/* */

PDA

View Full Version : really need help :(

doodlebug
09-05-2006, 07:23 PM
I work for a large company that has many different locations. Normally I am in my location where I have my own office and can close the door so it would be no problem for me to pray each day.

Well today I am in a different location and there is NO privacy whatsoever and there is one public ladies room where everyone can see you washing, etc., though there is a handicapped stall.

I have not been able to do Dhuhr yet and the time is getting near that I will miss it completely.

What do I do???? I feel like crying because it is making me sad that I have not been able to submit myself to Allah yet. I feel like He is sad too.:cry:

Can I make my "best effort" of making wudu (i.e. everything but the feet) and then go pray in the handicapped stall?:? I honestly don't know what else I can do and I'm freakin' out here.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Jayda
09-05-2006, 07:29 PM
its the united states of america! Tell your boss that you have a religious obligation at certain times of the day requiring you to go somewhere private and that you will make up the time later... that isnt unreasonable i dont think...

doodlebug
09-05-2006, 07:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jayda
its the united states of america! Tell your boss that you have a religious obligation at certain times of the day requiring you to go somewhere private and that you will make up the time later... that isnt unreasonable i dont think...

Oh I know I can take off for ten minutes....where to do it is the problem! :uuh:

Kittygyal
09-05-2006, 07:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by doodlebug
Oh I know I can take off for ten minutes....where to do it is the problem! :uuh:

salam.
maybe at your house :?
w.salam

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Jayda
09-05-2006, 07:38 PM
i guess you could explain to your coworkers that you need time to pray every day and then you could go into the corner or something... or maybe if you asked you boss for the use of a conference room or something...

glo
09-05-2006, 07:40 PM
Hi doodlebug

It saddens me when Muslims get so anxious about not being able to perform their prayers. It comes up here quite often, especially with converts who live (or like you work) in secular situations.

Don't you think God knows your heart, and sees the effort you are making for him? Don't you think he will forgive what you perceive to be your failings?

It will take some time to adjust to your new faith, to explain to your friends/relatives/employer/colleagues, and to adapt to the things you have to perform.

Be at peace, sister. :)
(Hopefull some Muslims brothers and sisters here will have some more practical advice for you!)

chacha_jalebi
09-05-2006, 07:47 PM
salaam

sister if you cant pray then hopefully Allah (swt) will reward your intentions jus like sista glo said above ^ :D:D:D:D

as long as your intentions are clear and right inshallah ya will be rewarded for them as Allah (swt) says in the Quran in surah Hajj v 37

"It is neither their meat nor their blood that reaches Allah, but it is piety from you that reaches Him.''

and some hadiths :D:D:D

Narrated 'Umar bin Al-Khattab (May Allah be pleased with him), reported: Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "The deeds are considered by the intentions, and a person will get the reward according to his intention. So whoever emigrated for Allah and His Messenger, his emigration will be for Allah and His Messenger; and whoever emigrated for worldly benefits or for a woman to marry, his emigration would be for what he emigrated for".
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim]

so you do wudhu with the intention of prayin, but cant pray because you dont have a place, i think Allah (swt) will reward you for that & sister you can make up for the prayers when you get home :D:D:D

and to finish off :p

Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) narrated: Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "Allah does not look at your figures, nor at your attire but He looks at your hearts and accomplishments".
[Muslim]

see how butifull islam is

rubiesand
09-05-2006, 07:49 PM
Hi sister,

Sorry about your difficulty. If it is impossible to pray on time, you know you can catch up the prayers later in the day. Please do not pray in the toilet area, this is not an acceptable place to make salat. Do you drive to work? Perhaps you could pray in your car? Or somewhere outside if it is dry?

doodlebug
09-05-2006, 07:52 PM
Thanks.

I did wudu so far. Started to pray at my desk (not much else I can do) and was interrupted so it looks like it's a no-go till I get home.

Jayda, I would not feel comfy praying in a corner here. To pray means physical things and to get down on the ground in front of everyone here.................well let's just say they'd talk about THAT from now till eternity and it just wouldn't be a great thing.

you know I never realized how hard it is to be a Muslim in America until now. It is very sad indeed. Yes this is the US and we supposedly have freedom of religion but I was told by my boss in not so many words today that I am not allowed to wear jibab at work. I didn't wear it in but I did tell her that I converted.

