/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Gay priests in Christian churches

QuranStudy
09-07-2006, 04:21 PM
How come there are gay priests in Christian churches?? From my understanding, homosexuality is an abomination in Christianity. There are various verses in the New Testament (also Old testament) that denounces such sexual orientation. So why are they gay people preaching the word of God in churches? Are Christians betraying Christ??

Thanks.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Nσσя'υℓ Jαииαн
09-07-2006, 04:30 PM
I find this offensive to Christian teachings...Christianity in general..

Jayda
09-07-2006, 04:52 PM
they are people too...

All you need to preach the word of God is intelligence... all you need to live the Word of God is perfection and for the rest of us there is Salvation... i think a sinner would know this better than anyone else... as long as they are not preaching that it is okay to sin, and as long as they try to repent and remind the parishoners that i dont see why they couldnt...

QuranStudy
09-07-2006, 04:55 PM
All you need to preach the word of God is intelligence... all you need to live the Word of God is perfection and for the rest of us there is Salvation... i think a sinner would know this better than anyone else... as long as they are not preaching that it is okay to sin, and as long as they try to repent and remind the parishoners that i dont see why they couldnt...
The Bible forbids homosexuality. Yet Christians not only respect them, but they make gays their priests!!! Wow, strong defiance.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Jayda
09-07-2006, 05:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by QuranStudy
The Bible forbids homosexuality. Yet Christians not only respect them, but they make gays their priests!!! Wow, strong defiance.
God forbids homosexuality just as strongly as he forbids us from judging each other with respect to sin, and just as strongly as he promises us his sacrifice is for all sinners and that all sins can be washed away.

QuranStudy
09-07-2006, 05:09 PM
God forbids homosexuality just as strongly as he forbids us from judging each other with respect to sin, and just as strongly as he promises us his sacrifice is for all sinners and that all sins can be washed away.
So Christians willingly commit sins with hope that God will just forgive them??

Jayda
09-07-2006, 05:11 PM
So Christians willingly commit sins with hope that God will just forgive them??
of course not

sameer
09-07-2006, 05:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Jayda
they are people too...

All u need to preach is intelligence? what about integrity and understand and knowledge of the scriptures?

Homosexuality? -wasnt sodom and gomora destroyed for this?
If god destroyed a whole tribe/civilisation for this.....then how can u pass it off as simple thing as they are human tooo?

Yes they are human tooo and that y they should be allowed to marry WOMEN and fulfil there desires in a "legal" way.
If priests are supposed to be the best and most pious men, then y are they not allowed to reproduce and pass on their teachings and example to their childeren? Or is the worst of mankind and ppl allowed to reporduce and pass on thier message only?

The leaders/ teachers/ preiests should set the example and live pious b4 they can demand it from their follwers. (this goes across the board for all religions).

You said to live the word of God is perfection and for everyone else their is salvation? i take it that u would use this to go on commiting sins after sins and then seeking salvation over and over again rather than striving for perfection no one is automatically perfect?

I dont think u should use this to justify that some of ure priests are Gay.

It would be better to come out and say that they have deviated from the teachings and should be removed as priests and the religion should not be changed to accomodate them. After all, how can anyone change the "word of god" to cater for someone sick desires? That just dosent make sense.

How would u feel if a priest encouraged/ taught ure Son to engage in homosexulaity by abusing yours and your sons trust that he is teaching the right thing? Would u be ok if he repented and continued teaching/ preaching at ure church?

- Qatada -
09-07-2006, 05:34 PM
:salamext:

Listen, calm down insha'Allaah. :) I agree though, the most pious among the people from a faith should be the ones following the way of their scripture the most.

Remember that Allaah Almighty says:

Invite (all) to the Way of thy Lord with wisdom and beautiful preaching; and argue with them in ways that are best and most gracious: for thy Lord knoweth best, who have strayed from His Path, and who receive guidance. (Qur'an 16:25)

wilberhum
09-07-2006, 05:44 PM
Should people be band from the priesthood if they do not honor there fathers and mothers? What if he steals or has lied? How about if he coveted his neighbors house?
Or is it just sinful sex that bothers you?

