstairs. His brother gave it to him for Eid and it didn't cost him a penny. And some day I'm gonna give you one just like it...then you can see for yourself all the pretty things in the Shop windows that I've been trying to tell you about."

Shuaib got out and lifted the boy to the front seat of his car. The shining-eyed older brother climbed in beside him and the three of them began a memorable holiday ride. That Eid, Shuaib learned what the Rasul-Allah :arabic5: meant when he had said: "love for your brother what you love for yourself".

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
MetSudaisTwice
06-10-2005, 07:58 AM
salam
mashallah that was very nice sis
jazakallah

Far7an
06-10-2005, 03:05 PM
Assalamu 'alaikum

Subhanallah :'( beautiful story

may Allah forgive us for our shortcomings.

minaz
06-10-2005, 04:40 PM
i totally agree with brother Farhan

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ibn Syed
06-10-2005, 04:48 PM
Mashallah beautiful story and ameen to br. Farhan's dua.
:w:

Umm_Qaylah
06-15-2005, 06:27 AM
As-Salaamu 'Alaykum Wa Rahmatullaah,

Awwww, SubHana-Allaah. Thats such a cute little story. I'm gonna tell it to my nephews Insha-Allaah, since they are two brothers.

Aameen@du'a.

Jezaaki-Allaahu Khayren Ukht.

Wa'Alaykum As-Salaam Wa Rahmatullaahi Wa Barakaatuh.

junna1
06-15-2005, 08:33 PM
:sl:

Masha allah that was very beautiful. Jazakallahu Khayran for posting it sis.

Protected_Diamond
11-05-2005, 06:02 PM
masha Allah that story is wiked and quite sad too jazahka Allah khair for sharing

Samee
11-06-2005, 04:38 AM

MASHALLAH! What a beautiful story! It almost made me cry :(

Sahabiyaat
11-06-2005, 11:49 AM
oh MashaAllah
if only we could all be like that

its always 'me' 'me' 'me'

but one should realise that u have greater pleasure wen giving away what u want to someone else
because u know Allah is watching and he will reward u with something better.

lovely story :rose:

arehat
03-13-2006, 08:24 PM
Here is something beautiful I read and wanted to share.

"A HAND THAT GIVES IS HIGHER THAN A HAND THAT TAKES".

A Brother like That

Shuaib received an automobile from his brother as a Eid present. On Eid day when Shuaib came out of his office, a street urchin was walking around the shiny new car, admiring it. "Is this your car, Uncle?" he asked. Shuaib nodded. " My brother gave it to me for Eid." The boy was astounded.

"You mean your brother gave it to you and it didn't cost you nothing? Boy, I wish..." He hesitated. Of course Shuaib knew what he was going to wish for. He was going to wish he had a brother like that. But what the lad said jarred Shuaib all the way down to his heels. "I wish," the boy went on, "that I could be a brother like that." Shuaib looked at the boy in astonishment, then impulsively he added, "Would you like to take a ride in my automobile?" "Oh yes, I'd love that."

After a short ride, the boy turned and with his eyes aglow, said, "Uncle, would you mind driving in front of my house?" Shuaib smiled a little. He thought he knew what the lad wanted. He wanted to show his neighbors that he could ride home in a big automobile. But Shuaib was wrong again. "Will you stop where those two steps are?" the boy asked. He ran up the steps. Then in a little while Shuaib heard him coming back, but he was not coming fast. He was carrying his little crippled brother. He sat him down on the bottom step, then sort of squeezed up against him and pointed to the car.

"There she is, just like I told you upstairs. His brother gave it to him for Eid and it didn't cost him a penny. And some day I'm gonna give you one just like it...then you can see for yourself all the pretty things in the Shop windows that I've been trying to tell you about."

Shuaib got out and lifted the boy to the front seat of his car. The shining-eyed older brother climbed in beside him and the three of them began a memorable holiday ride. That Eid, Shuaib learned what Rasullallah(sallallallahu alaiyhi wassallam) meant when he had said: "Love for your brother what you love for yourself ".

03-13-2006, 08:33 PM
Awe sis. jazaks for sharing that.

masha'Allah. very very butiful story and u knw evn though i'm not feeling well... yet this put a smile on my face.

and i have a sister like that :) alhumduli'Allah.

Selising
03-14-2006, 08:04 AM
Alhamdulillah. How nice to have a person who loves you dearly and having someone to love

Halima
03-14-2006, 12:36 PM

Thread moved.

MetSudaisTwice
03-14-2006, 12:37 PM
salam
have read this before a few times on the forums
inshallah the new members can benefit from this
wasalam

sapphire
03-14-2006, 07:53 PM
been posted enough time on the forum......guess the thread will be merged...

its a nice read......like this story subhanallah its sweet !

bint-ul-islam
03-14-2006, 08:00 PM
mashallah ...very nice!!!!!!!!! :)

Shining Star
03-14-2006, 10:32 PM
Ohhh its so sweet!

extinction
04-21-2006, 07:13 AM
wow so nice and touching mashallah

Umm Safiya
04-21-2006, 07:55 AM

Beautiful masha Allâh.. :'(

Anonymous.92
04-21-2006, 08:03 AM
Mashallah... I hope we all learn from this story.

