/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Ahmadinejad Purging Teachers

brainiac
09-06-2006, 02:08 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,212122,00.html

Iran's Ahmadinejad Calls for Purge of Liberal Teachers
Tuesday, September 05, 2006

TEHRAN, Iran — Iran's hard-line president Mahmoud Ahmadinejad called Tuesday for a purge of liberal and secular teachers from the country's universities, the official Islamic Republic News Agency reported in another step back to 1980s-style radicalism.

"Today, students should shout at the president and ask why liberal and secular university lecturers are present in the universities," the agency quoted Ahmadinejad as saying during a meeting with a group of students.

Ahmadinejad complained that changes in the country's universities were difficult to accomplish, but said, "The job for such a change has begun."

Just one more act in a long history of craziness.:?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Trumble
09-06-2006, 06:25 AM
It's not craziness at all. Ensuring the young only hear your point of view is standard tactics for wannabe-oligarchs everywhere.

Muezzin
09-06-2006, 09:24 AM
I'm no fan of Ahmadinejad, but to me, this just looks like the other side of the coin of secularism. That is, if a truly secular state does not allow any religion to be taught in schools, this proposal is the opposite.

Woodrow
09-06-2006, 09:27 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
I'm no fan of Ahmadinejad, but to me, this just looks like the other side of the coin of secularism. That is, if a truly secular state does not allow any religion to be taught in schools, this proposal is the opposite.
Excellent point.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
lavikor201
09-06-2006, 06:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Trumble
It's not craziness at all. Ensuring the young only hear your point of view is standard tactics for wannabe-oligarchs everywhere.
Sounds like what Hitler and Stalin did...

Muezzin
09-06-2006, 06:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by lavikor201
Except those two were scumbags who could back up their barks with a considerable bite.

Ahmadinejad is just stirring the pot. I seriously doubt he can walk the walk.

Kidman
09-06-2006, 07:08 PM
Are there any other articles pertaining to this, i know that fox news is one of the most trusted news agencies on earth, but to hear it from another source will be nice... :)

Kidman

QuranStudy
09-06-2006, 07:54 PM
Perhaps the same thing is going on in Israel, but you'd never know since Jews control the media! (lol j/k)

therebbe
09-06-2006, 08:08 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by QuranStudy
Perhaps the same thing is going on in Israel, but you'd never know since Jews control the media! (lol j/k)
In Israel a basic right is for anyone to hold any opinion which is why people who hate Jews and people who follow rituals that are against Jewish law are tolerated in Israel. Maybe if Israel became more Traditional Jewish and less "freedom/secular" influenced possibly Islamic countries would not hate her. But it is a fact of life that other religions other than Jews live in israel so strict conservative Jewish state would not be very fair to Christians in Israel ect...

brainiac
09-07-2006, 01:38 AM
http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...MPLATE=DEFAULT

format_quote Originally Posted by Kidman
Are there any other articles pertaining to this, i know that fox news is one of the most trusted news agencies on earth, but to hear it from another source will be nice... :)Kidman

Most of the stories on Fox are actually first reported by The Associated Press and then re-broadcasted by Fox. This news item is one of those. A.P. is given credit in the articles.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.