ACC
09-07-2006, 05:59 PM
I dont understand why muslims find it necessary to tell others how their faith works and should be practiced. Why? I have noticed this an awful lot on this board.

It is an observation, a generalization yes, but definitely an observation of mine on this board.

QuranStudy
09-07-2006, 06:01 PM
I dont understand why muslims find it necessary to tell others how their faith works and should be practiced. Why? I have noticed this an awful lot on this board.
So you don't find anything wrong with sodomites preaching the word of God at your local church?

Umar001
09-07-2006, 06:20 PM
Just want to say,

Faith without deed is dead, those preachers who are havingreletionships and carrying on as if they aint doing bad, then their faith, according to scripture, not me, is dead.

If they have the intention to stop, and are trying to rectify their homosexual tendecies then, it is upto G-d.

I don't understand the thinking of those who put all sin under one basket, such as Homosexuality being the same as Stealing a sweet or something.

Also, Althought in the Bible, we see many Prophets, being said to have done many things, including incest and drunkness and adultry, we never read of them comiting Homosexuality. If anyone can find me a passage where a Prophet, done this I'd be more than happy to look at it.

Peaceeeeeeeeee

QuranStudy
09-07-2006, 06:20 PM
1st Question: You have no idea what I think. You may be surprised by what we agree on.
Personally, I think homosexuality is a abomination.

2nd Question: It always seems like the people that cause the most problems and are the most confrontational tend to be the most insecure people I have ever met. This applies to my experiences in both my professional and personal life
I agree.

ACC
09-07-2006, 06:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by IsaAbdullah
Just want to say,

Faith without deed is dead, those preachers who are havingreletionships and carrying on as if they aint doing bad, then their faith, according to scripture, not me, is dead.

If they have the intention to stop, and are trying to rectify their homosexual tendecies then, it is upto G-d.

I don't understand the thinking of those who put all sin under one basket, such as Homosexuality being the same as Stealing a sweet or something.

Also, Althought in the Bible, we see many Prophets, being said to have done many things, including incest and drunkness and adultry, we never read of them comiting Homosexuality. If anyone can find me a passage where a Prophet, done this I'd be more than happy to look at it.

Peaceeeeeeeeee
We agree more than you know.

There faith is dead if they willingly continue down a wrong path. The parishoners are not at fault in this situation unless they knowingly follow someone who they know is doing bad on purpose.

You cant be a priest if you are a practising homosexual. If you are putting in a good faith effort to stop this activity and wish to repent, then that is different. Priests can be neither practising homosexuals OR practising heterosexuals.

ACC
09-07-2006, 06:27 PM
[QUOTE=QuranStudy;480524]Personally, I think homosexuality is a abomination. QUOTE]

I wouldnt have guessed! :)

Umar001
09-07-2006, 06:37 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ACC
We agree more than you know.

There faith is dead if they willingly continue down a wrong path. The parishoners are not at fault in this situation unless they knowingly follow someone who they know is doing bad on purpose.

You cant be a priest if you are a practising homosexual. If you are putting in a good faith effort to stop this activity and wish to repent, then that is different. Priests can be neither practising homosexuals OR practising heterosexuals.
But if they aint practicing then why say they are Homosexuals, I mean for example, if they sometimes have an urge then and dont do nothin then OK, thats Human not homosexuality, like if I see something and think maybe I should take taht, and then dont, I am not a thief.

So a priest who aint doing nothing with noone aint a Homosexual guy, he may have whispers from Satan to do these things, as someone else may have whispers to steal, but neither are HOmosexual nor Theifs.

What about Allowing Gay Marriages, yall cant tell me that those are people trying to cut it out.

ACC
09-07-2006, 06:51 PM
But if they aint practicing then why say they are Homosexuals, I mean for example, if they sometimes have an urge then and dont do nothin then OK, thats Human not homosexuality, like if I see something and think maybe I should take taht, and then dont, I am not a thief.