I kind of knew that would be the deal but to actually see it happen...well it is really sad that this is 2006 and that I work for a major University and still there is no tolerance. Quitting is not an option for me because I'm a single mom and sole provider for my daughters. I guess it's just something I have to deal with.

:cry:

sameer
09-05-2006, 08:26 PM
Thanks.

I did wudu so far. Started to pray at my desk (not much else I can do) and was interrupted so it looks like it's a no-go till I get home.

Jayda, I would not feel comfy praying in a corner here. To pray means physical things and to get down on the ground in front of everyone here.................well let's just say they'd talk about THAT from now till eternity and it just wouldn't be a great thing.

you know I never realized how hard it is to be a Muslim in America until now. It is very sad indeed. Yes this is the US and we supposedly have freedom of religion but I was told by my boss in not so many words today that I am not allowed to wear jibab at work. I didn't wear it in but I did tell her that I converted.

I kind of knew that would be the deal but to actually see it happen...well it is really sad that this is 2006 and that I work for a major University and still there is no tolerance. Quitting is not an option for me because I'm a single mom and sole provider for my daughters. I guess it's just something I have to deal with.

just imagine if ppl see u and then begin to talk....one may aask u what u are doing...and that will be ure chance to tell them ure story and insha ALlah help them to realise/ accept islam.
Also, very important....u cannot pray in the toilet...and u should try not to think about Allah in there until u come out. That is why muslims are advised to take the least amt of time in the toilets as possible. Go in and make Wudhu and come back out. The toilet is a place frequented and inhabited by dirty jinns and devils.

doodlebug
09-06-2006, 02:23 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by sameer
just imagine if ppl see u and then begin to talk....one may aask u what u are doing...and that will be ure chance to tell them ure story and insha ALlah help them to realise/ accept islam.
Also, very important....u cannot pray in the toilet...and u should try not to think about Allah in there until u come out. That is why muslims are advised to take the least amt of time in the toilets as possible. Go in and make Wudhu and come back out. The toilet is a place frequented and inhabited by dirty jinns and devils.

I kind of knew that I shouldn't do it in there so I didn't. I did two when I got home. It's been a very stressful day to say the least. The honeymoon is over I guess. :cry:

I had to explain to my children what I was doing and they were totally freaked out. They interrupted my second prayer twice so I had to start over again. Then I explained it to them. Should have done that from the start but "oh well". They kept saying "well I"m not doing that!!!".

I told them that they don't have to but it is what i want to do to get closer to G-d.

I'm so beat and I have to to two more prayers because since I did two once we got home, then I cooked dinner, made lunches, cleaned up and got them ready for their first day at school tomorrow I had already missed the fourth prayer. I'm not used to waking up so early in the morning either.

Top that off with my sister emailing me telling me not to go to Egypt because it's a "Muslim country" and I'll surely be captured and made a slave and to watch "Not Without My Daughter" and well let us just say it has been a day of testing.

Oh did I mention I have Lupus? Well I"m now in the midst of a flare-up to top it all off and I just feel like giving up.

syilla
09-06-2006, 02:34 AM
you know what...you can also pray at your desk...

if you can't pray while standing...you can pray while sitting...

but if i'm wrong...can anyone please correct me...

Quruxbadaan
09-06-2006, 02:41 AM
Thanks.

Asalaamu Alaikum wa rahmatullahi

sister please stay strong....salat is for Allah SWT not for people...i have prayed any and everywhere when salat hits it shouldnt matter who sees who watches or what they say so sister try to be strong I know it isint easy at first but you gotta just tell yourself hey this is the haqq and soon insha allah you will love it

Allah swt made halal for the ummah of prophet muhammad all of the earth to make salat so lets take advantage of that. you never know someone who sees you praying may be brought to the light of islam because of what they have seen and from that person you will get rewards

thats the best i can tell u insha allah

F.Y.
09-06-2006, 03:22 AM
Sis I know how you feel. I teach in a school sometimes and I have expereinces the anxiety associated with finding a place for wudu and prayer many, many times. Just tell your boss, "I just wanted to ask you something. I have to pray at X time as part of my faith, I was wondering if we have a spare room in the office or if you know of any quiet corner where I can pray? Any room would do, I'm not fussed, its only for 10-15 mins." They will be understanding I am sure - seriously, if you ask nicely and without 'intrusion' they will try to do something for you.

