/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Daddylong leggs invasion..!!!

MusLiM 4 LiFe
09-05-2006, 06:34 PM
:sl:

weirdly, in our town theres daddy lng legz everywher.. dunno wher dey cme 4rm or wateva, derz like 4 or 5 in 1 room.. any1 experiencin dat in der homes? :uhwhat serious dey so freaky, like flyin spiders :heated: at skool its disgustin cuz theres like 20 (not exaggaratn) on the windows.. :grumbling

thatz all.. :D

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Fishman
09-05-2006, 06:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MusLiM 4 LiFe

weirdly, in our town theres daddy lng legz everywher.. dunno wher dey cme 4rm or wateva, derz like 4 or 5 in 1 room.. any1 experiencin dat in der homes? :uhwhat serious dey so freaky, like flyin spiders :heated: at skool its disgustin cuz theres like 20 (not exaggaratn) on the windows.. :grumbling

I have a really bad phobia of them, tipulidophobia. Fortunately I'm now armed with the amazing flygun, the world-famous projectile fly-swatt.

The flying ones are called craneflies and are essentially giant harmless mosquitos, whilst the spider ones are called by many names, I use the term daddy longlegs.

MusLiM 4 LiFe
09-05-2006, 06:41 PM
harmless? yh ryt :( dey scary and come near u..!!! honestly i got dis ting against lil insects n tings like dat.. especially spiders.. *shrugs*

Fishman
09-05-2006, 06:46 PM
harmless? yh ryt :( dey scary and come near u..!!! honestly i got dis ting against lil insects n tings like dat.. especially spiders.. *shrugs*
I like any insect that is flightless. Dragonflies, damselflies and hoverflies are also tolerable, because they just fly in straight lines. But I hate butterflies, moths and craneflies!

Fortunately the amazing flygun will insha'Allaah mean that I will have something to fight back against them! Buy the amazing flygun now!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
MusLiM 4 LiFe
09-05-2006, 06:47 PM
ts that :rollseyes

butterflies and moths, dont go there.. they so freaky!

Fishman
09-05-2006, 06:51 PM
ts that :rollseyes

butterflies and moths, dont go there.. they so freaky!
The home for people like us...

MusLiM 4 LiFe
09-05-2006, 06:53 PM
LOL haha dats jokes..

i hate lil insects wotsoever!

Fishman
09-05-2006, 06:56 PM
Weapons of bug destruction...

MusLiM 4 LiFe
09-05-2006, 06:58 PM
lol dats crazy :uhwhat u actually got one? does it work? ''kills but doesnt squish'' how does it kill then?

Fishman
09-05-2006, 07:00 PM
lol dats crazy :uhwhat u actually got one? does it work? ''kills but doesnt squish'' how does it kill then?
Yup, I got one!

It just hits the insect, and kills it or knocks it out.

MusLiM 4 LiFe
09-05-2006, 07:03 PM
im 2 scared to stand a metre away 4rm da tings ~_~

Fishman
09-05-2006, 07:05 PM
im 2 scared to stand a metre away 4rm da tings ~_~
Take the string off then, it goes miles without it!

MusLiM 4 LiFe
09-05-2006, 07:06 PM
im not a good aimer too.. :cry:

Fishman
09-05-2006, 07:09 PM
im not a good aimer too.. :cry:
You will be if you saw one of those things! I tend to go crazy and plan massive and insane operations to get one out of the house!

chacha_jalebi
09-05-2006, 07:09 PM
salaam

when i was small, lol may Allah (swt) forgive me, i used to pull out their legs :p and see how they would walk, then pull out another one :p and so on, also i kept one in a jar & fed it crisps :p but it died :D:D:D:D lol

neway yesh they are freaky :D best advice is to carry a baseball bat :p

MusLiM 4 LiFe
09-05-2006, 07:16 PM
ewwwwww ^ whaaaa? who does that :-\ lol.. actualy ma uncle picks it up on 1 leg and chucks it outside.. im like :uhwhat

