/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Israelis see Nasrallah as their source of truth

Kidman
09-06-2006, 03:25 PM
Israelis see Nasrallah as their source of truth
9/4/2006 5:22:00 PM GMT

The Israeli public relied on reports from Hezbollah leader, Sheikh Nasrallah

"We reached a really crazy situation," Dr. Udi Lebel, a Ben Gurion University professor told Voice of Israel government radio yesterday.

In a recent poll entitled "the management of Israeli PR during the second Lebanon war," by professor Lebel, six groups of people were asked to watch video recordings of Israeli PR and that of abroad, and then answer questions.

The survey found that there was problem for Israel's public relation.

Since the end of the bloody conflict Israel initiated in Lebanon last July, the Israeli media focused on two main issues: The need for an account of the failures by the Israeli leadership, and media criticism and nature of reports, according to Ynetnews.

Professor Lebel carried out numerous polls in the past on various issues including strategic press, political psychology, and army-media relations.

But his latest poll shed light on an important fact which is that Israeli PR was so lacking, to the extent that in many cases the public was forced to rely on information from the leader of the Lebanese resistance movement; Hezbollah, Sheikh Hassan Nasrallah.

According to Lebel, a good media leader relies on three aspects, gripping the audience, being watchable, and giving the feeling of certainty.

Asked about Hezbollah leader’s authenticity in comparison to that of Israeli spokespeople, not one Hebrew spokesperson received high authenticity marks.

"We reached a really crazy situation," Professor Lebel said.

"A psychological situation which seems inconceivable: Instead of the Israeli public watching our national spokesman who tells it what is happening every day, who will minimize the chaos and who will be seen as believable, something unprecedented happened: The public perceived the enemy leader against whom we fought as having those characteristics, and waited impatiently for his speeches."

"Nasrallah contradicted the Israeli spokespeople more than once, many times contradicting the minister of defense, he was the first to announce the deaths of Israeli soldiers and the sad circumstances which led to them,"

"This isn't the first time that a bereaved mother found out the truth of the death of her son in recordings released by Hezbollah, where a totally different picture is shown to what the 'IDF' and its spokespeople have provided," Dr. Lebel added.

The poll finding highlights a serious crisis of Israel leadership.

"It's not important if objectively the leadership did its best – now the public perceives it as cut off, unprofessional, and boastful. It won't follow the leadership to the next confrontation," Dr. Lebel said.

http://www.aljazeera.com/cgi-bin/rev...rvice_ID=12008

Kidman

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Zulkiflim
09-06-2006, 06:53 PM
Salaam,

Intersting article.

Ninth_Scribe
09-06-2006, 07:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kidman
Israelis see Nasrallah as their source of truth
9/4/2006 5:22:00 PM GMT

The Israeli public relied on reports from Hezbollah leader, Sheikh Nasrallah

"We reached a really crazy situation," Professor Lebel said.

"A psychological situation which seems inconceivable: Instead of the Israeli public watching our national spokesman who tells it what is happening every day, who will minimize the chaos and who will be seen as believable, something unprecedented happened: The public perceived the enemy leader against whom we fought as having those characteristics, and waited impatiently for his speeches."

"Nasrallah contradicted the Israeli spokespeople more than once, many times contradicting the minister of defense, he was the first to announce the deaths of Israeli soldiers and the sad circumstances which led to them,"

"This isn't the first time that a bereaved mother found out the truth of the death of her son in recordings released by Hezbollah, where a totally different picture is shown to what the 'IDF' and its spokespeople have provided," Dr. Lebel added.

The poll finding highlights a serious crisis of Israel leadership.

"It's not important if objectively the leadership did its best – now the public perceives it as cut off, unprofessional, and boastful. It won't follow the leadership to the next confrontation," Dr. Lebel said.

http://www.aljazeera.com/cgi-bin/rev...rvice_ID=12008

Kidman
Thanks for this article... will download it immediately for my archives. :)

Ninth Scribe

therebbe
09-06-2006, 07:18 PM
Great source... known to be very truthful and fair on israel.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
QuranStudy
09-06-2006, 07:24 PM
Great source... known to be very truthful and fair on israel.
It's known to get truthful in general. Any source that sheds positive light on Israel isnt necessarilly the truth.

therebbe
09-06-2006, 07:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by QuranStudy
It's known to get truthful in general. Any source that sheds positive light on Israel isnt necessarilly the truth.
Al-Jazeera is a huge biased source. Yet you complain when a biased sources not suiting your ideas is posted.

QuranStudy
09-06-2006, 07:30 PM
Al-Jazeera is a huge biased source. Yet you complain when a biased sources not suiting your ideas is posted.
I usually look towards BBC for a reliable source.

QuranStudy
09-06-2006, 07:51 PM
Wow, Nasrallah seems to get more popular by the day!