All the other schools i went to had a disabled toilet which had a sink where i used to do wudu in privacy. This school im at right now, has no disabled toilet and i know how it feels to think 'omg, im gonna stick my foot in the sink and someones gonna walk in right now and just freak out! what am i gonna say??' What i do sis, is wash my hands, mouth, nose, face and arms up to elbows at the sink - (thats pretty normal, no one will care if you're doing that....). My head and feet are left now right? I take a bottle of water with me, a big one. I know this is not very good, but I go insdie the toilet cubicle and take my hijab off there and do masah on my head using water from the bottle...then i ensure there is heaps of toilet paper in the toilet bowl coz i dont want dirty toilet water splashing on me...I ensure my feet are a safe distance away from the toilet bowl and use the bottle to pour water over my feet. Take a hand towel to dry if you want.

Thats what I do....I hope it helped you a bit. Let us know how you go!
Peace

~Stranger~
09-06-2006, 06:08 AM
Lupus
sorry for going off topic but whats that?

north_malaysian
09-06-2006, 06:20 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by glo
Muslims get so anxious about not being able to perform their prayers.
all of us have this feeling ... it's like the life is not completed for the day...

There are lots of prayer halls or mosques in boston right? just go there and perform salat ... it's worth it to sacrifice your 1 hour lunchtime...

Ummu Sufyaan
09-06-2006, 06:35 AM
:sl: sister.
this is my sugesstion on how to wash your feet, or just to do wodoo in genrral. carry around a drink bottle and do wodoo over a toilet bowl, so that tjhe water that u use for wodoo out of the drink bottle, spills into the toilet bowl. i know that sounds weird, but its better than nothing. just clean up the spills that get onto the floor with the toilet paper there.
:sl:

glo
09-06-2006, 07:21 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
Muslims get so anxious about not being able to perform their prayers.
all of us have this feeling ... it's like the life is not completed for the day...
I agree. If I don't begin, live and end my day with prayer I feel as if I have wasted a day ... just living it aimlessly, rather than committing myself to God's purpose and will.

My concern was with people getting so anxious over the how, where and when to perform their prayers ... because in my mind a person in a state of anxiety and fear will find it difficult to focus on and commit to God. :?

But then, I say that from a Christian perspective, and Muslims may disagree.
To me what's inside my heart during prayer will always be more important than what's on the outside - and my belief is that God feels the same! That means that if I cannot - like doodlebug at the moment - perform my prayers in a certain prescribed way, God will still see my heart, my desire and my efforts!

Wishing you peace and God's presence with you, always. :)

syilla
09-06-2006, 07:28 AM
Islam, the Religion of Ease

Allah, subhanahu wata'aala, is the creator of mankind and therefore knows his nature more intricately than mankind himself. Allah, subhanahu wata'aala, has therefore chosen for us a religion best suited to the nature of mankind, a religion that goes neither to the extremes of hardship nor of laxity, but instead provides a middle path; in other words, a religion of ease. Allah, subhanahu wata'aala, said;

"Allah intends for you ease, and does not want to make things difficult for you" [2:185]; and "Allah does not want to place you in difficulty" [5:6].

Such easiness is well explained in the hadeeth reported by Abu Hurairah, radiya Allahu 'anhu, that the Prophet, salla Allaahu 'alaihe wasallam, said, "Religion is easy..." [Bukhari], he also said; "The best of your religion, is the easiest." [Ahmad]

The easiness of this religion was put into practise by the best of humanity, the one who came to deliver the message, as Allah, subhanahu wata'aala, said;

"Verily there has come unto you a Messenger from amongst yourselves, it grieves him that you should suffer any difficulty, he is anxious for you, for the believers he is full of pity and merciful" [10:128]

This understanding is clarified in a hadeeth in which the Prophet, salla Allaahu 'alaihe wasallam, said; "… Allah did not send me to be harsh, or cause harm, but He sent me to teach and make things easy" [Muslim]. This understanding is further implemented by the mercy sent to mankind, Muhammed, salla Allaahu 'alaihe wasallam, in the hadeeth reported by his noble and pure wife, 'Aishah, radiya Allahu 'anhu, who said; "Whenever the Prophet, salla Allaahu 'alaihe wasallam, has a choice between two matters, he would choose the easiest, unless it is sinful (act)" [Bukhari].