Kittygyal
09-05-2006, 07:20 PM

salam.
humm maybe you can like open the windows && doors so they can go out :uuh:
yes am expericing that too because theres few in my house && i am scared of little insects i always before i go to bed check on the celling && everywhere is there is an spider am soo scared of them! don't worry there's a daddylong leg bug going around :hiding:
w.salam

MusLiM 4 LiFe
09-05-2006, 07:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kittygyal
salam.
yes am expericing that too because theres few in my house && i am scared of little insects i always before i go to bed check on the celling && everywhere is there is an spider am soo scared of them! don't worry there's a daddylong leg bug going around :hiding:
w.salam
dats xactly wot i do.. i check every room i enter..

evn if u leave da windows open insted of dem goin out more come in!!

Kittygyal
09-05-2006, 07:23 PM
dats xactly wot i do.. i check every room i enter..

evn if u leave da windows open insted of dem goin out more come in!!

salam.
well humm then tell the cops over them JOKE ;D , no seriously just stay away from them humm am not sure but it seems like in your end there's too too many :playing:
w.salam

MusLiM 4 LiFe
09-05-2006, 07:25 PM
2many if u ask me!!!

Helena
09-05-2006, 07:28 PM
interesting thread....

wallahi am not afraid of spiders or any such insects.....once in school i actully picked up a spider..let it play on my hand...and gently put it outside....same wid other insects....yeah i still do the same thing....

dnt have any problems at all....do i remember swallowing insects....:uuh: ..nah a only kidding.....

but moth...wen it enters my living room..wallahi......my brother usually runs to my mum...or calls her.....she would somehow..try to get rid of it.....

but i usually let it sit...it usually sits on da curtain bar....

Fishman
09-05-2006, 07:33 PM
salam.
They are attacted to light, which causes a problem in hot summer nights when lots of people want their windows open.

MusLiM 4 LiFe
09-05-2006, 07:33 PM
u shud c da way me and my cousins scream :) ul go deaf LOL :p

mashallah sis u got sum brave-ness!!

Kittygyal
09-05-2006, 07:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fishman
They are attacted to light, which causes a problem in hot summer nights when lots of people want their windows open.

salam.
yes thats true maybe she could trun the light or something:rollseyes
w.salam

MusLiM 4 LiFe
09-05-2006, 07:39 PM
close the light? lol

Fishman
09-05-2006, 07:40 PM
salam.
yes thats true maybe she could close the light or something:rollseyes
w.salam
Close the light? Don't you mean turn the light off? :p :playing:

Kittygyal
09-05-2006, 07:40 PM
close the light? lol

salam.
YES turn the light && go in another room :uuh:
w.salam

MusLiM 4 LiFe
09-05-2006, 07:41 PM
hehe :p joka

Kittygyal
09-05-2006, 07:41 PM

salam.
oops my bad, too fast for me speed ;D
w.salam

Fishman
09-05-2006, 07:42 PM
salam.
YES close the light && go in another room :uuh:
w.salam
Or have the window closed like I do every night.

Kittygyal
09-05-2006, 07:42 PM

salam.
oops my bad, too fast for me speed ;D
w.salam

MusLiM 4 LiFe
09-05-2006, 07:44 PM
yh das y i pointed it out :giggling:

Kittygyal
09-05-2006, 07:45 PM
yh das y i pointed it out :giggling:
salam.
shhhh little sis it's JODIE here respect ;)

nah sis trust just "TURN" i repeat "TURN" the light off of like fishy said just close the window simple

w.salam

MusLiM 4 LiFe
09-05-2006, 07:49 PM
lol tnx 4 dat :p

MusLiM 4 LiFe
09-11-2006, 07:50 PM
they havent gone, they keep coming.. theres loads downstairs, so im not goin dwnstairz!! :'(

wen dey gonna gooooo????

