/* */

PDA

View Full Version : 2 da reverts (to islam)

MusLiM 4 LiFe
09-05-2006, 06:37 PM
:sl:

just wondering, to the reverts to islam, tell us what brought you to the right path? what experiences u been through? etc etc.. it feels so good wen u hear that someone has discovered the true faith.. :)

:w:

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Jayda
09-05-2006, 06:38 PM
what is a revert?

MusLiM 4 LiFe
09-05-2006, 06:40 PM
well a convert/revert is someone who has changed their faith (in da simplest way)

Fishman
09-05-2006, 06:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jayda
what is a revert?
A convert to Islam, like me! We believe that everybody is born as a sinless and pure Muslim, and that the parents are the people who make a child a Christian or a Jew or anthing else.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Jayda
09-05-2006, 06:43 PM
oh... gracias!

MusLiM 4 LiFe
09-05-2006, 06:46 PM
so bro, ur story?

Fishman
09-05-2006, 06:49 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MusLiM 4 LiFe
so bro, ur story?
Well, part one of my story is in the revert stories thread, and when part two is coming is anybody's guess. It will probably happen when I'm bored enough to write something that long!

MusLiM 4 LiFe
09-05-2006, 06:54 PM
ohh theres a revert thread.. oops missed that 1. i guess this wil be closed den?

glo
09-05-2006, 06:58 PM
For some strange reason the 'revert thread' is in the comparative religion section ... perhaps that's why you didn't find it.
Look here http://www.islamicboard.com/comparat...ours-here.html

Peace.

MusLiM 4 LiFe
09-05-2006, 06:59 PM
ohh thank u :)

Jayda
09-05-2006, 07:00 PM
i just noticed there are other christians on the forum!

...just kinda curious so dont take offense but why?

MusLiM 4 LiFe
09-05-2006, 07:02 PM
course there is! this is a forum 4 everyone! for non-muslims to learn about muslims..

glo
09-05-2006, 07:09 PM
i just noticed there are other christians on the forum!

...just kinda curious so dont take offense but why?
Hi Jayda

Did we meet in the chat room yesterday? :)

As to why non-Muslims come here, check out this thread:
http://www.islamicboard.com/comparat...27925-why.html
This is why I am here:
I can sum up my reasons for being here as such:

* To learn that Islam isn't all that bad!
* To show that Christianity isn't all that bad!
Anyway, why are you here? :)

God bless.

Kittygyal
09-05-2006, 07:16 PM
salam.
well i reverted long story i posted mine in the section anywho am sure you can read it there, if you have any questions then feel free to ask i was in a very big hurry when i typed that up so do mind me mistakes :X
w.salam

Jayda
09-05-2006, 07:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
Hi Jayda

Did we meet in the chat room yesterday? :)

As to why non-Muslims come here, check out this thread:
http://www.islamicboard.com/comparat...27925-why.html
This is why I am here:

Anyway, why are you here? :)

God bless.
gracias! and yes i think we did... im just curious... i dont know anything about muslims and so i read the koran and occasionally have some questions. i belong to a hindu forum too... hinduism really interests me for some reason, i dont understand very much of it but i think it is really intriguing... im Catholic...

Kittygyal
09-05-2006, 07:34 PM
gracias! and yes i think we did... im just curious... i dont know anything about muslims and so i read the koran and occasionally have some questions. i belong to a hindu forum too... hinduism really interests me for some reason, i dont understand very much of it but i think it is really intriguing... im Catholic...

salam

you read Koran?? :rollseyes

w.salam

glo
09-05-2006, 07:43 PM
Hi Jayda

Hindu forum sounds interesting ...
Is it a friendly forum? Just curious

Tania
09-05-2006, 07:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kittygyal
salam

w.salam
Its translated. Here its written Coran which is the same with Koran and with Quran