Many hadeeths have been reported on the matter of easiness: "Allah likes for this nation ease and hates for it hardship and adversity." [Tabaraani].

"We have been given a privilege over other nations... .we have been given verses that no one else has been given, the last two verses of Surah Baqarah(chapter 2)"Our Lord! Punish us not if we forget or fall into error. Our Lord! Lay not on us a burden greater than we have strength to bear" After each statement, Allah responded by saying, "I did, I did, I did"" [Muslim].

To further emphasise this understanding to his companions, when once a Bedouin stood up and started urinating in the mosque, the people caught him; but he, salla Allaahu 'alaihe wasallam, ordered them to leave him and to pour a bucket or a tumbler of water over the place where he had urinated. The Prophet, salla Allaahu 'alaihe wasallam, then said, "You have been sent to make things easy and not to make them difficult" [Bukhari].

An example that illustrates this point is Salah, an act so important and vital to Islam that the Prophet, salla Allaahu 'alaihe wasallam, said; "Between a person and disbelief is discarding prayer" [Muslim]. He also warned against leaving salah, even at the time of his death, in his very last breaths before departing from this world.

Yet in this worship Allah has also prescribed easiness. At first, the number of prayers was fifty in number, but they were reduced several times until they were five. Then it was proclaimed 'O Muhammad, the order is not changed. These five are (equal in reward) to fifty' [Tirmidhi].

Causes of hardship
If Islam is a religion of ease, why do we find many Muslims not practising it? Why do we find them doing very little of what they ought to be doing, and why do even those who practise their religion sometimes find it difficult?

There are reasons why the practice of Islam can becomes hard:

1) Lack of piety
When we speak about Islam being easy we are, in reality, speaking about the easiness of its acts of worship and morals. Religion by definition means commitment and an obligation to a master. Therefore, being a religious person means to be always aware that we are slaves to a master, Allah, subhanahu wata'aala.

From here we see the mistake of those who want 'ease' to mean 'doing nothing', just saying "I am a Muslim", committing themselves to nothing. It is obvious that they want it to be easy, but what exactly do they want? They want an easy life, a life without any religious practices.

The idle belief of 'existing only to live' has long ago been negated by Allah, subhanahu wata'aala. He said:

"Do you think you have been created for nothing and that you will not be resurrected and brought back to Allah again!" [23:115]. He also said: "Thinks man that he is left aimless?" [75:86].

Islam is easy to practice; but those who do not understand the reasons behind their existence, who do not understand the concepts of religion, but meanwhile are striving to secure themselves in this life; then surely they will find its practices difficult.

The easiness of Islam is felt in all of its commandments. Some people find this or that commandment hard to follow but this does not mean that the command is in itself hard; often it is the person who is the cause.

For example Salah, it is an easy act of worship, as Allah, subhanahu wata'aala, has made clear:

"And seek help in patience and prayer and truly it is (prayer) extremely heavy and hard except for Al-Khashi'un (i.e. true submitting)" [2;45].

Prayer is an easy act of worship except, of course, for those who do not truly submit to their Lord; they will find it toilsome.

Why do they find it so? The answer is that it is not the prayer that is difficult, but it is the hearts of these people which have changed from good to bad, as Allah, subhanahu wata'aala, mentioned:

"Verily, the hypocrites seek to deceive Allah, but it is He Who deceives them. And when they stand up to pray, they stand with laziness …" [4;142]; in another verse He subhanahu wata'aala, said; "And that they came not to prayer except in a lazy state …" [9;54].

2) Ignorance
The rules of Islam did not come as mere do's and don'ts. Each obligation has wisdom and motivation behind it. It should make no difference to us if the wisdom for that particular practice is known or not, because if it is not known to us today, then if Allah wills, He will reveal it to future generations. What is primarily expected from us is to fully submit and implement every command.

