/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Pakistanis thank Sikh community

AvarAllahNoor
09-06-2006, 09:38 AM
Some good news for a change!

A Pakistan businessman has thanked the Sikh community for their help after the earthquake by handing over a holy shroud.

Sajjad Shah, 45, from Carrington Road, High Wycombe, brought back the shroud from Pakistan to present to Sarup Singh Seehra, from the High Wycombe Gurdwara, the Sikh temple, in Kingston Road.

He said: "I think it is important that the different communities show they can live together and I wanted to show how much it meant to us that the Sikh community had helped us so much after the earthquake. They are wonderful people."

The holy shroud will now take pride of place in the Gurdwara. The Sikh community hopes this will set a good example to encourage inter-faith harmony and greater tolerance among different communities.

The presentation was organised by the Wycombe Race Equality Council (REC).

Zia Ullah, from the REC, said: "This is a great way of showing the unity that exists in High Wycombe. With everything that has been happening, it is important to show people that we are one community together."

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
chacha_jalebi
09-06-2006, 10:04 AM
what does it mean by shroud?

AvarAllahNoor
09-06-2006, 10:09 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Alpha Dude
Good news, do you have a source for this AvarAllahNoor?
http://www.thisisbucks.co.uk/display..._community.php

http://www.sikhsangat.org/publish/article_1323.shtml

Jalebi ji, it's called a 'Romallah' It's to cover the Guru Granth Sahib (Holy Book) Ji.

chacha_jalebi
09-06-2006, 08:25 PM
ohh good good, pakistani people always been nice to the sikhs, :D we lurve em :p like in pakistan have bare sikh shrines :D:D:D:

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Ghazi
09-06-2006, 08:53 PM
:sl:

by handing over a holy shroud.
This shroud u speak of whats it significents and how come a random buisness man has got it if it's holy.

azim
09-06-2006, 09:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AvarAllahNoor
Some good news for a change!

A Pakistan businessman has thanked the Sikh community for their help after the earthquake by handing over a holy shroud.

Sajjad Shah, 45, from Carrington Road, High Wycombe, brought back the shroud from Pakistan to present to Sarup Singh Seehra, from the High Wycombe Gurdwara, the Sikh temple, in Kingston Road.

He said: "I think it is important that the different communities show they can live together and I wanted to show how much it meant to us that the Sikh community had helped us so much after the earthquake. They are wonderful people."

The holy shroud will now take pride of place in the Gurdwara. The Sikh community hopes this will set a good example to encourage inter-faith harmony and greater tolerance among different communities.

The presentation was organised by the Wycombe Race Equality Council (REC).

Zia Ullah, from the REC, said: "This is a great way of showing the unity that exists in High Wycombe. With everything that has been happening, it is important to show people that we are one community together."
Just out of curiosity - is Sajjad Shah muslim?

AvarAllahNoor
09-08-2006, 01:38 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by chacha_jalebi
ohh good good, pakistani people always been nice to the sikhs, :D we lurve em :p like in pakistan have bare sikh shrines :D:D:D:
Hehe, true! - We love em back :)

AvarAllahNoor
09-08-2006, 01:39 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by islam-truth
:sl:

This shroud u speak of whats it significents and how come a random buisness man has got it if it's holy.
It's not holy as such, as it's just a shiny material that's draped on the SGGS!

And the news was done by a cuacasian so they try to remain respectful.

Muezzin
09-08-2006, 02:20 PM
Good news.

It's nice to have news items like this - they're like oases in the desolate battlefield that is the World Affairs section.

AvarAllahNoor
09-08-2006, 02:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muezzin
Good news.

It's nice to have news items like this - they're like oases in the desolate battlefield that is the World Affairs section.
It's not always been battles between Sikhs and Muslims - Many Muslims were befirended by Guru Gobind Singh Ji and by the other Gurus. Akbar the Great was a friend of Guru Arjan Dev Ji! - Just unfornutate a few moghuls decided to convert forcefully. Otherwise it's been quite harmonious! :)

Muezzin
09-08-2006, 02:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AvarAllahNoor
It's not always been battles between Sikhs and Muslims - Many Muslims were befirended by Guru Gobind Singh Ji and by the other Gurus. Akbar the Great was a friend of Guru Arjan Dev Ji! - Just unfornutate a few moghuls decided to convert forcefully. Otherwise it's been quite harmonious! :)
Yep, you're right there.

I was talking of the World Affairs section itself being a pretty negative place recently rather than Muslim-Sikh relations, which are generally pretty peaceful. :)

Sis786
09-08-2006, 04:21 PM
Not trying to cause a stir but i heard that the Sikh Community regreted backing the Hindu Community in the spilt of Pakistan and India. Also that the Hindus at the time used the Sikhs to go and fight in the wars and therefore more Sikhs died...is this true?

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
09-08-2006, 04:39 PM
Ive actually heard that too...

chacha_jalebi
09-08-2006, 05:13 PM
yesh it is true :D

but i think the majority of sikhs realised it was true, and quite a lot of them have back fired againist the hindus,

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
09-08-2006, 05:51 PM
well at least theirs harmony...thats a plus point.

ozzie
09-09-2006, 01:07 PM
salaam

omg!!!

i live in high wycombe....andkingston road is next to my road!!!!!!!!!!

what a coincidence

AvarAllahNoor
09-09-2006, 08:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sis786
Not trying to cause a stir but i heard that the Sikh Community regreted backing the Hindu Community in the spilt of Pakistan and India. Also that the Hindus at the time used the Sikhs to go and fight in the wars and therefore more Sikhs died...is this true?
Well to an extent it is true! - The Sikhs too were offered thier own land by the british (Punjab) but the idiotic Sikhs who were 'representing' us said no. foolishly veeery foolishly. Anyway the person in charge of talks on our side was from hindu decent and was more in favour of the hindus than the Sikhs!

After the 1984 attack on the Sikhs and our shrine. The indian government were so scared as after Sant Jarnail Singh decided to launch a Dharam Morcha (Holy) against the hindus and pakistan were just about to come into Punjab and declare Khalistan. (Land of the pure Sikh homeland) Just as the hindus did in bangladesh many years before. Shame it didn't occur and that many Sikh were killed because of the hindus.

They may have elected a 'Sikh' as the primeminster now, but a chap with a beard and turban does not make a Sikh! - He's a hindu puppet. But our day shall come. Most of our Shrines are in Pakistan, and so the relations are quite good between the muslim and Sikhs. Also some of the Sikhs get the 'military' training from muslims too, which the hindus can't fathom. ;oD

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
09-09-2006, 10:19 PM
Yea ive heard much of that from my mom. Wasnt sure if it was true. Thanx for clarifying it :D Actually a lot of Muslims and Sikhs died because of it. Both sides.

AvarAllahNoor
09-09-2006, 10:41 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Tayyaba
Yea ive heard much of that from my mom. Wasnt sure if it was true. Thanx for clarifying it :D Actually a lot of Muslims and Sikhs died because of it. Both sides.
They continue to die even now. hindu police killed 13 Sikhs in kashmir and blamed the muslims. It was on clintons visit and only recently clinton spoke up and said. Had he not have attended the meeting in india, with the government the Sikhs would have been spared and the muslims in kashmir would not have suffered even more. It's an evil world and unfortunately life is not worth anything to some. So they continue to kill -What ever God is content with who are we to intervene i say!

:unhappy:

Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
09-10-2006, 12:00 AM
Yea...cuz of the actions of a few. People take advantage of the situation and blame the Muslims...i mean comeon! The true followers of Islam, the Muslims who follow will never fear death. I think Sikhs just as well might feel the same. I include myself in that...

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.