/* */

PDA

View Full Version : toothpaste

sameer
09-05-2006, 04:00 PM
so anyone ever noticed that Toothpaste is very poisonous?
and a tube is enough to kill a child?

check the back of a box of toothpaste and u will see the warning there.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Kittygyal
09-05-2006, 04:04 PM
salam.

humm now that is because if a child put it in his/her eyes not because it will die for brushing his teeth :confused:, ever medicane wich is in a box always says "reach high from children"

w.salam

The Ruler
09-05-2006, 04:05 PM
:sl:

yh but we dnt eat em we only use em ta brush ryt :? :?....or r der ppl dat actually eat it for lunch :ooh: :ooh:

:w:

sameer
09-05-2006, 05:14 PM
no if u ingest it, it can be poisonous.

But think about it.....when it mixes with ure saliva...dont a portion of it get digested even if u rinse ure mouth? I m sure we've all swallowed toothpaste.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
smile
09-05-2006, 05:42 PM
just use a miswak

ploblem solved

Kittygyal
09-05-2006, 07:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sameer
no if u ingest it, it can be poisonous.

But think about it.....when it mixes with ure saliva...dont a portion of it get digested even if u rinse ure mouth? I m sure we've all swallowed toothpaste.

salam.
so don't your brush your teeth (no offence tho ok) am just asking because if it was poision we would have been dead (humm but depends how many of us brush)
w.salam

sameer
09-05-2006, 08:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kittygyal
salam.
so don't your brush your teeth (no offence tho ok) am just asking because if it was poision we would have been dead (humm but depends how many of us brush)
w.salam
lol :D ;D

My wife and I actually went out looking for toothpaste without flouride (the poison agent) but we coudlnt find any. Now we just make sure not to swallow toothpaste and saliva mixed with toothpaste in it and we rinse extra now after brushing.

BTW, not all posions kill u at once.

http://www.fluoridealert.org/toothpaste.html

http://www.advancedhealthplan.com/fluoride.html

Just a few sites that explain the flouride poison in toothpaste.

Kittygyal
09-05-2006, 08:35 PM
lol :D ;D

My wife and I actually went out looking for toothpaste without flouride (the poison agent) but we coudlnt find any. Now we just make sure not to swallow toothpaste and saliva mixed with toothpaste in it and we rinse extra now after brushing.

BTW, not all posions kill u at once.

http://www.fluoridealert.org/toothpaste.html

http://www.advancedhealthplan.com/fluoride.html

Just a few sites that explain the flouride poison in toothpaste.

salam.
okay so you do brush your teeth humm but your alive tho (am not trying to be funny or owt but humm you would have been dead i don't get it:uhwhat )
oh right you went hunting down for some paste silly you could have just used a ordinary toothbrush with abit of water on ;D JOKE breda.

oh thanks for the links.
w.salam

Zulkiflim
09-08-2006, 10:30 AM
Salaam,

I use Najawa toothpaste...made from siwak..

Hope the spelling ic soccert and so far it works better than colgate.

Mawaddah
09-08-2006, 03:00 PM
I think they do have toothpaste without flouride, and I'm pretty sure that I use that type of toothpaste but I just can't remember right now :-\ My memory is like a sieve lol

But yes I know that toothpaste is poisonous.....funny though because when I was a kid I used to eat toothpaste, you know that minty colgate one? used to eat it like candy lol :D

Woodrow
09-08-2006, 03:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mawaddah
I think they do have toothpaste without flouride, and I'm pretty sure that I use that type of toothpaste but I just can't remember right now :-\ My memory is like a sieve lol

But yes I know that toothpaste is poisonous.....funny though because when I was a kid I used to eat toothpaste, you know that minty colgate one? used to eat it like candy lol :D
The older non-floridaded tooth pastes were/are non-poisonous. The history of toothpaste is interesting. It is fairly new. Up until about the late 1800's people in all countries used either a miswak or something similar. Here in the US it was usually the root of the Birch tree or Sassafras. After the invention of the tooth brush up until the early 1900's it was used with just water, Then people began putting stuff like vanilla flavoring on the brush to make it a bit enjoyable. By the mid early 1900's tooth powder began being used and it remained popular until at least the 1950s. That was basicaly diatominous earth with peppermint flavoring. I belive it was in the 1930's when tooth paste was introduced, the early toothpastes were baking soda, detergent and flavoring. That remaned basicaly unchanged until the coming of floridated tooth paste. Funny thing is most water supplies naturaly have ample flourine in them, but it is removed when the water is purified so now we have to add it with our tooth paste. Flourine is necessary for proper hardening of the enamal on our teeth, but only in very small amounts. Flouides are highly poisonous when too much is used.

doodlebug
09-08-2006, 03:22 PM
Not brushing your teeth is more dangerous than the itty bitty bit of toothpaste that you may injest by brushing 3x/day.

Tooth decay, gum disease, etc. are not fun. I would'nt worry about it.

aliyyah22
09-10-2006, 06:43 PM
We should start using miswak instead of toothpaste yes.....:-\
We'll save on buying a tooth brush and well save on buying toothpaste....:okay:

And well it is a Sunnah of the Prophet (S.A.W.)

sameer
09-10-2006, 07:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by doodlebug
Not brushing your teeth is more dangerous than the itty bitty bit of toothpaste that you may injest by brushing 3x/day.

Tooth decay, gum disease, etc. are not fun. I would'nt worry about it.
Hmmm who said anything about not brushing teeth^o)

doodlebug
09-10-2006, 09:55 PM
Hmmm who said anything about not brushing teeth^o)

Well not brushing with fluoride toothpaste in my opinion is just as bad as not brushing at all. But that's just me...my dad's a dentist so I guess I"m biased. We were never allowed to buy toothpaste without the ADA label on the tube.

QuranStudy
09-10-2006, 11:22 PM
Mouthwash even more dangerous that toothpaste :D :D

sameer
09-11-2006, 02:27 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by QuranStudy
Mouthwash even more dangerous that toothpaste :D :D
I know listerine has a really high amout of alcohol in it...... and im sure some mixes with ure saliva and is digested, but there are many non-alcohol ones available.

Kittygyal
09-13-2006, 08:40 PM
salam.
i just want to say just ask your dentist maybe you should just use a miswak instead if you think something is going to happen to you.
w.salam

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.