Kidman
09-06-2006, 08:28 PM
just as reliable as your source for this post: Ahmadinejad Purging Teachers

azim
09-06-2006, 10:11 PM
Asalaamu alaykum.

I think that perhaps that statement should be reconsidered. We should judge validity and truthfulness based upon the source - not the content.

i.e. The pagans didn't want to accept one god so they rejected it, but if they had viewed the source as being the judgement of validity - The Truthfu One (pbuh) - they would have realised the truth.

wilberhum
09-06-2006, 11:15 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/5291420.stm
27 Aug 2006
Hezbollah chief Sheikh Hassan Nasrallah has said he would not have ordered the capture of two Israeli soldiers if he had known it would lead to such a war.
"Had we known that the kidnapping of the soldiers would have led to this, we would definitely not have done it," he said in an interview on Lebanese TV.
http://english.aljazeera.net/NR/exer...99A5B7991E.htm
6 Sep 2006
Sheik Hassan Nasrallah, the leader of Hezbollah, has said he does "not regret" the capture of two Israeli soldiers that led to Israel's offensive against Lebanon.
I wonder which way the wind will blow tomorrow?

therebbe
09-06-2006, 11:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Kidman
just as reliable as your source for this post: Ahmadinejad Purging Teachers
I did not post that. But who am I to get in the way of an A+ reader... :rollseyes

north_malaysian
09-07-2006, 03:35 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by therebbe
Al-Jazeera is a huge biased source..
It's not really biased ... because it critics Muslim countries leader MORE than criticising Israeli govt. I really LOVE their Talk Shows.. or FORUM!!!

QuranStudy
09-07-2006, 04:55 AM
It's not really biased ... because it critics Muslim countries leader MORE than criticising Israeli govt. I really LOVE their Talk Shows.. or FORUM!!!
Well, it is true that Al-Jazeera doesnt show much sympathy for Israel. There are two sides to every story.

north_malaysian
09-07-2006, 05:42 AM
Well, it is true that Al-Jazeera doesnt show much sympathy for Israel. There are two sides to every story.
At least Al Jazeera is the ONLY tv station from Muslim world which invites Israelis to make their voices heard...

Obi-Wan
09-07-2006, 11:30 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by therebbe
You have a right to your opinions.
What do you think of ynet news? It ran the same story.
http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7...299073,00.html

Isn't that an Israeli news service?

it is according to wiki... But maybe I can't trust them either.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ynet

Ynet is one of the most visited Israeli news websites. While it is owned and operated by Yediot Aharonot, the Israeli newspaper with the largest circulation, and includes articles from the tabloid print edition, most of the content is original work published on website only written by a semi-independent staff.

I googled Udi Lebel on the news service...

Collective Bellaciao, France
Israelis see Nasrallah as a more credible source for truth (But they are quoting al-Jazeera)

Poll: Israelis Relied on Nasrallah More Than Peretz To Tell Truth from Arutz Sheva, Israel (But it looks like they've chopped up the Ynet article, though they don't give it as a source)

Kidman
09-07-2006, 02:30 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by wilberhum
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/5291420.stm
27 Aug 2006

http://english.aljazeera.net/NR/exer...99A5B7991E.htm
6 Sep 2006

I wonder which way the wind will blow tomorrow?
I started this business, and dropped out of school and made really good money for a while, then the business went bankrupt. If I had known the business would've gone bankrupt from the beginning, i wouldn't have done it, but from all the knowledge and experience i gained, i still don't regret it.

Kidman

Chuck
09-07-2006, 02:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Obi-Wan
You have a right to your opinions.
What do you think of ynet news? It ran the same story.
http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7...299073,00.html

Isn't that an Israeli news service?

it is according to wiki... But maybe I can't trust them either.

I googled Udi Lebel on the news service...

Collective Bellaciao, France
Israelis see Nasrallah as a more credible source for truth (But they are quoting al-Jazeera)

Poll: Israelis Relied on Nasrallah More Than Peretz To Tell Truth from Arutz Sheva, Israel (But it looks like they've chopped up the Ynet article, though they don't give it as a source)
good post

QuranStudy
09-07-2006, 02:49 PM
At least Al Jazeera is the ONLY tv station from Muslim world which invites Israelis to make their voices heard...
Thats true too.

north_malaysian
09-08-2006, 02:21 AM
Thats true too.
It is... anyone can give any tv station from Muslim country doing the same?

Chuck
09-08-2006, 12:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by north_malaysian
It is... anyone can give any tv station from Muslim country doing the same?
Al Jazeera is from muslim country... second one is Al Arabia.

Nablus
09-08-2006, 02:04 PM
The jewish society dont believe in its governments announcements BUT
the western states believe in the Jewish government BLINDLY !!!!!!!!!!

something sarcastic

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.