Kittygyal
09-11-2006, 07:54 PM
they havent gone, they keep coming.. theres loads downstairs, so im not goin dwnstairz!! :'(

wen dey gonna gooooo????
salam.
well maybe tell you mam or papa to get medicane for them like mice medicine am sure theres insects spray yep there is dunno what it's called though you seem to live in a jungle :X
w.salam

Fishman
09-11-2006, 07:55 PM

wen dey gonna gooooo????
The fly gun works wonders. I've decided not to use it on moths though, it's somewhat cruel to kill something just because you are a bit scared of it. But for craneflies things are somewhat different.

salam.
well maybe tell you mam or papa to get medicane for them like mice medicine am sure theres insects spray yep there is dunno what it's called though you seem to live in a jungle
w.salam
Bug spray pollutes the atmosphere.

S_87
09-11-2006, 08:09 PM

when i was younger i used to hold them by the leg and watch them try to fly away (sometimes their legs came off :( )

now they just do my head in. just pick them up and throw them outside

Kittygyal
09-11-2006, 08:12 PM
Bug spray pollutes the atmosphere.
salam.
does it :rollseyes who0ot someone knows alot :)
w.salam

Kittygyal
09-11-2006, 08:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by amani

when i was younger i used to hold them by the leg and watch them try to fly away (sometimes their legs came off :( )

now they just do my head in. just pick them up and throw them outside
salam.
whow very keen thats funny i mean aint you scared am scared watched too many horror movies about snakes come on people && spiders whislt asleep whoo :uhwhat :hiding:
w.salam

- Qatada -
09-11-2006, 08:14 PM
:salamext:

edit

Kittygyal
09-11-2006, 08:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude
How can kids be so evil?! :offended:
salam.
yeah i bet you are one of them :hiding: i mean what you mean so "evil" they are scary we know you eat them :uhwhat >>;D
w.salam

S_87
09-11-2006, 08:16 PM
salam.
whow very keen thats funny i mean aint you scared am scared watched too many horror movies about snakes come on people && spiders whislt asleep whoo :uhwhat :hiding:
w.salam

aah dont worry horror movies and snakes FREAK me out too. but daddy long legs and spiders are tinky winkies.

How can kids be so evil?!
tell me about it :offended: pull out legs and watch them struggle. :uhwhat

Kittygyal
09-11-2006, 08:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by amani

aah dont worry horror movies and snakes FREAK me out too. but daddy long legs and spiders are tinky winkies.
salam.
but still they are like maybe small but they suck out blood whooo :hiding: >>:grumbling
w.salam

tell me about it :offended: pull out legs and watch them struggle. :uhwhat
salam.
oh yeah && then cry && say "mama" the daddylong leg has died huh haha
w.salam

Woodrow
09-11-2006, 08:26 PM
sounds like everybody is a bunch of city dwellers. LOL.

Need to get out into the country and learn to appreciate the little creepy, crawly flying things. Soon you learn that they mean no harm, they also were made by Allah(swt) and once you get to know them they are all truly beautifull and remarkable creature.

to those who hate and fear bugs, I defy them to make just one themselves. The beauty and intricity in the lowest beetle far surpasses any human made invention.

- Qatada -
09-11-2006, 08:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
I defy them to make just one themselves. The beauty and intricity in the lowest beetle far surpasses any human made invention.

:wasalamex

subhan Allaah! :)

O men! Here is a parable set forth! listen to it! Those on whom, besides Allah, ye call, cannot create (even) a fly, if they all met together for the purpose! and if the fly should snatch away anything from them, they would have no power to release it from the fly. Feeble are those who petition and those whom they petition! (Qur'an 22:73)

Snowflake
09-11-2006, 08:36 PM
Hehe I was just doing some DIY and a daddy long legs took my wrist for a landing pad. I screamed and whooshed my arm making the hammer go flying out my hand. Somebody could've got killed! :mad:

MusLiM 4 LiFe
09-14-2006, 05:19 PM
lol.. OMG sis amani u touch dem...!!! whoa sis u got sum gutz.. i wnt evn go near dem :(

Nawal89
09-14-2006, 07:20 PM
Daddy long legs are the coolest. They are the one and only insect..wait they arent insects..spider that i am not afraid of. They're alll over my house too. I just sweep them away.