MusLiM 4 LiFe
09-05-2006, 07:48 PM
wikid, how u find it Tania ^

Kittygyal
09-05-2006, 07:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tania
Its translated. Here its written Coran which is the same with Koran and with Quran

salam.
yes i knwo but just wanted to know does Jayada read the Koran:?
w,salam

P.S never mind

glo
09-05-2006, 07:49 PM
salam.
yes i knwo but just wanted to know does Jayada read the Koran:?
w,salam

P.S never mind
Well, she said as much
so i read the koran and occasionally have some questions

Tania
09-05-2006, 07:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by MusLiM 4 LiFe
wikid, how u find it Tania ^
Find what :-[ .. it seems i didn't understand right Kittygyal question :-[

Jayda
09-05-2006, 08:01 PM
salam

w.salam
no i read it past tense... i wrote my thoughts down on my blog while i was reading it... now im reading the bagavagita (hindu)... which is really really difficult, ive stopped three times

...why did you roll your eyes?

Jayda
09-05-2006, 08:02 PM
Hi Jayda

Hindu forum sounds interesting ...
Is it a friendly forum? Just curious
lol yes so far... why wouldnt it be? i think hindus are some of the nicest most docile people ive ever met...

Umm Yoosuf
09-05-2006, 08:06 PM
Hi Jayda

What interest's about the Hindu religion. Which aspects and why? Have you finished reading the translation of the Quran? :)

Jayda
09-05-2006, 08:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Al-Mu'minah
Hi Jayda

What interest's about the Hindu religion. Which aspects and why? Have you finished reading the translation of the Quran? :)
Hola Al-Mu'minah!

i love it because it is a different way of thinking about the same things i think about... i love how they believe all life is connected and their belief in a sort of all pervading God... i think the most fascinating thing is the level of depth in their beliefs... there is always something else for you to ask about and grow in.

yes i finished reading the koran a little while ago... lol im pregnant... all i do is stay at home and read it seems

Umm Yoosuf
09-05-2006, 08:16 PM
For me the their religion is very complex. Can't comprehend some aspects e.g multiplies of God.

What was your conclusion of the Quran if you have come to that stage?

Jayda
09-05-2006, 08:17 PM
For me the their religion is very complex. Can't comprehend some aspects e.g multiplies of God.

What was your conclusion of the Quran if you have come to that stage?
yes it is very complex... i dont understand much but that is what interests me...

i dont know what you mean by conclusion? like what aspect do you mean?

Umm Yoosuf
09-05-2006, 08:21 PM
I am what do you think about Islam after reading the Quran? Has it cleared up some Misconceptions e.g right of women in islam etc Is there anything you don't understand or agree with?

Jayda
09-05-2006, 08:23 PM
I am what do you think about Islam after reading the Quran? Has it cleared up some Misconceptions e.g right of women in islam etc Is there anything you don't understand or agree with?

well... i think i know a lot more about islam than i did before. the content of the koran surprised me since it wasnt about what i thought it would be about... in reinforced some of the things i thought before and it dispelled other things... there is a lot i disagree with but also many things i agree with and i dont know if i understand everything so i ask if i dont...

Umm Yoosuf
09-05-2006, 08:25 PM
Intresting and true. Well I look forward to your questions :)

Jayda
09-05-2006, 08:32 PM
Intresting and true. Well I look forward to your questions :)

lol gracias...

QuranStudy
09-05-2006, 08:34 PM
A convert to Islam, like me! We believe that everybody is born as a sinless and pure Muslim, and that the parents are the people who make a child a Christian or a Jew or anthing else.
Did your parents convert as well?

glo
09-05-2006, 08:35 PM
lol yes so far... why wouldnt it be? i think hindus are some of the nicest most docile people ive ever met...
LOL
I didn't mean it like that. I mean, I wasn't implying that Hindu's are not friendly people! :giggling:

It's just that some forums (especially religious ones) can get a bit heated and negative at times ...

peace :)

Jayda
09-05-2006, 08:39 PM
LOL
I didn't mean it like that. I mean, I wasn't implying that Hindu's are not friendly people! :giggling:

It's just that some forums (especially religious ones) can get a bit heated and negative at times ...

peace :)
ohh.. yes it gets like that sometimes... but it seems like it is like that everywhere... i belong to a christian forum and before that a catholic forum and both get very bad... i just stay out of it when they do...

glo
09-05-2006, 08:43 PM
ohh.. yes it gets like that sometimes... but it seems like it is like that everywhere... i belong to a christian forum and before that a catholic forum and both get very bad... i just stay out of it when they do...
Yeah, I know what you mean! :D
Considering most religions claim to be peaceful, they don't half know how to lay into each other sometimes ... :rollseyes

God bless.