For example, the giving of charity, which apparently decreases the wealth of the giver. Islam did not say "Pay charity, pay charity", as this would not motivate people and therefore make it difficult to act upon. Instead Allah says;

"Would you not like to give a loan to your Lord, and this loan will be paid back to you multiplied and you will be rewarded for it." [2:245]

The Prophet, salla Allaahu 'alaihe wasallam, said; "Verily, wealth does not decrease because of charity." [Muslim]

It seems Muslims often ask why this act or matter is Halaal or Haraam. With such an attitude they will never achieve their goal, because behind each injunction there is an aspect of wisdom. Without understanding this, practising Islam becomes a heavy burden. With strong belief, we do not even have to ask whether this or that is halaal or Haraam, but rather if it pleases Allah. Therefore we should take the rules seeking the pleasure of Allah subhanahu wata'aala,. If pleasing Allah subhanahu wata'aala, is, always, our aim, then undoubtedly the practice of religion becomes easy, no matter what apparent hardships we may encounter.

3) Inappropriate environment
It is true that sometimes we find it difficult to practise the religion, even those who are committed to it!

The reason behind this is that we are practising our religion in an non-religious environment. Islam is not meant to be practised while being immersed in a Kufr (disbelieving) society. Its practice will indeed be difficult in such an environment. Therefore, the difficulty cannot be blamed upon Islam as a religion, but rather on the circumstances of the society.

Returning to our example of prayer, we see that prayer by itself is easy, but if you have to stand alone to pray amongst non-Muslims, all of them watching you, it will suddenly become difficult. The obvious conclusion is that the prayer in itself is not difficult, but the environment has made it difficult.

Another example is that of a woman who wears hijaab and is happy to cover herself. If this were an Islamic society, it would have been difficult for her not to be covered, or for a man not to respond to the call to prayer and pray in a mosque. Thus difficulty is not the nature of our religion, but we are trying to be pure in a decadent and immoral environment. These realities are not unknown to Islam, because the Prophet, salla Allaahu 'alaihe wasallam, already warned his companions some fourteen centuries ago, and by that has also warned us by saying, as reported by Abu Tha'laba, radiya Allahu 'anhu, "… Ahead of you are days which will require endurance (in the practice of religion), in which he who shows endurance will be like him who grasps live coals. The one who acts rightly during that period will have the reward of fifty men who act as he does."

The hearers said, "The reward of fifty of them, Messenger of Allah!" He replied, "The reward of fifty of you." A companion said about this difference in reward, "Now you find people helping you to do good deeds, but then they will not find things to help them but they will find things to resist and oppose them." [Tirmidhi].

So Islam is the religion of ease. If we accept it as a religion to start with, then we should take it with its concepts, and practise it in a pure environment (as opposed to a corrupted and decadent one); it will then become an easier religion to practise.

As it is not possible to have a 100% pure society, we have to strive to achieve this by being surrounded by good Muslims. In doing this, the religion will loosen the burdens around it.

The easiness of Islam has even been testified by the enemies of Islam. This was apparent in the statement of the Jews at the time of the Prophet, salla Allaahu 'alaihe wasallam, when a man and a woman from amongst them committed fornication. Some of them said to the others: "Let us go to this Prophet, for he has been sent with an easy law …". [Abu Dawood].

So may Allah, subhanahu wata'aala, make us amongst those who

"Listen to the word and follow the best thereof, whom Allah has guided and those are men of understanding." [39;18].

Ameen.

source : http://www.uea.ac.uk/~gs692/htmfiles/islameease.htm

syilla
09-06-2006, 07:32 AM
Question I just have a quick question. I tend to miss my Salah when at school, yet make it up right when I get home from school. Is this forbidden in Islam?
Answer In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.

All praise and thanks are due to Allah, and peace and blessings be upon His Messenger.

If you live in a country where you are allowed to practice your faith freely, then it would be counted as a grave sin. The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said: "If someone puts off a Salah until its appointed time ends, he or she has committed a grave sin."

Therefore, I advise you to pray when time for Salah is due, even if you would excuse yourself from class until you pray and come back later.