H4RUN
09-14-2006, 07:38 PM
loll hilarious thread...wait for it.....brace yourselves...i think it's a FACT tat during your lifetime on average you consume approximately 12 spiders looooool yuk yuk yuk yuk lol spit spit spit [spitting bad manner :p]
I also have these ..THINGS cruising round my house grrrr, i need to get one of those super dooper extra powerful water guns lol, aim, SWAT SQUISH...u deeeaaaaad! ;D;D
i come in peace anyway lol:p

chacha_jalebi
09-14-2006, 07:40 PM
^fact that we consume 12 spiders :p bruv dis aint no jungle or pakistan :p

get your facts right :p lol you know that was a heavy time 2 use that sayin :D:D:D:D

H4RUN
09-14-2006, 07:49 PM
^
lol indeed, but comon lol during your sleep, do you know whats goin down? lol muahahahaaaa, dey can just hop skip n jump right into your mouth, all the way into your mouth..GULP :p:p:p ewwwww makes me sik thinking of that lol, anyone put off lunch yet? moreover anyone going to stay awake with a torch in one hand and a macheti in the other lolll :p:p and a cricket bat next to the bed..just incase things get a bit outa order lolll

Hijaabi22
09-14-2006, 08:03 PM
OMGGGGGGGGGGGG I thoiught iw as the only oneeeeeeee!! da oda day omg i had da FRIGHT OF MY LIIIIIIIIIFFFFFFFFFEEEEEEEEEEE!!! Was readin namaaz n all of a sudden saw this big ugly thing flyin around my room wid big beady eyes, massive legs and wings, I jus RANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN screeeeeeeeeeeeeeamin mannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn they scre the hell outta me...anyways my dear ol' bro came to ma rescue lol, piks it up n jus flings it out lol he aint no wuss like me...anyway so me bak to readin ma namaaz again and theres ANOTHER 1 and agaiin, legged it then again ma bro gets rid of it 4me, and then AGAIN there was ANOTHER 1 its like wattttttttttttt wer these ugly creatures cumin 4rm?!

Mawaddah
09-14-2006, 08:18 PM
^ LOL man sis ......... you crack me up ;D ;D

Me.....I'm not scared of bugs. They dont bother you anyway, they just buzz around you and then speed off. They dont want to spend too much time around us smelly human beings either :giggling:

In Yemen there are like tooooonnnnnnnsssss of grasshoppers, especially duringst the summer, and the kids would catch loads of them and put them in plastic bags, and then they would pull of their legs (whilst the thing is alive) and then stuff it into their mouth and eat it :offended:
Yeah I know it's Halal and all that but I just about threw up when I saw it the first time.

The only bug I'd go out of my way to kill is a cockroach :D

- Qatada -
09-14-2006, 08:27 PM

subhan Allaah, do people eat grasshoppers alive? I saw loads all over the tiles outside Masjid un Nabawi (sal Allaahu alayhi waSalam.) I wonder how they all ended up there..

:wasalamex

Mawaddah
09-14-2006, 08:32 PM
^ People sure do eat them alive. I witnessed it all the time in Yemen. In fact a neighbour of mine used to ask my brothers to hand over to him all the grasshoppers which they found in the fields. He used to eat some of them raw and some of them he used to cook up.

H4RUN
09-14-2006, 08:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Mawaddah
^ LOL man sis ......... you crack me up ;D ;D

In Yemen there are like tooooonnnnnnnsssss of grasshoppers, especially duringst the summer, and the kids would catch loads of them and put them in plastic bags, and then they would pull of their legs (whilst the thing is alive) and then stuff it into their mouth and eat it :offended:
Yeah I know it's Halal and all that but I just about threw up when I saw it the first time.
things that make u go ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :p;D:p lol yuk! dont know why i said that lol..

snakelegs
09-14-2006, 08:59 PM
;D ;D ;D :giggling: :giggling: :D
if you people had any idea of all the various cute little creepy things i have sitting around my house in cages - some with many legs, some with none - (and some even have names!), i would probably get banned, bombed or stoned immediately.
hehehe

Hijaabi22
09-14-2006, 09:05 PM
Urgggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh h Dats Sikkkk Man

H4RUN
09-14-2006, 09:17 PM
sik? speaks the sis who speaks slang alot!...and sik means erm good lollllll:p

Hijaabi22
09-16-2006, 02:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by H4RUN
sik? speaks the sis who speaks slang alot!...and sik means erm good lollllll:p
not in my lingo dude, sik = DISGUSTINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!