Jayda
09-05-2006, 08:44 PM
lol... yes that is true...

God bless you also

Woodrow
09-05-2006, 10:05 PM
My own views on us Reverts. This is not a scientific study and is just based on myself and people I know.

Most of the Reverts I know came from Christianity. They considered themselves very strong "Born Again" Christians. Had a strong desire to spread Christianity. Felt a need and drive to spread Christianity to Muslims and while in the prosses of trying to convert Muslims, discovered that Islam was the truth and reverted.

The second group and next to largest that I am aware us are people who were basically agnostic. Many of us claimed alliance with some type of religion. Most of us had been Christian at one time. We became disillusioned with organised religion but had a strong love for God(swt). Most of us were scholastic and had or were studying things like comparative religions and/or languages. We had no desire to revert to Islam and had not been influenced by any person. Our reversions seem to come very rapid and with a sudden feeling of the presence of Allah(swt) and almost instantly we know we have returned home.

DaNgErOuS MiNdS
09-05-2006, 10:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
Our reversions seem to come very rapid and with a sudden feeling of the presence of Allah(swt) and almost instantly we know we have returned home.
Subhan'Allah :)

syilla
09-06-2006, 02:21 AM
My own views on us Reverts. This is not a scientific study and is just based on myself and people I know.

Most of the Reverts I know came from Christianity. They considered themselves very strong "Born Again" Christians. Had a strong desire to spread Christianity. Felt a need and drive to spread Christianity to Muslims and while in the prosses of trying to convert Muslims, discovered that Islam was the truth and reverted.

The second group and next to largest that I am aware us are people who were basically agnostic. Many of us claimed alliance with some type of religion. Most of us had been Christian at one time. We became disillusioned with organised religion but had a strong love for God(swt). Most of us were scholastic and had or were studying things like comparative religions and/or languages. We had no desire to revert to Islam and had not been influenced by any person. Our reversions seem to come very rapid and with a sudden feeling of the presence of Allah(swt) and almost instantly we know we have returned home.
MashaAllah...that is a very nice way to say it.. :)

sameer
09-06-2006, 02:42 PM

Subhan Allah.....bring tears to my eyes.

*noor
11-04-2006, 05:07 PM
Assalaamu alaikum

I'm just wondering, who here is a convert/revert?

What did you follow before?

Muhammad
11-04-2006, 05:11 PM

Threads merged.

And we also have the thread: http://www.islamicboard.com/comparat...ours-here.html

*noor
11-04-2006, 05:16 PM
jazaakaAllah brother

AhlaamBella
11-04-2006, 05:16 PM
I reverted when I was 8 with my mum. But Islam first touched my heart this time last year. SubhanAllah it's such a long story. Ummm well I was recently Interviewed for a magazine. So InshAllah I 'll post that up when it's finished have finished. :)

*noor
11-04-2006, 05:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by DeepOcean
I reverted when I was 8 with my mum. But Islam first touched my heart this time last year. SubhanAllah it's such a long story. Ummm well I was recently Interviewed for a magazine. So InshAllah I 'll post that up when it's finished have finished. :)
subhaanaAllah sister!

Take your time in writing your story. I'm looking forward to reading it inshaAllah.

Umm Khalid06
11-04-2006, 05:37 PM
Am so scared of posting my story well don’t know why just am the ones “you calls peoples person” i:giggling: f you heard of it. I have only just started to write it and am still writing it will finish it soon:)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.