Allah Almighty knows best.

source : http://www.islamonline.net/livefatwa...GuestID=0iA4mh

syilla
09-06-2006, 07:35 AM
source : http://www.islamic-council.org/lib/s...ll130-135.html

So great is the importance of salat in keeping the Muslim strong and steadfast in Islam that it is an obligation under all circumstances, even when one is ill, traveling, or in battle. However, certain concessions have been made for such situations. Thus, one who is ill and cannot perform salat in the usual manner may pray sitting in a chair or lying in bed, moving his hands (or if this is not possible only his eyes) to indicate the various motions. When one is traveling, he can shorten his salat and combine the second and third, and the fourth and fifth, prayers of the day so that he prays three times a day instead of five; he can, if necessary, pray while seated in his vehicle or mount, and similar concessions are made for soldiers in battle. If salat is not performed at the proper time for any reason, it is to be made up as soon as possible thereafter; it may not be missed altogether. The sole exception to this is women during menstruation and up to forty days following childbirth; these are excused from salat entirely for the duration of their condition for the reason that cleanliness (that is, the absence of bodily discharges) is a requisite for the performance of salat.

Salat is preceded by an ablution known as wudu during which the exposed parts of the body are washed; this brief preparation of the mind and body for the act of prayer is an essential requirement. If water is not available (during travel or under other unusual conditions) or if its use is likely to injure the worshipper (as in the case of serious illness or wounds), he may instead make a symbolic cleansing called tayammum without the use of water. The ablution may be maintained from one prayer to another if it is not broken by any bodily discharge, such as urination or defecation, passing gas, seminal discharge, vomiting, bleeding, etc. A full bath by means of running water (ghusl) is required after marital relations, seminal emission, and the termination of menstruation or post-partum bleeding.

north_malaysian
09-06-2006, 08:19 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by maryam11
:sl: sister.
this is my sugesstion on how to wash your feet, or just to do wodoo in genrral. carry around a drink bottle and do wodoo over a toilet bowl, so that tjhe water that u use for wodoo out of the drink bottle, spills into the toilet bowl. i know that sounds weird, but its better than nothing. just clean up the spills that get onto the floor with the toilet paper there.
:sl:
When Kuala Lumpur had water shortages somewhere in 1997, I bought mineral water (which is more expensive than petrol) and took ablution.

Woodrow
09-06-2006, 08:31 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by syilla
you know what...you can also pray at your desk...

if you can't pray while standing...you can pray while sitting...

but if i'm wrong...can anyone please correct me...
I am not physically able to do much of the physical aspects of praying, so I have to pray in a chair. I wonder if somebody could offer the poster some assurance that if we can not pray in the proper manner we are permitted to pray in the best manner we can.

I can not say for certain, but I think this may also apply not just to physical limitations but also to limitations caused by surroundings. I do not want to lead the poster astray, so could some knowledgable person elaborate a bit on this?

doodlebug
09-06-2006, 01:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Woodrow
I am not physically able to do much of the physical aspects of praying, so I have to pray in a chair. I wonder if somebody could offer the poster some assurance that if we can not pray in the proper manner we are permitted to pray in the best manner we can.

I can not say for certain, but I think this may also apply not just to physical limitations but also to limitations caused by surroundings. I do not want to lead the poster astray, so could some knowledgable person elaborate a bit on this?

Yes that would be a big help too since when my Lupus is in a flare up my body aches and it is difficult to do all of the motions.

Also, are knee pads ok to use? My knees are junk after the last two days since I have hardwood floors in my home and although I do have my prayer rug it doesn't give much help whatsoever. I have huge bruises on my knees now.:cry:

- Qatada -
09-06-2006, 01:59 PM
Asalaamu 'alykum warahmatulaahi wabarakaatuh.

Try this link insha'Allah, it may be of some help regarding the sitting in your prayer:

http://www.islamqa.com/index.php?ref...txt=sit%20down

When is it permissible for a person to pray sitting in obligatory prayers?
http://www.islamqa.com/index.php?ref...eng&txt=salaah

Rulings and issues about praying on a chair

She feels anxious – what should she do?

His boss doesn’t let him pray

I want to be a devoted slave of Allaah … ten pointers

She wants to be a good Muslim

It is difficult for him to pray because his work is hard

:wasalamex

doodlebug
09-06-2006, 02:16 PM
thank you

sameer
09-06-2006, 02:22 PM
Yes that would be a big help too since when my Lupus is in a flare up my body aches and it is difficult to do all of the motions.

