/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Christian-Muslim event

rubiesand
09-06-2006, 02:16 PM
PRAYER as MEETING

A weekend gathering of Muslims and Christians celebrating and exploring our experience and understanding of prayer

Remembrance of God (dhikr) and Contemplative Prayer (meditation)

The University of York
16-17 September 2006

Plenary Sessions:

Dr Musharraf Hussain
Dr Reza Shah Kazemi
Father Laurence Freeman OSB
Father Silouan

Workshops

A Conversation about Meister Eckhart
Father Laurence Freeman OSB and Dr Reza Shah Kazemi

Perspectives on the Love of God
Dr Musharraf Hussain and Father Silouan

How do we live the 'Remembrance of God', how do we 'Pray continuously'?
Rev Deborah Holmyard, Fuad Nahdi and Sabnum Dharamsi

Living Islam in Britain
Wahida Shaffi and Mushtaq Ghani

Panel
A panel discussion with young Christians and Muslims will be chaired by Fuad Nahdi

FOR THE BOOKING FORM AND FURTHER INFORMATION PLEASE CONTACT
THE CHRISTIAN MEDITATION TRUST (UK),
ST MARK'S MYDDELTON SQUARE,
LONDON EC1R 1XX
020 7833 9615
uk@wccm.org

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
QuranStudy
09-06-2006, 02:17 PM
Bad idea.

Eric H
09-06-2006, 05:48 PM
Greetings and peace be with you rubiesand, and thank you for highlighting this event, but it is just a bit too far for me to go sadly.

It seems very difficult to comprehend but the same God hears both our prayers, and he also hears the prayers of Hindu, Sikh and all others.

I wonder why this is so difficult to accept.

In the spirit of praying for interfaith relations.

Eric

glo
09-06-2006, 05:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Eric H
Greetings and peace be with you rubiesand, and thank you for highlighting this event, but it is just a bit too far for me to go sadly.

It seems very difficult to comprehend but the same God hears both our prayers, and he also hears the prayers of Hindu, Sikh and all others.

In the spirit of praying for interfaith relations.

Eric
I agree with you, Eric.
This sounds like a fab idea. :)

Rubie, do you think you can find out for us how the event goes?
Do you go to uni in York?

Peace, guys. :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
rubiesand
09-06-2006, 06:21 PM
I received the notice via email, but sadly it is also out of range for me to attend. I posted it here in case there might be a member here who would be interested in going. If I get any word on how the event goes, I'd be glad to post it.

AvarAllahNoor
09-12-2006, 01:42 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Eric H

Eric
Because some people are into falsehood, and it's difficult to accept this by some!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.