Friggin so many of these ugly creaturse around wer they cum 4rm man?!

Muslimgirl01
09-16-2006, 02:51 PM
eww daddylong legs i hate them they mke me shiver....

Fishman
09-16-2006, 02:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by -----------
not in my lingo dude, sik = DISGUSTINNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!

Friggin so many of these ugly creaturse around wer they cum 4rm man?!
They come from the grass. In the Autumn they lay their eggs in the grass, which then hatch as leatherjackets, which are cranefly maggots. These then pupate, and in the early autumn hatch into adult craneflies. Adult craneflies have no mouthparts and can't feed, they just exist to mate and lay eggs.
In northern places like Scotland they emerge earlier.

Lina
09-16-2006, 04:19 PM

'Daddylong legs' ?

Seriously; what a name.

MusLiM 4 LiFe
09-16-2006, 10:19 PM
wen dey gona go away!!!???

*Hana*
09-16-2006, 11:01 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by snakelegs
if you people had any idea of all the various cute little creepy things i have sitting around my house in cages - some with many legs, some with none - (and some even have names!), i would probably get banned, bombed or stoned immediately.
hehehe
Hmmmmm, what exactly do you do for a living? :scared:

My biggest fears are spiders and junebugs. Not a fan of daddylonglegs or dragon flies, but I can run faster than most can fly, so it's ok. I actually have stuff called Spider Blaster and you spray it around the deck and you don't see spiders for 2 weeks :D We had a run of spiders this year, omg, so many. And while I was in Pakistan they took up residence on my deck. :heated: So disgusting. I didn't use my deck all summer because there were too many for me to even move around and spray. :rant:

InToTheRain
09-17-2006, 12:53 AM
hehehe
:giggling: ;D Let me guess... You collects snakes and spiders :?

Fishman
09-17-2006, 07:12 AM
wen dey gona go away!!!???
When it gets colder.

snakelegs
09-17-2006, 07:27 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hana_Aku
Hmmmmm, what exactly do you do for a living? :scared:
don't worry - i'm not in the food industry! actually, i am on disability.

snakelegs
09-17-2006, 07:32 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by WnbSlveOfAllah
:giggling: ;D Let me guess... You collects snakes and spiders :?
yup and other critters too.
i have a snake named phyliss that i've had for 19 years!
i really don't see any of god's creatures as disgusting. i will kill ants, cockroaches and earwigs when they're in the house tho. most spiders i ignore, tho sometimes i will catch them and release them outside.

InToTheRain
09-17-2006, 08:07 AM
yup and other critters too.
i have a snake named phyliss that i've had for 19 years!
i really don't see any of god's creatures as disgusting. i will kill ants, cockroaches and earwigs when they're in the house tho. most spiders i ignore, tho sometimes i will catch them and release them outside.
:omg: you kill the ants:cry: They are one of the most miraculous creations on earth. Details and link to website explaining this given below, a good read:

Modern day cities are formed when millions of people come together. People have always felt the need for rules and regulations in order to guarantee their peace and security. It would be impossible to do that without them. Another fact about the modern life of society is individualism. Each individual in a society has his own aims and plans. Most individuals put their interests before anything else. The interests of society and other people come after those. That selfish morality means there are poor, hungry and homeless people all over the world.

Let us now imagine an enormous city. Imagine hundreds of thousands of individuals living in it. Yet noone considers his own interests. On the contrary, they put the interests of society and others first. Imagine everyone working with great self-sacrifice, with no terrible urge to be first. Imagine there is no conflict there.

Such a society probably goes beyond the bounds of human imagining. Yet such a society does really exist on the earth. And what is more, just about everywhere on it. The living things that constitute that miraculous society are ants.