Tilmeez
04-21-2006, 08:11 AM
Mashallh ... very nice ...
:rose:

Inshallah
04-21-2006, 08:24 AM
That is how my brother is to me mashallah :'(

Rabi'ya
04-21-2006, 09:02 AM
mashAllah a beautiful and touching story...

makes you think doesnt it!!

Rabi'ya:rose:

Sister_6038
04-21-2006, 09:04 AM
oh wow...sis jazakhallah khair...*sob sob*

Daffodil
04-21-2006, 01:31 PM
Wow mashallah what a beautiful story.

IbnAbdulHakim
04-21-2006, 01:33 PM
this guy gets a automobile and my brothers consider advice to be the most precious... :rollseyes

lol mashAllah :)

safiya0631
05-01-2006, 12:50 PM
:sl: dat was a really touching story...mashallah sis :w:

Kittygyal
05-01-2006, 12:54 PM
Salam,

aw what a touching story :'( thanks fr sharing it :)

W.salam

afriend
05-01-2006, 01:03 PM
That bought a tear to my eyes...I wish I was a better bro to my lil bro...:'(

Samee
05-01-2006, 06:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Inshallah
That is how my brother is to me mashallah :'(

Yes, my brother is like that to me too. :'(

Hijaabi22
05-01-2006, 06:25 PM
AWWWWWWWWWWW mashaAllah

Khayal
05-01-2006, 07:12 PM

Gud sharing, jazaak ALLAH khayr..:rose:

natasha
05-01-2006, 07:22 PM
Oooh masha'Allah a wonderful story sis!!
thnks for sharin with us:)

*noor
05-01-2006, 07:25 PM
very nice mashallah!

A(SMILE ITS ME)
05-01-2006, 07:31 PM
Mashaaalah,
We Always Have Too Remember These Things.
Thanks For Reminding Us

Abdul-Raouf
07-14-2006, 05:08 PM
Shuaib received an automobile from his brother as a Eid present. On Eid day when Shuaib came out of his office, a street urchin was walking around the shiny new car, admiring it. "Is this your car, Uncle?" he asked. Shuaib nodded. "My brother gave it to me for Eid." The boy was astounded.

"There she is, uncle, just like I told you upstairs. His brother gave it to him for Eid and it didn't cost him a penny. And some day I'm gonna give you one just like it...then you can see for yourself all the pretty things in the Shop windows that I've been trying to tell you about."

Shuaib got out and lifted the boy to the front seat of his car. The shining-eyed older brother climbed in beside him and the three of them began a memorable holiday ride. That Eid, Shuaib learned what the Rasul-Allah meant when he had said: "love for your brother what you love for yourself".

------
07-14-2006, 05:09 PM
Awwwwwwwwwwww wiked story Masha'Allah! :'(

Samee
07-16-2006, 02:15 AM
I've read that story many times and I don't think I'll ever get sick of it.

oNeUmmaH
07-16-2006, 02:19 AM
subhan allah...all allahs doing by putting love in our hearts. you should give somthing you love and care for what u do love
salam wa alykum

oNeUmmaH
07-16-2006, 02:22 AM
just read that bow brother and allhum da lillah its all allahs doing

M H Kahn
07-21-2006, 07:06 PM
If Shuab is unkind to his brother who has gifted him the car ! Yes, such unkind brothers are many in today's world !! How cruel are other sides of such stories !!!

unknown_JJ
04-28-2007, 02:16 PM

Shuaib got out and lifted the boy to the front seat of his car. The shining-eyed older brother climbed in beside him and the three of them began a memorable holiday ride. That Eid, Shuaib learned what the Rasul-Allah meant when he had said: "love for your brother what you love for yourself".

Pure Imaan
04-28-2007, 09:16 PM
wow, mashallah wat a nice story, jazakhallah for posting this sister, it rely made me me think

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
04-28-2007, 09:27 PM
MashaAllah, that was lovely :statisfie.
JazakAllah Khair for sharing.

'Abd al-Baari
04-28-2007, 09:38 PM

Nice story..Mashallah :thumbs_up
Jazakallah Khair for sharing

Al_Imaan
04-28-2007, 09:56 PM
nice story...Jazak Allah for sharing

Tilmeez
05-02-2007, 08:02 AM
Nice one!
thanx for sharing!!

HaYa-MiD gIrL
05-11-2007, 10:07 AM
may allah bless u brother
nice story
my regards

------
05-11-2007, 10:49 AM
:salamext:

Mashaa Allaah nice story, an eye opener :)

skhalid
05-11-2007, 10:56 AM
A very enchanting story..jazakallahh 4 sharing!!!!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.