Also, are knee pads ok to use? My knees are junk after the last two days since I have hardwood floors in my home and although I do have my prayer rug it doesn't give much help whatsoever. I have huge bruises on my knees now.:cry:
No problems with knee pads. Once u wear the correct clothing for praying u can wear ure knee pads. Our masjids has carpets with sponge underneth...so its quite soft to kneel on.

With regards to praying while sitting:

Sahih Bukhari Volume 2:218
Narrated Imran bin Husain
had piles, so I asked the Prophet about the prayer. He
said, "Pray while standing and if you can't, pray
while sitting and if you cannot do even that, then
pray lying on your side."

sameer
09-06-2006, 02:33 PM
I kind of knew that I shouldn't do it in there so I didn't. I did two when I got home. It's been a very stressful day to say the least. The honeymoon is over I guess. :cry:

I had to explain to my children what I was doing and they were totally freaked out. They interrupted my second prayer twice so I had to start over again. Then I explained it to them. Should have done that from the start but "oh well". They kept saying "well I"m not doing that!!!".

I told them that they don't have to but it is what i want to do to get closer to G-d.

I'm so beat and I have to to two more prayers because since I did two once we got home, then I cooked dinner, made lunches, cleaned up and got them ready for their first day at school tomorrow I had already missed the fourth prayer. I'm not used to waking up so early in the morning either.

Top that off with my sister emailing me telling me not to go to Egypt because it's a "Muslim country" and I'll surely be captured and made a slave and to watch "Not Without My Daughter" and well let us just say it has been a day of testing.

Oh did I mention I have Lupus? Well I"m now in the midst of a flare-up to top it all off and I just feel like giving up.

Salaams, please dont give up sis. May Allah give you strenght and make it easy for u to practice ure islam ameen. Insha Allah ure childeren will follow u in the future and u would be able to show ure sister that muslims are not terroists/ slave drivers or bad ppl insha Alah.

Kidman
09-06-2006, 02:42 PM
Sister Doodlebug, lol, nice name by the way...

Anyways, your story saddens me, especially what most the women have to go through here in the U.S. About not being able to wear hijab at the workplace, finding a place for prayer without interruption, then dealing with your kids and everything all at the same time.

Before you can even pray at your workplace, you must have permission from boss or whatever to do your prayers there.
Also, it would be best to have a talk with them, because they will probably help you find a good place where you can do your salat in peace.

And if you do have to do it in front of everyone, don't be imbarrassed or afraid, I would be more afraid of Allah if I didn't do it.

As far as doing Wudhu in the bathroom, ya, it might seem weird at first, but then people will get used to it. I have had people come in and be like "what the heck are you doing?" haha, and i would tell them straight out that "I'm gettin ready for prayer, duh" or something like that... If you make a joke or something, it will be easier for others to ask you about it and you can explain why you do what you do.

I have even had people walk into the private office while i was praying, and kept with my prayers and paid them no mind and after i was done they were like "what are you doing in there?" and I would tell them i was praying and that i have to do this 5 times a day, and they usually are like "that's so cool"

Keep your deen strong sis, things will work out Inshallah. And if your physically able to do the prayer, then you should do it the right way and not at your desk or car. If you have to, ask a friend that has an office if they don't mind you praying in the corner of their office, it might be weird at first, even just to ask, but always remember that your doing it for Allah.

About the kids and stuff, i dont really know how to deal with that since i don't have any, lol.. but the office, i can help with since i pray here all the time. Take care,

Kidman

sameer
09-06-2006, 02:54 PM
^ good advice bro

Jayda
09-06-2006, 02:59 PM

Do your children know the man you are marrying and do they want to come to Egypt with you?

sameer
09-06-2006, 03:07 PM
Do your children know the man you are marrying and do they want to come to Egypt with you?
hmmm i didnt realised that she was marrying and moving to egypt....

doodlebug
09-06-2006, 03:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sameer
hmmm i didnt realised that she was marrying and moving to egypt....

i'm not moving to egypt! lol

Yes my kids have talked to him a bit each night and they know him and joke with him and stuff. I am not moving to Egypt though and I will not be taking my children with me on my visits, etc.

he would love for me to move there and so would I but my children have to come first and their relationship with their dad is super important so we will live here in the US until they are done with school and then insha Allah we will live in Alexandria and I will no longer have problems practicing my religion, insha Allah! :)

Kidman
09-06-2006, 03:27 PM
Inshallah everything works out for you, and I wish the best for your children.