Ants live in colonies of hundreds of thousands and even millions of individuals. Every one in the colony carries out its responsibilities to the full. Noone creates any problems over its position or job. The important thing is the survival of the colony of which it is a part. Each one will give up its life if necessary. It is impossible to find one hungry or homeless individual. That is because there is an enormous cooperation, harmony and sharing between them. Even a single drop of water is shared. Foodstuffs are collected and stored in the nest to be shared out again. There is absolutely no selfishness among ants. Not one is at a loose end. Each one is part of a giant organization. Each one is devoted to the part of the organization outside itself. With their social life and social organization, so superior to that of man, ants are all proof of God’s art of creation.

Let us now consider a few species of ant, and together see the miracles of creation manifested in these tiny creatures.

http://www.harunyahya.net/V2/Lang/en...ail/Number/672

Mawaddah
09-17-2006, 10:34 AM
They come from the grass. In the Autumn they lay their eggs in the grass, which then hatch as leatherjackets, which are cranefly maggots. These then pupate, and in the early autumn hatch into adult craneflies. Adult craneflies have no mouthparts and can't feed, they just exist to mate and lay eggs.
In northern places like Scotland they emerge earlier.
Really! Now this is amazing.....Subhanallah...so when they become adults they just mate and then lay eggs and then starve to death? What a life :uuh: So basically they are just there as food for the birds and pests for humans? hmmmmm.....

IceQueen~
09-17-2006, 10:41 AM
man! my li'l brother is too scared to go to school cos they are all over the school windows...

we had one in the house the other day and tried to catch it to make him get used to em but in the morning we found it lying at the bottom of the jar as if dead. (poor li'l guy) but it was still alive so my sis gave it some honey to eat--but it just got its wings sticky and died anyway...:( :(

The Ruler
09-17-2006, 11:03 AM

oh der was 1 on our door yesday...n me n moi sistas dnt go near it n ma dad's lyk 'wts it gonna do to u u guys r human...h-u-m-a-n...der insects...i-n-s-e-c-t-s...'....n wer lyk yh wteva jus get rid o it :eek:

MusLiM 4 LiFe
09-17-2006, 01:13 PM
ma mum sayz we'r bigger dan dem n dey not gona eat us! (its funnier in bengali :p)

jzcasejz
09-17-2006, 01:18 PM

Yh Derz Alot Of Dem About Now...Even In Da Chip Shops N Stuff...

ma mum sayz we'r bigger dan dem n dey not gona eat us! (its funnier in bengali :p)

LOL...Ma Mumz Like Dat n All...She Picks Up Spiders N Stuff Like Its Nufin...Dem Big N Fast Spiders:offended:

Snowflake
09-17-2006, 01:18 PM
^ People sure do eat them alive. I witnessed it all the time in Yemen. In fact a neighbour of mine used to ask my brothers to hand over to him all the grasshoppers which they found in the fields. He used to eat some of them raw and some of them he used to cook up.
arghhhhhhhh *screamz* no way how's that possible? I'm feeling sick..i mean swallowing all their insides including the waste matter? :heated:

MusLiM 4 LiFe
09-17-2006, 01:21 PM
innit.. soo scary.. hw do dey pik it up? !!!:?

Snowflake
09-17-2006, 01:24 PM
^with their hands :embarrass

or u could buy this sis :-\

Mawaddah
09-17-2006, 01:48 PM
My mom says that to my sister too :p and it sounds hilarious in Malay also :p my sister causes all the windows in the neighbourhood to rattle when she screams at a bee :uhwhat

Mawaddah
09-17-2006, 01:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimah_Sis
arghhhhhhhh *screamz* no way how's that possible? I'm feeling sick..i mean swallowing all their insides including the waste matter? :heated:
I know right? imagine all that squishy yellow stuff squirting inside their mouth when they bite the grasshoppers belly...*shudders*:offended:

Whats with bugs and you guys houses? :? My house doesn't have any.......and I've got lots of trees and beach and sand all around my house too :rollseyes

Fishman
09-17-2006, 01:58 PM
Get the flygun...