So a priest who aint doing nothing with noone aint a Homosexual guy, he may have whispers from Satan to do these things, as someone else may have whispers to steal, but neither are HOmosexual nor Theifs.

What about Allowing Gay Marriages, yall cant tell me that those are people trying to cut it out.
They may have homosexual tendencies, but if they do not practice or submit to their temptations, then yes, they are not homosexual. I agree. I believe what we are saying is people with homosexual tendencies. My religion does not allow gay marriage. I cant speak for other religions though.

Umar001
09-07-2006, 07:07 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ACC
They may have homosexual tendencies, but if they do not practice or submit to their temptations, then yes, they are not homosexual. I agree. I believe what we are saying is people with homosexual tendencies. My religion does not allow gay marriage. I cant speak for other religions though.
So would you say now, your agains homosexual priests, but not priest who have whispers of homosexuality, but do not act on them??

ACC
09-07-2006, 07:16 PM
So would you say now, your agains homosexual priests, but not priest who have whispers of homosexuality, but do not act on them??
Absoultely, I have never said otherwise, based on what we have defined above. Like I said, we agree more than you know.

wilberhum
09-07-2006, 07:33 PM
I would be much more concerned about the content of a sermon than the sexual tendencies of the speaker.

I would rather listen to a message of peace and understanding from a homosexual than a message of hate and intolerance from a heterosexual.

But then I don’t hate people for there sexual preferences.

جوري
09-07-2006, 07:37 PM
The content of the sermon would be hypocritical ... you can't quote the part of the book that appeals to you and ignore what doesn't.... It is all or none... I am not condemning homosexuality ... but I am not condoning it either ... their judgment is with God not with me.... But you can't practice medicine without a license no matter how much you love science, I am not sure I'd want a dabbler helping me as opposed to a professional ... you can't preach religion without understanding the entire content of the book..

QuranStudy
09-07-2006, 07:38 PM
I would be much more concerned about the content of a sermon than the sexual tendencies of the speaker.
Content of semon = content of Bible = includes no homosexuality/sodomizing.

I would rather listen to a message of peace and understanding from a homosexual than a message of hate and intolerance from a heterosexual.
How can you justify a man sodomizing another man?? Oh yeah, I forgot. Atheists/Agnostics have no morals.

But then I don’t hate people for there sexual preferences.
I prefer order in society. Gay priests just shows how seriously Christians take their religion.

Jayda
09-07-2006, 07:41 PM
Gay priests just shows how seriously Christians take their religion.
i dont even know why i bother replying to questions... they always turn into lectures about how terrible christians are and how evil christianity is

wilberhum
09-07-2006, 07:54 PM
Content of semon = content of Bible = includes no homosexuality/sodomizing.
Da! That would only be true if it was not a sermon, just a bible reading. Are you implying that all sermons by homosexuals state that homosexuality is OK?
How can you justify a man sodomizing another man??
I give no justification. I just don’t hate them.
I prefer order in society.
I don’t think social order hinges on what happens in some bedrooms.
Atheists/Agnostics have no morals.
Not your version of morals, that’s for sure.
Gay priests just shows how seriously Christians take their religion.
Typical stereotyping. What some do is the standard for all. Kind of like since some Muslims support terrorism then all Muslims support terrorism. Right?

Woodrow
09-07-2006, 08:52 PM
There is no justification in keeping a thread up that only falls into an arguement over who is better. This is not a debate it is a sandbox fight.

:threadclo

- Qatada -
09-07-2006, 08:56 PM
I agree with uncle Woodrow.

If any members want to make some points - do it in a respectful manner, otherwise we aren't going to learn anything. And nearly every thread will end up being closed.

Also, realise that as the christians have said over and over again, even though the homosexual priests do that act, doesn't mean that it's allowed within the christianic faith.

Allaah Almighty knows best.

Peace.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.