Kidman

Jayda
09-06-2006, 03:32 PM
i'm not moving to egypt! lol

Yes my kids have talked to him a bit each night and they know him and joke with him and stuff. I am not moving to Egypt though and I will not be taking my children with me on my visits, etc.

he would love for me to move there and so would I but my children have to come first and their relationship with their dad is super important so we will live here in the US until they are done with school and then insha Allah we will live in Alexandria and I will no longer have problems practicing my religion, insha Allah! :)
oh i understand... so they get along well... that is good...

Anyway i was thinking (and i do not have children yet) that maybe they are giving you a hard time because this is a lot of change for them that they have no control over... like their mother just changed religions and is getting married to somebody from a totally different culture, and their parents are divorced... its just a lot... maybe if you talked to them about it a little bit and found out about their personal fears or concerns about the future it could make them see things in a different perspective?

- Qatada -
09-06-2006, 03:35 PM

Check this link insha'Allaah:

http://wudumate.co.uk

rubiesand
09-06-2006, 03:37 PM
..I will no longer have problems practicing my religion, insha Allah!
May Allah make everything easy for you sister, ameen. :rose:

doodlebug
09-06-2006, 04:08 PM
oh i understand... so they get along well... that is good...

Anyway i was thinking (and i do not have children yet) that maybe they are giving you a hard time because this is a lot of change for them that they have no control over... like their mother just changed religions and is getting married to somebody from a totally different culture, and their parents are divorced... its just a lot... maybe if you talked to them about it a little bit and found out about their personal fears or concerns about the future it could make them see things in a different perspective?

I know it is a lot. The divorce though happened long ago. they don't remember their dad living with us. They were one and two when he left me for the woman he is married to now.

The hard part is that they have lived in a house where it is just girls for sooooo long. It's just been the three muskateers for a very long time so that will be hard to adjust to.

Jayda
09-06-2006, 04:10 PM
aww... well maybe just talk through it with them... and be patient...

doodlebug
09-06-2006, 04:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Fi_Sabilillah

Check this link insha'Allaah:

http://wudumate.co.uk

hmmmm...not sure how to word this but.............the wudu that I learned was to :

wash hands 3x starting with right hand
wash mouth 3x
wash nose 3x (in and out with the water)
wash face 1x
rub wet hands over head 1x
wash ears 1x
wash up to elbows 3x starting with right arm
wash feet 3x starting with right foot.

so............what's up with the "intimate" washing?:?

Skillganon
09-06-2006, 04:59 PM
I suggest, if one is doing wudu, one don't need to stck their elbow and feet into the sink,you can wet your hand and massage the required areas (arm,head,feet e.t.c).

Secondly one should ask, and try to get a place to do one salat. If one can't find a suitable place, after all the option is tried, than one can do it later when one get home. (This is my opinion)

and take it easy sis.

Allah know's best.

- Qatada -
09-06-2006, 05:17 PM
hmmmm...not sure how to word this but.............the wudu that I learned was to :

wash mouth 3x
wash face 1x
wash ears 1x

Asalaamu 'alykum warahmatulahi wabarakatuh.

this is done when a person's been to the toilet.. if you've applied to the sisters section, i think it's better if you ask there insha'Allaah.

sameer
09-06-2006, 05:41 PM

wash mouth 3x
wash face 1x
wash ears 1x

wash hands up til wrists 3x starting with right hand
wash mouth 3x
wash face 3x
rub wet hands over head 1x continuing to wipe ure ears with index finger inside and thumb behind the ears.
wash feet til ankle 3x starting with right foot

intimate washing is required when u use the toilet. U need to wash out any area touched by urine or feaces thoroughly making sure not to get any
(filth) on ure clothing. ....... as the bro said bess u ask this in the sisters section for more details

doodlebug
09-06-2006, 09:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Skillganon
I suggest, if one is doing wudu, one don't need to stck their elbow and feet into the sink,you can wet your hand and massage the required areas (arm,head,feet e.t.c).

Secondly one should ask, and try to get a place to do one salat. If one can't find a suitable place, after all the option is tried, than one can do it later when one get home. (This is my opinion)

and take it easy sis.

Allah know's best.
hi skill...it's bostonlass. :D

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!