Mawaddah
09-17-2006, 02:03 PM
^ Does that work like a fly swatter? I can't figure it out....

Fishman
09-17-2006, 02:12 PM
^ Does that work like a fly swatter? I can't figure it out....
It fires the fly swat at the fly.

MusLiM 4 LiFe
09-17-2006, 04:00 PM
i scream at a beee 8-) i thought it woz normal *rollseyes*

Sahabiyaat
09-17-2006, 04:19 PM
:D lol

i had go in for an induction day at uni and whilst the president of the students union was talking a huge daddy long legs swooped infront of him and he let out a high pitched girly scream :D hahahah,

i thought he was just messing around and trying to make us laugh but when i spoke to him later he confirmed that he was genuinely terrified of daddy long legs ( and heights ) and i confessed that i too hated anything that 'fluttered'
and we ceremouniously came to the conclusion that they were nasty creatures that had a tendency to come zoom straight at you if you tried to dodge them
and we named it all flutter phobia :D

and yessss:? there have been quite a few daddy long legs in my home too, which have been killed, because my sister lets out blood curdling screams if she happens to see one.

Fishman
09-17-2006, 04:52 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sahabiyaat
i thought he was just messing around and trying to make us laugh but when i spoke to him later he confirmed that he was genuinely terrified of daddy long legs ( and heights ) and i confessed that i too hated anything that 'fluttered'
and we ceremouniously came to the conclusion that they were nasty creatures that had a tendency to come zoom straight at you if you tried to dodge them
and we named it all flutter phobia :D
I'm like that, it literally looked like I was having a fit when somebody dropped one on me.

ishkabab
09-17-2006, 05:02 PM
Fear Him who has created you not what He has created!!!
:happy: Allahu Akbar

Sahabiyaat
09-17-2006, 05:03 PM
lol

it was hilarious. one minute he's talking all macho about how we should participte to the fullest as members of the union and the next second he's waving his arms above his head batting away the insect and all the while screaming ;D

MusLiM 4 LiFe
09-17-2006, 06:12 PM
so true sis ish :) but den again allah gave us fears.. i gues we'l hav 2 confront dem init

LOL at sis n her story.. dt mst hv bn embarasin :p i h8 anytin dt flutters aswel lol

Sum-Muslim-Gal
09-17-2006, 06:16 PM
lol^^^:giggling:

yeh av got prblems wit daddy long legs...n ders always happens 2 b in ma rum not 1 not 2 but ...3 yeh 3 eeerrhhhuhuh.....:scared: :scared:

MusLiM 4 LiFe
09-17-2006, 06:19 PM
ive got shiverz dwn ma spine :p lol.. i juz cnt wait til da snow to freez dem out!

Sum-Muslim-Gal
09-17-2006, 06:23 PM
^lol sista;D

yeh lets jus hpe dey go soon...

MusLiM 4 LiFe
09-17-2006, 06:37 PM
yh inshahallah.. lets all pray :D its so cute cuz ma lil bro is scared of dem, and he puts his hands together and says "Allah please take these daddylong legs away" its so cute da way he says it!

snakelegs
09-17-2006, 08:03 PM
:omg: you kill the ants:cry: They are one of the most miraculous creations on earth. Details and link to website explaining this given below, a good read:

Modern day cities are formed when millions of people come together. People have always felt the need for rules and regulations in order to guarantee their peace and security. It would be impossible to do that without them. Another fact about the modern life of society is individualism. Each individual in a society has his own aims and plans. Most individuals put their interests before anything else. The interests of society and other people come after those. That selfish morality means there are poor, hungry and homeless people all over the world.

Let us now imagine an enormous city. Imagine hundreds of thousands of individuals living in it. Yet noone considers his own interests. On the contrary, they put the interests of society and others first. Imagine everyone working with great self-sacrifice, with no terrible urge to be first. Imagine there is no conflict there.

