/* */

PDA

View Full Version : The Value of Parents

Ra`eesah
06-10-2005, 07:22 AM
Assalamu'Alaykum

A little boy came up to his mother in the kitchen one evening while she was fixing supper, and he handed her a piece of paper that he had been writing on. After his mom dried her hands on an apron, she read it, and this is what it said:

For cutting the grass: $5.00
For cleaning up my room this week: $1.00
For going to the store for you: .50
Babysitting my kid brother while you went shopping: .25
Taking out the garbage: $1.00
For getting a good report card: $5.00
For cleaning up and raking the yard: $2.00
Total owed: $14.75

Well, his mother looked at him standing there, the boy could see the memories flashing through her mind. She picked up the pen, turned over the paper he'd written on, and this is what she wrote:

For 9 months I carried you while you were growing inside me: No Charge.
For all the nights that I've sat up with you, doctored and prayed for you: No Charge.
For all the trying times, and all the tears that you've caused through the years: No Charge.
For all the nights that were filled with dread, and for the worries I knew were ahead: No Charge.
For the toys, food, clothes, and even wiping your nose: No Charge,
Son, When you add it up, the cost of my love is: No Charge.
When the boy finished reading what his mother had written, there were big tears in his eyes, and he looked straight at his mother and said, "Mum, I sure do love you".

And then he took the pen and in great big letters he wrote: "PAID IN FULL"

"Your Lord has decreed that you should worship nothing except Him, and show) kindness to your parents, whether one or both of them attain old age (while they are) still with you, never say to them 'Shame! nor scold either of them. Speak to them in a generous fashion. Protect them carefully and say: 'My Lord, show them mercy, just as they cared for me as a little child'"
[Surah 17:23-24].

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Far7an
06-10-2005, 03:09 PM
Assalamu alaikum

This reminds me of the following ayah

And lower unto them the wing of submission through mercy, and say: My Lord! Have mercy on them both as they did care for me when I was little. Surah Al Isra ayah 24

may Allah give us a better understanding of how valueble our parents are.

Nablus
06-10-2005, 03:32 PM
what ever we have done towards our parents
we couldnt say because its very small

so we cant compare btween what did they towards us and what did we do twoards them

May Allah bless our parents

Best regards

Hajar
06-10-2005, 04:11 PM
assalamu alaykum,

My dad once told me about the time of the profet Mohammed (SWS).

A father came to the profet an began to complain to him about his son..who didnt treat his parents good and was always in a fight with them...

The profet went to their son and asks him about this isue and asked if this was true... the boy told the profet 3 things:

1. That his father choos a bad mother for him
2. His father never learned him Quran.
3. He said that his father gave him a bad name.

So the profet (sws) gave the boy his right and said that the father was wrong... :)

Hope I told this right otherwish I hope that Allah (swt) will forgive me if im wrong...

wa salam

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Far7an
06-10-2005, 04:17 PM
A father came to the profet an began to complain to him about his son..who didnt treat his parents good and was always in a fight with them...

The profet went to their son and asks him about this isue and asked if this was true... the boy told the profet 3 things:

1. That his father choos a bad mother for him
2. His father never learned him Quran.
3. He said that his father gave him a bad name.

So the profet (sws) gave the boy his right and said that the father was wrong... :)
Hope I told this right otherwish I hope that Allah (swt) will forgive me if im wrong...

Assalamu 'alaikum

Was it the prophet or hadhrat Umar (radiallahu anhu)

Ibn Syed
06-10-2005, 04:20 PM
Mashallah good post sister!

Hajar
06-10-2005, 04:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by farhan247

Assalamu 'alaikum

Was it the prophet or hadhrat Umar (radiallahu anhu)

Well that I know for sure, it was the prophet (sws) :)

''I asked my dad again" :D

Far7an
06-10-2005, 06:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hajar
Well that I know for sure, it was the prophet (sws) :)

''I asked my dad again" :D
Assalamu 'alaikum

ok jazakallah khair for clearing that up

Arwa
06-10-2005, 06:59 PM
assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatu

Masha'Allah .. excellent post. :thumbs_up :D :sister:

Reminds me of these ayaat in surah al Ahqaf.:

15. And We have enjoined on man to be dutiful and kind to his parents. His mother bears him with hardship and she brings him forth with hardship, and the bearing of him, and the weaning of him is thirty (30) months, till when he attains full strength and reaches forty years, he says: "My Lord! Grant me the power and ability that I may be grateful for Your Favour which You have bestowed upon me and upon my parents, and that I may do righteous good deeds, such as please You, and make my off-spring good. Truly, I have turned to You in repentance, and truly, I am one of the Muslims (submitting to Your Will)."

16. They are those from whom We shall accept the best of their deeds and overlook their evil deeds. (They shall be) among the dwellers of Paradise, a promise of truth, which they have been promised.

17. But he who says to his parents: "Fie upon you both! Do you hold out the promise to me that I shall be raised up (again) when generations before me have passed away (without rising)?" While they (father and mother) invoke Allâh for help (and rebuke their son): "Woe to you! Believe! Verily, the Promise of Allâh is true." But he says: "This is nothing but the tales of the ancient."

18. They are those against whom the Word (of torment) is justified among the previous generations of jinns and mankind that have passed away. Verily! They are ever the losers.

ABDULLAH SAOOD
06-10-2005, 07:12 PM
Assalamo-alaikum-warahmatullahi-wabrakatu

Mashallah, mashallah excellent post and good reminder.

One only realises the true importance of parents when they are no more in this world then it is too late! May allah tala give us all the ability to please our parents, keep them happy and pray for them always.

Br ABDULLAH

Zuko
09-10-2005, 10:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by 3washey

For cutting the grass: $5.00
For cleaning up my room this week: $1.00
For going to the store for you: .50
Babysitting my kid brother while you went shopping: .25
Taking out the garbage: $1.00
For getting a good report card: $5.00
For cleaning up and raking the yard: $2.00
Total owed: $14.75

MY LITTLE BRO DID THE SAME THING! The dumb part was that he also wanted my mom to pay him for all those times she kissed him...:confused: :mad: :sister:

Afr!can angel
09-11-2005, 10:32 AM
parents ....makes me think again nice thread sister so powerful! :love: :coolsis:

Khayal
09-13-2005, 04:28 AM
:sl:

MashaAllah, very good & an excellent reminder...:rose: :rose: :rose:

Jazak ALLAH khair..

:w:

BlissfullyJaded
09-13-2005, 06:40 AM
:sl:

format_quote Originally Posted by Queenoftheworld
MY LITTLE BRO DID THE SAME THING! The dumb part was that he also wanted my mom to pay him for all those times she kissed him...:confused: :mad: :sister:
Sorry, but that made me laugh.. Paying him cuz she kissed him? ;D

Anyways, jazakallah khair sis. :thumbs_up Truly parents are a blessing. I have no idea what I'd do without them. :'(

My Lord, show them mercy, just as they cared for me as a little child'
Ameeen. :wub:

Hijaabi22
09-13-2005, 03:35 PM
Excellent post!! We sumtyms forget all our parents have done for us dont we?

sana1
09-13-2005, 04:45 PM
true without pearants we r no wher in life thats wat i say

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.