Such a society probably goes beyond the bounds of human imagining. Yet such a society does really exist on the earth. And what is more, just about everywhere on it. The living things that constitute that miraculous society are ants.

Ants live in colonies of hundreds of thousands and even millions of individuals. Every one in the colony carries out its responsibilities to the full. Noone creates any problems over its position or job. The important thing is the survival of the colony of which it is a part. Each one will give up its life if necessary. It is impossible to find one hungry or homeless individual. That is because there is an enormous cooperation, harmony and sharing between them. Even a single drop of water is shared. Foodstuffs are collected and stored in the nest to be shared out again. There is absolutely no selfishness among ants. Not one is at a loose end. Each one is part of a giant organization. Each one is devoted to the part of the organization outside itself. With their social life and social organization, so superior to that of man, ants are all proof of God’s art of creation.

Let us now consider a few species of ant, and together see the miracles of creation manifested in these tiny creatures.

http://www.harunyahya.net/V2/Lang/en...ail/Number/672
i agree - ants are amazing creatures. they know all kinds of complex engineering stuff too - their homes have all kinds of elaborate climate control thingies. all creation is miraculous - and the more you learn, the more miraculous it becomes and the more you become convinced of the existence of god. it is just so awesome.
however, i would not like to be an ant and don't consider them a model for humans! god gave us the ability to think - and this causes both bad and good. but a society of perfectly functioning mindless cogs has no appeal for me, tho i can see it would be a great asset for factory owners. do you think this would be a good thing?
do you really think god would like humans to be like ants???? can you imagine an ant having the consciousness to say the shahada? or practice the 5 pillars of islam? think about it - it's absurd.
i do agree tho - a well functioning society requires a balance between individualism and communism. and in the west we have carried individualism too far.
btw in california, ants come right in your house and march in the hundreds on your kitchen counter - so yes, i squish 'em. cockroaches are also amazing creatures but when i see them in the house i squish them too.

MusLiM 4 LiFe
09-17-2006, 08:05 PM
ants dnt bother me that much cuz dey tiny awwwww

Sakeena
09-17-2006, 08:20 PM
Assalamu alaikum

oh gosh i was fighting with 1 all last night.
I was ducking, diving and jumping from 1 end of the room to the other

i just can't stand them they are like flying spiders aaaaaaaa
i kept thinking shall i kill b4 it gets to me. Was close to sleeping down stairs when it went out the window.
aaaaaah alhumdulilah i am alive after that horrible experience

InToTheRain
09-18-2006, 02:00 AM
i agree - ants are amazing creatures. they know all kinds of complex engineering stuff too - their homes have all kinds of elaborate climate control thingies. all creation is miraculous - and the more you learn, the more miraculous it becomes and the more you become convinced of the existence of god. it is just so awesome.
however, i would not like to be an ant and don't consider them a model for humans! god gave us the ability to think - and this causes both bad and good. but a society of perfectly functioning mindless cogs has no appeal for me, tho i can see it would be a great asset for factory owners. do you think this would be a good thing?
do you really think god would like humans to be like ants???? can you imagine an ant having the consciousness to say the shahada? or practice the 5 pillars of islam? think about it - it's absurd.
i do agree tho - a well functioning society requires a balance between individualism and communism. and in the west we have carried individualism too far.
I was merely pointing out one of the aspects of one of gods marvelous creations. Ants do not have a freedom of choice and we do. We are warned by God through his prophets to prepare for the day of judgement and use them(the prophets) as an example. Not the behaviour of ants! :offended: ;D

btw in california, ants come right in your house and march in the hundreds on your kitchen counter - so yes, i squish 'em. cockroaches are also amazing creatures but when i see them in the house i squish them too.
;D "the invasion of the ants..!!!" ;D

snakelegs
09-18-2006, 02:04 AM
I was merely pointing out one of the aspects of one of gods marvelous creations. Ants do not have a freedom of choice and we do. We are warned by God through his prophets to prepare for the day of judgement and use them(the prophets) as an example. Not the behaviour of ants! :offended: ;D

;D "the invasion of the ants..!!!" ;D
sometimes i can be a little dense.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.